Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

OneDeadman posted:

Soul Catcher(S) 14 is out.

The faces whenever Kamine does basically anything incredible is so good :allears:

Getting stabbed by music measures really hurts, you know!

On a more general note for this chapter, I'm surprised that the characters are shocked by Kamine's conducting; the way they were acting, it was like they had never seen anyone conduct with guiding gestures.

If your conductor's not a novice/terrible, then "realistic conducting" like the one displayed is the norm. Immersion ruined, that must be why they kept failing 5 years in a row. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

OneDeadman posted:

Soul Catcher(S) 14 is out.

The faces whenever Kamine does basically anything incredible is so good :allears:

Just read through this comic, and oh my god this is the shouneniest thing ever and I love it

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Nondevor posted:

Getting stabbed by music measures really hurts, you know!

On a more general note for this chapter, I'm surprised that the characters are shocked by Kamine's conducting; the way they were acting, it was like they had never seen anyone conduct with guiding gestures.

If your conductor's not a novice/terrible, then "realistic conducting" like the one displayed is the norm. Immersion ruined, that must be why they kept failing 5 years in a row. :colbert:

Well last time they saw him, he was a complete novice. That or his "realistic conducting" is almost like telepathy in that they understand him completely.

Also, Illegal Rare 2 is out.

Didn't quite like this chapter this as much as the first one, but that's almost a given as he sets up his world more.

Additionally, Lasboss x Hero 11 is out, where we get to see a little of the other antagonist who's been hinted at.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Allarion posted:

Additionally, Lasboss x Hero 11 is out, where we get to see a little of the other antagonist who's been hinted at.

Hope this manga doesn't take a turn to the dark, the sillynes of the premise and the lack of seriousness was what I liked on the first place.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Yowamushi Pedal 14

Ahahahaha. I completely crack up every time "Love✩Hime" is used as a powerup song.

Don't stop being crazy, Onoda-kun. :allears:

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Seven Deadly Sins #69

Gowther is really beginning to grow on me. Starting out, I read him as kinda robotic and emotionless, and he came off as really dull, but lately it's becoming more and more obvious that he's actually got a really dry, understated wit hiding in there. :allears:

"Who, indeed?"

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Iron Knight 8

So, things are starting to come together here and, heck, we even have The Love Intrest there.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Can anyone tell me what the gently caress's going on with Tokyo Ghoul? :psyduck:

The three most recent chapters. No, i didn't cut any out. Take note of the upload date, too.

ninjaedit: Apparently it's supposed to be seinen? Eh, the question still stands.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

HenryEx posted:

Can anyone tell me what the gently caress's going on with Tokyo Ghoul? :psyduck:

The three most recent chapters. No, i didn't cut any out. Take note of the upload date, too.

ninjaedit: Apparently it's supposed to be seinen? Eh, the question still stands.

I don't read it, but if I were to guess is that 2 other random scanlators decided to upload later chapters for whatever reason. The weird part is you'd assume they would skip to the latest chapter which is around volume 10, but yeah due to the nature of scanlation, sometimes groups will skip chapters, or work backwards, etc. The usual main group working on Tokyo Ghoul is Twisted Hel though.

EDIT: Also new Illegal Rare 3. Stealth Symphony is also around unofficially now though I'm not sure whether I should link that considering all the other licensed manga that gets linked.

Allarion fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Mar 14, 2014

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

HenryEx posted:

If you open the chapters there're notes explaining it. Something something found a translation something something did this for some guy something something.

Those are some loving chapters, though. :stare:

It's going full loving shounen on us. And full gorn at the same time.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Soul Catcher(S) 16 was released.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Weekly Shounen Jump - 2014/16

Good stuff was great but I'm really starting to dislike having these cliffhangers (Stealth Symphony was barely a chapter) whilst poo poo like Nisekoi, Naruto and Bleach fart around for pages on end.

And, hey, That cooking manga's getting a GN release, digital only so I can expect to get an email bugging me to buy it whilst my filthy philistine money can't do so.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Mar 17, 2014

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Even shounen protagonists who can read people's hearts can't figure out when a girl's romantically interested.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

jackofarcades posted:

Even shounen protagonists who can read people's hearts can't figure out when a girl's romantically interested.

Well Saiki from PSI Saiki Kasuo can, but he also kind of hates everyone regardless. Shame that manga is too wordy or full of puns that no one wants to translate it, it seems to be a pretty funny manga. He's even in that newest Jump Vs. game.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Allarion posted:

Well Saiki from PSI Saiki Kasuo can, but he also kind of hates everyone regardless. Shame that manga is too wordy or full of puns that no one wants to translate it, it seems to be a pretty funny manga. He's even in that newest Jump Vs. game.

Saiki is tons of fun when it's translated. It strikes me a lot like Mob Psycho but told in a much more Gintama way than traditional shounen. I was just thinking about this manga yesterday and now I'm bummed out...

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
Not to doublepost, but Seven Deadly Sins 70 is out, and it's the perfect mix of an infobomb and :black101:! Gowther's pretty much my second favorite character now.

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles

Reiche posted:

Not to doublepost, but Seven Deadly Sins 70 is out, and it's the perfect mix of an infobomb and :black101:! Gowther's pretty much my second favorite character now.

Gowther doesn't gently caress around :stare:

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Reiche posted:

I think my favorite small detail is Gowther always talks with square speech bubbles. Using the shape of the bubbles to show emotion is something the author does all the time but Gowther 100% of the time is square and no one else ever is.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
That was some good dream imagery, too. I'm a sucker for good dream imagery.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Reiche posted:

Seven Deadly Sins is such a solid shounen series. Its story/characters/pacing are like a much better and more refined version of the main WSJ series and most other shounen battle manga.

I'm happy that they finally got around to the more good/relate-able holy knights realizing that the sins aren't bad. I figured it would happen eventually, since it's pretty clear that the sins alone lack the firepower to really take on all of the holy knights. I'm curious about where the series is going to go from here, since I think the guy who Gowther is "fighting" is one of the top tier enemies at this point. I imagine the stuff with King Arthur is setting up some other plot thread.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Iron Knight 9
Well, that whole operation went to poo poo pdq.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

Seven Deadly Sins is such a solid shounen series. Its story/characters/pacing are like a much better and more refined version of the main WSJ series and most other shounen battle manga.

I'm happy that they finally got around to the more good/relate-able holy knights realizing that the sins aren't bad. I figured it would happen eventually, since it's pretty clear that the sins alone lack the firepower to really take on all of the holy knights. I'm curious about where the series is going to go from here, since I think the guy who Gowther is "fighting" is one of the top tier enemies at this point. I imagine the stuff with King Arthur is setting up some other plot thread.

If the previous king only foresaw that the great war could be avoided, that isn't the same as saying it would never happen unless holy knights made it happen. They killed the guy who could see the future and are working off of a flawed premise.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Iron Knight is shaping up better than I expected from the first few chapters. Curious about what the overarching plot is going to be, though, since there's only so much the main character can do with his power.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
New Iron Knight: Wow, very grim for a typical-as-hell shounen.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I love his Dark Souls-esque giant swordclub.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I just learned than Onizuka will be back on another series :neckbeard:

GTO is the first manga than I readed and is still one of my all time favorites.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-03-13/live-action-gto-show-returns-in-july-after-new-manga-debuts

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Allarion posted:

Speak of the devil and he shall be translated.

Wish that worked for more series. :sigh:

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
Yeah, so I know I'm a few years behind and there's probably a thread for this somewhere, but I started reading Katekyo Hitman Reborn! a few years ago while I was in college. It was like mid-Future arc when I stopped because I have trouble keeping up with things that aren't finished and sort of put it to the back of my mind.

I found myself thinking about it recently and wanted to find out how it ended, so I went on a reading spree for the past few days and finished it earlier today. And now I miss it. I really enjoyed the characters.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

DreamingofRoses posted:

Yeah, so I know I'm a few years behind and there's probably a thread for this somewhere, but I started reading Katekyo Hitman Reborn! a few years ago while I was in college. It was like mid-Future arc when I stopped because I have trouble keeping up with things that aren't finished and sort of put it to the back of my mind.

I found myself thinking about it recently and wanted to find out how it ended, so I went on a reading spree for the past few days and finished it earlier today. And now I miss it. I really enjoyed the characters.

The characters were fun, but that ending was just god awful. You're still as terrible as you were in chapter 1 Tsuna, despite all that happened, but at least you have friends now to help you try and not be quite as much of a gently caress-up.

bondster
May 6, 2007

Iron Knight sure didn't last long

It seemed like it had potential too.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

bondster posted:

Iron Knight sure didn't last long

It seemed like it had potential too.

I'll give you anything Stealth Symphony is next. Too interesting to survive in Jump.

coathat
May 21, 2007

I hope so! It's insanely boring and bland.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
It'll probably be Soul Catcher(s) unfortunately, but then again Soul Catcher(s) isn't at the complete bottom consistently like Iron Knight was since it jumped to rank 5 a couple weeks ago so it'll hopefully last. Course it's hard to tell since the translation for Soul Catcher(s) is about 20 chapters behind the current chapter so they could be in their last arc for all we know. Stealth Symphony is still too new to be ranked properly and Illegal Rare just got ranked at 11/14 so it's starting out pretty low too. Of course, low ranking series can stick around for a while if their volumes sell really well, a prime example being To-Love-Ru which only ended due to the author's divorce problems.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

The characters were fun, but that ending was just god awful. You're still as terrible as you were in chapter 1 Tsuna, despite all that happened, but at least you have friends now to help you try and not be quite as much of a gently caress-up.

To be fair: It's only been a year since he got the tutor and most of his time has been spent fighting (with dying will of course) and making friends. That doesn't excuse why he's so crap at sports still, since you'd imagine he'd toughen up a little bit, but the friends thing is huge considering that he had none before the whole thing started.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Tsuna just doesn't want to be a mafia boss. He is far beyond the point where he's unwilling to fight, and unable to make friends.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

coathat posted:

I hope so! It's insanely boring and bland.
Oh yes because Naruto, Bleach, Nisekoi (ESPECIALLY NISEKOI) and HxH aren't.

Plus it's only been four chapters, guy. I'm only saying it's next on the block because it dares to not be a lovely battle manga, horrifically boring drivel like Nisekoi or Food Wars which, whilst I'm glad it's there, is probably riding on the fact that it's got fan-service out the arse.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Mar 26, 2014

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Hunter x Hunter isn't bland, though.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

You take that back or there'll be a fight in this thread.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Damn it, It's all your fault!
HunterXHunter suffers from a different problem: the author is really lazy. Lazy, as in, "I'm in ten chapters, time for an year-long break" lazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Silver2195 posted:

Hunter x Hunter isn't bland, though.
I agree, something has to actually exist for us such an assessment in the first place.