Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

TasogareNoKagi posted:

The manga serialization and one of the spin offs was picked up in the US. Expected to release in the 2nd half of 2014.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-07-15/seven-seas-licenses-girls-und-panzer-arpeggio-of-blue-steel-strike-witches-manga

Garupan and Arpeggio of Blue Steel next year? Yay. :neckbeard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
The manga really isn't very good- the artist is pretty bad at drawing people.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
If I'm reading this poster correctly, the Anzio OVA is coming out September 25th.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
It says the live event DVD is going on sale on September 9th. The OVA is still TBA.

Edit:
This is the DVD/Blu-ray going on sale on that date.

Zettace fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jul 20, 2013

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
THis may seem like a dumb question, but what is a live-event DVD? Is that just a recording of the Garupan-themed events mentioned earlier?

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
A live event is when the voice actors go do a special event, usually a concert or a comedy show. In this case, it's the voice actors performing their ending song and doing some live talk.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
The first English-language promo is out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy80FhOJQG8

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its too bad the english VA pool is so small. It's not as bad as the k-on! dubs at least

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

I hope that was supposed to be Saori. I think its a decent fit; I couldn't help but laugh even louder hearing the whole "Tankery makes you a more beautiful woman and awesome wife" in English. :allears:

I really hope Yukari's English VA is really good, she sold a lot of scenes with her enthusiasm, :unsmith:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Unless the English dub has random German, it just won't be the same.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

So Bandai has this countdown for a game -

http://newtitle02.bngames.net/

Each day they've been adding a new animal to the countdown, and so far they correspond to the GuP tank teams. Obviously speculation is leaning heavily towards this being a GuP game.

In other news the event where they're finally going to reveal more information about the OVA is tomorrow.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

aers posted:

So Bandai has this countdown for a game -

http://newtitle02.bngames.net/

Each day they've been adding a new animal to the countdown, and so far they correspond to the GuP tank teams. Obviously speculation is leaning heavily towards this being a GuP game.

In other news the event where they're finally going to reveal more information about the OVA is tomorrow.

Possibly related to World of tanks maybe? or a different game do you think?

aers
Feb 15, 2012

I doubt it. Probably a Vita game or something similar.

Today's update went from 3 animals to all 8 and if it isn't a GuP game then this is the biggest coincidence.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Anteaters and Mallards (distinct from ducks) are not the most popular of animals, and I've never even heard of a Leopon before looking it up right now. Something GuP-related is guaranteed.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

It's a Vita game
http://garupan-game.bngames.net/

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

Might as well go home, I don't think anything in the next 2 days of Katsucon is going to top this:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

TasogareNoKagi posted:

Might as well go home, I don't think anything in the next 2 days of Katsucon is going to top this:

That right there is true love.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
The Anzio OVA will screen in twelve Japanese theaters on July 5.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-02-09/girls-and-panzer-anzio-anime-unveils-july-5-date-and-designs

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00IIEERM2/
Blu-ray releases 2014/07/25. Selling really well.

Joachim1167
Feb 24, 2014
Nothing like an anime to get you back into modelmaking after a 5-year hiatus. :) Two gankers and bait so far.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Judging by the marks on the table, they're 1/35? You didn't include anything for scale.

They look pretty good! Are those the official kits with decals? I want to do the pink STuG.

Joachim1167
Feb 24, 2014
Ya, they are the official kits in 1/35 scale. Got a couple more ordered from Japan (the Panzer IV(H) and the Type 3 Chi-Nu). Hope they'll be here in a week or two. I'm planning to do Kampfgruppe Miho as configured during their victory parade.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Joachim1167 posted:

Ya, they are the official kits in 1/35 scale. Got a couple more ordered from Japan (the Panzer IV(H) and the Type 3 Chi-Nu). Hope they'll be here in a week or two. I'm planning to do Kampfgruppe Miho as configured during their victory parade.

Do you take commissions? I have the pzIV sitting around with no chance of getting done.
I bought it to display with the matching nendoroid and realized It was way out of my comfort zone.
This

it comes with a turret scaled to the Platz models.

Joachim1167
Feb 24, 2014

Fauxtool posted:

Do you take commissions? I have the pzIV sitting around with no chance of getting done.
I bought it to display with the matching nendoroid and realized It was way out of my comfort zone.

No commissions for the near future. Between my job, a small side business and my own projects, I don't have any time. It took me 2-3 weeks on each of the models I posted.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
So before I open a bottle of wine and watch this poo poo. Are we sure there aren't many pantie shots and moe poo poo?

Joachim1167
Feb 24, 2014
I've re-watched it a few time. Haven't noticed any panty shots. Lotsa moe though. :)

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Oh god now I am hesitant. How much is lots? And how much does the History club show up cause STuG LYFE

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
you sort of have to bulldoze through the moe stuff. It trails off and gets replaced by entertainingly silly tank action more and more as the series goes along (not to say it ever goes away entirely, because this is a moe show, but it becomes a lot more bearable after an unpromising beginning).

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
You should stick with this show, nearly every episode is better than the one that came before it.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
loving sold. Now which wine goes best with moe?

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Herr Tog posted:

Malbec.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Herr Tog posted:

Super sweet and ridiculous for grown men to be endulging in - Moscato d'Asti.

Joachim1167
Feb 24, 2014

Herr Tog posted:

Definitely something light and fruity. Sutter Home White Zinfandel is pretty good.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Joachim1167 posted:

I've re-watched it a few time. Haven't noticed any panty shots. Lotsa moe though. :)

There aren't any because the director yelled at the animation staff every episode to cut that poo poo out. Not even joking.

quote:

According to the Tweet of director Mizushima Tsutomu, he noticed that some animators of Girls und Panzer have been struggling to show pantsu of the characters although Mizushima had promised that there would be no pantsu shown in the anime. He said he will enforce the discipline of the staff to suppress the "resistance", but he would like to praise the courage if someone manages to insert pantsu scenes.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

AnacondaHL posted:

Super sweet and ridiculous for grown men to be endulging in - Moscato d'Asti.

Joachim1167 posted:

Definitely something light and fruity. Sutter Home White Zinfandel is pretty good.

YOU ARE TEARING ME APART MOE~~~

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

aers posted:

There aren't any because the director yelled at the animation staff every episode to cut that poo poo out. Not even joking.

I have to wonder what is wrong with the anime industry if the director has to force the staff not to include schoolgirl underwear shots.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Dr Pepper posted:

I have to wonder what is wrong with the anime industry if the director has to force the staff not to include schoolgirl underwear shots.

You have to really love anime to be a grunt animator with how lovely the pay and work is so a lot of them are otaku.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
In fairness, Walt Disney himself had to deal with the same thing.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Nerds are gross, regardless of space/time location

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum

Fauxtool posted:

This

it comes with a turret scaled to the Platz models.

PM me, I might be willing depending on the precise details.

• Locked thread