Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrTpug
Feb 16, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

I know they were all made years ago but I really wish someone could take Ric Flair aside and explain what a discussion Roundtable is and that other humans can say things without you needing to interrupt and say you are smarter than them. It grates a bit.

I have to agree with you...Ric wants the roundtable to be the LET'S TALK TO RIC FLAIR SHOW...but still it's one of the best things on the network..that and the Bruno Sammartino matches, I'm actually starting to understand why my great grandma used to yell at the TV and throw Whiskey at it when he wouldn't win (apparently she and I are the only wrestling fans in the clan)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

It is interesting that according to Tazz and Flair neither side knew the Shane on Nitro was happening.

E: Haha I had never seen the Oklahoma stuff, the clip shows that they did it during a pre-strap-match brawl between Vampiro and the Wall. that's what we call a double negative.

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Mar 16, 2014

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Don't worry too much about Flair. He's only in two of the 33 episodes and you've already seen them both.

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
Just watched the Raw Roundtable. I'm glad they are making new ones, the ones I had seen were a couple years old.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

gypsyshred posted:

Just watched the Raw Roundtable. I'm glad they are making new ones, the ones I had seen were a couple years old.

That one was done in 2012. It was one of the last ones.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I want to play the WCW PPV Drinking Game. The game goes like this: You start drinking when a terirble thing happens. You stop drinking when the show stops being awful.

What PPV should I watch tonight?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Literally The Worst posted:

I want to play the WCW PPV Drinking Game. The game goes like this: You start drinking when a terirble thing happens. You stop drinking when the show stops being awful.

Great American Bash 2000

gypsyshred posted:

Really? Pat had a Legends House polo, I assumed that was filmed recently.

That one's been in the can since about that time too if not before

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006

Deadpool posted:

That one was done in 2012. It was one of the last ones.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

gypsyshred posted:

Also filmed in 2012! The Network has been an idea for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Here lies Literally The Worst, attempting to drink more liquor than humanly possible. He's drinking with Andre in heaven now.

MrTpug
Feb 16, 2011

Unless you want to die, watch SuperBrawl II...there are great matches and poo poop all there...but not enough to kill you

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

You should watch WCW Uncensored 1995, where all the matches are gimmicks, none of them make sense, and very few follow their own rules! Featuring such highlights as a match on a moving trailer that got everybody fired, Arn Anderson MMA, and the worst ending ever!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Which show had the Junkyard Brawl?

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS

I just watched Bash at the Beach 2000. How attached are you to your liver?

e - Well... "watched" isn't exactly accurate. Midway through, I gave up and skipped to Russo's worked-shoot-but-kinda-actually-shoot meltdown. Which is just a wonderful pile of awkward.

CaligulaKangaroo fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Mar 16, 2014

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
How come they haven't put any of their documentaries up on the Network yet? The nWo Beyond The Ring has me wanting to watch Rise and Fall of WCW, but I can't (I mean, until I turn off the Network and turn on Netflix, but that's sort of the point).

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I am willing to bet that everything that is a documentary that has been out in the last 5-6 years is going to be gradually released as a Beyond the Ring. So far there are 0 ones that aren't already out.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Have you seen Rise and Fall of WCW? Because you really shouldn't want to watch that ever.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Hockles posted:

I am willing to bet that everything that is a documentary that has been out in the last 5-6 years is going to be gradually released as a Beyond the Ring. So far there are 0 ones that aren't already out.

Yeah this is exactly it - next week we're getting the new Foley one so that's cool.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

elf help book posted:

Have you seen Rise and Fall of WCW? Because you really shouldn't want to watch that ever.
I liked it!

The interview where Jericho just can't get over how cheap WCW sold for and goes "if I'd known that was the price, I would have bought it!" is worth the price of admission all by itself.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I haven't watched many older WWE PPVs on the Network yet, but I know from previous viewing of 90s-era PPVs that every match felt like it had a reason. Watching Royal Rumble 99 with some casual-fan friends, each match had a video package before it; when the match started, everyone knew who was involved, why they were involved and had a favorite. I wish they would still do video packages for every match on a PPV, even if it's a minute-long video. It really adds so much to the experience.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Willninho posted:

The Desert Storm match on the June 1991 MSG show might be my favorite Hogan match of all time and also the most American match.

I was watching some of that show earlier as it was the very first house show I've ever been to. A great highlight is Duggan vs. Mustafa where you can audibly hear Duggan calling him a son of a bitch right before reversing a clothesline.

The Heenan commentary is wonderful on these old MSG shows. Especially here, where they play up one of my favorite late-80's/early-90's WWF trope of how all the managers act like they get along but secretly hate each other.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The Old School shows are my favorite part of the Network so far and more than worth the full price for six months.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I like watching these old WCW PPVs because it reminds me just how bad the product can get and how we don't really have it that bad.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Watching the entrances countdown at the moment, and I just have to ask... what on earth was the context for Michael Cole doing the HHH entrance? :stare:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

OH NO MAN posted:

Watching the entrances countdown at the moment, and I just have to ask... what on earth was the context for Michael Cole doing the HHH entrance? :stare:

It was when Cole was in Super Heel Mode and bragging about his Mania streak and HHH came out to smack him down by booking him in a match for the next segment. He told Cole not to worry, he had gear for him to use. Cue Cole coming out to TIME TO PLAY THE GAAAAAAAME next segment.

The best part is, it was a mystery opponent, and I distinctly remember watching it and thinking "Man, I hope it's loving Zack Ryder in a five second squash" and as soon as I finish thinking it Oh Radio blasts and I start laughing hysterically.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Luigi Thirty posted:

I like watching these old WCW PPVs because it reminds me just how bad the product can get and how we don't really have it that bad.

Well, unless you're a TNA watcher that is.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

It was when Cole was in Super Heel Mode and bragging about his Mania streak and HHH came out to smack him down by booking him in a match for the next segment. He told Cole not to worry, he had gear for him to use. Cue Cole coming out to TIME TO PLAY THE GAAAAAAAME next segment.

The best part is, it was a mystery opponent, and I distinctly remember watching it and thinking "Man, I hope it's loving Zack Ryder in a five second squash" and as soon as I finish thinking it Oh Radio blasts and I start laughing hysterically.

That sounds amazing. I haven't actively watched wrestling in years and haven't even seen any PPVs since Mania 28, so I've missed some great stuff (and a lot of crap) and I'm looking forward to catching up with some of that now that I have the Network.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
I still think they left money on the table by not doing Rudo Cole shirts before everybody got tired of that phase.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

I know they were all made years ago but I really wish someone could take Ric Flair aside and explain what a discussion Roundtable is and that other humans can say things without you needing to interrupt and say you are smarter than them. It grates a bit.

I'm watching the Important Moments episode right now and yikes, it seems like Flair is constantly a half a breath away from calling Foley and Tazz marks.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

hahahahahahahah Important Moments in Wrestling: "One time I got paid really well" - Ric Flair

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
What was the ppv that had the Umaga vs John Cena last man standing match that was really good?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

KungFu Grip posted:

What was the ppv that had the Umaga vs John Cena last man standing match that was really good?

Royal Rumble 2007

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

elf help book posted:

I'm watching the Important Moments episode right now and yikes, it seems like Flair is constantly a half a breath away from calling Foley and Tazz marks.

Well, it's not a huge secret that Mick hates Flair's guts. Like the story of Ric telling Mick that he's going to end up in a wheelchair by the time he's 30, when he was 29.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

elf help book posted:

hahahahahahahah Important Moments in Wrestling: "One time I got paid really well" - Ric Flair

There was also his other two important moments of "One time I asked a bunch of teenagers to sleep with me" and "One time a state trooper slept with me". Pee pee doo doo he is a bad panelist.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Flair did make a very good point saying wrestling depends on the wrestlers trusting each other, and then more importantly trusting the announcers because the announcers making GBS threads on something means the wrestlers are nothing. This speaks volumes for WWE nowadays.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Any time someone on Legends of Wrestling says something negative about how things are run without naming WCW or ECW I automatically assume it's a dig on WWE or current wrestlers working for WWE. Jim Ross does it constantly.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

DeathChicken posted:

Flair did make a very good point saying wrestling depends on the wrestlers trusting each other, and then more importantly trusting the announcers because the announcers making GBS threads on something means the wrestlers are nothing. This speaks volumes for WWE nowadays.

It was pretty stunning how he talked about that, and then talked about the WCW Oklahoma thing where the announcers were so caught up in their terrible joke that they had absolutely no clue what was going on in the ring or who was even in there.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

A drunk at a bar once told me "he felt crazy" and asked me if I ever felt crazy, then he told me a story about a time when he met Ric Flair at a nearby telephone booth and Flair told him to gently caress off. He also said Andre the Giant had to poo poo in bath tubs.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

DeathChicken posted:

I wish someone would tell this to current announcers, particularly JBL when he's trashing Christian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"

The Grey posted:

I wish someone would tell this to current announcers, particularly JBL when he's trashing Christian.

As far as I know that's just Vince McMahon telling JBL what to say. Like every other announcer, he's a lot more intolerable with McMahon screeching in his ear.