Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Those Indian portraits are...something else. I'm happy though that you can get Absolute Cognatic as an Indian ruler, so female rulers are a go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Torrannor posted:

Ugh, it's even worse than the Mediterranean faces pack. Why are they doing this?

Whoa, let's not go crazy. Those Mediterranean faces weren't even cro-Magnons.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I'm the Norse Emperor of Britannia, Francia, and a Catholic-ified Byzantium. And somehow Denmark. My game has come grinding to a halt because I'm not really sure what to do. My demesne is Essex, Bedford, and Constantinople. With the new outside-de-jure levy penalty in Sons of Abraham, which primary title makes sense given my demesne? The Empire's capital is currently London.

Also, what the heck should I be doing?

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
The Indian packs would look fine if they fixed the shading. As is, it makes the noses look blended into the face, which I think is what's most jarring.

Like, it looks like a 2d nose is drawn onto a 3d face. Like the characters are tattooed.

TheLoquid
Nov 5, 2008
I am a little curious about the diplo range mechanic. Does it ever expand? Does it prevent ALL diplomatic action? Is there any way someone could mod something like gradients where you are allowed to perform x actions in y range, but other options are locked out until you get closer? And does it expand from all of your provinces, or only from you demense? Like if I am England and I capture like Algericas, would I get two diplo range bubbles? It looks like a cool mechanic, but it also looks like it could have been a bit more interesting in its implementation.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Arglebargle III posted:

I'm the Norse Emperor of Britannia, Francia, and a Catholic-ified Byzantium. And somehow Denmark. My game has come grinding to a halt because I'm not really sure what to do. My demesne is Essex, Bedford, and Constantinople. With the new outside-de-jure levy penalty in Sons of Abraham, which primary title makes sense given my demesne? The Empire's capital is currently London.

You should start a new game. You won though your demene is really bad.

RonJeremysBalzac
Jul 29, 2004
I should be angry when I find that several of the provinces which revolted after a succession were conquered by foreign powers, but i'm guilty of doing the same thing to enemies all the time. :silent:

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Arglebargle III posted:

Constantinople is your capital, period. It's the best tech city you have in your empire which directly relates to vassal relations through tech which boost you levies in addition to the military tech.

At this point you have to consider what interests you. Fracturing the Catholic faith to the point that a dozen heresy pop up? World Conquest? Maybe just switch to a different ruler and tear down what you made.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Those Indian faces are amazing.

Arglebargle III posted:

Give a county or duchy to some distant family member and switch over to it.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Edison was a dick posted:

I don't see what people are complaining about, there's ugly faces in every pack. It's unrealistic for every character to be a portrait of beauty.

Yeah, looking at that portrait, he's mainly ugly because of beady eyes (which may or may not be representative of the whole pack), an enormous double chin which surely won't be on most characters, and bad facial hair which again may or may not be representative of the whole pack (the full Indian beards look pretty good). I'm not going to judge based on Maharaja Goon I there until I see some more.

I'd also agree that there should be a distinction between north Indian and Dravidian, but the skin color's already dark enough to be Dravidian so either they should make lighter skin for the northerners or just make it a distinction of clothing.

Speaking of different skin colors, there seems to be a bit of a range of skin tones in the Turkish portrait pack. Is that just my eyes playing tricks on me? I've always thought Middle Eastern people should have more of a range of skin tones. I mean ideally all cultures would but with Middle Easterners in particular I know I've seen some people that are a lot darker than what's in game and some that are barely darker than my pasty Scottish/Irish-American rear end. So that would be pretty cool if they did have something like that. That's assuming it's not my eyes and the lighting playing tricks on me, of course.

Final note, Turkish pack means that my dream of a Persian portrait pack is that much closer :dance:

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

So what I'm hearing is my current Emprah's goal should be the eviction of the Dukes of Thrace and Nikea to move myself in there, the continued Norskatholicization of Byzantium, and eventual foundation of a North Roman Empire?

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

Speaking of different skin colors, there seems to be a bit of a range of skin tones in the Turkish portrait pack. Is that just my eyes playing tricks on me? I've always thought Middle Eastern people should have more of a range of skin tones. I mean ideally all cultures would but with Middle Easterners in particular I know I've seen some people that are a lot darker than what's in game and some that are barely darker than my pasty Scottish/Irish-American rear end. So that would be pretty cool if they did have something like that. That's assuming it's not my eyes and the lighting playing tricks on me, of course.

Skin colours are actually just based on a number from 0 to 3 in one of the .txts (\common\graphicalculturetypes\00_graphicalculturetype.txt), 0 being northern european and 3 being sub-saharan african, rather than some preset in the face packs themselves. It's insanely easy to mod actually.

these are the settings for the ethnicities using the middle eastern faces if you're curious:

quote:

# Muslim

arabicgfx = {
skin_tone = 2
}
turkishgfx = {
skin_tone = 2
}
mongolgfx = {
skin_tone = 1
}
africangfx = {
skin_tone = 3
}
andalusiangfx = {
skin_tone = 1
}

bektashigfx = {
skin_tone = 2
}

hashshashingfx = {
skin_tone = 2
}

immortalsgfx = {
skin_tone = 2
}

Octavian
Mar 29, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

For Paradox people reading this thread, make it so you can parcel out lands yourself with Gevelkind. Like you have to divide evenly like the AI does, but you can choose who gets what so you aren't splitting duchies or whatever. Also make it so you can give your heir extra for massive r'ship malus and claims against him or something. I'd like to actually use gavelkind, but it kinda sucks a lot.

Also, choosing your succession if you don't have sons would be nice, or an option to disinherit lovely heirs and maybe turn him into an adventurer with claims on you..or something.

Paradox please make inheritence the focus of your next DLC and add wills to the game. It would make gavelkind fun, and would be great in primogeniture too. It would be awesome if you could negate the unlanded son penalty by giving him a county in your will, or use it to disinherit your idiot eldest son in exchange for some massive penalty.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Octavian posted:

Paradox please make inheritence the focus of your next DLC and add wills to the game. It would make gavelkind fun, and would be great in primogeniture too. It would be awesome if you could negate the unlanded son penalty by giving him a county in your will, or use it to disinherit your idiot eldest son in exchange for some massive penalty.

This this this. I've been wanting this since the start. It really shouldn't be difficult to implement. Just have a screen like the one used to nominate bishops with a list of all your titles and have you be able to assign a successor to each one. Of course that's not to say everyone would agree with your decisions. You'd certainly get succession crises, but maybe have a requirement for a certain number of your vassals to support your decisions in order for them to be enacted on your death? Otherwise everything is split as standard.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Guuuh, provincial rebellions are so bloody ridiculous now. 3000 troops is more than I can raise as a kingdom and a half, near the beginning, and then after a little while they get an event reinforcing with ANOTHER 3000.

dPB
Aug 2, 2006
Captain Awesome
So my previous emperor died during a feast and now my current character doesn't have a feast option in the intrigue menu. Does anyone know of a fix for this? I'm playing Ironman so no console unfortunately

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I haven't been paying a lot of attention to the thread recently. Is there some issue with achievements and iron man? I am not using mods, and I played one game where the tool-tip for iron man on the loading screen said the save was messed up and achievements were disabled, so I started a new game and got some achievements at first, but now I'm not getting ones that I should be andddd I have no idea why.

RonJeremysBalzac
Jul 29, 2004
I had just Restored the Kingdom of Israel and was laying the foundation for the third temple, when I got a notification to call in an ally for fighting an orthodox uprising. My nephew had become the Grandmaster of the Knights of Santiago. A Castillian Catholic. He was the third of five children, and all the others were Hungarian Jews. I wish I had paid more attention to him.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Am I a bad person for looking forward to sacrifice Hindus, Buddhists and Jainists in a great blot and being excited about the new flavor texts in the hangings?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Torrannor posted:

Am I a bad person for looking forward to sacrifice Hindus, Buddhists and Jainists in a great blot and being excited about the new flavor texts in the hangings?

I don't think I hope that viking raiders will be able to get all the way to the indian ocean, I really don't see how it can work.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

They're adding diplomatic range and something about logistics for exactly that reason.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Arglebargle III posted:

They're adding diplomatic range and something about logistics for exactly that reason.

I will simply play Rurik, make my way south through Ruthenia and Taurica, conquer Krete and Cyprus and then take the Sinai or something like that. After that I can make my way east through the Indian Ocean without trouble.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Torrannor posted:

You bring Sadhin Prajapati from the dungeons up to the place of sacrifice. To your curiosity, his eyes are focused not on you, the ropeman, or the jeering crowd of Norsemen, but the slaughtered cow you are feasting upon. A single tear rolls down his cheek as the noose is placed upon his neck. You aren't sure, but it looks like from his expression his last few moments of life is the last thing he is thinking about, but instead the beef you are consuming. The platform under his feet is let loose, and his neck instantly snaps.

[Was he hungry or something? I don't get it. Next!] Dag Rurik gains 50 prestige. Dag Rurik gains 25 piety.

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!
Oddly, I'm looking forward to the limitations on reach almost as much as I am the actual Indian content.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Bobfly posted:

Oddly, I'm looking forward to the limitations on reach almost as much as I am the actual Indian content.

Same. I was always bugged at how you could propose marriage to someone across the map to find the ideal bride in a time where many areas of Europe were so isolated. It really helps MY IMMERSION.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I'm torn. On the one side, it's pretty gamey to take a genius commoner bride from Ethipia when you're a French Count. On the other hand, accidentally converting the Netherlands to Orthodoxy is a thing that will happen way less.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Torrannor posted:

Where's your Ganesh now, hmm?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Playing as Abyssinia at the Old Gods start, what can I do besides pray that the Abassids don't come calling? I dallied too long and the Sultan of Egypt swore loyalty to the Caliph, so now it's this ginormous blob that can basically destroy me at any time. Do I have any hope of reclaiming the throne of Egypt?

Basically, my ultimate goal is, somehow, "Miaphysite HRE".

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

dPB posted:

So my previous emperor died during a feast and now my current character doesn't have a feast option in the intrigue menu. Does anyone know of a fix for this? I'm playing Ironman so no console unfortunately

I had the same problem recently. As far as I can figure, there's no way to fix it without save editing.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

After being on the forums for nearly a decade, I have finally found something fitting for an avatar

The new Turkish units and portraits look great. I wonder how CK2+ will handle the new map and all the new dudes.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Does the text/emblem on the title shield mean anything in particular?

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

double nine posted:

Does the text/emblem on the title shield mean anything in particular?

It's the om, a Hindu symbol. To copy-paste from Wikipedia: 'Hindus believe that as creation began, the divine, all-encompassing consciousness took the form of the first and original vibration manifesting as sound "OM".' It's sort of used as a general symbol for Hinduism, like the cross in Christianity or the crescent for Islam.

Bishop Rodan
Dec 5, 2011

See you in the funny papers, liebchen!

Yuck. Hopefully the Portrait Realignment Pack won't take too long to update.

double nine posted:

I don't think I hope that viking raiders will be able to get all the way to the indian ocean, I really don't see how it can work.

I'm sure they'll add the flavour text if only as an easter egg. They even have special text for Aztecs, so why not?

Bishop Rodan fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Mar 18, 2014

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Arglebargle III posted:

Byzantium as a primary title gives you the Imperial Administration bonus, which allows you to revoke duchies without an opinion penalty. For military purposes, it doesn't really matter too much, since by that time you should be able to build some hefty retinue stacks with that much territory and those aren't affected by the levy penalty. Also, as Byzantium you can set out to reform the Roman Empire, which should give you something to do for a while longer.

DrSunshine posted:

Playing as Abyssinia at the Old Gods start, what can I do besides pray that the Abassids don't come calling? I dallied too long and the Sultan of Egypt swore loyalty to the Caliph, so now it's this ginormous blob that can basically destroy me at any time. Do I have any hope of reclaiming the throne of Egypt?

Basically, my ultimate goal is, somehow, "Miaphysite HRE".

I'm pretty sure you could try swearing fealty to the Abbasids, allowing you to participate in factions and the like to destabilize them, and if Crown Authority is low enough it allows you to war against Egypt without worrying about the Caliph getting involved.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Main Paineframe posted:

Byzantium as a primary title gives you the Imperial Administration bonus, which allows you to revoke duchies without an opinion penalty. For military purposes, it doesn't really matter too much, since by that time you should be able to build some hefty retinue stacks with that much territory and those aren't affected by the levy penalty. Also, as Byzantium you can set out to reform the Roman Empire, which should give you something to do for a while longer.

Don't you have to be Orthodox to hold the Byzantine Empire title though? Or is that just a CK2+ thing?

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009
Patch notes are up!

Paradox posted:

- Children can no longer pick up the religion or culture of a guardian if the guardian does not share the religion or culture of his employer

I guess this is what ended up creating the Jewish kingdom of Mali in my Albion game. I had been wondering about that for a while now.

RonJeremysBalzac
Jul 29, 2004
They're finally blocking North Korea mode? It's about time.

Paradox posted:

Much less likely to form factions against characters they have a high opinion of.
Will no longer declare suicidal faction independence wars that only have a fraction of their liege's power.

Thank god. I got sick of dealing with independence movements perpetually at 33% when my vassal with lowest opinion is at +40

RonJeremysBalzac fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Mar 18, 2014

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Anyone know if the diplomatic range will be a set in stone, something based on stats, or can be changed by doing certain thing?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Zoinker posted:

Patch notes are up!

I guess this is what ended up creating the Jewish kingdom of Mali in my Albion game. I had been wondering about that for a while now.

How the hell can I then culture/religion-flip my heirs if I want to create a culture-specific Kingdom or a different-religion branch of my dynasty for shits-and-giggles-and oh god why did I create a reformed norse dynasty branch and gave it holdings?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Paradox posted:

- Strengthened adventurers in general
Ack, no, why?

double nine posted:

How the hell can I then culture/religion-flip my heirs if I want to create a culture-specific Kingdom or a different-religion branch of my dynasty for shits-and-giggles-and oh god why did I create a reformed norse dynasty branch and gave it holdings?!?

They supposed to be adding a 1/lifetime conversion decision.

• Locked thread