Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Chapter the Tenth: The Gauntlet, part 2.
April 18, 2019-May 5, 2019

Dear video game gods, I'd really like to win the next five matches and earn automatic promotion so that I don't have to make an eleventh chapter titled “The Gauntlet, Part 3.” Thanks.

We're both managers leading newly promoted teams. I'm on the verge of promotion to the Premier League, you're struggling to avoid relegation. I don't think you should be casting such aspersions.

vs. Chesterfield, April 20, 2019
Championship

This is a Saturday afternoon game, and we have a Monday afternoon game in two days. I have no idea who decided that was a good idea, the entire league is playing twice in three days, but it's dumb.

Starting Formation: 4-5-1 Attack
Starting 11: Higgs, Siegrist, Todd, Lewis, Mejasic, Holland, Bailey, Tedesco, Gorman, Mujkic, Harrison (c).
Subs: Love, Vaillant, Poole, Troelsen, Shirra, Coulson, Pym.

Other than one brief moment where Chesterfield won a corner, we're in control until the break. We're only ahead by one, however, due to our constant companion Poor Finishing. It nearly makes us pay yet again in the second half, when Chesterfield are able to find some gumption and put together some nice offensive movement of their own after another Dragon's opportunity goes begging. That it doesn't hurt us is as much luck as skill, and I am not at all pleased when the team tromps back into the lockers after a win that was closer than it had any right to be.

Man of the Match: Stewart Lewis

Wrexham 1-0 Chesterfield

Brentford lose. If QPR doesn't win out and we do, we earn promotion.

Bailey's been a reliable player for us, he's getting re-signed after the season regardless of whether we get promoted. We'll miss him during the four final fixtures.

vs. Sheffield United, April 22, 2019
Championship

Everyone is exhausted, on both teams. That should advantage us, I've built a deep enough team that I can change out every single starter from the last game without a huge dropoff in ability, but we won't know until we play the game.

Starting Formation: 4-5-1 Attack.
Starting 11: Higgs, Peters, Vaillant, Poole (c), Garuti, Troelsen, Shirra, Djurovic, Rainey, Coulson, Pym.
Subs: Love, Siegrist, Todd, Holland, Gorman, Mujkic, Harrison.

The game starts exactly as you'd hope if you were introducing someone to the sport. Both teams fly up and down the field, exchanging shots and making the crowd shout. It's almost enough to make me ignore the awful, awful green on yellow text that describes Sheffield's actions on the field in the game engine. Shirra opens the scoring at the half hour mark with his second goal this month, and it's a beauty. Coulson doubles that advantage thirty minutes later when he's well positioned for a rebound. That second goal reduces the rate at which I'm shoveling antacids into my mouth on the sideline until Sheffield gives me acute arrhythmia when they get back within a shout with twelve minutes still on the clock. Yet again there's a stoppage time goal, but this time it's ours as Pym nails down the three points.

Man of the Match: Tom Pym.

Wrexham 3-1 Sheffield United

We still don't have our fate in our own hands, QPR is a point up and has as many games left to play as we do. More intriguingly, Sunderland have forced their way up to fourth place. Our final game might become a de facto playoff if Sunderland wins their next match while Brentford and QPR falter.

A whole four days before our next match? Wow! Whatever will my players do with themselves? Yoga, massage, and stints in the hot tub if I have anything to say about it. This season ain't over yet, and I need them limber and rested for the grand finale.

At Birmingham City, April 27, 2019
Championship

Eleven of the last fifteen assists from Birmingham's opponents have come against their right back. That, coincidentally, is who has to deal with Mujkic. I think we have a comparative advantage. Meanwhile, Sunderland is at home against QPR. I'll be keeping close track of that score.

Starting Formation: 4-5-1 Attack.
Starting 11: Higgs, Siegrist, Todd, Lewis, Mejasic, Simpson (c), Shirra, Djurovic, Gorman, Mujkic, Harrison.
Subs: Love, Garuti, Vaillant, Holland, Tedesco, Coulson, Pym.

We waste chance after chance until Gorman tires of watching would be assists carom off the crossbar and scores his own damned self in first half stoppage time. It saves the players from an epic tongue lashing at the break, but I still make my disappointment known despite our lead. It doesn't prevent Birmingham from equalizing with a well struck effort from distance for which I can only fault our defense moderately.

A draw wouldn't be so bad, and would still leave us with a chance at promotion based upon how the other matches around the league are playing out, but the run of improbable drama continues. In the final minute Siegrist attempts two short passes that bounce off of a Birmingham player not five yards from him, and it's sheer luck that both come right back to him. When the ball comes back a second time Siegrist, apparently frustrated with the materiality of the defender he was trying to pass through, just hoofs it across the entire field to a waiting Mujkic. Mujkic acts as if he knew Siegrist was always going to pass to him, and sidles the ball to a steaming Djurovic, the man of the hour. Djurovic rockets the ball into the net, and we win a vital game in the 93rd minute of a 90 minute game.

I may have been wroth at the players for not taking firm control of the lead the last time I entered the locker room, but I'm ecstatic as I relay news of QPR's loss to Sunderland. Once again the season boils down to win, and we're in.

Birmingham 1-2 Wrexham

If we're going to make it to the top of the pyramid we're going to have to do it without our two most constant contributors.

This was coming for a long while. They've lead the league since January.

No matter what happens, we'll have the playoffs to look forward to. At this point, though, I want more. I want promotion. I want it so bad I can taste it.

At Burnley, April 30, 2019
Championship

A victory here makes our lives so much easier. QPR is playing as well and can still pass us if they win and we draw or lose. They're at home against Wolves, who are just above the relegation line and will be playing their hardest to stay up but still won't be that tough to beat. A loss would also leave us tied with Sunderland and needing to win at the Stadium of Light to pass them on the table due to their superior goal differential. We can't afford to pull any punches at mid-table Burnley.

Starting Formation: 4-5-1 Attack
Starting 11: Higgs, Peters, Todd, Lewis, Garuti, Troelsen, Holland, Tedesco, Coulson, Mujkic (c), Pym.
Subs: Love, Mejasic, Vaillant, Poole, Djurovic, Gorman, Harrison.

It's apparent from the start that a Wrexham triumph is not the most likely outcome of the match, as Burnley come at us with a purpose. I spend most of the match trying to keep our defense from conceding and hoping for a lucky strike. Every minute or two Burnley looks dangerous again, and I'm fretting on the sideline. They finally break through in the 69th minute. There are no last minute miracles today, our last ray of hope extinguished when Coulson misses a wide open net in stoppage time. Nothing is ever easy.

Burnley 1-0 Wrexham

Mujkic deserves this reaction. He was poor and showed no leadership when we needed him most. We're fortunate that QPR lost as well, it means that with a win at Sunderland we still earn promotion.

My stockpiling of central midfielders is paying off. He's the third to go down during the final stretch.

No surprise there, this game will decide who gets promoted. If we win, it's us. If we lose, it's Sunderland. If we draw, and Brentford wins, it's Brentford. If we draw and Brentford doesn't win, it's Sunderland. Brentford is the other televised game, so I'm sure supporters will have eyes on both games at the pub.

I must have been in Wales for too long to be wanting a sheepskin jacket. Or I'm becoming middle-aged. Quick, how do I feel about motorcycles?

At Sunderland, May 4, 2019
Championship

All we have to do is win.

Starting Formation: 4-5-1 Counter
Starting 11: Higgs, Siegrist, Todd, Lewis, Mejasic, Troelsen, Shirra, Djurovic, Gorman, Mujkic, Harrison (c).
Subs: Love, Garuti, Vaillant, Poole, Holland, Coulson, Pym.

The first half is is extraordinarily even, we have a slight edge but Harrison takes a nagging injury early and isn't able to get in position when Shirra makes a great solo effort early on. Shirra's not done, though, showing pure inspiration with a shot made while backpeddling away from the goal from 20 yards out after a clearance gone awry by Sunderland just before the half. We're ahead, and all we need to do is see out this game to get to the promised land.

Sunderland realizes what's at stake as well, using all three of substitutions early in an effort to fight their way back into the match. I pull the ailing Harrison for Pym in the 64th minute, but beyond that show faith in my players to win us the game. They don't let me down, Meteor finds our target man in the 71st minute on a counter attack, and we're up two-nil with twenty minutes remaining to destiny. Sunderland know it, and seal their own fate by getting a player sent off short minutes after Pym's goal. We've earned promotion. We're going to be playing in the Premier League. And these goals are now treasured by every supporter in Wrexham.

Man of the Match: Scott Shirra

Sunderland 0-2 Wrexham

I told you Scott Shirra would be worth every penny of his transfer fee!

We're going to the hot damned diggity Premier League! YEE-HAW!

This is a complete lie. I'm shocked by this outcome. Going into this month I figured we would make the playoffs, and then lose there.

I did not expect this at all. It might be my single greatest accomplishment as a Football Manager. Our best player missed a third of the season. Our best striker was inconsistent, as was his backup. Our captain wasn't suited for this level of play. Our fullbacks were mediocre to terrible. We had four or five players who didn't even speak English. And yet somehow we finished second. I'm not even going to worry about what comes next, I'm just going to submit to this glorious wave of dopamine.

Season Contest

We had a total of seven players come to me with complaints this season: Siegrist, Rainey, Higgs, Todd, Simpson, Mujkic, and Love. CVE, Reveilled, and Sky Shadowing all chose seven. I rolled a die after assigning two numbers to each person, and Reveilled won. Let me know what you want. As a word of caution, the last two winners have seen their favorite club be gifted £50m only to dividend it all to the club owner, and had their favorite club be given a wonderkid prospect who was sold nearly immediately for a paltry £400,000. So bear in mind AI stupidity when making your wish.

:siren:BOARD VOTE:siren:

Good afternoon. It is time to vote on the wage budget and other matters. First, let me present the club financials as per usual, and we will proceed to the vote.

Expenditures were up significantly this year, across all areas. The largest increase was seen in salary costs. Player salaries rose over £2m pounds, while non-soccer staff salaries rose £1.5m. We also saw a drastic increase in match day expenses, and in agent fees. All told, we are on pace to have outflows of £14,000,000 this season, £6,000,000 greater than the previous season.

Income was also up by a great deal this year, although not enough to offset the rise in expenses. The largest increase was from television rights, which were £2.3m greater than last season. Television rights will bring in roughly £20m next season. Regarding this season we are likely to see total income amount to £12.8m, or £5m greater than the previous season.

The end result of a £1m gap in expenditure and income is that we currently sit at a deficit of £550,000. This will be the first year of my tenancy that we will finish a season in debt. When taking into account future Premier League revenue streams, we would make a profit of roughly £25m next year without any changes to our wages or expenses.

VOTE 1: Wage/Transfer Budget

(Smoothly) We won promotion while spending just over £6m on player wages (£117k/wk). That was the third lowest total in the Championship. The two teams below us in wages finished 18th and 21st. Our current wage/transfer cap is set to £6.9m annually, or £133k a week.

The lowest wages belonged to Norwich City at £29m (£558k/wk). I realize such an amount is a huge increase, but I officially request a combined wage/transfer budget of £26m (£500k/wk).

A) We're half a million in the red and you want to plow even more money into the payroll? Harrumph. You can have a limit of £10.4m/yr, so that we can say we have eight figure wages just like everyone but the ultra rich clubs spending over £100m a year. (Budget set at £10,400,000 a year, or £200,000 per week.)
B) It would be disastrous if we raised wages too high and too fast, only to end up getting relegated and become a financial basket case. We agree to somewhat higher wages, £18.2m/yr, but feel that we cannot in good conscience grant your full request. (Budget set at £18,200,000 a year, or £350,000 a per week)
C) We see the point you're making, but want to remind you that even at the end of the season we were drawing fewer than 9,000 people to the stands. We will approve £26m a year. Don't make us regret it. (Budget set at £26,000,000 a year, or £500,000 per week)

VOTE 2: Feeder Club

(Calmly) Now that we've reached the Premier League, it is time to consider whether or not we should find a feeder team with a high level of play that will allow us to send young prospects not yet ready for first team action on loan. We also have the option of finding a club in another European Union nation with lax foreign player rules and short waiting periods before eligibility for citizenship, in order to avoid the draconian work permit requirements in England.

A) We still have those links with semi-pro Welsh clubs, right? Why wouldn't those work for anyone who needs to get playing time? (No new feeder club)
B) Tell me more about subverting English labor law. (Look for a foreign feeder club that would allow us to naturalize non-EU players)
C) Is Norwich available to link with? No? Well, find us a link in the Championship. (Look for a domestic feeder club where we can send young players without a spot in the first team for further development)

VOTE 3: Training Facilities

(Equanimously) Our senior team training facilities have gone from very good to merely above average. As we reach the highest rungs of professional play, it might behoove us to upgrade them. I believe that upgrading would be the right decision, but don't feel strongly on the matter.

A) They're already very good, and would be a huge expense for the club. No. (No improvements)
B) Nothing but the best for our boys. I know just the contractor who'll give us a good price. (Improvements made, price currently unknown but likely around £1m)

VOTE 4: Scouting Range

(Assertively) We're going to be a Premier League club. The Premier League contains the best players from around the world. In order to find our fair share of them we must expand our scouting beyond Europe.

A) You only just started scouting Europe! You don't need to go wasting our money in Buenos Aires hunting for the next Joaquin Morales. (Scouting Range remains the same)
B) I call first dibs on going to scout the Flamenco games during Carnivale! (Scouting Range expanded to Worldwide)

Voting will close March 19 at 5pm EST.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Mar 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

habeasdorkus posted:

As a word of caution, the last two winners have seen their favorite club be gifted £50m only to dividend it all to the club owner, and had their favorite club be given a wonderkid prospect who was sold nearly immediately for a paltry £400,000. So bear in mind AI stupidity when making your wish.

I kind of assumed this would happen, but at least he will help Scotland out. :allears:

Also holy loving poo poo, that's probably the best season I have ever seen someone play in the Championship, well loving done! :stare:

Voting: BBBB

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
First off, congratulations on the promotion.

1. B. We need to safeguard against relegation. If we stay up and remain flush with that Premier League cash, we can increase our budget again.
2. C. Let's start by looking for domestic feeder clubs. When we stay up for a bit we'll expand the program.
3. B. Yeah, expanding facilities sounds fair.
4. A. Let's stick with just Europe for the next year or so. We're still a small club. Once we establish ourselves in the Premier League a bit more, we'll expand our scouting range further.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

Also, wait a minute, does this mean there are three Welsh teams in the Premier League? If so that's hilarious.

zeesik
Nov 30, 2010
Grimey Drawer
That's amazing. Never thought you would win an auto promotion spot! Congratulations! Now how big is the gap between Wrexham and the lowest premier league club in terms of money?

Voting

B
B
B
B

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
1. C. Got up, stay up.
2. B. I fully approve of subverting any and all laws.
3. B. Build it out of gold.
4. B. Bring me the greatest North Korean striker to ever play the game!

Disproportionation
Feb 20, 2011

Oh god it's the Clone Saga all over again.
What.

If this were real I'd have no doubt it'd be going down in the history books.

Voting BCBA

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Goddamn. I thought just surviving in the championship would be a good season, and you've managed promotion. I know that normally I play the role of "No money for you" guy, but after that performance, you have to get something.

1: C
Better to go into the red our first season in the Premier League and stay up, than stay in the black and go down. You get your money.

2: B
We have no real shot at getting the best young kids, the ones who are going to qualify for work permits, so a way to get that second tier of kids European citizenship is incredibly useful. Hell, if we're really lucky, we might manage to get a Belgian or Croatian team that plays in Europe anyways.

3: A
I think an improvement would be nice, but with the budget I've voted for, I doubt the club has the money for both. If we stay up, maybe next year.

4: B
Go check out the other leagues in South America. Sure, the best kids come from Brazil and Argentina, but you can find some good young players for cheap, if you're willing to look hard enough.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

habeasdorkus posted:

We had a total of seven players come to me with complaints this season: Siegrist, Rainey, Higgs, Todd, Simpson, Mujkic, and Love. CVE, Reveilled, and Sky Shadowing all chose seven. I rolled a die after assigning two numbers to each person, and Reveilled won. Let me know what you want. As a word of caution, the last two winners have seen their favorite club be gifted £50m only to dividend it all to the club owner, and had their favorite club be given a wonderkid prospect who was sold nearly immediately for a paltry £400,000. So bear in mind AI stupidity when making your wish.

Hot diggity drat! Before I make my wish, can I see the current state of the Scottish Premier League, and any info you can give me on Partick Thistle?

And goddamn that was an impressive run up the table, I'm glad the competition was for grumpy players and not final place because I'd have guessed we'd finish in the upper reaches of the bottom half. Congratulations!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

zeesik posted:

That's amazing. Never thought you would win an auto promotion spot! Congratulations! Now how big is the gap between Wrexham and the lowest premier league club in terms of money?

At the moment? Gigantic. But the money we'll get from TV rights and where we finish will keep us competitive. Our revenue is going to triple.

A Tartan Tory posted:

Also, wait a minute, does this mean there are three Welsh teams in the Premier League? If so that's hilarious.

Yeah. I'm tempted to get Wrexham well established in the EPL and then go take over Newport County. Sadly I can't make the EPL 25% Welsh as Merthyr Town isn't playable under the default settings I started the game with.

Zeroisanumber posted:

4. B. Bring me the greatest North Korean striker to ever play the game!

I saw that the North Koreans made the U20 World Cup, I wondered what it would be like to play as the North Korean manager. Would Kim Jong Un have me assassinated if I won the World Cup? Or would I overthrow him and rewrite Juche to fit the circumstances?

Derek Agony posted:

Any chance we can get a look at Rouissi's stats? :fap:

Keep in mind that he's only 14. He's only 14! Man is he going to be amazing.

Dekko
May 23, 2007
All the Bs

Remember those contract relegation clauses, don't wanna do a Portsmouth/Leeds/QPR

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
CBBB

You've earned it, and we're going to need every single embezzled dollar rabbit we can pull out of the bank account hat if we're going to stick in the Premier League.

I remember that I had issues with FM12 with save scumming, so I said 'this season, I'm not going to save scum'. Like you, I won the Championship my first year there. I was stunned.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
(Dumbfounded) I... You... I think you've just shattered every record in the book. Two seasons ago we were in League 2. Next season we're in the Premier League. I suspect that not only will you be given the keys to the city, but quite possibly you'll be proclaimed as Prince Llywelyn reborn, immortal God-King of the Principality. A rise which can only be described as meteoric, henceforth redefined as pertaining to Mateo 'Meteor' Mujkic.

C. (Awestruck) You just got us to the Premier League on less money than Tackleford used to raise themselves up to foundering in the lower reaches of League 1. You didn't even need to gamble on the richest game in football, you've just gone first, first, second all the way up through the divisions. Take the money. Take all the money. Make us legends.

B. (Underhandedly) This is the gravy train, we need to grease the wheels. We stand amongst the money-doped cheating bastards at the very pinnacle of the game. Sneak in a bunch of Brazilians though FC Nowherejuk Permitstar.

B. (Shiftily) Now that we're a Premier League side, now is the time to embezzle the everliving gently caress out of our accounts and into my holding company in the Caymans, unlike that amateur hack Sky Shadowing going off too soon we need to establish ourselves as one in all ways. Leave this to me, I'll see to it that some reputable builders bring us up to spec whilst siphoning off huge sums for my own personal gain.

B (Already packed) I hear, uh, some great things about these kids in the Caribbean. I'll, um, let you know if any of them are worth looking into.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Congratulations can't wait for the inter welsh premier league matches, is this now the only fan owned club in a football top flight? Anyway the answers are C B B B, can't wait to pick the Brazilian league clean of young prospects.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

habeasdorkus posted:

Yeah. I'm tempted to get Wrexham well established in the EPL and then go take over Newport County. Sadly I can't make the EPL 25% Welsh as Merthyr Town isn't playable under the default settings I started the game with.

Doesn't Colwyn Bay start in the Conference North? That would be a fifth.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
Congrats on the good work. Back-to-Back-to-Back Promotions. Hilariously how that one coach tried to speak ill of you.

In other news, Curse you Lady Luck :argh:

I just wanted a godly scout for Germany or any other region :(

quote:

Man holy crap at those stats. I think Meteor will get his wish for talent coming in. I propose we start him when he turns 16 or something.

CVE fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Mar 18, 2014

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
BABA

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I wanted an American Lionel Messi but the season was better then I could imagine, so I'm happy less people complained. Also is there a way The Board can vote Scott Brown a pay raise I know if I were Manchester United I might consider inviting him to the Scrooge McDuck money vault.

LionYeti fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Mar 18, 2014

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

AJ_Impy posted:

(Dumbfounded) I... You... I think you've just shattered every record in the book. Two seasons ago we were in League 2. Next season we're in the Premier League. I suspect that not only will you be given the keys to the city, but quite possibly you'll be proclaimed as Prince Llywelyn reborn, immortal God-King of the Principality. A rise which can only be described as meteoric, henceforth redefined as pertaining to Mateo 'Meteor' Mujkic.

You silly sausage, you can't be King of a Principality, just ask Charles!

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

A Tartan Tory posted:

You're right. Principality is an Emperor-level title. So says CK2 at least.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Hot drat, that was a finish. Still, we're probably going to get loving blown out in the PL either way, and consolidation without relegation will probably be a miracle.

As for the vote - BBBB. Splurging on the wages could be a disaster.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

habeasdorkus posted:

Keep in mind that he's only 14. He's only 14! Man is he going to be amazing.

Those stats and mentored by the Meteor.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Reveilled posted:

Hot diggity drat! Before I make my wish, can I see the current state of the Scottish Premier League, and any info you can give me on Partick Thistle?

This is actually a down year for the Thistle. They've never finished worse than 5th in this savegame. They are in the final of the Scottish Cup, though, against Inverness. They beat Celtic to get there. They were also in the Champion's League best placed qualifiers after finishing 2nd last year, but couldn't get past Zenit or Lyon. That was followed by an appearance in the Europa League group stage. Their present bank balance is 4m pounds. The first team is solid for the SPL, but they don't appear to have any excellent youth players.

Mugabe
Dec 4, 2012

I have died many times. I have actually beaten Jesus Christ because he only died once.
B, B, B, B

Go for it.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew

BBBB

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

A Tartan Tory posted:

'immortal God-Prince' just sounds ridiculous. :colbert:

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

AJ_Impy posted:

'immortal God-Prince' just sounds ridiculous. :colbert:

Yeah, and 'immortal God-King' will work just fine after I kick England out of the UK.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

If Sunderland wins the promotion playoffs we may have to change your avatar.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

B) (Assertively) Whilst we understand the need not to embarrass ourselves, the likelihood is we won't be staying in this league for long. Continue to buy and develop youth, and we will progress to a premier league level naturally. (Budget set at £18,200,000 a year, or £350,000 a per week)

C) (Calmly) Our best prospect of future success is developing our outstanding youth prospects. (Look for a domestic feeder club where we can send young players without a spot in the first team for further development)

B) (Calmly) This seems like a wise use of our improved finances from this promotion, and an investment for the future. (Improvements made, price currently unknown but likely around £1m)

A) (Aggressively) You have found fantastic players and prospects already via our current policy, and I see no need to spend extraneous money on sending scouts to places which don't understand how to make a decent cup of tea. (Scouting Range remains the same)

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

I can't top this.

BBBB

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I'll admit from a meta perspective I like that the board is to a man hilariously corrupt and all trying to out-corrupt each other. "What, Sky Shadowing embezzled 2 million last year? What an amateur, we'll show him how it's done. :smug:"

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

JT Jag posted:

If Sunderland wins the promotion playoffs we may have to change your avatar.

I dunno, I think they have way more reason to hate me than I do them. This is the second year in a row that we've pipped them at the post. Last year it was the League One title, this year we snaked the automatic promotion spot. If Mark Bowman was still their manager, it'd work great, but I haven't gotten into a fight with Sunderland's new manager yet.

Sky Shadowing posted:

I'll admit from a meta perspective I like that the board is to a man hilariously corrupt and all trying to out-corrupt each other. "What, Sky Shadowing embezzled 2 million last year? What an amateur, we'll show him how it's done. :smug:"

I have to admit that it's now my head-canon that "non-soccer costs" are no show jobs for various unsavory associates of the board and "other" expenses are straight up embezzlement. They're both black boxes where I can't tell what the money is going towards, and they keep growing in size each year.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Mar 18, 2014

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
:vince:

That was tense. Time to celebrate! Spend! Spend! CBBB!

Buzzsaw Roomba fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Mar 19, 2014

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
BCBA
Also by god man, we ought to re-negotiate your contract. You've earned yourself a triplicate raise, easy.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

habeasdorkus posted:

I have to admit that it's now my head-canon that "non-soccer costs" are no show jobs for various unsavory associates of the board and "other" expenses are straight up embezzlement. They're both black boxes where I can't tell what the money is going towards, and they keep growing in size each year.

It's my gigantic yacht fund It's a mystery to me, probably Sky Shadowing's fault. I'll have my, er, Accountants look into it. Scrupulously.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Congratulations on sneaking into promotion to the Premier League.

Though I have to admit, when I look forward to next season all I see in my head is the scene from the original Robocop where they blow Murphy to pieces with shotguns.

What I'm saying is, we need to invest in a lot of cyborgs with our EPL money.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

habeasdorkus posted:

This is actually a down year for the Thistle. They've never finished worse than 5th in this savegame. They are in the final of the Scottish Cup, though, against Inverness. They beat Celtic to get there. They were also in the Champion's League best placed qualifiers after finishing 2nd last year, but couldn't get past Zenit or Lyon. That was followed by an appearance in the Europa League group stage. Their present bank balance is 4m pounds. The first team is solid for the SPL, but they don't appear to have any excellent youth players.

Well, they might just go ahead and sell him, but in honor of the older FM LPs can you give Partick Thistle an excellent young scottish goalkeeper named John McGoon Jr?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Lynneth posted:

BCBA
Also by god man, we ought to re-negotiate your contract. You've earned yourself a triplicate raise, easy.
See this is why I wanted to negotiate a promotion increase/relegation decrease clause into his contract. So we wouldn't have to do this again.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
How many of the players are going to throw massive hissy fits when we inevitably get relegated and the Chairman's Yacht Fund has to be content with parachute payments?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011

JT Jag posted:

See this is why I wanted to negotiate a promotion increase/relegation decrease clause into his contract. So we wouldn't have to do this again.
Nobody expected anything other than a consolidation year, it's understandable that people were not too convinced that such a clause was needed at the time.

• Locked thread