Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Spiteski posted:

I imagine the typical knowing look between Tyreese and Carol, both with grim expressions, averting their gaze quickly, followed by "the girls didn't make it"

Then it will never be mentioned again.

They can also just say nothing. No one's going to be a dick and push them for details about how the two little girls died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
It's not like anyone knew the girls were ever with them, so no one would ask them.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Wizard Master posted:

This is harmless risk. Only if you're brave and shameless enough. Taking whiffs of girl's butts in public places, can ya do it?

One easy place to start is at a strip club. Quite simple to do with the dancers. Whenever any of them talk to you, just ask "can I smell your butt?" To sweeten the deal, promise them that you'll buy a lap dance or two after they've turned around and let you smell their butt.

I don't see that as a challenge, but for first timers that's a good way to get your nose wet and gain a little confidence.

Another semi-safe way to get going is to start with girls you already know in some capacity. A friend, or someone you see and speak with on a fairly regular basis.

It's easy to steer the conversation. Say you're talking about new year's resolutions. Most common is diet and exercise. And then you always talk about yourself and how much weight you need to lose and how much firming up you need to do. And then you blurt out "I'm so jealous of you. Your butt is PERFECT. Everytime I see it I want to just spread jelly on it and eat breakfast". Or something of a lesser sort if you're not that brave yet.

But if you steer it right, now you've got the door open to talk about her butt just a little more. Take it where you want it.

The hardest butts to sniff are those on girls that you don't know and won't speak to. You'll just sniff them.
I did it once in a video store. When you see someone browsing the wall slowly and moving in your direction, drop down into a squat and start reading the backs of the video covers on the bottom shelf.

If she stops near you, simply do the side shuffle and move very slightly closer to her. If she's already stopped right next to you, everything is set. If you see her preoccupied with looking at a video, take your chance to kind of lean in her direction and get your face as near to her butt as you dare. Close your eyes and inhale deeply.

Be creative, there are many variations and ways to do it. In fact, I'll give you another freebie right now.
In most stores they have things on the top shelf that are difficult to reach, and the sales associates use step ladders to get them for you.

Identify an item, select a fine sales associate, and request her assistance with retrieving the item. "Hold" the ladder for her like a good gentleman, off to one side with one hand on the ladder is best. And then don't miss your opportunity when buttocks pass nose level.

Duly noted :thumbsup:

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Wizard Master posted:

This is harmless risk. Only if you're brave and shameless enough. Taking whiffs of girl's butts in public places, can ya do it?

Just keep looking at the flowers, Wizard Master. Just keep looking.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Wizard Master posted:

One easy place to start is at a strip club. Quite simple to do with the dancers. Whenever any of them talk to you, just ask "can I smell your butt?" To sweeten the deal, promise them that you'll buy a lap dance or two after they've turned around and let you smell their butt.

I don't see that as a challenge, but for first timers that's a good way to get your nose wet and gain a little confidence.

Another semi-safe way to get going is to start with girls you already know in some capacity. A friend, or someone you see and speak with on a fairly regular basis.

It's easy to steer the conversation. Say you're talking about new year's resolutions. Most common is diet and exercise. And then you always talk about yourself and how much weight you need to lose and how much firming up you need to do. And then you blurt out "I'm so jealous of you. Your butt is PERFECT. Everytime I see it I want to just spread jelly on it and eat breakfast". Or something of a lesser sort if you're not that brave yet.

But if you steer it right, now you've got the door open to talk about her butt just a little more. Take it where you want it.

The hardest butts to sniff are those on girls that you don't know and won't speak to. You'll just sniff them.
I did it once in a video store. When you see someone browsing the wall slowly and moving in your direction, drop down into a squat and start reading the backs of the video covers on the bottom shelf.

If she stops near you, simply do the side shuffle and move very slightly closer to her. If she's already stopped right next to you, everything is set. If you see her preoccupied with looking at a video, take your chance to kind of lean in her direction and get your face as near to her butt as you dare. Close your eyes and inhale deeply.

Be creative, there are many variations and ways to do it. In fact, I'll give you another freebie right now.
In most stores they have things on the top shelf that are difficult to reach, and the sales associates use step ladders to get them for you.

Identify an item, select a fine sales associate, and request her assistance with retrieving the item. "Hold" the ladder for her like a good gentleman, off to one side with one hand on the ladder is best. And then don't miss your opportunity when buttocks pass nose level.

This still doesn't explain who set off the prison alarm or why Maggie was sleeping next to an icecream truck surrounded by zombies.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

AndyElusive posted:

This still doesn't explain who set off the prison alarm or why Maggie was sleeping next to an icecream truck surrounded by zombies.

We've already established that zombies love eating ice cream almost as much as they like eating people and she was looking for pets but got overwhelmed by the number of zombies arriving for their daily treat of ice cream and decided to hide under dead zombies for camouflage. Don't you even read the thread?

I thought we also agreed that it was Judith who set off the prison alarm using telekinesis from Lori's uteris. Although after seeing that dog, I'm kinda thinking he did it.

Bored fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Mar 18, 2014

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Bored posted:

We've already established that zombies love eating ice cream almost as much as they like eating people and she was looking for pets but got overwhelmed by the number of zombies arriving for their daily treat of ice cream and decided to hide under dead zombies for camouflage. Don't you even read the thread?

I thought we also agreed that it was Judith who set off the prison alarm using telekinesis from Lori's uteris. Although after seeing that dog, I'm kinda thinking he did it.

The governor snuck in and set off the alarm.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Who stole the van in season 1?

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Good job not answering the Beth kidnapping plotline, guess the writers just forgot about it.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Austrian mook posted:

Good job not answering the Beth kidnapping plotline, guess the writers just forgot about it.

Or they didn't, and we're not meant to know. It's almost like hosed Up poo poo happens in the apocalypse sometimes, and sometimes that hosed Up poo poo is left unresolved, because it's hosed Up poo poo.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Wizard of Smart posted:

Or they didn't, and we're not meant to know. It's almost like hosed Up poo poo happens in the apocalypse sometimes, and sometimes that hosed Up poo poo is left unresolved, because it's hosed Up poo poo.

First, I was making a joke, and there's absolutely 100% no loving way they leave this unresolved. Did they do that with the Gubner? Or, anything else they've set up in the show so far? Secondly, that's just horrible writing. Is that the end of Beth's character? Just kidnapped, almost offscreen?

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Props to the show for daring to do this plot twist. I'm also glad the news sites do not appear to be full of disgruntled shocked parent who condemn this sort of TV. Kids dying on TV is no longer taboo.

This wasn't pointless violence either (well it WAS pointless, but not pointless violence because there was... a point)but a really good example of a mentally sick person (child). And sometimes there is no way to rationally explain their behaviour.

Earlier someone asked if the reason they cut up the group like this was to save money. Indirectly I think episodes like these are cheaper, but mainly because they are faster to produce. Smaller teams lead to less waiting times.

Also hard to tell if the cast of a show is paid per episode, or per working day. I believe main cast, who feature in the credits without even appearing are definitely paid per season.
If you compare to Game of Thrones : They have multiple storylines and many actors haven't even met eachother on set. So they have different production crews doing their thing. This vastly increases shooting speed which is necessary to deliver a new series every year with that kind of production value.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Whatever moral panic there is over this episode is dumb. Way worse poo poo has happened to children over the course of the dozens of Law and Order spin offs and poo poo. Here it didn't seem forced or exploitative, the narrative earned it and it was some of the tightest and most affecting writing the show has had in its entire run. There was nothing cathartic or titillating about the terrible poo poo that happened, and the payoff with the confession and extremely grudging absolution was really good.

I kept meaning to show my girlfriend Bad Lip Reading: Walking Dead and finally remembered after this episode. I think it was exactly the kind of decompression we needed. poo poo was grim.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Well, this episode has just reinforced my belief that Carol is the Best Character.

spikenigma
Nov 13, 2005

by Ralp
:geno: How could you? There must have been another way with Lizzie. Especially after your actions at the prison. God dammit, COOOOORL!
Carl: Yes, dad?
:geno: No. COOOOOORL!
Daryl: Yeah, there's some coal in the barn just over there. Should keep us warm.
:geno: No, you don't understand. It's COOOOOORL!
Michonne: yes, the Terminus is pretty cooool after all we've been through.
:geno: No seriously, COOOOOORL!
Maggie: Yes, we should corral those deer into a corner in order to catch them for food.
.......7 minutes later.............
group: ah!, CAROL. You want us to deal with Carol.

I laugh to hide the disturbingnes of the episode :smith:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

So it just occurred to me that there are now no Woodbury characters left. They really did just use them as meat shields this season.

Ned
May 23, 2002

by Hand Knit

Wizard of Smart posted:

Calling it now, they get to the state line to find that there's been a giant wall erected and it's only Georgia infected. Instead of trying to cure it, the rest of the world sent messages that it was global so they wouldn't try to leave before cutting contact, and sealed it off.

I'm pretty sure if it was a global initiative they'd have made the smart decision and tacked on Florida as well.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I've always wondered how, like New Zealand or something or Japan didn't manage to go uninfected.

E: At least like, the Camen Islands

Andrew Verse
Mar 30, 2011

Austrian mook posted:

I've always wondered how, like New Zealand or something or Japan didn't manage to go uninfected.

You can't escape space radiation from Venus by hiding on an island.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
That is what I liked most about Jericho : The USA got into this huge Post Nuclear Holocaust Civil War, and the rest of the world just decided to close all borders and let things run their course.
This was also something the cast/viewers learned about in season two.

Too bad they canceled it, but a very similar premise is happening in Under the Dome.

I really hope somewhere in the TWD universe large groups of people have managed to form "civilized" communities. Perhaps this won't be explored by Rick & Co but is more something for the Spinoff to explore.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Austrian mook posted:

Madagascar. :haw:

Over-under on Terminus being another Woodbury-esque poo poo-show?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
It's just going to be a zoo filled with zombies. Lizzie was right all along and the only way to survive is to become a walker.

On another note, why doesn't Tyreese's baby look anything like him? Talk about bad casting.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

Otisburg posted:

I really want them to do something clever and not that, but I almost feel like it's pre-destined to hit the same beats as the comic (surviving in the wild -> new town/community -> group decides they can't just chill the gently caress out, everything goes to hell -> repeat forever).

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Otisburg posted:

Madagascar. :haw:

They haven't done cannibals yet so my bet is that is the terrible secret of this community. :chef:

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I wonder, when it does, how this show is going to end?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Montage to REMs Everybody Hurts showing the characters dying and or turning with the final horde of leads shambling past to the you're not alone final bridge.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Austrian mook posted:

It's gonna get canceled and you'll never know what happens to Carl's daughter after she was forced to put down her fiancee due to a wedding night heart attack.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I hope Terminus is a ghost train, we haven't had many ghosts since Lori. Not nearly enough Frankensteins or Draculas either

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Austrian mook posted:

Season 16, on the eve of Carl's re-election as president of New America.

They solve the zombie crisis in season 7. Seasons 8-12 are about cleaning up, putting down the roving groups of cannibals and bandits, rebuilding a capital city, and beginning a new political, social, and economic era. Seasons 13-16 cover Carl's first term where he has to centralize power and begin to establish foreign relations with other states in reconstruction. The final episode takes place during the retirement ceremony of Five Star General Daryl Dixon.

"You've served your country well, General Dixon."
"Ah, mah time is up. I ain't your lackey no more."
"Daryl... You also served your friends well."
"Cut that poo poo out."
"So, what do you think you'll do now that you have some free time?"
"You know, I think I'll go... camping."
The two share a laugh, then embrace.
<guitar riff>
<fade to black>

Post-credit scene is Daryl being eaten by a zombie, played by Robert Kirkman.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Wizard of Smart posted:

The governor snuck in and set off the alarm.

Well, I did say I think the dog did it. And the dog is the were-form of the governor. You can tell 'cause he's missing the same eye.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T55ArHjeR1c

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
Has anyone said Of Mika and Men?

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Crankit posted:

Has anyone said Of Mika and Men?

lol.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

MeLKoR posted:

They haven't done cannibals yet so my bet is that is the terrible secret of this community. :chef:
So that giant fire is just a really awesome human-pickin bbq? Sign me up.

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.

Bored posted:

I agree. It also fits well with something people might be forced to do in that world. There are going to be people that can't survive in that fictional world where it would be kinder to kill them than to leave them behind. I promise I wasn't saying it was bad. I was also very sad that during the first airing of the show, nobody else was quoting "of mice and men". Although, I did find out, when talking to someone else about it today, that not everybody has read the book. I probably personally wouldn't have read it if not for it being assigned reading for highschool freshmen English. It's a great book though and everyone should read it.

The performances in this episode were also fantastic. Like, I hate when they interview Carol's actress because she seems to have trouble finding the words to describe her opinions. But gently caress, if she isn't an amazing actress. I'm guessing some of that is due to having a hard time expressing herself in regular life.

Edit: John Malkovich is one actor who can go "full retard" and come out unscathed.

I was getting total "of mice and men" flashbacks while watching that scene. It's a shame that wasn't the book they were reading (as opposed to Tom Sawyer).
http://youtu.be/5Ddap2Pyhtw

Gianthogweed fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Mar 19, 2014

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

It would have been way too on the nose to actually explicitly name the book they were paying homage to.

HowPeculiar
Feb 6, 2014

I may look like a seal
But I'm actually a cancerous sperm cell.

You don't wanna jizz with me.
I actually cheered when Carol shot Lizzie. I was expecting some prissy self-sacrifice from carol where she walks off with her, probably to be killed by walkers or Lizzie herself. I was screaming at my screen "JUST SHOOT HER" when they were walking away and then she actually did. That bitch was loving crazy.

I don't believe in the death penalty in any civilised society. But society collapsed a long time ago, and she was a liability.

HowPeculiar fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Mar 19, 2014

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Everyone should read the pages of this thread right after the episode ended so we don't need to do this again.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Has anyone mentioned yet how the scenes in the last episode were similar to of nice and men?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

messagemode1 posted:

Has anyone mentioned yet how the scenes in the last episode were similar to of nice and men?

You just blew my mind.

• Locked thread