Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Inspector_666 posted:

Kogake lets you light people on fire/electrocute/freeze/poison (and all combos thereof) with your fists and it therefore the best.
Negative. Furax is the best because it does all that but is also Hulk Hands with giant bolts in the knuckles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
Hey Kaldaris, got any ideas? https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/195616-new-a-call-for-comics-contest/?p=2273488#entry2273488

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes

Panic Attack posted:

Oh yeah- at the moment i'm using Mag. Pull is godly and I can clear a good half of a wave in defense with the right positioning, but every other ability seems to be a bit... well, totally worthless compared to a 25 cost map-ranged nuke/pull/stun. But this is early days, so what skills are going to come in handy later? Is the shield boost/drain thing good to focus on later? Crush seems kind of rubbish even with upgrades and the bullet magnet thing seems pretty bad.
tldr: Keep spamming pull or will I need to use other abilities at some point?

Bullet attractor also buffs your damage to things in it by 200%

PSN ID(PS4): Steamshovel_Dan WiiU: Steamshovel (not playing it ATM)

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Crap, they fixed the bug that let you crouch while you were wall-climbing to let you climb infinitely (or until the ceiling). Now I can't get to nearly as many interesting places!

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
That makes Excalibur's Super Jump a bit more handy. But I think more people just use Zephyr or Nyx and don't care about obstacles.

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

necrobobsledder posted:

That makes Excalibur's Super Jump a bit more handy. But I think more people just use Zephyr or Nyx and don't care about obstacles.

How does Nyx help with that?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Zephyr is definitely my new favorite frame even though her ult seems to stick everything to the ceiling sometimes. I'm glad someone mentioned equipping heavy impact as it actualy turns divebomb into a useful skill, its so fun on a big open map to fly above a bunch of enemies and crash down into them.

I'm abseloutely sick of using rhino though, although he was my second frame but I managed to get him as soon as he got nerfed to poo poo. I'd rather fly around the map like a mad rear end in a top hat making tornados everywhere!

Panic Attack
Oct 29, 2012

Float like a bulldozer
Trying to catch a butterfly

Washin Tong posted:

Doesn't Nyx have a teleport?

Edit: Nope, that's Nova, my bad.

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010

smelly cabin filter posted:

Zephyr is definitely my new favorite frame even though her ult seems to stick everything to the ceiling sometimes. I'm glad someone mentioned equipping heavy impact as it actualy turns divebomb into a useful skill, its so fun on a big open map to fly above a bunch of enemies and crash down into them.

I'm abseloutely sick of using rhino though, although he was my second frame but I managed to get him as soon as he got nerfed to poo poo. I'd rather fly around the map like a mad rear end in a top hat making tornados everywhere!

I'm not exactly fond of getting nearly oneshotted cause someone's cyclone decides to come a little too close while I'm using an ogris. Plus the drat things shoot loot all over the place.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"

hooah posted:

Crap, they fixed the bug that let you crouch while you were wall-climbing to let you climb infinitely (or until the ceiling). Now I can't get to nearly as many interesting places!

No they didn't? It's probably better to not talk about anyways, but it definitely still works.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

AndroidHub posted:

No they didn't? It's probably better to not talk about anyways, but it definitely still works.

Hm. Couldn't do it in the dojo anymore. At least, not on the buttress-like things.

Panic Attack
Oct 29, 2012

Float like a bulldozer

AndroidHub posted:

I can confirm it's still working. Wait, no it isn't. wink wink nudge nudge

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

hooah posted:

Hm. Couldn't do it in the dojo anymore. At least, not on the buttress-like things.

Do you have crouch set to toggle? You might need to push it twice to reset your wallrun in that case.

Panic Attack
Oct 29, 2012

Float like a bulldozer

hooah posted:

I only tested it in the dojo, and bear in mind this is the first time i've actually tried it. I did it on the big pillars in the central room.

Big Floppy
Apr 30, 2006

hooah posted:

PS4 still has crouch wall run working. :colbert: Only good thing about getting patches late is we still can keep the nice bugs.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
The infinite vertical run thing was something they put in intentionally. It's not a bug.

Well, maybe it not being limited by stamina is a bug, but whatever. They'll realize stamina's a stupid system someday.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Denzine posted:

The infinite vertical run thing was something they put in intentionally. It's not a bug.

Well, maybe it not being limited by stamina is a bug, but whatever. They'll realize stamina's a stupid system someday.

Yeah there are actually a couple secret rooms in the Orokin Void/Derelicts that are only reachable via infinite vertical running.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"

Shugojin posted:

Yeah there are actually a couple secret rooms in the Orokin Void/Derelicts that are only reachable via infinite vertical running.

I always figured those were for loki/nova/etc. But it's nice to know it's something that's intentional.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Shugojin posted:

Oh god. I remember trying to get to the tower of power secret room by flipping between the wall and column. Ten+ minutes of swearing.

The wallclimb crouch reset has been making getting around so much nicer ever since I found out about it. I don't even take some elevators anymore.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

QQmore posted:

I'm not exactly fond of getting nearly oneshotted cause someone's cyclone decides to come a little too close while I'm using an ogris. Plus the drat things shoot loot all over the place.

If you didnt want to blow yourself up you wouldnt be using an ogris :colbert:

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Shugojin posted:

I've found no rooms like that in my 500h+ of playing. Got pictures / videos?

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes
WTF? Is the game broken or some poo poo on PS4? I did a tower II capture and got nothing prime, just a tower III capture key. I also did Phorid 3 times in a row on Pluto and got no Nyx parts, and neither did the people with me.

PSN ID(PS4): Steamshovel_Dan WiiU: Steamshovel (not playing it ATM)

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Golgozor posted:

WTF? Is the game broken or some poo poo on PS4? I did a tower II capture and got nothing prime, just a tower III capture key. I also did Phorid 3 times in a row on Pluto and got no Nyx parts, and neither did the people with me.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Also the fact that where, yes indeed, that DE's RNG was broken to loving hell and back at some point.

EDIT:REPLYISNOTQUOTE

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost

Washin Tong posted:

Brainfart, meant Nova as above. Some might argue for Loki switch teleporting in the same vein I guess as well.

Panic Attack
Oct 29, 2012

Float like a bulldozer
Cheers to everyone who gave Mag advice, ended up getting carried through some Void stuff and the 2 managed to keep me relevant even at 40 mins+. Pretty beastly skill!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

endlessmonotony posted:

I've found no rooms like that in my 500h+ of playing. Got pictures / videos?

Nevermind, you can get it with Nova's teleporting.

Also I have never ever found a box mod up there so I'm not sure it's even worth the trip but :v:

e: I don't have any video recording software installed anymore since I built a new computer. Maybe someday.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Golgozor posted:

For a brief, glorious time between patches, DE included keys of the next level up in the drop tables for Void missions. They were quickly patched out due to player complaints, but there was one important advantage to this setup.

T3 Void captures give you a 25,000 credit reward bonus.
T3 Void captures can be rushed VERY easily.
If you have a party of 4, and repeatedly run T3 Void captures, you are getting back 4 keys fairly frequently.

Become space rich while you still can.

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009
Is there worthwhile stuff in the void secret rooms? I've never bothered looking before, so I don't know.

Also I got a Jat Kittag earlier today, and leveled it up enough to get both a fury and reflex coil mod in it.
I'm not sure I'll be able to go back to my old life.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Buried alive posted:

Is there worthwhile stuff in the void secret rooms? I've never bothered looking before, so I don't know.

Also I got a Jat Kittag earlier today, and leveled it up enough to get both a fury and reflex coil mod in it.
I'm not sure I'll be able to go back to my old life.

If a mod drops from one of the storage containers in the Void or a Derelict, then it can be anything obtainable. A couple are only obtainable this way and they're pretty good.

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010

ElegantFugue posted:

For a brief, glorious time between patches, DE included keys of the next level up in the drop tables for Void missions. They were quickly patched out due to player complaints, but there was one important advantage to this setup.

T3 Void captures give you a 25,000 credit reward bonus.
T3 Void captures can be rushed VERY easily.
If you have a party of 4, and repeatedly run T3 Void captures, you are getting back 4 keys fairly frequently.

Become space rich while you still can.

This was a severe pain in the rear end when you were trying to get a specific part or bp because the rng LOVED to give you a key for the same mission you were in. Then again I'm at the point in the game where credits are drat near meaningless :colbert:

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor
There is always the other method of obtaining 1 million in credits -> max serration -> ~250p -> buy what you want with plat.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
What's the point of ranking up mods that have one specific effect, like "Regen" for Sentinels? If it's going to revive once, what would I get for ranking the card up?

Also, should I keep the ability cards for other frames? Since every frame gets its own set automatically, I don't think they are of any value, but I've been holding onto ability cards for a few frames for a long time now I'm afraid to simply sell them :ohdear:

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Szurumbur posted:

What's the point of ranking up mods that have one specific effect, like "Regen" for Sentinels? If it's going to revive once, what would I get for ranking the card up?

It'll revive with more health.

Optiquest
Feb 8, 2004

Aenslaed posted:

There is always the other method of obtaining 1 million in credits -> max serration -> ~250p -> buy what you want with plat.

How do you max out a serration for less than a million?

Cascade Failure
Jan 8, 2010

Optiquest posted:

How do you max out a serration for less than a million?

Waste a legendary core to max one? I'm pretty sure Aenslaed was talking about grinding the credits & maxing a serration to sell for plat as an alternative to grinding for specific poo poo since mods & void drops can now be traded.

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

I am sorry for this truly i am
http://a.pomf.se/wcfafp.swf

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Last time i checked a Legendary core sells for more than a maxed serration.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

I suppose that was a bit obvious, wasn't it :downs:? Still, I wouldn't begrudge a decision to add simple notes on cards, like "The higher the rank, the longer the effect/higher the HP after reviving/etc." Oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Szurumbur posted:

Also, should I keep the ability cards for other frames? Since every frame gets its own set automatically, I don't think they are of any value, but I've been holding onto ability cards for a few frames for a long time now I'm afraid to simply sell them :ohdear:

You can use those extra ability cards to rank up other abilities, since fusing tow mods of the same polarity is still better than two completely dissimilar mods.