Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

BlitzBlast posted:

It's the Exia's face.

Nah, Exia's face is too rounded. Fenice Rinascita's is more angular, sharper as it goes down to the chin.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Nah that's just the Zeta Chin. The Rinascita is a combination of Proto-Wing Zero, Wing Zero, Zeta, and I think some 00 MS parts.

Zeta fits better though it loses a bit of its lower chin. Though Kyrios could fit for it too, with some modifications. I guess either would be appropriate, making it the bastard lovechild of some of the transforming Gundams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleRobit
Jun 14, 2013

The design for the upgraded Fenice looks like it belongs in the 00's universe. Seconding the Kyrios-ish aesthetics and it kinda reminds me of Reborns too.
So what are the chances that the giant Plavsky crystal goes haywire and we somehow end up with the finalists controlling the life-size Zaku and RX-78?

Also, friend shared this to me (cameo/Victory Gundam spoiler I guess?)
http://imgur.com/kiVby7C.jpg

junopsis
Dec 28, 2008

BattleRobit posted:

So what are the chances that the giant Plavsky crystal goes haywire and we somehow end up with the finalists controlling the life-size Zaku and RX-78?

I can only hope. Don't have much faith in it happening, but it would be amazing.
I'd half hypothesized an incursion from Reiji's world--seeing as apparently the entire PPSE is both secretive and run by someone from his world--but I doubt that too.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

They've revealed its name to be the Crossbone Maoh. And for the record, it's Fenice Rinascita. AKA the Phoenix Rebirth.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Now the only real question is whether it'll fire its Satellite Cannon out of its eyes or by opening its mouth.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I don't buy a lot of Gundam models but if they make a Master Grade of the Gyan Vulcan I'll buy one a month until the day I die.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

boom boom boom posted:

I don't buy a lot of Gundam models but if they make a Master Grade of the Gyan Vulcan I'll buy one a month until the day I die.

I don't like the chess piece head on the Gyan but those shields with the missles are pretty boss. I wouldn't mind buying a kit or two for parts.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

That episode was amazing, a simple clipshow, but I wish gunpla was really like that. :3:

The post credits headshot of Yuuki was too ridiculous for words, it was awesome.
Embody system into dark matter > Yuuki made to fight by chariman seems likely

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Zedd posted:

That episode was amazing, a simple clipshow, but I wish gunpla was really like that. :3:

The post credits headshot of Yuuki was too ridiculous for words, it was awesome.
Embody system into dark matter > Yuuki made to fight by chariman seems likely

Not only that, but I suspect Nils got press-ganged into turning the Amazing Exia into the Dark Matter.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

junopsis posted:

I can only hope. Don't have much faith in it happening, but it would be amazing.

I think it will happen, if for no other reason than they went to the storyline effort to point out that they shipped the 1:1 RX-78-2 in especially for the finals and built a 1:1 Char's Custom Zaku II to go beside it. Probably the two most iconic suits, right there and waiting.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Now that is how you do a fanservice episode.

So, things that haven't been addressed yet:
Ms. Baker has a Plavsky Particle Crystal on her necklace.
There's a silhouette of the Master Gundam in the Opening that hasn't yet shown up.
They just introduced a whole shitload of new suits that haven't fought yet! (CROSSBONE X MAOH OH MY GOD)

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Broken Loose posted:

Ms. Baker has a Plavsky Particle Crystal on her necklace.

Ms. Baker will turn out to be a spy/prison guard from Reiji's dimension and will finally step in once the President tries to kill Reiji.

They also didn't show China in peril, if you are looking for hints in the intro.

Lurking Haro fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Mar 17, 2014

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Broken Loose posted:

So, things that haven't been addressed yet:

Don't forget Aqua discharge. :v:

The previews show the SBS using the gun discharge, which seems kind of odd. Both because the Exia DM has only one beam weapon, and because the charge time on that thing is long enough that it seems pointless for 1v1. But if the SBS is going to be loading up on plavsky, we might finally see the last discharge.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The goddamn King of Hearts appeared in a TV show! And a Crossbone! I can now die happy. Thank you, Gundam Build Fighters.

That moment with Mao and Misaki was incredibly cute for me for some reason. Despite having no dialogue whatsoever, just seeing Misaki come back to him and Mao's happiness was strong enough to make me care, something Gundam in general (but definitely not this series in particular) regularly fails at.

Also did they seriously get Shuichi Ikeda for one throwaway line that added nothing to the episode but sure as hell made me laugh? Because that's amazing.

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Just finished watching episode 23, I actually like some of the cameo appearances, especially pairs that couldn't be together at the end in their own series :smith: :

Hathaway and Quess (CCA), Christina Sierra and Lichtendahl Tsery (00), Renda de Paloma and Duker Iq (Victory), Char and Lalah, little Domon Kasshu and his family (G Gundam), Christina Mackenzie and Bernard Wiseman and Alfred Izuruha (War in the Pocket), Cecily Fairchild and her whole family (F91), Kai Shiden and Miharu Ratokie, Uso and his family (V).

I think I saw Hanken Bekkener and the kids in Zeta but no sign of Emma Sheen :smith:.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

wfwon posted:

I think I saw Hanken Bekkener and the kids in Zeta but no sign of Emma Sheen :smith:.

She was one of the figures on the shelf in Maoh's dojo in his episode.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I think she also showed up staring worryingly at Aila when she was gushing over her ice cream cone in the mall.

DookieSandwich
Nov 14, 2012
Takeshi gonna get laid tonite

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
What was the off-white unit that beat the Gottrlatan? Some parts looked familiar, so maybe it's a straight-up kitbash of a few suits.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

It was from

BlitzBlast posted:

Also a design competition for BF just ended. Apparently the top 3 will show up with some focus in the anime, while the rest just got to cameo in this episode. I can only assume Red Deathscythe won because it'd be so easy to animate.

Looked to be a Geara Doga head on a Red Frame Kai with God's upper body and the Sazabi's gun. Also an rear end because I guess two katana just isn't enough. :v:

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Maaaan some of those runners-up look fantastic, I'd be pissed if I lost out to a picture of Deathscythe that looks like it came from a kid's Wing Gundam coloring book!!

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

There were three separate competitions. Only one was building.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

great episode. Obviously a budget saving one considering all the still frames but so many funny moments that I didn't really care. The new fenice looks slick as hell and I lost it at the blushing scene.

Sunrise, when you make the next gundam series just give these guys a big bag of money and tell them to go nuts.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Monaghan posted:

Sunrise, when you make the next gundam series just give these guys a big bag of money and tell them to go nuts.

Yeah, no poo poo. The guys who have developed Build Fighters know how to tell a story, and I don't doubt they'd succeed equally well at telling a 'traditional' Gundam story as they have at this.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

"The guys who have developed Build Fighters" are the same people who worked on previous Gundam shows. Many of them worked on Gundam SEED, 00 or even Gundam Age. There's not really any new staff here.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
So they're going to super charge that giant rear end rock and make the 1:1 statues move, right? I mean how could they not?

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

paragon1 posted:

So they're going to super charge that giant rear end rock and make the 1:1 statues move, right? I mean how could they not?

I will only accept that if they play "Higher and Higher" while doing it.

Caros
May 14, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

"The guys who have developed Build Fighters" are the same people who worked on previous Gundam shows. Many of them worked on Gundam SEED, 00 or even Gundam Age. There's not really any new staff here.

Actually from what I can tell most of the writing and directing staff are the staff from 00 Gundam (which is generally well liked apart from studio fuckery), and things like SEED stargazer. I haven't heard or been able to find anyone who worked on AGE who is involved in this, but I could be wrong.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

We can but hope :allears:.

Seriously though, they can't have a full-sized RX-78-02 and Zaku and not make them fight. Just have one of those trucks full of plavsky particle tanks crash and explode between the two, spilling particles everywhere, and get some of those portable decks set up like the gunpla mafia guy had. Setting the gunpla on the GP base maaay be bit tricky though...

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

We can but hope :allears:.

Seriously though, they can't have a full-sized RX-78-02 and Zaku and not make them fight. Just have one of those trucks full of plavsky particle tanks crash and explode between the two, spilling particles everywhere, and get some of those portable decks set up like the gunpla mafia guy had. Setting the gunpla on the GP base maaay be bit tricky though...

The platforms they're on ARE the GP Bases. :psyboom:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I am pretty sure the statues are not made of plastic.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I love how they wink wink nudge nudge GO SEE THE GUNDAM STATUE IN ODAIBA (also the light show is actually really cool btw)

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Eej posted:

I love how they wink wink nudge nudge GO SEE THE GUNDAM STATUE IN ODAIBA (also the light show is actually really cool btw)

My sister isn't a huge Gundam fan, apart from Duo, the scene in Wing where Zechs' mask explodes, and Wing Zero Custom, and she lost her goddamn marbles when she saw the life sized Gundam.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

I am pretty sure the statues are not made of plastic.

Are you implying you don't want to see the 1/1 scale Gundam statues move and fight eachother just because they can? Because there's something wrong with you if you are :colbert:

Eej posted:

Some part of me wonders if they're actually considering building a 1/1 Zaku statue.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

A 1:1 Zaku head exists at the very least, and I swear I've seen pictures of a 1:1 Zaku head+torso attraction.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Are you implying you don't want to see the 1/1 scale Gundam statues move and fight eachother just because they can? Because there's something wrong with you if you are :colbert:

Not really because I can see that in any other Gundam show. :colbert:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Caros posted:

Actually from what I can tell most of the writing and directing staff are the staff from 00 Gundam (which is generally well liked apart from studio fuckery), and things like SEED stargazer. I haven't heard or been able to find anyone who worked on AGE who is involved in this, but I could be wrong.

Obari worked on this show and also Gundam Age OPs and select episodes.

Also, they really missed out on the ideal cameo:

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Mar 18, 2014

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Really though, I could buy that they were just hawking the 1:1 scale MS attraction if they only showed the Gundam, but the fact that they went to the effort of talking up this brand new 1:1 scale Zaku on display for the first time pretty much guarantees that they gonna fight.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Retroactively: I'm really disappointed with Sei as a character and this episode just kind of solidified it.

He hasn't done much at all despite being the theoretical protagonist. Any conflict he has is resolved within a few minutes and anything defining about the character just gets kind of brushed aside. The Star Build Strike hasn't needed him for anything but repairs since the tournament started. There's no real sense that Sei is modifying the Strike with each new opponent he beats. He just sort of upgraded it and then was done. Since then he's been largely vestigial as far as his big defining trait goes. He's supposed to be this super-ace builder but he doesn't seem to be learning anything from his enemies.

And this episode basically resolves the two lingering plot threads he has goes. He's a bad pilot! Oh, okay, he got better by watching other people fight. That's resolved. He's at least able to give Reiji an actual fight now and Reiji was talented enough to take down a lot of experienced Zeon-Club dudes in a Ball so the Gunpla difference can't be that significant. He re-met his dad in a montage so we don't even get to see them talk. So... welp. That's Sei. Plots resolved.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Mar 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Yeah, Sei definitely comes off as a very "project yourself onto me" generic perspective character rather than a fully fleshed out protagonist.

• Locked thread