Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer

P-niiice posted:

How often do the Vauban parts pop up? I saw the helmet alert last night after I went to bed but gently caress if I was going to get up for it. :P

They're not on a schedule so you can't really predict when the alerts will drop. Although it seems like previous alerts have always been happening at 3 in the morning or some other really inconvenient time. They don't ever seem to drop during afternoons and evenings so this helmet alert was a nice surprise.

I'd like to mention that thanks to a resource doubler + the holiday bonus, I got 36 orokin cells in one Cassini run this morning and I am positively *glowing*. This was the best thing to happen in a while for us players who can't log in that often during the week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Denzine posted:

Gremlins do 30 damage per shot and reload .6s faster than akbolto.

Akbolto does 44. And it has double the fire rate of the Gremlins.

A fully tricked out Akbolto will have almost 10,000 more DPS similarly modded Gremlins. Even my horrendous framerate issues don't keep akboltos from being a reasonable alternative to Gremlins. That's how amazingly good Akbolto is.

My Akboltos have been languishing unleveled in the armory for ages, because the last time I tried them, the projectile speed seemed just as slow as the non-prime Boltor. For a semi-auto weapon, that's horrible- all the theoretical DPS in the world doesn't mean much if you can't hit poo poo with them outside of melee range.

The Gremlins have a much faster projectile speed, and even though I'd describe them as merely 'decent' rather than good, I find them much more comfortable to use. :shobon:

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Cathair posted:

My Akboltos have been languishing unleveled in the armory for ages, because the last time I tried them, the projectile speed seemed just as slow as the non-prime Boltor. For a semi-auto weapon, that's horrible- all the theoretical DPS in the world doesn't mean much if you can't hit poo poo with them outside of melee range.

I've never used the Gremlins to compare, but compared to other hitscan weapons, I really don't have much of a problem hitting people with the Akboltos. I do primarily play melee focused frames, but even at medium range I can reliably hit with them. Most enemies do tend to run at you, and if you are firing into a corridor with multiple enemies, the flying bodies do additional damage to those behind. They certainly aren't for long range, but the increased damage is where they really shine. I can usually finish off most grineer below level 30 with 1-2 shots.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
I've been using the Kraken since update 8 and I think it's a joy to fire. Quickly adjusting aim between the double shot to score a double headshot feels hella satisfying, and I love how it sounds. Any suggestions for similar hard-hitting hitscan semiautomatic/burst secondaries? I grabbed the Aklex and it's cool, but not quite as satisfying to shoot; not enough "umph."

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

P-niiice posted:

How often do the Vauban parts pop up? I saw the helmet alert last night after I went to bed but gently caress if I was going to get up for it. :P

DE created a special algorithm that ensures Vauban parts are offered up as alerts only when you're at work or asleep.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Mango Polo posted:

What's my best option for doing the Rank 2 (pistol) test, without using platinum guns? Buying an aklato and ranking it up? My regular lato does poo poo all for damage in regular missions, and I see quite a few people whine about this particular test.

I've actually done that test not too long ago with a regular Lato, it went far smoother than the Rifle one. My mods were Heated Charge (45% damage), some critical enhancing mod and something for ammo capacity. I thought it was very easy, though - the damage from the gun is on the low side, but so is the enemies' HP, especially those idiot Butchers.

Edit: now that I think about it, my shield was also about 300, so I could just stand around lining up headshots, which help massively to with handgun's low damage rate. Were I to run around and aim at the same time I would've probably fared much worse.

Szurumbur fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Mar 18, 2014

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Cheers for the pistol feedback!

Guess I'll pick up a Lex tonight, though I have no pistol mods besides extra ammo, puncture damage, critical chance and I think a chance to do toxin damage (Pestilence something; or does that only work if the pistol already does toxic damage?)
Guess I got unlucky on the damage/reload ones.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Mango Polo posted:

Guess I'll pick up a Lex tonight, though I have no pistol mods besides extra ammo, puncture damage, critical chance and I think a chance to do toxin damage (Pestilence something; or does that only work if the pistol already does toxic damage?)

Elemental mods add the damage type indicated, based on the weapon's base damage.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

Mango Polo posted:

I'm sure regardless of what platform you're on, goons will shower you in whatever mods you need.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Toxin damage adds toxin damage as a percent of the total of the 3 base damage types, it's good.

If you need reload speed or base damage I and many other goons sleep on piles of Quickdraws and Hornet Strikes we don't know what to do with.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I know the gambit helmet for Vauban has lovely stats but I'm going to wear it anyway because it's a jaunty beret

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

hup posted:

I know the gambit helmet for Vauban has lovely stats but I'm going to wear it anyway because it's a jaunty beret

I wish that they would hurry up and add the option to remove stats from helmets because there are a lot of cool hats with awful stats.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
I'm on PC, I'll try asking tonight. Woo, mods! :allears:
Though... I think I first need to do the Rank 2 test to be able to trade right?

Yesterday an awesome goon helped me get past Earth's Eurasia mission, because that one was kind of retarded.
Apparently that mission already got nerfed? It still seemed fairly impossible without being able to dish and soak up tons of damage.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm glad that St. Patty's Day double resource thing happened. Got lots of plastids and got 1/3rd of the needed oxium for Zephyr.

Also, Doji - stop hoarding all the architecture fun to yourself <:mad:>

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

seiferguy posted:

I'm glad that St. Patty's Day double resource thing happened. Got lots of plastids and got 1/3rd of the needed oxium for Zephyr.

Also, Doji - stop hoarding all the architecture fun to yourself <:mad:>

Fine fine. I'll give feng shui abilities to generals.

Just terrified of someone being "hilarious" and destroying a bunch of poo poo while we're all asleep.

Objectivist Rapist
Mar 25, 2007

Rape is a construct
and I'm an engineer

hup posted:

The Espirit helmet makes you look like a mustached bug of some sort, though.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

Objectivist Rapist posted:

I see an angry duck.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Doji Sekushi posted:

Fine fine. I'll give feng shui abilities to generals.

Just terrified of someone being "hilarious" and destroying a bunch of poo poo while we're all asleep.

Eh, even if they do the resources all go to the mysterious Clan Vault so it's just a matter of time.

how do you put things in the clan vault otherwise

hoooowwwww

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The tragic thing about the event was that they cut off the resource boost instantly, even if you were still in a mission. We went from rolling in orokin cells and hilarity to suddenly getting just 1 at a time and knew the fun times were over.

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

Objectivist Rapist posted:

It turns you into General Lobster.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Mango Polo posted:

Woo, mods! :allears:

You're too kind.

Captain Keene
Dec 20, 2012

Gestalt Intellect posted:

The tragic thing about the event was that they cut off the resource boost instantly, even if you were still in a mission. We went from rolling in orokin cells and hilarity to suddenly getting just 1 at a time and knew the fun times were over.

It was the most depressing thing to run over an orange can and see the pop-up "Orokin Cell +1." Farewell drop boost, you were too good to last. At least I've got 70-something cells now. Should make a couple of prime weapons.

Slayerjerman
Nov 27, 2005

by sebmojo
I managed to farm over 200 morphics/neurodes/sensors/cells before the event ended, I am one happy camper because I went from 8 cells to 228.

Now if only I could sell the 8 million nano spores.... :(

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

Mango Polo posted:

It will add the advertised percent of damage to your total base pistol damage (% of the sum of puncture, slash and concussion).

Put it on. Fuse it with cores or duplicates of that particular mod (if any) to rank it up. That damage percent boost will consequently increase.

Nevertheless, don't worry much about it. Even stock, Lex is a good side arm and it should get you through the test fairly easy.

Keep an eye on the timer during the first stage of the test, keep moving around (or roll), close to the center to reduce damage taken and to draw the grineer out. The grineer will either charge you or sit next to a column. Turn around often and seek the next target. Don't waste time hiding.

In the second and third stage, the time constraints will be a bit more lenient.

I love cats fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Mar 18, 2014

Panic Attack
Oct 29, 2012

Float like a bulldozer
Trying to catch a butterfly
Also unequip yer Sentinel if you have one, little poo poo apparently failed my pistol test for me.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

So I was checking our clan stats. According to the in-game counter, we have 141911 hours in this game. That's a little over 16 years worth of play time.

Warframe (PC/PS4): why do we have over 16 years in this terrible game

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

A couple of our stats have overflowed and are currently negative. It could actually be 4295109205 hours!!

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
I wish we could tax resources, and restrict tax based on mastery level. Or something.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Shine posted:

I've been using the Kraken since update 8 and I think it's a joy to fire. Quickly adjusting aim between the double shot to score a double headshot feels hella satisfying, and I love how it sounds. Any suggestions for similar hard-hitting hitscan semiautomatic/burst secondaries? I grabbed the Aklex and it's cool, but not quite as satisfying to shoot; not enough "umph."
This went kind of ignored but I'll suggest checking youtube for videos of the Vasto and Marelok. Both of them are meaty guns that pack a punch.

Diogenes of Sinope
Jul 10, 2008

Pierson posted:

This went kind of ignored but I'll suggest checking youtube for videos of the Vasto and Marelok. Both of them are meaty guns that pack a punch.

The Vasto is great fun, I love my space revolver. And eventually you can make Akvastos for double the fun! They lend themselves well to crit builds. Plus you're a space ninja cowboy gunslinger with immense style points.

Objectivist Rapist
Mar 25, 2007

Rape is a construct
and I'm an engineer

Denzine posted:

I wish we could tax resources, and restrict tax based on mastery level. Or something.

And so the dojo explodes, sending a billion nano spores careening through the system.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Diogenes of Sinope posted:

The Vasto is great fun, I love my space revolver. And eventually you can make Akvastos for double the fun! They lend themselves well to crit builds. Plus you're a space ninja cowboy gunslinger with immense style points.

My usual pistol method is to blast Iron Skin, open a door with weapon(s) drawn, and calmly walk down the hallway popping heads while bullets bounce off me, so this sounds fun! I'll check it out :).

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
This just plain isn't fair.

Metaprognosticate
Nov 10, 2013

I love cats posted:

When the gently caress did that change? Not a week ago they weren't for sale by themselves. You needed a blueprint and a pair of latos to build them, or buy them for plat.

Been like that for a while. I started in January, and I remember buying Aklatos in the market for credits way back then. I know because I used my starting lato to make a Bolto rather than having to use them on Aklatos.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

BarkingSquirrel posted:

I'll think of you when I forma my Excal Prime again.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

BarkingSquirrel posted:

haha, how are you only rank 10?

GET THAT RANK UP SON!

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Epsilon Plus posted:

I'll think of you when I forma my Excal Prime again.
I'm on PS4 so even if I was around when you could get founder status, I still can't get him :(

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice

BarkingSquirrel posted:

I'm on PS4 so even if I was around when you could get founder status, I still can't get him :(

Join the PC master race, plebe.

How's the game play on PS, anyways?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
I think they've hinted at Excal Prime and the other founder rewards coming back in some manner, though I have no idea how they would do so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
Almost done.