Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Len posted:

We really need a Funcom emote like :dice::xcom::darksouls:

There is an emote for Funcom; however, you can't see it because it has been delayed due to the quality not being up to Joels super high standards, insider trading or pubbie drama keeping it locked up tight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
No it's out, look:

e: No, wait, there.

e: Huh, I guess it's broken.

Dark_Swordmaster fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Mar 4, 2014

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

No it's out, look:

e: No, wait, there.

e: Huh, I guess it's broken.

It's a known bug and they're looking into it.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

I'm thinking something like how when TSW is loading and the Funcom logo is like flickering or whatever it goes to either static or color bars.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Unfair was a good resource, but honestly I prefer the wiki site that has several clue tiers as well as the solution after those.

They load faster.

Citizen Kane 13
Apr 2, 2011

Service Guarantees Citizenship

Would you like to know more?
Well, looks like Unfair.co is gonna be back in some form or other? Just tried the site again and instead of that farewell message, there's this:

quote:

SITE IS CURRENTLY IN MAINTENANCE MODE AND BEING MIGRATED TO A NEW HOST.
As part of an agreement I made with someone willing to take over hosting / maintenance, I'm assisting in the migration and making sure it all functions properly when it gets to where it is going! There's a good chance everything you're seeing now is part of some form of caching, if you get the "CloudFlare" screen, please select the "Load From Cached Version..." The site will be intermittent, buggy and certain content may be missing while this whole trasfer goes forward.
Further details to follow... Thanks Everybody!

So... there's that.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Citizen Kane 13 posted:

Well, looks like Unfair.co is gonna be back in some form or other? Just tried the site again and instead of that farewell message, there's this:

So... there's that.

Hahahah, these loving nerds can't stay away from their internet drama. Their entire lives would cease to exist otherwise.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.
Well the whole gist of Moiren's argument to my understanding was that Unfair stopped playing the game and stopped updating the site with no indication of giving the site to someone else, or anything like that. Moiren interpreted it as him just using it for money, so she went with the copyright claims etc because she disliked him profiting from her voice if he didn't even play anymore.

If the site is indeed transferring ownership as that seems to indicate, then this may actually be calming down.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Killsion posted:

Well the whole gist of Moiren's argument to my understanding was that Unfair stopped playing the game and stopped updating the site with no indication of giving the site to someone else, or anything like that. Moiren interpreted it as him just using it for money, so she went with the copyright claims etc because she disliked him profiting from her voice if he didn't even play anymore.

If the site is indeed transferring ownership as that seems to indicate, then this may actually be calming down.

But there really wasn't much to update ya know? It's not like Funcom really gives us information on upcoming things and issue 8 didn't really have anything to walkthrough beyond "Grind these lovely scenarios to get this thing that's useless until funcom gives us Tokyo"

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Killsion posted:

I think she just didn't want him profiting from her voice at all, and the 'he doesn't even play the game' is just part of the reasoning. Primarily it's that he's a self-centered rear end in a top hat who would rather go to insane lengths to spite someone than do the simple thing they asked; it's just that him not playing the game informs that, detailing his exact methods. He'd undoubtedly be using the same playbook if he did play regularly, he'd just be doing it slightly differently.

This turn of events confirms this view of things more than it invalidates it, honestly. If Unfair's primary goal is 'make money get e-fame', with his secondary goal being 'gently caress Moiren', then shutting it down while playing the victim will get more people on his side while vilifying her. But, actually shutting the website down would go against his desire to make money and get e-fame, so of course he's not going to do it permanently. It's essentially the slightly smarter equivalent of a teenager faking their suicide on Livejournal or Tumblr; it's for attention, and their nature means they can't stick to it.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Maybe if I actually played Mafia, I'd get a better gift from my Mafia Secret Santa. :(
I got this today :toot:

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice

Zephonith posted:

I got this today :toot:

10,000 pax? Sell it!

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Cleretic posted:

This turn of events confirms this view of things more than it invalidates it, honestly. If Unfair's primary goal is 'make money get e-fame', with his secondary goal being 'gently caress Moiren', then shutting it down while playing the victim will get more people on his side while vilifying her. But, actually shutting the website down would go against his desire to make money and get e-fame, so of course he's not going to do it permanently. It's essentially the slightly smarter equivalent of a teenager faking their suicide on Livejournal or Tumblr; it's for attention, and their nature means they can't stick to it.

You are definitely the most improved poster over the last 6 months.

In tangentially related drama news: I raid with Moiren's group and have done so for the last 6 months or so. Its a consistent easy raid with no drama (ok, like one time, but the raid completed anyhow. There definitely isn't DPS dickwaving and blame-game tanking going on). I generally don't hang around for non-raid activities because I can't bear to spend time on scenarios or 18s.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
Is that god drat bird still god drat flying around agartha?

Whoa, they added idle animations for when you have a weapon drawn?

Or maybe those were always there and I'm nuts.

GEMorris posted:

There definitely isn't DPS dickwaving and blame-game tanking going on

obviously fake

Frankenstein Dad fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Mar 5, 2014

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Frankenstein Dad posted:

Is that god drat bird still god drat flying around agartha?

Whoa, they added idle animations for when you have a weapon drawn?

Or maybe those were always there and I'm nuts.

The bird's still there, but now we get to fight him. It's not a great fight, but as far as >5-man event bosses go it's the least poo poo one mechanically (performance may vary).

I don't know about idle animations, but each one's always had their own 'stance' for when you have it drawn but aren't using it. This includes three separate ways to have your arms outstretched for the magic weapons, and the aux weapons (my favorite, as always, being the Quantum Brace).

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
Yeah, but I'd swear your character model used to just stand stock-still for a some of them, whereas now there's subtle movement on all of them. Breathing and stuff. I'm probably bananas, though.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
As far as I know the breathing and poo poo has always been there. I thought you meant like standing with your hammer out and twirling it if you didn't touch anything for 15 seconds.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Frankenstein Dad posted:

Yeah, but I'd swear your character model used to just stand stock-still for a some of them, whereas now there's subtle movement on all of them. Breathing and stuff. I'm probably bananas, though.

Your not, i spent a ton of time idling in wells and never saw weapon drawn idle-mations

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Funcom actively removes negative comments from the facebook page for TSW. And I don't just mean my negative comments. Anyone who has said anything negative had their comments removed.

Of course this means the guy who said he wants to play but can't afford to buy the game no longer has proof I offered to buy him a copy if Funcom can release a bug free Tokyo.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Len posted:

Funcom actively removes negative comments from the facebook page for TSW. And I don't just mean my negative comments. Anyone who has said anything negative had their comments removed.

Of course this means the guy who said he wants to play but can't afford to buy the game no longer has proof I offered to buy him a copy if Funcom can release a bug free Tokyo.

I really hope Funcom gets their poo poo together.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
What ever happened to their studios being literally raided by... what does Norway have, pikemen? Vikings? Ski patrol?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

First Bass posted:

What ever happened to their studios being literally raided by... what does Norway have, pikemen? Vikings? Ski patrol?

Part of an insider trading scandal that still hasn't been resolved. But TSW's development is based in the US, so impact is going to be indirect.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Is there a goon guild or anything still playing this?

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Not an active one.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

guppy posted:

Not an active one.

It'll see an influx of activity if Tokyo ever comes out.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I'd ask this on the offsite forums but I still haven't been accepted. :haw:

Anticoagulent in the AR Support Team tree says that damaging leech abilities afflict the target. Obviously it means stuff like Anima Burst, but I also have Leeching Frenzy equipped so my Frenzy attacks give me a leech buff.

Would Anticoagulent proc off of my Frenzy attacks then, since they're giving me leech? Or would it only proc off of direct leech abilities?

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Kitfox88 posted:

I'd ask this on the offsite forums but I still haven't been accepted. :haw:

Anticoagulent in the AR Support Team tree says that damaging leech abilities afflict the target. Obviously it means stuff like Anima Burst, but I also have Leeching Frenzy equipped so my Frenzy attacks give me a leech buff.

Would Anticoagulent proc off of my Frenzy attacks then, since they're giving me leech? Or would it only proc off of direct leech abilities?

When i get off work I will sort you out on the offsite forums, but your better off asking questions here. People gave up on those forums awhile ago, but there is still a good read or two there.
Will not proc off leeching frenzy. Only innate leech abilities.

Variable Haircut fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Mar 10, 2014

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Okay, thanks for the answer and the sort out. I figured there'd be a guide or two over there at the least. :shobon:

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
There were, but a lot of them are bad and in any case the mechanics have changed a lot over time and the guides there have not been updated.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I got really excited about "Scenario Weekend" for a second. I thought it was like an announcement of new scenarios that aren't as lovely but nope. It's extra euros and free cool down removes with a bonus to buy Funcom money.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Len posted:

I got really excited about "Scenario Weekend" for a second. I thought it was like an announcement of new scenarios that aren't as lovely but nope. It's extra euros and free cool down removes with a bonus to buy Funcom money.

To be honest that actually is a bit cool. There were people clamoring for some sort of an event weekend, because it feels like the right time for one. A Scenario Weekend was one of the main (and probably easiest) ideas, especially since the Golden Weekend is very much not wanted with Flappy around and isn't wanted anyway (my survey hasn't shown much conclusively yet, but it has shown that).

My suggestion was an across-the-board Double Drops Weekend, but even I knew that'd be a lot of work to do.

On the subject of new Scenario types, if I recall correctly Tilty said in an interview that there are planned Scenario types, but they're on the backburner while they work on Tokyo. He also very much liked the idea of turning Flappy into a five-man boss scenario when Flappy proper's done, and while it never occurred to him before someone suggested it he'd consider making the Gatekeeper a repeatable scenario boss too.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Cleretic posted:

To be honest that actually is a bit cool. There were people clamoring for some sort of an event weekend, because it feels like the right time for one. A Scenario Weekend was one of the main (and probably easiest) ideas, especially since the Golden Weekend is very much not wanted with Flappy around and isn't wanted anyway (my survey hasn't shown much conclusively yet, but it has shown that).

My suggestion was an across-the-board Double Drops Weekend, but even I knew that'd be a lot of work to do.

On the subject of new Scenario types, if I recall correctly Tilty said in an interview that there are planned Scenario types, but they're on the backburner while they work on Tokyo. He also very much liked the idea of turning Flappy into a five-man boss scenario when Flappy proper's done, and while it never occurred to him before someone suggested it he'd consider making the Gatekeeper a repeatable scenario boss too.

I would put good money on us seeing a repeatable Gatekeeper before we get something new for scenarios. The coding for that is practically done already.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
People have been asking for a repeatable gatekeeper since launch. We will never see it because people have been asking for it. We get poo poo we don't want. Like golems, flapping lag beasts and teddy bears.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

If I'm constantly re-applying afflicted then the effect never actually expires, right? So Gross Anatomy would be a worthless passive elite.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Kitfox88 posted:

If I'm constantly re-applying afflicted then the effect never actually expires, right? So Gross Anatomy would be a worthless passive elite.

There's a pretty good chance that reapplying it makes it fall off then applies a new version. Check your combat log. That said, virtually all proc passives suck at scaling, so don't bother.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Toshimo posted:

There's a pretty good chance that reapplying it makes it fall off then applies a new version. Check your combat log. That said, virtually all proc passives suck at scaling, so don't bother.

The game is programmed the way you describe, but Gross Anatomy has an unstated cool-down to reduce how often it will proc.

Because Suppressing Fire + Shoot em Up + Gross Anatomy = how Lawlicaust and I broke the game in beta.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
Does anyone want to do a thing tonight? May as well take advantage of extra oreos I guess?

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

GEMorris posted:

The game is programmed the way you describe, but Gross Anatomy has an unstated cool-down to reduce how often it will proc.

Because Suppressing Fire + Shoot em Up + Gross Anatomy = how Lawlicaust and I broke the game in beta.

The good 'ol days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

GEMorris posted:

That exact combo is why I was asking. :v:

• Locked thread