Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Pit of Despair posted:

This is a toilet, which is also a hole in the ground.

I'm serious though, someone help me out with this toilet situation, I don't understand what I'm looking at here.

It's a toilet that's in the middle of the room instead of being against the wall because Rall is inept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pit of Despair
Feb 1, 2008

One mother held her baby's face to the floor and chewed off his feet and fingers.

Minrad posted:

It's a toilet that's in the middle of the room instead of being against the wall because Rall is inept.

Now I'm wondering what that's like. Just sitting on a whole on the floor with my legs splayed out in front of me like some kind of baby, just pooping away.

MisterBadIdea
Oct 9, 2012

Anything?

Ha ha ha ha what the gently caress, how are those cops holding those guns? They're holding handguns like they're rifles and their fingers don't even reach the trigger!

Pit of Despair posted:

Now I'm wondering what that's like. Just sitting on a whole on the floor with my legs splayed out in front of me like some kind of baby, just pooping away.

I dunno, that guy's left leg is shooting out in a weird loving direction. That's not splayed, that's broken and/or detached.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Hey, have you been wanting more Ted Rall in your life?

Oh. Well, I already uploaded these cartoons he made for the LA Times, so I might as well post them.

I'M DUMB AND SO GODDAMN CRAZY!!

I feel as if this is a rejected idea from Rall's nationally syndicated cartoons.

I don't want to admit it, but I found this one pretty funny.

Just look at that cop. He's having a blast loving around with that suicidal man.

I assume we're supposed to think that guy's an idiot, because of his shirt.

Someone tell Rall BitCoin isn't a physical coin.

This really is an actual thing some jackass is trying to get on the ballot. I dunno about other states with the initiative system, but in California every two years there is guaranteed to be at least one insane proposition floated that's too mental to get the required signatures, let alone pass. Last year I think it was abolishing divorce. This year the six-states initiative will be joined in the looney bin with an initiative to create pro-discrimination laws even wider than what Arizona proposed, and a measure to assign a state representative to every 5,000 people (if you've ever wondered why you always hear about some nutcase state senator from New Hampshire, it's because they have that exact system. Of course, with CA's population that'd total 7,400 assembly members.)

Also pot. Every election there's an initiative to legalize pot.

My question is: Why is the LA Sheriff's department using iMacs?

So many Putins in this post...

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Pit of Despair posted:

:lol: I just noticed his leg. Scratch my last statement, I have no loving clue. It's just a hole in the ground. What the christ?

e:

Help

Minera fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Mar 16, 2014

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
None of you bat an eye at in-ground pools, but somehow an in-ground toilet is a bridge too far??

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

I'm concerned that Obama's head is expanding.

I'm excited to see what comics come out of Diane Feinstein's statements about NSA spying. Democrats are such pussies that they call rampantly illegal espionage "inappropriate" instead of, you know, criminal activity that should result in court trials.

http://onpoint.wbur.org/2014/03/13/diane-feinstein-nsa-cia-torture-memos

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Something I found, even though it ran about a month ago. "The K Chronicles" is normally drawn by Keith Knight, but Steve Notley, creator of "Bob the Angry Flower", guest drew this strip:

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

From a few pages ago, but I wanted to point out that there are a couple splotches on the white background. It looks like he did try to draw something, then gave up and tried to erase it. So I guess he was too lazy to start over with a clean background.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Schizotek posted:

I think you missed a prime opportunity there friend. Just look at that veiny neck!

Perhaps it is you who missed the opportunity!

(I'm a child sometimes.)

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Post 9-11 User posted:

I'm excited to see what comics come out of Diane Feinstein's statements about NSA spying. Democrats are such pussies that they call rampantly illegal espionage "inappropriate" instead of, you know, criminal activity that should result in court trials.

http://onpoint.wbur.org/2014/03/13/diane-feinstein-nsa-cia-torture-memos

The show in question is about the CIA, not the NSA. They're not the same organizations. Attempts to link the two are spurious.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

El Disco posted:

From a few pages ago, but I wanted to point out that there are a couple splotches on the white background. It looks like he did try to draw something, then gave up and tried to erase it. So I guess he was too lazy to start over with a clean background.

could be .jpg artifacts.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

The Copper Kaiser posted:

One of the (many) things that annoys me about Rall is just how extremely incompetent he is at drawing firearms considering how often he pictures them. I don't expect cartoonists to know too much about guns but why can't he just do himself a favour and learn to draw a simple AK, an M4 and some sort of basic handgun and just draw those three basic designs for the rest of his life? I'm by no means an artist but I think I could manage to teach myself that in about an hour or so.

What struck me about those isn't that because whatever, you can tell it's a gun, it's that he draws people holding them like they're strumming on guitars. He's a 'cartoonist' who can't draw a person holding something.

The Wizard of Oz
Feb 7, 2004

Pit of Despair posted:

This is a toilet, which is also a hole in the ground.

I'm serious though, someone help me out with this toilet situation, I don't understand what I'm looking at here.

Californians are nuts about their East meets West fusion. It makes perfect sense.

And pump-action shotgun/pistol/test tube hybrids are a stroke of genius. You can break every bone in your hands, burn the hell out of your palm, and send thousands of glass shards flying away in every direction at the speed of sound all in one trigger pull, assuming you can reach it.

The Wizard of Oz fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Mar 16, 2014

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Chantilly Say posted:

He's a 'cartoonist' who can't draw.

You could have just said this.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Hey, have you been wanting more Ted Rall in your life?

Oh. Well, I already uploaded these cartoons he made for the LA Times, so I might as well post them.

I'M DUMB AND SO GODDAMN CRAZY!!

As bad as Rall's Obama caricature is, it's got nothing on his caricature of a gun. Like holy poo poo, has he ever seen a gun in his life? Like even just a picture of one?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

DoctorStrangelove posted:

As bad as Rall's Obama caricature is, it's got nothing on his caricature of a gun. Like holy poo poo, has he ever seen a gun in his life? Like even just a picture of one?

It's not that Rall doesn't know, it's that Rall's too cool to know.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
corn in the bible, don't tell anyone. Let's make a thread game of trying to guess who this is!

...Jeez. Sandra Fluke?...Jim Carrey?

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Wow, that Rachel Maddow is almost Ramirez-like in it's uncloseness to the target...

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Isaiah is on team Edward.

MisterBadIdea
Oct 9, 2012

Anything?
Recently, someone explored the archives of The World Today Just Nuts, and revealed that its creator is a hardcore feminist (if that's even the right word. "Female chauvinist" maybe?) who opposes Barack solely out of loyalty to Hillary, and also liked Palin a lot.

I feel that that bit of info doesn't really jibe with this most recent cartoon.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

It's not that Rall doesn't know, it's that Rall's too cool to know.

It's that he's got a unique style. Impossible to copy. Just like Charles Schulz.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Wow, all the way back to the swift boating? Muir is dedicated to hating Democrats.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Am I reading this correctly? Is this actually taking the CIA's side here?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

Am I reading this correctly? Is this actually taking the CIA's side here?

I believe it's taking the stance of "Everything is poo poo, burn down the government"

Unless I'm missing an actual metaphor and that isn't just a generic "Obama is a king and a dictator and a communist!!!"

MisterBadIdea
Oct 9, 2012

Anything?
John Kerry's final tour of duty, where he earned his medals, lasted only four months, but he served four tours between 1966 and 1970.

This is four more years than Chris Muir ever served in a war zone.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Minrad posted:

Unless I'm missing an actual metaphor and that isn't just a generic "Obama is a king and a dictator and a communist!!!"

Nope, tha'ts it. Ted Cruz did the same thing recently, attacking this as standard "Obama politics".

Except for the fact that it happened under Bush...

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Captain_Maclaine posted:

You could have just said this.

I've seen Rall speak. He frequently talks about how cartooning is awesome because you don't need to know how to draw. Just have a good idea, and that's good enough. He cited stuff like "Dilbert" as an example of a popular comic strip done by somebody who can't draw.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

MisterBadIdea posted:

John Kerry's final tour of duty, where he earned his medals, lasted only four months, but he served four tours between 1966 and 1970.

This is four more years than Chris Muir ever served in a war zone.
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS until they start doing stuff we don't agree with.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

So, uh, crocodiles understand human-speak? :stare:

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Rorus Raz posted:

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS until they start doing stuff we don't agree with.

Then they become self obsessed harpies that enjoy their spouses deaths! Why do you hate america?! :frogout:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I'm not following you at all, duck.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

You already did a thing about the crocodile climb a tree. Maybe you should lay off the sauce, ducky.

Stop talking about political bullshit in front of your children you weirdo fucks.

Also why has Muir been harping about the vox.com poo poo lately? The gently caress even is it? The gently caress does anybody care?

Darkman Fanpage fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Mar 16, 2014

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Whenever Tinsley hears about something unusual on the news, be it bacon deodorant or crocodiles in trees, he just can't stop talking about it for months. He probably talks about that stuff constantly with family/friends too.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
Crocodiles Climbing Trees is tinsley's cicada

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

I don't think I've ever seen anyone misunderstand the "eat your vegetables" metaphor as thoroughly as Muir.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

tacodaemon posted:

I don't think I've ever seen anyone misunderstand the "eat your vegetables" metaphor as thoroughly as Muir.

What you mean it's not about purchasing vegetables at your local farmer's market? :confused:

• Locked thread