Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaelan Zero
Nov 30, 2004

smut
Thanks for the corrections on the item guide; I suspected some of that info was wrong, since a lot of it is based on polling experienced players from ship 2. I've tried to update and clarify things appropriately.

Feel free to send corrections via forum PM or twitter or something instead of posting in the thread. I'll probably keep revising to make them more concise and accurate.

My boost week projects:

Spot the ability transfer that failed even with a +30% success rate boost! :bang:

Kaelan Zero fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Mar 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

My week's been productive.

got a weiss comet and fully buffed it, got elysion to 50 element, and got a emporer axeon grinded for 2 characters since they are so cheap.
Also got new units and attempted to get modulator/ability III/stigma on them, but only succeeded once, and have since run out of fodder units to keep trying (and ive tried like 30 times). Cougar soul worked as a good substitute at least.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-dengeki-game-festival-2014-pso2-recap/

got some footage of the update after next, pretty much the same things again; new lobby, Urban/Ruins/Sanctuary SHAQs, the 2nd XQ gets floors 51-60. but most importantly we got some footage of PAs.

Ilmegid looks like some sort of spooky ghost that flies around hitting various enemies
The wired lance PA is basically Razan
Launcher PA fires a slow as gently caress shot that creates a massive, lingering explosion
and the fist PA is basically Sacred Skewer but more awesome because it involves a giant fist coming down from the sky

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

NextTime000 posted:

http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-dengeki-game-festival-2014-pso2-recap/

got some footage of the update after next, pretty much the same things again; new lobby, Urban/Ruins/Sanctuary SHAQs, the 2nd XQ gets floors 51-60. but most importantly we got some footage of PAs.

Ilmegid looks like some sort of spooky ghost that flies around hitting various enemies
The wired lance PA is basically Razan
Launcher PA fires a slow as gently caress shot that creates a massive, lingering explosion
and the fist PA is basically Sacred Skewer but more awesome because it involves a giant fist coming down from the sky

Holy gently caress my ears when I played the youtube video, max volume with headphones. Never again.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I'm assuming the Coast/Quarry/Seabed SHAQs are in the pipe to round off the rest of the new PAs and the wind tech.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Oh look, a cracker bullet that might actually be useful.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
So Meteor Fist is literally Satellite Cannon but faster and safer. Welp.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

kirbysuperstar posted:

proving once again the best weapon is always your fists.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Looks more like a copy of Sacred Skewer to me.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

kirbysuperstar posted:

Apparently satellite cannon is a charged move and it fires more beams if you charge it longer. But dunno, it would be very sega to give a ranged attack option to a melee weapon and actually make that one meteor better than satellite cannon's multiple beams.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
That's kinda what happened when Sacred Skewer was introduced. It was bugged to have infinite range or something and suddenly partizans became popular.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Would anybody be up for helping me and a friend run all three SHAQs in ten or so minutes? Could use the extra bodies to help with bursts and just to make them go faster.

I'm camping out in block 32 and sitting on the big white day stage in the lobby, or just whisper Lord Kamina if you're up for it!

fuxxo
Feb 17, 2010

Fucking Pokemon, how do they Surf?

Tengames posted:

My week's been productive.

got a weiss comet and fully buffed it, got elysion to 50 element, and got a emporer axeon grinded for 2 characters since they are so cheap.
Also got new units and attempted to get modulator/ability III/stigma on them, but only succeeded once, and have since run out of fodder units to keep trying (and ive tried like 30 times). Cougar soul worked as a good substitute at least.

Nice element on that Weiss Comet. :mmmhmm:

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
Wice Komet.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
Alright, seems it's time for another Nol Vacancy inactive casualty report, as we need to make more space in the team, the affected game IDs are the following:

c-box_sa
ZeroGaia
ShigMan
Triclops
Jehuti
arronaka
Insgenericname
Zerowrath
Zeratanis
Saganomics
RaveKap
Nath2
Bad Parenting
Hideo Kojima
3 Red Seconds
Radicalysmic
Your_Mom
Kiyanis
Dubsteppin
Sovietboat

As always, this game does not give us a clean "last online" stat to look at so we gotta determine long inactives by guesswork, any person on this list is welcome to come back (excluding one person that can't even see this list anymore) if you were accidentally kicked.

And with that, we have plenty of space for goons on Ship 2 to come and join up with us. maybe even bring your friends, too, since we got plenty of space to go around if we need it.

Lenaway
Feb 8, 2006

Touch Fuzzy
Get Dizzy
Zerowrath has been playing again for the last week

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

As has Shigman. So, I assume they'll be wanting back in.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Here's a little something to help you get those final grinds in before maintenance.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

If you're done affixing, you can make some money back by selling the +10% affix booster you get on every sucessful +10 grind.(provided you have a shop pass/premium)

Tengames fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Mar 18, 2014

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Are weapon camos one time use things, or can you apply a single weapon camo to different weapons? Sorry if this is a dumb question but I tried to look it up and didn't really find an answer.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

Saagonsa posted:

Are weapon camos one time use things, or can you apply a single weapon camo to different weapons? Sorry if this is a dumb question but I tried to look it up and didn't really find an answer.

you equip it like an outfit, and anytime you use a weapon the camo can apply itself to it will appear as the camo instead of what it usually is.

equip a mechgun camo: all mechguns you equip will look like the camo while you have it on.

Raujinn
Jan 8, 2007

Wish you could have more than one camo active at a time. :(

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
So is GameGuard throwing up errors every time I start the game going to be a new thing now?

Seems like it detects translated files and flags them- the game still loads up fine, but I'm wondering if this isn't some dragnet to get rid of foreign players
Or it's just GameGuard being GameGuard. Yes it's GameGuard being GameGuard- loaded the game up again and no errors.

Still, :tinfoil:

Mewnie fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Mar 19, 2014

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Things I just noticed about the new launcher PA (according to the video):

- You can move around while shooting it
- It costs 45 PP

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

RIP Cracker Bullet, you gigantic piece of poo poo/waste of space.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."
The new NPC's model is all jacked up with her weird sleeve thing clipping through her hair and making her look like a hunchback. A++

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Don't forget her eating-disorder ribcage poking through! That's a costume worth $50, right? Right.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Her model in general looks strange.

Like somebody besides the usual person put her sliders in place.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
She was designed by some manga guy who draws his characters with especially weird and kinda gross proportions. I guess they tried to keep the model as close to mangadude's "vision" as possible.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Gotta love those collabs. :rolleyes:

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
So I downloaded this game the other night and finally managed to get the translation patch running through the tweaker. Played a bit, and it seems really fun. Only problem is I keep running into a glitch where my game crashes during the tutorial mission. I get to the third area, walk a few steps, trigger a cutscene (or I assume that's what it is), and the game crashes. Every time I've tried to do this, I've run into this issue. Any ideas on how to fix this?

fuxxo
Feb 17, 2010

Fucking Pokemon, how do they Surf?

Lance Streetman posted:

So I downloaded this game the other night and finally managed to get the translation patch running through the tweaker. Played a bit, and it seems really fun. Only problem is I keep running into a glitch where my game crashes during the tutorial mission. I get to the third area, walk a few steps, trigger a cutscene (or I assume that's what it is), and the game crashes. Every time I've tried to do this, I've run into this issue. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Don't use the story patch.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

fuxxo posted:

Don't use the story patch.

Pretty much yeah.

Thing's a gigantic piece of poo poo and you don't need the story to enjoy it.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

I don't have the story patch installed, just the default translation patch for the menus.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Any of the patches tend to do that to starting players for whatever the gently caress reason. Try going through the beginning of the game without any patches installed.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

dragon enthusiast posted:

Any of the patches tend to do that to starting players for whatever the gently caress reason. Try going through the beginning of the game without any patches installed.

That fixed it, but it still crashed when I beat the mission.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Lance Streetman posted:

That fixed it, but it still crashed when I beat the mission.

Might be an issue with the base files themselves - run a file check and see if anything comes up.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

dragon enthusiast posted:

Might be an issue with the base files themselves - run a file check and see if anything comes up.

Had to redownload the exe, but it fixed it. Thanks for the help.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIZV0kArPrI

more beta PA poo poo, super anime swords

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Guess we're rapidly approaching the "why in the gently caress would you bother using anything but katana or TMG" singularity.

• Locked thread