Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I'm kind of curious about what difference using another energy lockseed would make. The normal lockseeds have various weapons associated with them, but thus far all of the energy riders have had identical abilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Serious Frolicking posted:

I'm kind of curious about what difference using another energy lockseed would make. The normal lockseeds have various weapons associated with them, but thus far all of the energy riders have had identical abilities.

Except when Watermelon happens. I can't wait for Kouta to combine that with something.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Well now we know why the Energy Riders all seem to be a bit samey, Energy lockseeds are just color modes for the Jinba mix!

Though what effect Cherry has is up in the air since we don't even know what Lemon does other than make Gaim stronger.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
So poo poo went down pretty hard in the new episode. I'm now pretty much in love with Takatora.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Well I could fight her for her lockseed - or I could just steal it. Think I'll go with option B.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

jonjonaug posted:

So poo poo went down pretty hard in the new episode. I'm now pretty much in love with Takatora.

I doubt Oren would appreciate the competition.

Gotenks0053
Sep 2, 2011
Do you guys know where I could get a Gaim poster? I kinda want to put one behind my toku stuff display.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Gotenks0053 posted:

Do you guys know where I could get a Gaim poster? I kinda want to put one behind my toku stuff display.

I only saw a few on Ebay right now, for the Gaim and Wizard crossover movie. So if you want pure Gaim you might need to wait a while.

Scratchman Apoo fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Mar 17, 2014

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010

Scratchman Apoo posted:

I only saw a few on Ebay right now, for the Gaim and Wizard crossover movie. So if you want pure Gaim you might need to wait a while.

Ohhhh....now I know where to go for a Rider Wars one.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Fruit Fighters episode 22

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Kazuraba Kouta: ~I love stealin', I love takin' things~

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I can't decide if I like Takatora or Ryoma more. Ryoma had his casual discussion about committing mass genocide for the common good while Takatora just gives Kouta this incredible verbal beating.

This show is so great.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Kouta straight up jacking the Peach Energy lockseed was great. What kind of chump needs to actually defeat Robot Masters to steal their powers, anyway?

Also, this is how you write a story of an impending extinction event and the desperate measures people take to survive. Solid stuff. I'm lookin' at you, Kabuto.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
Its going to be a looooong wait until next week. I was just wondering when Michhy was going to come clean to everybody. Triumphant Arms looks awesome too.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Fooley posted:

Triumphant Arms looks awesome too.
I honestly can't believe that's happening so soon.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Dexie posted:

I honestly can't believe that's happening so soon.

Well according to magazine scans We've got one more form to go, Kiwami (Extreme) Arms. That's his actual final upgrade as far as we know.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Rei_ posted:

Well according to magazine scans We've got one more form to go, Kiwami (Extreme) Arms. That's his actual final upgrade as far as we know.

Plus whatever upgrades they roll out for Baron and Zangetsu.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Baron's had an upgrade teased, I think? I'm not sure. Zangetsu is rumoured to get the Genesis Core and double up on Melon lockseeds later, but that might just be us taking a toy scan literally. Nothing's been shown for Micchy but I'm sure he'll get Giant Creepy rear end in a top hat Arms before the end of the show.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Rei_ posted:

Baron's had an upgrade teased, I think? I'm not sure. Zangetsu is rumoured to get the Genesis Core and double up on Melon lockseeds later, but that might just be us taking a toy scan literally. Nothing's been shown for Micchy but I'm sure he'll get Giant Creepy rear end in a top hat Arms before the end of the show.

Baron's had an upgrade teased in the last magazines, so his is probably just a couple weeks away. First I'm hearing about an upgrade for Zangetsu though. They literally call him Final Zangetsu right now. :v:

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The bodysuit is Shin Zangetsu, the armour is Melon Energy Arms. He can be Shin Zangetsu Melon Arms Melon Mantle.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

I've been joking the same thought around with my buddies, but Melon Mix would be the best thing to ever come from Gaim. There is never enought melons to go around.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
"First ever Kamen Rider and Super Sentai team-up!"

Wait, so what was episode 25 of Decade then?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Twelve by Pies posted:

What about A Friend in Need from Mighty Mophin Power Rangers!?!?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I think they mean "dedicated team-up special". The Decade/Shinkenger stuff were just part of the regular episode count.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Twelve by Pies posted:

Well Decade doesn't count because

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

jivjov posted:

I think they mean "dedicated team-up special". The Decade/Shinkenger stuff were just part of the regular episode count.

Kamen Rider VS Super Sentai: Super Hero War? :v:

EDIT: Well unless it's "a specific single team and specific single Rider".

TerminusEst13 fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Mar 18, 2014

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

TerminusEst13 posted:

Kamen Rider VS Super Sentai: Super Hero War? :v:

EDIT: Well unless it's "a specific single team and specific single Rider".

That was a movie though...isn't this still the first on-TV team up special?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Rei_ posted:

The bodysuit is Shin Zangetsu, the armour is Melon Energy Arms. He can be Shin Zangetsu Melon Arms Melon Mantle.

But he can't have the Energy Arms suit without using the Genesis Driver.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
I'm watching through from the beginning, and did they ever do anything with that lockseed Sid was always fiddling with? Or was it to hint at him being a Rider before they came up with the Energy seeds?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I gotta say though Micchy's actions in this episode slightly baffled me. I know what his deal is, he thinks Yggdrasil is right and they have to keep everything secret to save the world, and also wants to protect Mai because he's sweet on her. However these two motivations seem to be at odds and the show hasn't really shown this. When the crack opens in the city and Kouta is worried that they'll use the scalar weapon to nuke the city, I feel like Micchy should have immediately realized "Wait that will kill Mai too" I know later in the episode he did finally realize this and go trick them into a shelter, but it's not like he brought her family along (I assume her parents are still alive at least) so even if he'd succeeded in saving her, her family dying would still pretty much shoot her into despair and thus he'd more or less have failed at his goal of protecting her. Maybe they're going to deal with this in the future, but right now I'm having a hard time buying Micchy going "Yeah okay I'm totally fine with nuking the city because we must keep the secret" and also "I must protect Mai always!"

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Here's the thing: Micchy's a bad person

Sinner Sandwich
Oct 13, 2012

Twelve by Pies posted:

I gotta say though Micchy's actions in this episode slightly baffled me. I know what his deal is, he thinks Yggdrasil is right and they have to keep everything secret to save the world, and also wants to protect Mai because he's sweet on her. However these two motivations seem to be at odds and the show hasn't really shown this. When the crack opens in the city and Kouta is worried that they'll use the scalar weapon to nuke the city, I feel like Micchy should have immediately realized "Wait that will kill Mai too" I know later in the episode he did finally realize this and go trick them into a shelter, but it's not like he brought her family along (I assume her parents are still alive at least) so even if he'd succeeded in saving her, her family dying would still pretty much shoot her into despair and thus he'd more or less have failed at his goal of protecting her. Maybe they're going to deal with this in the future, but right now I'm having a hard time buying Micchy going "Yeah okay I'm totally fine with nuking the city because we must keep the secret" and also "I must protect Mai always!"

I think you're underestimating how intensely selfish Micchy is. He's not like his older brother who is concerned with saving humanity, even if that means making horrible sacrifices or being a horrible cynic, he's concerned purely with his own happiness, which revolves around being able to keep up his Beat Rider lifestyle and continue to crush on Mai. He's shown, repeatedly, to be willing to backstab anyone, from Kouta to his brother and employer, in order to keep up the facade, and I doubt he'll realize how warped his morals are anytime soon.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Micchy is the only character who's actually fighting any progression in his own life. Everyone is moving in a direction, whether that's good or bad is debatable. Micchy however is revelling in his own stagnation and you can slowly see how his desire to keep Kouta static and in the dark so he can control him is slowly turning into something more malicious. It's actually a really interesting portrayal of antagonistic behaviour largely stemming from anxiety. Micchy is this dumb spoiled kid who found a bit of happiness, and in his conversativism he's finding himself rapidly having to push harder and harder to keep things in their old position despite many things moving beyond his control.

Like I think he doesn't have a whole hell of a lot of time on this specific course before people start getting wise to him, and then things will get REALLY bad the second someone he thinks he's protecting turns on him.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Fooley posted:

I'm watching through from the beginning, and did they ever do anything with that lockseed Sid was always fiddling with? Or was it to hint at him being a Rider before they came up with the Energy seeds?

We don't know yet, but I'm sure they will bring that back up at a later time.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

I just realized Kachidoki has a heavy DJ theme because it's his stage now.

video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVw7Huz836I

Rei_ fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Mar 19, 2014

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

HOW IS THIS SHOW SO GOOD?

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Waffleman_ posted:

HOW IS THIS SHOW SO GOOD?

I think Magenta might have been right about Gaim possibly being TOO GOOD because holy crap this episode. I love you, DJ Sagara.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

We're not even halfway through!

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Kouta man, jesus christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Waffleman_ posted:

We're not even halfway through!

I know. It's amazing. Also: I'm pretty sure that was Sugita as the Overlord Invess.

• Locked thread