Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

On a happy note, the OP for Part 3 has been confirmed as "Stand Proud" by Hashimoto Jin and ZENTA.

Hashimoto Jin as in the person who did the Karmen Rider music? If so that's definitely promising. And I approve of the song title greatly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

In a world where one bear has a shotgun: Fuck.

boredsatellite posted:

Hashimoto Jin as in the person who did the Karmen Rider music? If so that's definitely promising. And I approve of the song title greatly

The very same. Look up songs from Agito and you'll just stumble onto something he sang.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Haha Jolyne's HHA dialogue got translated as her saying "How deep can I go? Balls deep!" man it's like Duwang or something up in here.

Edit: Couldn't find the original source image so just gotta deal with that cropped and spliced picture. Chew.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.
I thought for sure they'd do "I'm batting a thousand!" to retain a reason for it being 1000 hits.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Some rumors of storyline alterations, spoilering just in case: In an ultra jump interview, David Productions said that Araki suggested 'some stuff he'd like to have done,' including that "one of the villains who initially stays a villain will join the group in our adaptation." My guess: Hol Horse just goes to the Enya situation with the group.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Nessus posted:

Some rumors of storyline alterations, spoilering just in case: In an ultra jump interview, David Productions said that Araki suggested 'some stuff he'd like to have done,' including that "one of the villains who initially stays a villain will join the group in our adaptation." My guess: Hol Horse just goes to the Enya situation with the group.

So would mean Hol Horse becoming a good guy.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Nessus posted:

All I want is for Young Joseph to return for a brief, sweet moment and take out Alessi.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Nessus posted:

Finally, guy with one strong arm who drives a car gets the proper spot he always deserved.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Not necessarily! It would probably be relatively simple for him to tell the Joestar crew that he was being threatened and wants to help them take down Dio after all and put the blame for Abdul on J. Geil. (Or perhaps they're just going to drop the "Abdul dies" angle since he comes back anyway.) He attempts to sell them out but Enya is like "gently caress you, I'll feed you your own balls" and he has to actually cooperate with them to save his own rear end. Story resumes more or less normal track when they hit that guy with the Lovers.

Nessus fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Mar 18, 2014

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Rubber Soul is before Hol Horse.

E: Ah you edited.

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

Edit: Couldn't find the original source image so just gotta deal with that cropped and spliced picture. Chew.

http://williamzeppeli.tumblr.com/post/79915109200 Here's the source for jolyne's HHA. (Warning: it has a song that'll automatically play)

There's also these pastebins that are compiling known name/dialogue changes.

Part 1: http://pastebin.com/ZTgCSdaC

Part 2: http://pastebin.com/UfR05YnJ

dudermcbrohan fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Mar 18, 2014

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Nessus posted:

Not necessarily! It would probably be relatively simple for him to tell the Joestar crew that he was being threatened and wants to help them take down Dio after all and put the blame for Abdul on J. Geil. (Or perhaps they're just going to drop the "Abdul dies" angle since he comes back anyway.) He attempts to sell them out but Enya is like "gently caress you, I'll feed you your own balls" and he has to actually cooperate with them to save his own rear end. Story resumes more or less normal track when they hit that guy with the Lovers.

But if they drop Abdul's "first" death, how do they set up Judgment?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kurtofan posted:

Rubber Soul is before Hol Horse.

E: Ah you edited.

Funny enough in the viz manga Rubber Soul was renamed Steely Dan while Steely Dan was renamed Rubber Soul.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
For all you know it could be that because Joseph looks extra handsome in this version, Mariah decides to change sides.

darealkooky fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Mar 19, 2014

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Funny enough in the viz manga Rubber Soul was renamed Steely Dan while Steely Dan was renamed Rubber Soul.

This is not actually the case, Rubber Soul uses the arcade name which would be Robber Soul and Steely Dan is Rubber Soul.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.

MelvinBison posted:

But if they drop Abdul's "first" death, how do they set up Judgment?

Skip it entirely? All that we really need is "YES! I AM!" which can fit anywhere.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Please stop saying to skip fights in Part 3 because none of you who suggest it seem to understand those dumb short fights you think are skippable are actually really funny and have good character stuff. Especially since Judgement is where Avdol comes back and acts like a nut, beating down Judgment, YES I AM, and pissing down Cameo's breathing tube while laughing out loud.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Nessus posted:

Anyone got a link to a scan of this? While its plausible i could easily see it as fake too.

Zorak fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Mar 19, 2014

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Maybe the evil indian doll that tortures Polnareff in his hotel room will join the team.

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

Zorak posted:

Anyone got a link to a scan of this? While its plausible i could easily see it as fake too.

There's no source, some guy on /a/ simply claimed that some dude on 2ch read about it on ultra jump. There are no scans of this whatsoever for the time being.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
I just want them to animate the fight where Polnareff poops in the bath and 9 year old Jotaro punches out the child murderer

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

I just want them to animate the fight where Polnareff poops in the bath and 9 year old Jotaro punches out the child murderer

Um how are you posting. Because it says you were banned a while ago.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

Um how are you posting. Because it says you were banned a while ago.

Click his avatar

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

FirstAidKite posted:

Click his avatar

Ahh now I get it.

Anyway on the Jojo game name changes the only one I dislike is Eiffel.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
anime has power beyond death

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I don't get Gyro's joke near the end of True Man's World in Volume 8/Volume 88, page 110. Is it an incredibly japanese pun, or some poo poo?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

He holds up 4 fingers. The Japanese word for four is shi.

He holds up 2 fingers. Two is pronounced tsu in Japanese.

He makes an O. The Japanese word for zero is rei.

Shi-tsu-rei. Shitsurei shimasu means "Let me pass."

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Uznare posted:

There's no source, some guy on /a/ simply claimed that some dude on 2ch read about it on ultra jump. There are no scans of this whatsoever for the time being.

Yo, I can confirm this. My uncle works at Sunrise and he gets to see all the anime early.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

He holds up 4 fingers. The Japanese word for four is shi.

He holds up 2 fingers. Two is pronounced tsu in Japanese.

He makes an O. The Japanese word for zero is rei.

Shi-tsu-rei. Shitsurei shimasu means "Let me pass."

420 lemme pass erryday

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Cerebral Bore posted:

All I want is for Young Joseph to return for a brief, sweet moment and take out Alessi.
Oh god, yes. :allears:

MonsterEnvy posted:

I always wondered if Araki did plan on him joining up, since there was one color spread that had him alongside Jotaro and co.

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Mar 19, 2014

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Is there a compilation of Araki's sleeve comments on JoJo volumes?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Perigryn posted:

Oh god, yes. :allears:

I always wondered if Araki did plan on him joining up, since there was one color spread that had him alongside Jotaro and co.

I would like to see this do you have a link. Still Hol Horse as a party member would be pretty cool as the guys stand would allow some pretty cool fights. (I remember a comment on another site that pointed out that in a straight fight there is very little way for any of the main cast to have beaten him one on one.)

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

MonsterEnvy posted:

I would like to see this do you have a link. Still Hol Horse as a party member would be pretty cool as the guys stand would allow some pretty cool fights. (I remember a comment on another site that pointed out that in a straight fight there is very little way for any of the main cast to have beaten him one on one.)
I can't seem to find it online at the moment. I'll scan it from one of the artbooks later on.

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Mar 20, 2014

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Zorak posted:

Is there a compilation of Araki's sleeve comments on JoJo volumes?

You mean the stuff like how Gyro must have soft hands or his "Please don't climb trees!" PSA?

http://jojo.wikia.com/wiki/Author%27s_Note

I don't think it is complete but it has a pretty decent collection of them.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

FirstAidKite posted:

You mean the stuff like how Gyro must have soft hands or his "Please don't climb trees!" PSA?

"It's something that was given to me, but I have a swimsuit calender hanging on the wall of my workplace. In short, I have 12 pictures of girls in bathing suits in my office. Nothing naughty. But anyways, every time the month changes, I have to flip the page to the next girl, and somehow, that makes me feel incredibly melancholy. 'Goody bye, September girl. I guess we'll never meet again.' That's how it makes me feel. And then I *flip*, and think, 'Wow, October's not bad either!", and that makes me think of how I'm already betraying the September girl... So, what I'm trying to say here is, that a year goes by really quickly."

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

:argh: I was hoping it'd be complete! Alas, thanks though.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

FirstAidKite posted:

"I'm really into "Complete Illustrated Guide to _____" - Style Books, so whenever they release one (Whether it's a picture book of dinosaurs or a dictionary of movie stars), I buy it immediately.
I just get drawn into the little details, like hometowns, birthdates, favorite foods... and I end up reading them over and over.
Lately, the two I've been enjoying the most are "The Complete Supermodel Catalog" and "Cats of the World". They're just both so graceful!"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Zorak posted:

:argh: I was hoping it'd be complete! Alas, thanks though.

Sorry. Here have this.

Araki posted:

"I'm afraid of 'false eyelashes' falling in my house...... Great long ones fall off in hallways and in the bathroom. When there's bad lighting they really freak me out. I imagine they might be moving, it's a real 'horror'. (I can't say who specifically, but) I picked some up and threw them in the garbage and this person said "Why're you throwing those away? I'm still using them!" Then they picked the things up and put them on a shelf. I was really indignant, but also I was even more afraid."

:allears:

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Idea for a new Stand: The power to generate false eyelashes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Idea for a new Stand: The power to generate false eyelashes.
Possible uses: Blind your enemies by giving them gigantic eyelashes that obscure their vision, cover parts of your body in hair for warmth or a disguise, safely activate traps from a distance by piling fake eyelashes on them, cover the ground with eyelashes to make your foes slip on them.

Araki would undoubtedly do much much more. It's no more ridiculous than blowing into nails to turn them into balloon animals that are also real animals that also explode.

• Locked thread