Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Herr Tog posted:

did someone do an LP of Payday 2? Is that possible?

There's been some rumblings about it but nothing solid has appeared yet. They just dropped a new content patch so people may be waiting for the game to stabilize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Ah okay thank you~

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Give it a year or so. Patches drop pretty regularly and, if Overkill is kind, a huge rebalancing patch that changes up a lot of stuff should come down.

ritcheyz
Dec 25, 2008

You've gotta be crazy
Gotta have a real need
Skippy, JetGrind, Geop, and I are waiting for the game to settle down a bit before we start our LP. Imagine if we started it before and then the Deathwish update comes out in the middle of things.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

ritcheyz posted:

Skippy, JetGrind, Geop, and I are waiting for the game to settle down a bit before we start our LP. Imagine if we started it before and then the Deathwish update comes out in the middle of things.

You guys could always do the first game in the meantime. I think that's what baldurk, cknoor, Blister, and Ethansteele did when they did both Left 4 Dead and L4D2.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

The first one is super different, honestly. I think Jet and I are the only ones who played that very much, and even then, it's not nearly as fun and is super-restrictive. Plus, it wouldn't really be all that long. Payday 2 is good in that you can do bite-sized chunks of it. Payday 1 had a handful of huge missions.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there an SA Pikmin 3 LP? Preferably done by a group of people who are well informed of the game and sound like they enjoy it.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
e: Oops

Whooping Toff
Oct 21, 2010

*ahem*

I do beg your pardon.
Does anyone know of a good Demon's Souls SL1 playthrough? The couple I've looked at haven't been particularly high quality.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Rirse posted:

Yes I do have those videos and I sent Roosevelt a copy of them too. He plans on reuploading them when he posts his next Bioshock update.

Where is he reuploading them to? I mostly followed the LP as it was going on, and some of the HP videos are still on blip, so I don't know where he currently hosts his videos.

Really behind on the times sadly. I'd appreciate anyone who can tell me though as I loved his stuff back when I first joined.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

NikkolasKing posted:

Where is he reuploading them to? I mostly followed the LP as it was going on, and some of the HP videos are still on blip, so I don't know where he currently hosts his videos.

Really behind on the times sadly. I'd appreciate anyone who can tell me though as I loved his stuff back when I first joined.

Looking to be Youtube, but he also trying to get to get the thread archived soon and put up on the Internet Archive page.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Rirse posted:

Looking to be Youtube, but he also trying to get to get the thread archived soon and put up on the Internet Archive page.

Sweet, thanks for telling me. I gotta go re-Subscribe to his YT channel which I haven't checked in three years.

PlatinumJukebox
Nov 14, 2011

Uh oh, I think someone just told Hunter what game he's in.
Kind of an odd request, but could anyone recommend some good Worms Armageddon multiplayer videos? Just watched the ones from the Frolf thread and the Freelance Astronauts and I'm kinda hooked. I know there's one on the Archive, but it looks like all the videos went down with Google Video.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Check Psyedellic Eyeball's youtube channel he has a bunch uploaded there.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!

Whooping Toff posted:

Does anyone know of a good Demon's Souls SL1 playthrough? The couple I've looked at haven't been particularly high quality.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYk2EK7Engpm3vvgyWXqJAdjbtkp2woGx

This dude is usually who I default to when discussing DeS/DaS high-tier players. He may have some ridiculous rules put on his runs but he demonstrates a complete understanding of the games and how to completely destroy it. edit: I forgot to mention that his LPs are primarily subtitled through YT annotations, so you will need those enabled.

Coincidentally, he's doing a SL1 run of DaS with the aggression mod and self-gravelord mod on. Its not a full LP however, just a highlight reel.

Highwang fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Mar 5, 2014

Whooping Toff
Oct 21, 2010

*ahem*

I do beg your pardon.
Looks great, thanks!

James Totes
Feb 17, 2011
This isn't so much a recommendation so much as a remembrance, but I'm trying to remember a LP that I can't for the life of me find again.

The LP was done a couple of years ago, 2-3. I think it had 'world' in the title. The crux of it was it was a third person shooter with vehicles, platforming, and shooting (descriptive, I know) that was set in a futuristic world where everyone was robots and the MC was some robo-criminal or some poo poo. It was a PC title. It wasn't a very popular LP, and I'm not sure if it was ever finished.

Only reason I'm asking is because I remember it had a really good opening song and I'm looking for that.

Of course, as I post it I get an idea, and check the Master List with everything with 'Scrap' in its name and find it.

Scrapland by ffuok, everybody. Check it out, yall.

James Totes fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Mar 5, 2014

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

PlatinumJukebox posted:

Kind of an odd request, but could anyone recommend some good Worms Armageddon multiplayer videos? Just watched the ones from the Frolf thread and the Freelance Astronauts and I'm kinda hooked. I know there's one on the Archive, but it looks like all the videos went down with Google Video.

Apart from Psychedelic Eyeball's channel, you can find more Worms on voiceofdog's channel, too.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Paper Lion posted:

Do you have clownbirth's peggle LP because that went down ages ago and no one seems to have it or be willing to reupload it

It's not exactly super high quality, but I do at least have the legendary episode 7 :geno:

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Lemur Crisis posted:

Kay Plays Dark Souls is a blind YouTube LP with live solo commentary that believe it or not is actually really good. The LPer takes care to play intelligently, putting a lot of fore- and afterthought into everything, and there's no scarecam, loud screeching, blaming the game, getting lost, failing to learn from mistakes, or any of those other usual things. I've played through the game a few times, and I'm enjoying this LP a lot, because I'm getting to see this person learn how to play this game very quickly, appreciate all the cool little things about it that she notices, and get through an embarrassing (for me) number of encounters on her first or second try.

(With all that thinking about how to approach things and how to do better next time comes that she goes a little slow, though, and she doesn't cut out any "running back to the boss"-type parts like Geop and Slowbeef have been doing in their playthroughs, as a warning.)

Thanks for recommending this. I've had a ton of free down time at work lately and these videos have been doing the trick. I haven't played Demon's Souls or watched any LPs of it and it's fun to get surprised along with Kay as she discovers new things. She also is very calming to listen to.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

you are a loving saint

Mush Man
Jun 25, 2010

Nintendo announces Frolf means Frog Golf.
Oven Wrangler

Wonderful!

Now, does anyone have the episode of...I think it was Yoshi's Island, where Proteus actually makes Clownbirth stop talking in his own LP? That'd be amazing.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
I'd highly recommend people watch Kaubocks and Panzer Skank's LP of Saints Row 2. They're playing the PC version, with the gentlemen of the row mod turned on. So they somehow continually find new ways to break the already incredibly broken game. Such as rocket man:

Dial M for MURDER
Sep 22, 2008

Lance Streetman posted:

I'd highly recommend people watch Kaubocks and Panzer Skank's LP of Saints Row 2. They're playing the PC version, with the gentlemen of the row mod turned on. So they somehow continually find new ways to break the already incredibly broken game. Such as rocket man:

I just watched the first episodes of this one (0 and 01) and I gotta ask if panzer skank in this one calms down later. The constant high pitched laughter was a bit much and felt really forced as continued for pretty much the entirety of the 01. I seemed like she was trying to play it up for the LP so maybe that's how it's supposed to be, I don't know. If your a goon I don't mean any offence, just my 2 cents.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I'll be the first person to admit our first couple of videos are rough around the edges both technically and from a standpoint of how we approach the game. We kind of had to shift gears a bit at the last minute as the other SR2 LP started at the same time so it took us a bit to really get a foothold on how we wanted to handle everything. I'd personally say I don't feel like we really hit our stride until Episode 05 (some may argue earlier).

However, at least in comparison to me, Panzer is a very excitable person and that's just how she is. Nothing about the LP is an act, it's just for some reason when we play games together we think everything we do is hilarious.

Dial M for MURDER
Sep 22, 2008
I appreciate your response, I'll jump ahead a couple episodes when things you guys start to get a good groove going.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Panzer did get kind of drunk for the session we recorded that ended up being episodes 5 and 6 though, so that might not be your bag either. :shobon:

I'd say check out Episode 09: Donnie because that's, to me, an episode where everything came together well to be a horrible disaster. If you like it, great, pick an episode earlier than that and start working forward. If it doesn't interest you, then the LP probably isn't your cup of tea (and that's ok!).

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I started out thinking the same during the first episode, but I ended up finding Panzer's excitability to be contagious, I was just watching episode 11 end her flipping her poo poo at the boat stunts and I was laughing like a moron all the while; I'll definitely keep watching.

I just hope the Zora Boss goes away soon, it's creeping me the gently caress out. :ohdear:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I'm looking for an LP I once read, about some kind of post-apoc Russia, where some Russian Muslim dude tries to protect his home from soldiers. Does this ring any bells? It was an SSLP, if I'm not mistaken.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Sounds like http://lparchive.org/Marauder-Man-of-Prey/ to me.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
I want to recommend the first two Oddworld games by TwoDayLife. They're both really skillful runs of two very hard games and the commentary is really chill, and informative. Also the videos are all really short! The longest one is right around half an hour.

Unfortunately because the host was viddler, you do have to watch the videos on archive.org, but that's not really a downside.

http://lparchive.org/Oddworld-Abes-Oddysee/

http://lparchive.org/Oddworld-Abes-Exoddus/

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuL3IRBlxwo

preserved for future generations

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

That is EXACTLY it, thanks!

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay

SourceElement posted:

Unfortunately because the host was viddler, you do have to watch the videos on archive.org, but that's not really a downside.

How? I load up the viddler pages and the movies wont load.

vv I'm blind

insanityv2 fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Mar 17, 2014

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

insanityv2 posted:

How? I load up the viddler pages and the movies wont load.

Click on the big red banner saying that the LP is being hosted on Archive.org.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
At this point it might be beneficial to change the thread title to include telling people to look for giant red banners on the archive.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Can anyone recommend me a good LP of Viva Pinata on Youtube?

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I have come to plug habeasdorkus' Football Manager LP. It got off to a somewhat rocky start but has very quickly turned into a gripping (and pretty informative) read. I say this as someone with precisely zero interest in Real Life Sportball - this is not an LP about football, it is an LP about one man's quest to drag his team kicking and screaming from the arse end of English football to fame and glory in the Premier League and beyond and then get fired because the board of directors are loving lunatics and so proceed to drag a *different* team kicking and screaming from the arse end of English football to fame and glory in the Premier League and beyond (while also destroying the fuckers who fired him (if there's time)).

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Fedule posted:

I have come to plug habeasdorkus' Football Manager LP. It got off to a somewhat rocky start but has very quickly turned into a gripping (and pretty informative) read. I say this as someone with precisely zero interest in Real Life Sportball - this is not an LP about football, it is an LP about one man's quest to drag his team kicking and screaming from the arse end of English football to fame and glory in the Premier League and beyond and then get fired because the board of directors are loving lunatics and so proceed to drag a *different* team kicking and screaming from the arse end of English football to fame and glory in the Premier League and beyond (while also destroying the fuckers who fired him (if there's time)).

Seriously, gently caress Tackleford.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Do read it, I know exactly nothing about UK football, and it's fascinating.

• Locked thread