Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.
I really want to see whatever version of Bambi Cecil watched as a kid.

(Also, caught you at the second showing in Philly a few nights ago. You're all fabulously charismatic in person and it makes me jealous.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meat Street
Oct 17, 2004

knowin' nothin' in life but to be legit

CaptainPsyko posted:

SO loving JEALOUS OF THIS.

Please tell me everything about this guest appearance. I hope it was recorded.

He appeared in character during a special segment (not the weather), and provided what can only be described as the most insightful bluegrass lesson ever. I don't want to say more on the off chance that it's recorded and released.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
In a display of insanity, I just booked a flight and hotel and rental car for Emerald City Comic Con. My friend and I are only going to be able to go to the con Friday and then the Crossover show on Saturday, so we'll miss the WTNV and Thrilling Adventure Hour panels on Sunday morning but... that's the price for waiting until 3 weeks from the start date to plan a trip.

Annnnd next Friday I'll be seeing WTNV in Dallas, and seeing Thrilling Adventure Hour in LA in April.

I think my podcast addiction has gotten out of hand.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
Anyone going to the Chicago show interested in signing a "Good luck on your recovery from congenital hand-bodyness" card for Meghan Wallaby?

It was my husband's idea and I wonder if it's too goony.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
When should someone listening to Night Vale from beginning to end listen to Condos to minimize confusion and spoilers?

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
It definitely takes place before Numbers, but it doesn't really matter in the slightest.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

To be completely unspoiled, you'll want to have listened up through Faceless Old Woman (and definitely up through One Year Later).

But yeah, Condos is pretty self-contained, it helps if you know who certain characters are, but could also serve pretty well as your introduction to them.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Maxnmona said somewhere in here that Condos was supposed to be open to the first-time listener. I had a friend listen to it as their first Night Vale podcast and there wasn't really any confusion (even if it does spoil the Cecil-Carlos relationship), so I wouldn't worry about it.

Dimloep
Nov 5, 2011
This might be too much to hope for, but if anyone attending the Columbus show is going to have an extra ticket, PM me maybe? Ticketmaster says there are no more available. I can repay in cash or dinner/coffee at the North Market beforehand.

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."
Calling out all Houston goons. I will be there with a friend tonight in a blue suit coat if anyone wants to hang out a bit before or after the show.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

A while back someone in here suggested another podcast that was horror themed. They did a lot of lovecraft adaptations and the like. Anyone remember the name of this?

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001
Full house for the Dallas show. Kinda cramped in here.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."

thefncrow posted:

Full house for the Dallas show. Kinda cramped in here.

Yeah, I'm glad I got here early and am about the center on the floor and an aisle seat. It's packed and loud and people still keep coming to the front to look for seats.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

Annakie posted:

Yeah, I'm glad I got here early and am about the center on the floor and an aisle seat. It's packed and loud and people still keep coming to the front to look for seats.

Yeah, I was about 10 rows back in the center. I got there just as the doors opened when there was already a huge line. I had a chance to grab an aisle seat and passed it up, bad choice as it turned out.

That was a pretty great show.

EDIT: it seems fitting that I left Night Vale and walked into a bar filled with people dressed as bananas.

thefncrow fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Mar 15, 2014

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

The dude who ended up sitting next to me clearly was only dragged along by his girlfriend, complained to her about it, had BO, shoved his legs into my space and when the show was over basically shoved me out of the way to get out. If I hadn't known I was going to see the show again two weeks from tonight I would be pretty pissed right now. If there'd been anywhere else to go I would have moved seats, he was that bad. I obviously chose not to follow Cecil's instructions for the crowd about talking to a stranger at the end.

The show itself was amazing. I loved the musical guest, and the crowd was just eating out of Cecil's hand the entire time. One of the best live shows I've seen in a long time. If you haven't seen it yet, you're in for an amazing show.

SeedyV
Nov 10, 2005

Water Triiiiibe
The Dallas show was fantastic and I would encourage anyone to see the live show if you get an opportunity. Just don't. Look. UP.

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

:stonk: That commercial. Clearly we have not seen the last of Kevin.

Kill your double.

And the cat thing was pretty sad too I guess.

Action Yak fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Mar 15, 2014

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

TheJoker138 posted:

A while back someone in here suggested another podcast that was horror themed. They did a lot of lovecraft adaptations and the like. Anyone remember the name of this?

You're not thinking about Pseudopod, are you? They read some really good horror stories.

My jaw dropped when the word from our sponsor came on.

I'm also really curious about the woman who's lived in the house that doesn't exist for nineteen years.

I think Cecil's officially had enough of the new station management.

Edit: HOLY poo poo Was that woman Cecil's mother!?

tom bob-ombadil fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Mar 15, 2014

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!
loving loved the weather in the new episode.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I am completely torn between Yay Kevin :neckbeard: and kitty no :(

But I really hope we hear from Kevin again.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

dragon_pamcake posted:

You're not thinking about Pseudopod, are you? They read some really good horror stories.

No, that doesn't sound right. They did some original stuff as well, and rewrote things to be like radio plays.

Mistaken Frisbee
Jul 19, 2007
I'm going to the Oklahoma City live show tonight with my 63-year old father, and I finally have gotten him to listen to the first couple of episodes today. He still doesn't quite understand it.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

TheJoker138 posted:

No, that doesn't sound right. They did some original stuff as well, and rewrote things to be like radio plays.

You might be thinking of The Thrilling Adventure Hour, which is all done in the style of old-time radio. The segment Beyond Belief is all about a couple who faces supernatural threats, some of which are Lovecraftian in nature. The episode before last was called "When Cthulhu Cthalls" and was all about some Old Ones rising.

But, it's also a comedy podcast and actually not all that scary. :)

This morning's WTNV episode was amazing, by the way. I can't wait for Cecil to officially join the revolution. It's gotta happen soon. Also, live show spoilers: Between Tamika's amazing speech and Cecil again slyly calling for action, I really, really can't wait for the uprising.

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Birds do not want you to know any more than you already do.
Awesome show in OKC! Eliza Rickman is such a treat live- I'm so glad she was the weather tonight.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!
After being suitably impressed by the weather on the new episode, I bought Jason Isbell's album.

WOW. Buy it. Buy it now. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. There's a stream of it on YouTube if you're on the fence.

It is seriously one of the most intense and powerful americana albums I've ever heard.

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

Mistaken Frisbee posted:

I'm going to the Oklahoma City live show tonight with my 63-year old father, and I finally have gotten him to listen to the first couple of episodes today. He still doesn't quite understand it.

I brought my boyfriend, who'd only listened to a couple episodes and hadn't quite gelled with it yet, and he had a GREAT time.

Seriously what an exceptional live show, and I can't thank you guys enough for coming to OKC. That's always a crazy treat, especially when I can't drive to Dallas for a weekend to catch a show. I love the podcast and was still totally caught off guard with how much fun the live show was.

Meat Street
Oct 17, 2004

knowin' nothin' in life but to be legit

AstroZamboni posted:

After being suitably impressed by the weather on the new episode, I bought Jason Isbell's album.

WOW. Buy it. Buy it now. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. There's a stream of it on YouTube if you're on the fence.

It is seriously one of the most intense and powerful americana albums I've ever heard.

Seconded; it's really that good. He does one hell of a live show, too.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
What a great episode, and yea you really, really, should buy Jason Isbell's poo poo. He's great, the weather is normally always good but he was the first dude on it I felt the need to hear a lot more of.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Annakie posted:

You might be thinking of The Thrilling Adventure Hour, which is all done in the style of old-time radio. The segment Beyond Belief is all about a couple who faces supernatural threats, some of which are Lovecraftian in nature. The episode before last was called "When Cthulhu Cthalls" and was all about some Old Ones rising.

But, it's also a comedy podcast and actually not all that scary. :)

This morning's WTNV episode was amazing, by the way. I can't wait for Cecil to officially join the revolution. It's gotta happen soon. Also, live show spoilers: Between Tamika's amazing speech and Cecil again slyly calling for action, I really, really can't wait for the uprising.

Nah, I already listen to that. This one did original stuff as well, but it also did real adaptations and was actually horror based.

Dimloep
Nov 5, 2011
I think this is the first time the weather is a song I've heard before.

Oh no, kitteh. Curse you, StrexCorp.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

I hope they do another Atlanta show someday, because I didn't even know about it (was catching up on old episodes first) until after it had sold out. And it would have made a kick-rear end birthday present for me, too. :(

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

Before the show tomorrow I plan on drawing an eye on my forehead with eyeliner like a dork. I probably won't be the only one, I think.
I'll be wearing my sweet Miskatonic University shirt, but I'll have a coat on over it so it won't matter.
You won't look for me anyway. There's no reason to, unless you're super into incredibly awkward small talk, one-word answers to questions, long periods of silence, and making an excuse to leave.

Edit: Green bowtie because gently caress it.

Action Yak fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Mar 17, 2014

Mistaken Frisbee
Jul 19, 2007

redcheval posted:

I brought my boyfriend, who'd only listened to a couple episodes and hadn't quite gelled with it yet, and he had a GREAT time.

Seriously what an exceptional live show, and I can't thank you guys enough for coming to OKC. That's always a crazy treat, especially when I can't drive to Dallas for a weekend to catch a show. I love the podcast and was still totally caught off guard with how much fun the live show was.

Yeah, my Dad ended up liking it. Listening to the Summer Reading Program helped a lot. It was a lot of fun. I was surprised how diverse the audience was. The internet had me convinced it'd just be teenage girls.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
The live show was awesome

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Mar 17, 2014

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Just got back from the Lawrence, Kansas live show. Pulled out my old green boy scout uniform and put an Eternal Scout pin where the rank goes. I know it gets echoed a lot in here, but seriously, anyone who has an opportunity to go see a live show should because it is an absolutely terrifying blast.

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
Super excited for the StL show tonight. I'll be wearing a "Your Existence is Not impossible" shirt and either a short grey jacket or black trench if any other goons will be there.

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

ZorajitZorajit posted:

Super excited for the StL show tonight. I'll be wearing a "Your Existence is Not impossible" shirt and either a short grey jacket or black trench if any other goons will be there.
Shout "goons" into the crowd and see what happens.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Action Yak Police posted:

Shout "goons" into the crowd and see what happens.

A million Tumblrites will go "What?"

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Cecil: When I say goons, you say Tumblr!
Cecil: Goons!
Crowd: Tumblr!
Cecil: Goons!
Crowd: Tumblr!

I can dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

this may shock some of you but there are actually people who are into the show that don't really identify with any particular internet site.