Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
I like that one myself, but it's merely a cloud of some of THE OPESTER's most used catchphrases he parrots without self-awareness. That's how he puts up numbers. Don't be an f-word, I'm trying to swear less for my boring kids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
I do think Opie has been better this year, but he's not going to let that 'just a taste' catchphrase die.

I'd like to know what Patton Oswalt suggested the boys do if they don't resign with Sirius (they will). It sounds like they all want to do it for a few more years after the contract is up in October.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Tom, this is "Mayor's Fun Money." You can use it anywhere.

Bubba Smith posted:

I do think Opie has been better this year, but he's not going to let that 'just a taste' catchphrase die.

I'd like to know what Patton Oswalt suggested the boys do if they don't resign with Sirius (they will). It sounds like they all want to do it for a few more years after the contract is up in October.

I think the costs of Ant's mansion and Opie's new york apartment/kids private school are enough to ensure that they're never going to leave sirius. I can't imagine they'd make anywhere near what they are making if they do their own thing, nor can I see anyone else paying them what they're making now.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Bubba Smith posted:

He hasn't been better this year.

This secret plan might be interesting but it'll probably be buried away into the "anniversary cruise" file.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
They won't leave Sirius. They will either get fired(This won't happen either because they are too important for Sirius numbers) or Sirius will end as a company. That or they get really old and finally retire.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

They don't even have it in themselves to get fired anymore.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

They also don't realize that all of their buddies doing podcasts are doing them as a second or third job.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I love people with no fame in anyway who start generic podcasts. Some ideas are clever enough and if you get in early to podcasting you can fill that niche, but most are terrible and overdone anyway. Since I've been working in media, I see it constantly. If you look at it merely as a hobby or a way to refine your own on air talking/personality, fine. However, so many people have delusions of granger about their podcast actually becoming a thing of success. No one is ever going to listen to you talking for an hour about sports or whatever unless they know you, and even then most of them are just being nice.

I've seen it through radio, a guy I know actually quit his radio gig and started a podcast network trying to get a niche audience through "city interest" (as in, podcast based around said city).

I guess it's similar though to the waves and waves of people who create below par music who clearly aren't cut out to be a success in anyway but still take years and years to actually realize it.

My point I guess is that podcasts are poo poo for income for people even with some fame so I don't get why so many people think it can be a thing for them.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I've never listened to a podcast, but like everyone apparently has one.

On twitter and facebook it's just constant "listen to my podcast!" Or when I meet up with old friends they will bring up something they discussed on their podcast expecting that I heard it. It's a very odd thing.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

T Fowl posted:

However, so many people have delusions of granger about their podcast

I'm sorry I just woke up but this is the funniest thing I've read in like 5 years on the internet. There's a Harry Potter joke in here, somewhere.

I miss randomly looking up podcasts and finding gems.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Yeah, I spelled it wrong, oops.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

therealjon_ posted:

I've never listened to a podcast, but like everyone apparently has one.

On twitter and facebook it's just constant "listen to my podcast!" Or when I meet up with old friends they will bring up something they discussed on their podcast expecting that I heard it. It's a very odd thing.

Yeah, many people I know have them. The only people seriously listening are the closest friends and family, and a lot of that is just the whole closeness to that person requirement.

Also, the guy I know who quit and started his own podcast network apparently stopped paying for the website since it's down. He also looks to have stopped his own podcasts.. as the last one on itunes is from November. Oops.

T Bowl fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Mar 15, 2014

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
I think even the biggest podcasts like Uhh Yead Dude are struggling to find ways to actually make money.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
I haven't listened to weekend programming in a while, but there's a best of 2004 special on right now that's really taking me back.

edit: Oh wow. They even have the High Voltage bumpers and XM News voiceovers.

Law Cheetah posted:

someone posted this on the O&A subreddit:

How old is this? Scott Ferrall has been gone for a while now.

livingfruitvirus fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Mar 16, 2014

OlyMike
Sep 17, 2006
I'm talking about flagellation, who gives a damn about parades

O__O posted:

I think even the biggest podcasts like Uhh Yead Dude are struggling to find ways to actually make money.

From what I've seen, a podcast should be a way to a means. Carolla has a new show coming out, Scott Aukerman from Comedy Bang Bang got a TV show out of his, Kumail Nanjiani has a TV show coming out. I don't think monetizing a podcast is a reasonable way to go, taking any notoriety you get from a podcast, and turning it into classic media seems to be the way its working. poo poo, look at Chris Hardwich, he's like the Ryan Secrest of alternative comedy.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Ron's on live right now. David Brenner tribute

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Oh noble brogy. Overflowing with meaty wisdom and secret sauce.

Call Me Charlie posted:

Think Jay Mohr's going to stop using Brenner as his go to example for hack comedians?

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Call Me Charlie posted:

Man I love this fast forward/rewind limit that exists on Raw Dog Sirius XM Comedy Hits 99.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

O__O posted:

Awesome. I can only imagine the look on Opie's face when he someday tries to monetize the amazing podcast he's pimped for so long and gets jack poo poo. And then probably gets sued for the trouble.

Yay Pudding!
Mar 26, 2010

Frrrrrrunkis
Did Lady Di show up for her internship?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Just replace the cocktail with a pack of Natty Ice.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.
I would probably be an alcoholic too, if I had to look at that face in the mirror every morning.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

holy poo poo

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell
Jesus Christ. No wonder her husband threw himself in front of a train.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

UncleMonkey posted:

Jesus Christ. No wonder her husband threw himself in front of a train.

:drat:

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

If you ever wanted to know what Anne Ramsay looks like right now in her grave....

I shudder to think what her roommate looks like.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Just replace the cocktail with a pack of Natty Ice.

That you Erock?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Jim tweeted this and it makes me sick to look at it:

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

^^^ Jesus, she's WC Fields!!

livingfruitvirus posted:

That you Erock?

I clearly brought something to the table. :colbert:

Amphion
Jun 10, 2012

All we know is... he's called The Stig.

Yay Pudding!
Mar 26, 2010

Frrrrrrunkis
Ugh. When I listen to the show, she is only as terrible as my imagination. Reality looks a lot worse. For some reason Jim's groans of disgust with Bobo, Denny, and Di make me happy. You can tell he loathes all of them.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Tom, this is "Mayor's Fun Money." You can use it anywhere.
Ant and Jimmy cracked some pretty good pregnant jokes.

Ant: "Are you with monster?"
Jimmy: "She has a dud in the oven."

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell
Welp, I should be in store for some particularly nasty nightmares tonight...

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

she looks like a ganges river corpse

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
no please make it stop please is she squeezing her tit and why is it up by her chin and help me please i am in hell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Sintax posted:

no please make it stop please is she squeezing her tit and why is it up by her chin and help me please i am in hell

She's lifting it up so Erock can smell under her bub.

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Lovin' the Lady Di internship. Although I got frustrated with the gang during the Game of Thrones actor interview - they were all asking him about spoilers and whether he knows certain things, or how things are kept from being leaked from the set. If only there were a series of long-form transcriptions of the script that had been in circulation for the past two decades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

None of them read anything beyond the occasional biography or Tweets.

Lady Di's internship is hilarious as was Denny O'Falcons fake Irish bar yesterday.

• Locked thread