Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Why would I fight a brother in spirit? The Leo is the best of grunts. I just love its clean lines and military look. I'm sad that with all the Wing cameos we've been getting there has been no Leo, and that the Tallgeese that showed up was fated to job to a main character. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."

Pimpmust posted:

Gotta wonder what kind of player brings these weak-rear end MSV/Early War of whatever show Gunpla to the world championship.

Unless it's packing a hidden colony laser or something (because the rules are basically anything goes :v:)

Just wanna point out that one of the dudes in that big group that attacked Felini was using a Zaku Tank. I don't think you could get more weak rear end then that.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pimpmust posted:

Gotta wonder what kind of player brings these weak-rear end MSV/Early War of whatever show Gunpla to the world championship.

Unless it's packing a hidden colony laser or something (because the rules are basically anything goes :v:)

I'm just surprised someone thought they had a chance of winning the race competition with a D-50C Loto. The thing's a literal tank!

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm just surprised someone thought they had a chance of winning the race competition with a D-50C Loto. The thing's a literal tank!

With a three lap race, maybe he figured he could take out everybody else as they lapped him and then trundle his slow rear end across the finish line.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It was the only kit he could get on short notice!

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I really wish this soundtrack wasn't so good, I had it in the background while I worked on a law paper, but I kept finding myself getting engrossed in the music.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

The Missing Link posted:

With a three lap race, maybe he figured he could take out everybody else as they lapped him and then trundle his slow rear end across the finish line.
Ah, the Twisted Metal strategy.

Caros
May 14, 2008

The Leper Colon V posted:

Ah, the Twisted Metal strategy.

Maybe you're thinking Carmageddon? Twisted metal, despite involving cars did not involve racing.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Oh my god the amount of cameos in this episode. :stare:

BF is the one true timeline.

Haman is little Mineva's mom and she took her out to play on the gundam rides :3::hf::kimchi:

e-Jesus christ there hasnt been 2 minutes without a cameo popping up.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Mar 17, 2014

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtA0mnd-p4U

Youtube link.

bondster
May 6, 2007

My favorite was the inevitable Char Aznable cameo. And better yet he looks like he's on a date with Lalah :3:

I really enjoyed this episode and I hope that Sei coming into his own as a pilot means if they do a 2nd season that we can just have Sei/Reiji tag teams!

The only part of the episode I was disappointed in was How unceremoniously Sei met up with his dad. It was cute, but I was expecting something a little more grand that that.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

bondster posted:

The only part of the episode I was disappointed in was How unceremoniously Sei met up with his dad. It was cute, but I was expecting something a little more grand that that.

I'm just surprised that truck driver didn't end up with another HG kit for his kids.

Also I laughed way, way too hard at the Fenice Rinascita blushing.

edit: Out of curiosity, what's the yellow mobile suit at around the 5:00 mark?

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Mar 17, 2014

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I loved this episode pretty much from start to finish. Even though it was filler, it was really GOOD filler. Funny cameos literally everywhere, neat little fights that honestly looked higher effort than the Star Build vs GX Maoh episode, Sei showing off that he's been paying attention the whole time, the return of Gorilla and Gyan...I don't really have a favorite part because I enjoyed it all a lot. I guess Fellini's "win no matter what" policy gets stretched a little bit when it comes to girlfriends, though. :bigtran:

The true all-star moment was the post-credits snippet. I seriously lost my poo poo laughing for about a minute straight at EVIL MIND CONTROL MEIJIN GLASSES

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Beautiful episode, pure fanservice of the good kind.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
So many cameos. So many beautiful, beautiful cameos.

I suspected that the Miss Sazabi would be a joint Aila/China build, given its name, but I'm really happy to be proven right.

Also, the goddamned Turn X showing up in Harry Ord's colours and jobbing to a fuckin' custom Gyan? Shine on, you glorious show.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

By the way, the three suits that successfully blew up Cziommer's suits were winners of some kind of fan-submission contest. I don't remember the details.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Truly the Best Century.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

This is probably one my favorite episodes so far just because of how many adorable cameos there were. Haman and baby Mineva may have been my favorite cameo, but the Kasshus, Christina, Bernie, and Al are also pretty high up there!

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Unironically Gundam Valhalla.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Oh my god the Restored Fenice upgrade. I need it.

And the best Cameo was kid Domon and his entire family. "I BUILT THIS GUNPLA WITH KYOJIIII!"

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
This episode was pure :unsmith:.

EDIT: Holy poo poo, I think the second Meijin is supposed to be Setsuna.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Mar 17, 2014

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Man it really says something when you have an episode thats literally 80% slide show, 100% fan service filler, designed entirely to sell you new kits, and yet it has more heart in it than just about anything I've seen this season.

This show has blown away every expectation I've had :unsmith:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

GimmickMan posted:

Unironically Gundam Valhalla.

Everyone gets a happy ending. Even Haman. Truly a wonderful world.

Kanos posted:

The true all-star moment was the post-credits snippet. I seriously lost my poo poo laughing for about a minute straight at EVIL MIND CONTROL MEIJIN GLASSES

Well that just means the writers have a second chance to make this a real Gundam show and kill off the Cyber Newtype. Knowing these writers they'll gently caress it up and it'll be some cool shonen hero breaking free type deal though.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Well that just means the writers have a second chance to make this a real Gundam show and kill off the Cyber Newtype. Knowing these writers they'll gently caress it up and it'll be some cool shonen hero breaking free type deal though.
I dunno, given the mood of the show if they actually tried to make it a real Gundam show it would just gently caress with the series more than doing the generic shonen thing.
EDIT:vvv Funny thing is from the shot it looks like they used the MG Crossbone kit just to make it the same size as the rest of the HGs. :v:

TARDISman fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Mar 17, 2014

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Even discounting the cameo avalanche this was a drat nice breather episode. Most of everyone in the series got a bit of screentime, Sei and Reiji got their little friendship match, man it was just pure :3: .

But by god, words can not express how much I want this thing's kit now. Mao you lucky bastard.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

TARDISman posted:

I dunno, given the mood of the show if they actually tried to make it a real Gundam show it would just gently caress with the series more than doing the generic shonen thing.

I know I was making a goof :ssh:

StrifeHira posted:

Even discounting the cameo avalanche this was a drat nice breather episode. Most of everyone in the series got a bit of screentime, Sei and Reiji got their little friendship match, man it was just pure :3: .

But by god, words can not express how much I want this thing's kit now. Mao you lucky bastard.

gently caress that I need that Fenice Rinascita. It's so good but we heard literally nothing about it until this episode. It'll never get a HG. At least the Crossbones Kai has a confirmed kit.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Robot cameos:

quote:

Episode 23
[XXXG-01D Gundam Deathscythe] (W)
JMA-0530 Walking Dome (Turn A)
CONCEPT-X 6-1-2 Turn X (Turn A)
AGX-04 Gerbera Tetra (0083)
ZMT-S33S Gottrlatan (V)
[MBF-P02Kai Gundam Astray Red Frame Kai] (Astray)
GPB-X80 Beginning Gundam (GB)

Wasn't sure how to handle the contestant suits, so I just put what they're based on. Also while watching the episode the first time I could have sworn I saw Czommer get his rear end kicked by a customized Zssa, but skipping through the episode I couldn't find the scene. :negative:

Is this something from G?

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Mar 17, 2014

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Man it really says something when you have an episode thats literally 80% slide show, 100% fan service filler, designed entirely to sell you new kits, and yet it has more heart in it than just about anything I've seen this season.

This show has blown away every expectation I've had :unsmith:

I think it's partly because the show's been completely open and honest about it the whole time. They've never tried to push gunpla as something like the be-all end-all Big Thing in-universe like some shows do (hell, they even mention that the Zeon bar is just a place that people hang out in after work for fun), and more importantly the only message they've tried to push is have fun and enjoy yourself.

I think I might get one too, though the skull looks more badass than on the actual kit. My only complaint is the way it's introduced is a little haphazard, because when the Imagine trashed the X-Maoh it wasn't even really all that badly destroyed. They could've dropped that fight and it'd have been stronger for him moping all this time over losing his gundam to Reiji and Sei

edit:

gently caress that I need that Fenice Rinascita. It's so good but we heard literally nothing about it until this episode. It'll never get a HG. At least the Crossbones Kai has a confirmed kit.

I wouldn't count it out yet. The Crossbone's something they could, theoretically, hide in the lineup without it being immediately obvious as to the owner (along with the Miss Sazabi and Exia DM). The Fenice Rinascita on the other hand would be just way too big a spoiler because it's a rebuild of the same kit. Considering it's "just" another Wing Gundam reskin there'll probably be a kit for it.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Mar 17, 2014

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

BlitzBlast posted:

Robot cameos:

Wasn't sure how to handle the contestant suits, so I just put what they're based on. Also while watching the episode the first time I could have sworn I saw Czommer get his rear end kicked by a customized Zssa, but skipping through the episode I couldn't find the scene. :negative:

Aren't you missing the King of Hearts Fellini beat up?

Also the Zssa scene was near the beginning immediately after the title card. 4:56 onwards.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I lost it when Ral slid into frame with disapproving glowing eyes.

I'm also glad that Al, Bernie, and Chris have found peace in Gundam Valhalla

BlitzBlast posted:

Is this something from G?

It's Master Asia's King of Heart Gundam, hence the pose. It wasn't used in the series at all and I'm fairly sure it never got a figure.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

You know looking at the new Fenice again I SWEAR that head looks like an AGE suit's. Legilis, maybe? I know AGE suits aren't supposed to be in the series but the resemblance is uncanny.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

It's the Exia's face.

EDIT: This should do it:

quote:

Episode 23
[XXXG-01D Gundam Deathscythe] (W)
JMA-0530 Walking Dome (Turn A)
[AMX-102 Zssa] (ZZ)
MAN-00X-2 Brarello (MSV)
CONCEPT-X 6-1-2 Turn X (Turn A)
King of Hearts (G)
AGX-04 Gerbera Tetra (0083)
ZMT-S33S Gottrlatan (V)
[MBF-P02Kai Gundam Astray Red Frame Kai] (Astray)
GPB-X80 Beginning Gundam (GB)

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Mar 17, 2014

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

StrifeHira posted:

You know looking at the new Fenice again I SWEAR that head looks like an AGE suit's. Legilis, maybe? I know AGE suits aren't supposed to be in the series but the resemblance is uncanny.

Nah, it's not the Legilis, the Legilis had a white outline on the beard. Also the face looks a lot dumber since it has to swap between Vagan's beeping face and a Gundam face. I do adore its new shield though.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

StrifeHira posted:

Nah that's just the Zeta Chin. The Rinascita is a combination of Proto-Wing Zero, Wing Zero, Zeta, and I think some 00 MS parts.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

The episode itself was great, but honestly seeing everyone from various Gundam series get their happy ending made the episode completely worth it.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

StrifeHira posted:

I'm curious by what you meant by that they aren't supposed to be in the series. Were there legal issues? Was it just a decision by Bandai?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Long story short, a different channel has the broadcasting rights for 00S2, 00 AoT, and AGE so BF can't show any cameos from there.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
edit: nevermind.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

Long story short, a different channel has the broadcasting rights for 00S2, 00 AoT, and AGE so BF can't show any cameos from there.

Guess that explains why the big bad villain MS is an Exia rather than a big evil 00. Though Yuuki should've gotten a Sazabi variant rather than Aila, just for the progression from Zaku to Kampfer up to the Sazabi (a Zeon grunt Mobile Suit to a middle-tier MS to a top-end one)

edit: GundamGuy's added artwork images of the Fenice Rinashita, Crossbone Kai and Gyan Vulcan if you want a better look at any of them

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Mar 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

When I finally get around to customizing my own gunpla I'm going to bulk buy the crossbone. Skull chests for everyone!

Also boo on Mao happiness. He's much funnier as e-Mao. Also Sei's piloting has stepped up. Not enough to make me want the MkII but it doesn't look as boring to me now. Also Fellini can't take a dive to help out the BS team but Kirara gets a free pass. Trading his burning gunpla spirit for burning morning after piss spirit (he is quite promiscuous after all).

• Locked thread