Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Just get a job Benny. Any job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
To be fair, getting a job in this day and age is incredibly hard. I seriously doubt he can just wave his arms and make a job appear out of thin air. He might be a lying scum bag, but unless he has an in, he's probably not going to get a job.

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD
Benny why don't you know what words mean did you honestly go to school for some kind of English degree?

I know nitpicking your posts is lame but it's like you don't have a grasp of basic English. When someone asked you if English was your second language and you said no was that one of your lies?

Turtlicious posted:

To be fair, getting a job in this day and age is incredibly hard. I seriously doubt he can just wave his arms and make a job appear out of thin air. He might be a lying scum bag, but unless he has an in, he's probably not going to get a job.

Well yeah except he has gotten several jobs he just keeps getting fired. No sarcasm you should really read this entire thread. Or at least Benny's posts. He isn't quite as alien as Ulillillia but Benny really is an interesting person, I don't think his brain works the same way most of ours do. That's why I don't care what he posts about as long as he posts.

Queen Elizatits fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Mar 16, 2014

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Benny the Snake posted:

The TD incident made me come to terms for the umpteenth time about my habitual lying. The last time was after I was fired from Target, and I swore to myself that this wouldn't happen again and that I wouldn't lie when I was caught doing something wrong. I just hope this time I can finally kick the habit. If I expect to find work and keep it, I have to squash this habit now.

Lying to yourself about coming to terms with your lying habit? This rabbit hole goes deep...

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

Turtlicious posted:

hello, this is not true. is this what you tell yourself? he might not be able to get the job he wants, but he can get A job. he has a college degree, which SHOULD move him closer to the top of the list for lame jobs.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Queen Elizatits posted:

Well yeah except he has gotten several jobs he just keeps getting fired. No sarcasm you should really read this entire thread. Or at least Benny's posts. He isn't quite as alien as Ulillillia but Benny really is an interesting person, I don't think his brain works the same way most of ours do. That's why I don't care what he posts about as long as he posts.
Ok, I just know it's going to take forever to work through it, also most of it will probably be bullshit. He probably never got a job to begin with.

crabrock posted:

hello, this is not true. is this what you tell yourself? he might not be able to get the job he wants, but he can get A job. he has a college degree, which SHOULD move him closer to the top of the list for lame jobs.
It also depends on the area, are you saying he can wave his arms and make it appear out of thin air?

I'm not going to defend him anymore though until I read the thread, or at least all of Benny's Posts.

E: Benny does not have a BA in English, he can barely spell.

E2: So many of you people were/are trying to actively help him in ways that are heartwarming. Jesus Christ.

E3: Someone offered you a job as a freelance journalist.

E4: Got a job at target, but is doing everything he can to lose it.

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Mar 16, 2014

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

Turtlicious posted:

I don't usually jump in on the "Just get a job, you hippy" side of things, but it's patently obvious that he's got jobs available to him, seeing as he's landed at least 3 of them and (ostensibly) had interviews to several more. Unless he was lying about those too. So it's not the usual "there are no jobs" thing, it's "Benny's a lying scum bag and that, at least in part, is why he can't hold down a job".

lexan
Apr 24, 2004

Someday I'll be a big producer on Broadway, and you'll be singin' your opera in the street with a tin cup in your hand!

Queen Elizatits posted:

He isn't quite as alien as Ulillillia but Benny really is an interesting person,

I'd like to point out that Ulillillia just got a second job this week.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Benny, how old are you? I ask this totally without malice, because when I was 18-19, I had a huge problem with "expanding the truth", which was mostly born out of low self-esteem. I thought people wouldn't be impressed by me as I was, and that terrified the poo poo out of me. I also did it to dodge consequences, which never worked but that didn't stop me from trying.

Hell, if you want a blinding example of it, check the 1 month probation on my rapsheet. I'd just been dumped, so I went on an internet forum and invented this huge histrionic story painting my ex as THE WORST BITCH EVER and painting me as SUCH A COOL BADASS YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW BRO. Everybody immediately knew it was fake, and laughed me out of town, and I got slapped with the probation I absolutely deserved.

I've come to realise that making poo poo up always gets me into more trouble than it gets me out of. Being more honest and open with people has been a huge boon to my life. I'm doing way better now than I was 4 years ago. Lying can delay consequences, but when they eventually come around, they come around twice as hard.

From a guy who has been there: tell the loving truth. If you ever find yourself telling a lie, stop and say "no, actually, that's a lie," then own up. It's mildly unpleasant in the short-term, but in the long run it will improve your quality of life immeasurably.

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

lexan posted:

I'd like to point out that Ulillillia just got a second job this week.

That is actually really cool, I'm happy for him last I heard he was running out of money to buy pants. Was this the job at his apartment complex he couldn't take originally because of his sleep cycle?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Queen Elizatits posted:

Benny why don't you know what words mean did you honestly go to school for some kind of English degree?

I know nitpicking your posts is lame but it's like you don't have a grasp of basic English. When someone asked you if English was your second language and you said no was that one of your lies?

I am pretty sure Benny's Spanish is significantly worse than his English.

blackmet
Aug 5, 2006

I believe there is a universal Truth to the process of doing things right (Not that I have any idea what that actually means).

Lolie posted:

No *healthy* woman wants a guy who has nothing to offer. Unfortunately, there's a subset of women who are "rescuers" who always seem to find "fixer-upper" guys with whom to have extremely hosed up relationships. Dysfunctional people are often surprisingly good at finding other dysfunctional people with whom to live dysfunctional lives.

Even the woman that wants a fixer-upper can do better.

Most fixer-uppers tend to be fun, at least occasionally. Benny doesn't even seem to be that...we never hear about him going out with friends or seeing concerts or hitting a bar or spending time outdoors or doing anything remotely non-depressing.

Chaos is more fun to fix than inertia.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

blackmet posted:

Even the woman that wants a fixer-upper can do better.

Most fixer-uppers tend to be fun, at least occasionally. Benny doesn't even seem to be that...we never hear about him going out with friends or seeing concerts or hitting a bar or spending time outdoors or doing anything remotely non-depressing.

Chaos is more fun to fix than inertia.

In my admittedly limited experience, the horribly broken men being dated by women trying to fix them have some sort of other redeeming quality like a huge dick, a pretty face or whatever. Nobody actually takes on a fat, nerdy mommas boy like Benny.

in_cahoots
Sep 12, 2011

Ursine Asylum posted:

I don't usually jump in on the "Just get a job, you hippy" side of things, but it's patently obvious that he's got jobs available to him, seeing as he's landed at least 3 of them and (ostensibly) had interviews to several more. Unless he was lying about those too. So it's not the usual "there are no jobs" thing, it's "Benny's a lying scum bag and that, at least in part, is why he can't hold down a job".

This is what I don't understand. There were entire months where he didn't get interviews, and now it seems like he's getting 1 per week, under circumstances that never seem to follow SOP.

I can buy no retail store giving an interview to a 24-year-old college graduate with no job history, terrible grammar, and a tendency to lie. But once you get to the interview stage finding a job really isn't that hard. And if he's getting so many interviews now, what's changed in the past six months?

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I
Benny never went to therapy and never even got meds -- he definitely didn't get 500 trial pills for some psycho meds. He was just saying poo poo to get people off his back. Hence why he doesn't answer questions about either.

Fugue Stater
Oct 17, 2012

laplace posted:

Benny never went to therapy and never even got meds -- he definitely didn't get 500 trial pills for some psycho meds. He was just saying poo poo to get people off his back. Hence why he doesn't answer questions about either.

If we start playing the guessing game of which basic facts Benny has been lying or telling the truth about, this whole thread will get completely bogged down in Usual Suspects Kaizer Soze poo poo.

I'll get the popcorn.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Fugue Stater posted:

If we start playing the guessing game of which basic facts Benny has been lying or telling the truth about, this whole thread will get completely bogged down in Usual Suspects Kaizer Soze poo poo.

I'll get the popcorn.

What if Benny is a girl!? :aaaaa:

4th Asclepiadean
Feb 18, 2012

laplace posted:

Yeah, this whole thing has got to be one big con.

I mean, he never likes to talk about how his therapy is proceeding. He steadfastly denies when people say that outside of the thread, he's focused on getting laid. He never answered why he lied about how many people proofread his previous Thunderdome story. And most damning of all, when people bring up various opportunities for him, he does not respond to those.

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS
Ok, so now I really want to know. How is Benny going about getting laid? Is he still going to that bar where he's "learning about life"? Using data sites? Like, what methods are you deploying, Benny the Snake?

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

Uncle Salty posted:

Ok, so now I really want to know. How is Benny going about getting laid? Is he still going to that bar where he's "learning about life"? Using data sites? Like, what methods are you deploying, Benny the Snake?

He is studying Hentai very closely.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

I thought people wouldn't be impressed by me as I was

I've always been impressed by you as you are.

:corrupt:

lexan
Apr 24, 2004

Someday I'll be a big producer on Broadway, and you'll be singin' your opera in the street with a tin cup in your hand!

Queen Elizatits posted:

That is actually really cool, I'm happy for him last I heard he was running out of money to buy pants. Was this the job at his apartment complex he couldn't take originally because of his sleep cycle?

Not quite but similar. The company that owns his building, where he works as a caretaker, offered him a temporary gig picking up trash at some of their other buildings, I guess because of the spring thaw. So he should be able to earn enough to get a new hard drive.

Also, he does get paid for his writing.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Benny your lying is out of hand.

You must now provide photographic proof of all claims.

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax
Benny, be honest...

1) Are you currently seeing a therapist?

2) Are you still in contact with the unemployment office?

Krotera
Jun 16, 2013

I AM INTO MATHEMATICAL CALCULATIONS AND MANY METHODS USED IN THE STOCK MARKET
If Benny hasn't been lying this entire time, the chronic disbelief of his fans and supporters is sure to convince him what a bad idea lying is.

I'm saying deny everything.

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue
The best liars stick as close to the truth as possible so that they can keep the cray cray straight under questioning.

Benny probably did go to Sears. He asked for an application, was told to fill one out online, bought a lightbulb, and left. Benny probably did go to Olive Garden. For lunch. Benny probably did go to some sort of job fair. And walked around in circles, looking at all the booths and doing nothing.

Benny probably did get an English degree. But not with a 3.0 GPA. Probably the minimum for passing. A 2.0, maybe? Or maybe he never finished the degree, but did indeed major in English.

He probably did see a therapist. Once. He probably did get pills. A one-week sample pack.

And on and on and on.

Whatever he says, strip it to the minimum plausible context, extrapolate a little using a unique "Benny Factor", and you will be closer to the truth than when you started.

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

:tastykake:||||||||||:tastykake:

Croc Monster posted:

The best liars stick as close to the truth as possible so that they can keep the cray cray straight under questioning.

Benny probably did go to Sears. He asked for an application, was told to fill one out online, bought a lightbulb, and left. Benny probably did go to Olive Garden. For lunch. Benny probably did go to some sort of job fair. And walked around in circles, looking at all the booths and doing nothing.

Benny probably did get an English degree. But not with a 3.0 GPA. Probably the minimum for passing. A 2.0, maybe? Or maybe he never finished the degree, but did indeed major in English.

He probably did see a therapist. Once. He probably did get pills. A one-week sample pack.

And on and on and on.

Whatever he says, strip it to the minimum plausible context, extrapolate a little using a unique "Benny Factor", and you will be closer to the truth than when you started.

This is probably what has been happening. This whole thread is a mixed of lies, stretched truths, and bullshit. Sounds like Benny is just lazy and does justtt enough to get people off his back.

Krotera
Jun 16, 2013

I AM INTO MATHEMATICAL CALCULATIONS AND MANY METHODS USED IN THE STOCK MARKET

Croc Monster posted:

And on and on and on.

Yeah, I'm not sure I'd leap to those assumptions right off the cuff but if any of them actually turned out to be the case I wouldn't be surprised at all. I mean, if the way he acts offline is anything like the way he acts in the Thunderdome thread, those all seem to follow pretty naturally.

He's almost certainly been lying his rear end off about smaller and less specific things though (I really did apply to [x] jobs today!), and probably about a couple more specific things too. (I hit the boss' wife with a tray but don't worry, she was cool with it!)

Cool Web Paige
Nov 19, 2006

Croc Monster posted:

And on and on and on.

I know a fellow who reminds me of Benny, he for some reason consciously or subconsciously sabotages himself at every turn.

Job interview? Arrive late because he slept in or miscalculated the travel time etc. Forget important paperwork, ID cards whatever. Show up looking like a disheveled homeless man reeking of B.O.
Because his shower and washing machine broke at the same time.

Every time there was some excuse as to why he couldn't land even the most menial of jobs at that kind of place where the only real requirement was not being a total gently caress up.

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue

vxskud posted:

I know a fellow who reminds me of Benny, he for some reason consciously or subconsciously sabotages himself at every turn.

Job interview? Arrive late because he slept in or miscalculated the travel time etc. Forget important paperwork, ID cards whatever. Show up looking like a disheveled homeless man reeking of B.O.
Because his shower and washing machine broke at the same time.

Every time there was some excuse as to why he couldn't land even the most menial of jobs at that kind of place where the only real requirement was not being a total gently caress up.

Yeah, you're right, I think self sabotage is a big part of it too.

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

A connoisseur of fine junk
Basically, a lack of any sort of a work ethic is what you just described. It wouldn't surprise me to hear that Benny is the kind of person that's always 5 minutes late for shift, or when they need to cut someone I imagine he's the first to volunteer to go home for the day.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

cname posted:

Benny, be honest...

1) Are you currently seeing a therapist?

2) Are you still in contact with the unemployment office?
I'm not seeing a therapist or a psychiatrist right now because I really can't afford it, so I've been off my meds for about a month now. My sessions with my therapist through the city ended back in December. The moment I get a job, the first thing I'm going to do is get myself back into therapy. And yes, I'm still in contact with the unemployment office. I'm getting emails and calls from my counselor. I'm waiting until next month to attend a job search workshop which they offer only once a month.

Benny the Snake fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Mar 16, 2014

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

Benny the Snake posted:

I'm not seeing a therapist or a psychiatrist right now because I really can't afford it, so I've been off my meds for about a month now. My sessions with my therapist through the city ended back in December. The moment I get a job, the first thing I'm going to do is get myself back into therapy. And yes, I'm still in contact with the unemployment office. I'm getting emails and calls from my counselor. I'm waiting until next month to attend a job search workshop which they offer only once a month.

Hail Satan.

Starter Wiggin
Feb 1, 2009

Screw the enemy's gate man, I've got a fucking TAIL!
Do you know how crazy the ladies go for those?
Benny, how is the library volunteering going?

Steampunk iPhone
Sep 2, 2009

by XyloJW
Just dropping in to let y'all know that Benny's fetish is being an adult baby for a 50-60 year old woman. Well by.

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

A connoisseur of fine junk

Steampunk iPhone posted:

Just dropping in to let y'all know that Benny's fetish is being an adult baby for a 50-60 year old woman. Well by.

No poo poo?

That changes... Nothing. He obviously already has a fetish for a mommy and daddy taking care of his every need.

That Damn Satyr fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Mar 16, 2014

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

:tastykake:||||||||||:tastykake:

Starter Wiggin posted:

Benny, how is the library volunteering going?

Probably another lie.

Foyes36
Oct 23, 2005

Food fight!

booshi posted:

Probably another lie.

Benny needs to go on the Maury Povich show.

4th Asclepiadean
Feb 18, 2012

Steampunk iPhone posted:

Just dropping in to let y'all know that Benny's fetish is being an adult baby

Well, yes, obviously. Anyone who's read the thread can see that.

Benny the Snake posted:

I'm not seeing a therapist or a psychiatrist right now because I really can't afford it, so I've been off my meds for about a month now. My sessions with my therapist through the city ended back in December.

This explains a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cailleask
May 6, 2007

Benny the Snake posted:

Congratulations on undoing all your hard work adjusting to your meds. Now you get to do it all over again, because spoiler: you aren't getting a job until you solve your brain problems.

Did you sign up for obamacare? Since you make nothing, it will cost you basically nothing. Then you can get your brain pills again. Nothing is ever going to change for you without brain pills and therapy.

• Locked thread