Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I'm still wondering if that Rodimus panel that was referred to as THE reason is a fakeout, still going to happen or if it was a reference to Scorponok mangling Rodimus back in I think Maximum Dinobots.

Anyone who isn't a big fan of Rodimus should totally go back and read that mini as an aside. It's not Furman's best work creatively, but it's still a really good mini especially for what it is.

strangehamster posted:

What you really want is my 2nd Million Publishing Artfire
What I really want is certain individuals to log on gtalk once in a year!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
cover of windblade #3, sharing because I cannot believe a transformers comic has a cover this drat pretty

also, apparently if you get more than one of the minicon assault team you can do this. I'm waiting for a repaint.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

Rita Repulsa posted:

cover of windblade #3, sharing because I cannot believe a transformers comic has a cover this drat pretty

I have to say that I've not been in the transformer scene for that long, but at first glance it looks like it's Animated Megatron reflected in her eyes. Who is this really supposed to be?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Looks like Starscream.

I really liked the art in the windblade preview in general (not just covers). Let's hope the story is good too.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Rita Repulsa posted:

Please, please tell me this is not an incentive cover. Actually please magically predict they will be selling prints of that at TFCon. That is a fantastic cover. I really like how the reflection at first gives the appearance of the eye and still carries mood with it.

And yeah it's Starscream, they apparently have a rivalry or something?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rita Repulsa posted:

also, apparently if you get more than one of the minicon assault team you can do this. I'm waiting for a repaint.

Poor fat gestalt with his thighs rubbing together like that

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

The Rage posted:

Poor fat gestalt with his thighs rubbing together like that

We're just one recolor and a few more sets away from some kind of Grandus homage.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

Blackheart posted:

Looks like Starscream.

I really liked the art in the windblade preview in general (not just covers). Let's hope the story is good too.

It should be. Same writer that got about half the fandom to flip their opinion on Miko in a single episode.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

SpikeMcclane posted:

It should be. Same writer that got about half the fandom to flip their opinion on Miko in a single episode.
She also wrote Ratchet's best episode, if I recall correctly?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Random comment of the day... just picked my ROTF Lockdown to fiddle with, it's such a cool toy. The rubber hands (well, hand and hook) worry me a bit sometimes but man, he's just so great.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

Blackheart posted:

Random comment of the day... just picked my ROTF Lockdown to fiddle with, it's such a cool toy. The rubber hands (well, hand and hook) worry me a bit sometimes but man, he's just so great.

Get Axor too, instead of a hook they gave him a harpoon-anchor thingie.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
I loving hate Ebay's new Globabl Shipping Program, inflating the shipping cost from the states to oz of two deluxes and a classics voyager to 80 from 40.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Ka0 posted:

Get Axor too, instead of a hook they gave him a harpoon-anchor thingie.

I have him too, in fact I couldn't get Lockdown when he was in stores and had to settle for Axor later, which only made me want Lockdown even more. The "NEST" figures were pretty great all in all.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Other posted:

I loving hate Ebay's new Globabl Shipping Program, inflating the shipping cost from the states to oz of two deluxes and a classics voyager to 80 from 40.

Yeah, the lovely part is that no US seller has control over what eBay charges to ship to you guys. So if I mark a package as free shipping, eBay still takes the US side of the fee from you, and never gives it to me, they just pocket it.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

The Rage posted:

Yeah, the lovely part is that no US seller has control over what eBay charges to ship to you guys. So if I mark a package as free shipping, eBay still takes the US side of the fee from you, and never gives it to me, they just pocket it.

That is shady as gently caress.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I don't know if you know this, but Ebay(and their moustache twirling subsidiary Paypal) is shady as gently caress as a whole and has been for a real long time.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
I do know that, but it doesn't stop me from being freshly agog when they take it to a new level.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Want to go as Optimus Prime for Halloween this year? The new costume is out, and it's the spitting image of everyone's favorite Autobot.

What's that, Optimus Prime doesn't look like an over-detailed Spider-man? Well how about this then?

Perfect.

(Insert joke about lamenting the lack of movie Prime's boob windows)

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Knormal posted:

Want to go as Optimus Prime for Halloween this year? The new costume is out, and it's the spitting image of everyone's favorite Autobot.

PRIME MAN!

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Knormal posted:

What's that, Optimus Prime doesn't look like an over-detailed Spider-man? Well how about this then?

Perfect.

(Insert joke about lamenting the lack of movie Prime's boob windows)

Those flares on the top make it look like her boobs are being groped constantly.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I don't think any Transformers design can be made into the typical store-bought Halloween costume.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Well... maybe Rung.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Cassa posted:

Those flares on the top make it look like her boobs are being groped constantly.

"Looking like you're getting your chest groped with Michael Jackson gloves all night is the right of all sentient babes."

- Prime-Man

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

The Rage posted:

PRIME MAN!
Man its been a long time since I've watched Power Rangers... the putties look crazy now!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Blackheart posted:

Well... maybe Rung.

I feel like adequately articulated eyebrows would be asking a lot.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Rung transforms into a giant mechanical pencil.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

So I completely forgot that I preordered the Masterpiece Optimus Prime Year of the Horse Edition and while I haven't opened it, it really just makes me wish I had the original version.

Why can't you just release the normal color version, Hasbro? :argh:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Year of the Horse Prime just has golden chrome, right? That doesn't seem that ugly to me. The trailer, on the other hand... I dunno. I got the translucent BH Abominus, and it's not bad at all, really. Kind of want the solid color ones, but not enough to do anything about it for a non-Classics toy.

I might just be a weirdo though because I didn't care for MP Sideswipe, but was all over the G2 color version.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Year of the Horse Prime just has golden chrome, right? That doesn't seem that ugly to me. The trailer, on the other hand... I dunno. I got the translucent BH Abominus, and it's not bad at all, really. Kind of want the solid color ones, but not enough to do anything about it for a non-Classics toy.

I might just be a weirdo though because I didn't care for MP Sideswipe, but was all over the G2 color version.

I don't get why it's more expensive than MP10. I paid 138 including tax for my MP10 in Toys R Us. Just saw the Year of the Horse version for 149.99 yesterday.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Yeah, gold chrome, darker colors, and the translucent trailer. The figure itself looks great, and while I would love to have the normal colored version, I am still very glad to have such a great looking MP 10 deco. The trailer, while it would be better as a solid color one, still looks pretty spiffy. I was never very sold on it to begin with, but I really feel that it is much better to have an eh trailer than no trailer.

I do like how the blue axe really blends in while being stored on the trailer though. The repair bay bits are in blue translucent plastic, so they had to an interesting look to the trailer in the end, and the axe fits right in with them.

I guess deciding on if it's worth it depends on if you already got the MP-10 mold. If I already had Optimus, I'd probably skip YOTH and get something else or something. I didn't have MP-10 so getting it for like $130 at TRU was well worth it imo.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
New show announced for 2015. It's a direct sequel to Prime--looks like I might have to finish up the last 2.5 seasons.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-prime-39/new-transformers-cartoon-revealed-first-look-at-bumblebee-179502/

Bumblebee's in charge of the Autobots. Huh.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Captain Magic posted:

New show announced for 2015. It's a direct sequel to Prime--looks like I might have to finish up the last 2.5 seasons.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-prime-39/new-transformers-cartoon-revealed-first-look-at-bumblebee-179502/

Bumblebee's in charge of the Autobots. Huh.

Having a leader who only beeps and boops at you is going to suck.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
That Bumblebee's had a voice for like 2 hours of episodes/movie time now. The only thing I want from this is a grown up Agent Nakadai.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Rage posted:

Having a leader who only beeps and boops at you is going to suck.

His voice was restored towards the end.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

SpikeMcclane posted:

That Bumblebee's had a voice for like 2 hours of episodes/movie time now. The only thing I want from this is a grown up Agent Nakadai.
You fail to mention it was the best possible choice for voice work as well!

Well, maybe there's someone else, but that voice coming out of Bumblebee made me fist pump. It's funny how Prime had such good casting and the bay movies, well, blocks of wood and no no no no no.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Here's hoping the Rescue Bots get to be characters in it.

Edit: Also :rip: beautiful animation.

A Shitty Reporter fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Mar 17, 2014

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I'm a little confused about this series.

I mean for one... a mainline tf series where prime has stayed dead and bee's in charge? Really? and having a sequel to prime two years later with the same continuity when hasbro's been so keen towards getting a new audience is also odd to me.

also:

quote:

Blending 3D characters with hand-painted environments, the series mixes action-packed adventure with lots of comedy, making it a rip-roaring experience for kids and families to enjoy together
But that bee does not look like a model for a 3d character, it's a dynamic 2d model and looks great that way.

And I've been confused ever sense they announced that the new series would be more like rescue bots when reacue bots is going to havea season three so why do they need to make two transformers series that are so much like each other.

I mean, a lot of this is kind of pleasent news, I'm just a little incredulous.

I mean, this sounds like it fixes some of primes biggest issues.(mute bee, prime having to always be there and sufficating in morality, limited backgrounds and characters due to cg, being a little too serious much of the time, sticking too hard to status quo)

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Looks like the Mech Ideas Toon Titans found a new home. $50 is cheaper than BBTS but still more than I want to pay.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Rita Repulsa posted:

I'm a little confused about this series.

I mean for one... a mainline tf series where prime has stayed dead and bee's in charge? Really? and having a sequel to prime two years later with the same continuity when hasbro's been so keen towards getting a new audience is also odd to me.

All they need to do is have Deep Space Nine with Transformers, which is pretty much what The IDW comics are with The Lost Light.

That and I really don't want another transformers series where everyone is again lacking a nose. You just get that weird stay puft face that the TMNT series also suffers from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

The Taint Reaper posted:

stay puft face

Well I'm not unseeing that anytime soon.