Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Ahahahahaha the chat just blew the gently caress up as FChamp lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Yoooo 3-0 get your Phoenix the gently caress off the stage Fchamp

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Man, crowd went wild with Full Schedule destroying Filipino Champ.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

That was the hypest loving thing, dude is a god drat beast.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Watching a top tier C.Viper is one of my favorite things about this game

Full Schedule is legit too, he beat F.Champ at CEO last year and has gotten very noticeably better since then

Nodoze fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Mar 16, 2014

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
AJ looked so hurt that Jan lvl3-ed him at the end there.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

The disrespect in this match on now is amazing.

Chacmool
Apr 12, 2007

Let's go Cloud I wanna see champ cry.

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp
I'm torn between rooting against Zero and against Champ

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

These are some clutch matches.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

I'm sick of Zero May Cry, so go FChamp.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
So apparently Full Schedule has hardware macros on his stick and Neo and Fchamp have cried foul, but FullSchedule has said it was declared legal.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/20j1xd/neo_oh_wow_i_just_found_out_i_lost_to_automatic/

He also said he didn't even use the macros on Neo.

Edit: Apparently macro is inaccurate, and he has simply mapped directions to extra buttons, ala a hitbox stick.

Mr. Wizard has stated that he never said macros were legal, just for clarification. (Because FS name dropped him.)

ToastyPotato fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Mar 16, 2014

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

ToastyPotato posted:

So apparently Full Schedule has hardware macros on his stick and Neo and Fchamp have cried foul, but FullSchedule has said it was declared legal.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/20j1xd/neo_oh_wow_i_just_found_out_i_lost_to_automatic/

He also said he didn't even use the macros on Neo.

Edit: Apparently macro is inaccurate, and he has simply mapped directions to extra buttons, ala a hitbox stick.

Markman and MrWizard are saying the controller isn't legal.

quote:

Joey Cuellar ‏@EvilMrWizard 5m
If this was Evo, he would be disqualified, and ejected from the tournament. No cheaters allowed!

Joey Cuellar ‏@EvilMrWizard 10m
@ShinAkka @MarkMan23 @fullschedulemvc @GoldenBoyNeo @JWonggg @CEOJebailey Apparently he wired the "up" direction with a medium kick button.

Joey Cuellar ‏@EvilMrWizard 13m
I never cleared any stick despite what that dbag says. Hardware macro sticks are illegal at Evo.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
From what I've gathered over twitter: Full Schedule has buttons for up-forward and up-back and claimed that Wizard and Jebailey said it was okay. Wizard tweeted that it was illegal and he would be DQd if this was at Evo. Markman is very against the extra buttons as well.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Here's the stick. He's got 2 extra buttons for up-forward and up-back.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

I totally understand that not being allowed, but I'm having trouble figuring out exactly how it would be useful in a game like Marvel. I guess it would let you up back WHILE doing qcf/qcb/whatever motions?

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
That's pretty funny.

I remember an instance when someone (I think Xian?) was found out to use buttons for plinking or something, I don't recall if anyone was upset about that though.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

FS posted his letter to Mr. Wizard from EVO along with Mr. Wizard declaring it legal. https://twitter.com/fullschedulemvc

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
salty suite
http://www.twitch.tv/sixfortyfive

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

cams posted:

I totally understand that not being allowed, but I'm having trouble figuring out exactly how it would be useful in a game like Marvel. I guess it would let you up back WHILE doing qcf/qcb/whatever motions?

Makes doing TK motions easier.

ToastyPotato posted:

FS posted his letter to Mr. Wizard from EVO along with Mr. Wizard declaring it legal. https://twitter.com/fullschedulemvc

Full Schedule forgot to mention to Wiz that the buttons are for diagonal inputs. That's the illegal part.

pokecapn
Oct 17, 2003

yeah, galo sengen

Parallax Scroll posted:

Full Schedule forgot to mention to Wiz that the buttons are for diagonal inputs. That's the illegal part.
It's pretty clearly laid out in the picture he DMed to Mr. Wizard before Evo 2013: http://sdrv.ms/19YYrHx

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp

Parallax Scroll posted:

If that's the reason than the hitbox should be illegal too. Just Saiyan.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

So, and I am genuinely asking this, are arcade sticks not octo-directional? I was under the impression that if you pressed diagonal back, you were inputting diagonal back.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

getitoffgetitoff posted:

If that's the reason than the hitbox should be illegal too. Just Saiyan.

Hitbox doesn't macro anything. The illegal part (according to Markman) is that two inputs (up and right) are mapped to a single button.

pokecapn posted:

It's pretty clearly laid out in the picture he DMed to Mr. Wizard before Evo 2013: http://sdrv.ms/19YYrHx

That's true, I didn't see that. I wonder if Wiz did.

a shiny rock fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Mar 16, 2014

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp

Parallax Scroll posted:

Hitbox doesn't macro anything. The illegal part (according to Markman) is that two inputs (up and right) are mapped to a single button.

Yeah but if the reason that it's cheating is easier TK inputs - the hitbox gives you that too. Not that I'm saying the hitbox should be banned or anything, I'm just wondering what's so bad about those macro buttons.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

ToastyPotato posted:

So, and I am genuinely asking this, are arcade sticks not octo-directional? I was under the impression that if you pressed diagonal back, you were inputting diagonal back.

Yeah but the way the humans work it's nearly impossible to input a direction+a button at the exact same time like a modded button can. So with this setup if you input 236 and then pressed the button that gives you 9+punch, you would always, 100%, get the lowest tiger knee possible whereas if you do it manually there's always the chance that you'll do it too high for it to work in a certain combo, or maybe you press punch before your stick shifts to 9 and you get the ground version which is unsafe, etc. Also, especially in sticks that are not square gate, it's sometimes difficult to tell whether you hit a diagonal or not, especially in the heat of a match.

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp

AnonSpore posted:

Yeah but the way the humans work it's nearly impossible to input a direction+a button at the exact same time like a modded button can. So with this setup if you input 236 and then pressed the button that gives you 9+punch, you would always, 100%, get the lowest tiger knee possible whereas if you do it manually there's always the chance that you'll do it too high for it to work in a certain combo, or maybe you press punch before your stick shifts to 9 and you get the ground version which is unsafe, etc. Also, especially in sticks that are not square gate, it's sometimes difficult to tell whether you hit a diagonal or not, especially in the heat of a match.

But the macro doesn't give you 9+punch, it just gives you 9. And again, that's something you could do with a hitbox.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
This is equal parts hilarious and sad

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

ToastyPotato posted:

There are 4 switches in an arcade stick for directional input. I'm not actually sure if the consoles are designed to take upforward as a single input or two simultaneous inputs of up and forward. I imagine the latter because I can't think of any real advantage of doing the former.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I have no issue with it. It's no different than a hitbox

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

getitoffgetitoff posted:

But the macro doesn't give you 9+punch, it just gives you 9. And again, that's something you could do with a hitbox.

Welp I'm dumb for not looking at the picture before posting. :downs: But yeah, even that setup would make it much easier to do a tiger knee since you can just piano the inputs. Personally I wouldn't disqualify anyone over it, but...

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Nodoze posted:

I have no issue with it. It's no different than a hitbox

The point is that you have two inputs on a single button and that's against the rules. Hitbox don't do that.

Wiz clearly didn't look at the diagram close enough.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

So if I'm getting this right (as someone who doesn't play marvel or C. Viper) his stick just allows him to plink jump cancel a Seismo really quick? Seems like a weird thing to get upset about unless hitboxes are banned.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
Only in the FGC would one of the organizers of the single biggest tournament call someone a "dbag" for using a controller he explicitly allowed after seeing a diagram of how it would work.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Hahahahaha man MrWizard is getting blown up over twitter about this and backpedaling like mad. As someone who has no personal stake in it it's great. :munch:

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp

argondamn posted:

The point is that you have two inputs on a single button and that's against the rules. Hitbox don't do that.

Wiz clearly didn't look at the diagram close enough.

IDK how do you misinterpret "the directional buttons are in addition to the joystick"

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Wanna push that pink button.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Here's why this is dumb. FullSchedule hasn't won any majors with it right? How many tourneys has he been in with this stick since EVO (or before it)? Didn't he also get beaten multiple times in Curleh Moustache on Friday? I know he had a lot of wins, but I coulda sworn his team ended up in losers and then lost to Cali.

Picture: World's most expensive Q*bert controller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

Wanna push that pink button.

It's the "win EVO" button but MrWizard said it's okay, so go ahead and press it.