Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I want to hear all the clips about thing that happened to Butters. Every buddy has lines like "This one time, Butters..." when I was just randomly walking around.

Cartman is easily the funniest party member for that stuff, but Jimmy and Butters are close. I never used Stan and Kyle because they aren't funny (well, I did use Kyle in battle because that Rain of Arrows attack singlehandedly won every random encounter I used it on, even when I hosed up the button prompts).

edit: Is there anything in the Lost Woods? I just walked straight through them to get to Canada, but seeing as there are like 4 entrances to them I assume there's poo poo in there I missed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
You can run into the critters from Woodland Critter Christmas and they'll befriend you, but I'm not sure how. I assume there's a specific pattern you have to walk like with Canada cause I never ran into them accidently

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Macaluso posted:

You can run into the critters from Woodland Critter Christmas and they'll befriend you, but I'm not sure how. I assume there's a specific pattern you have to walk like with Canada cause I never ran into them accidently

The pattern is in Stan's Room.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Macaluso posted:

Wait, do they count as Friends? I thought there were only 100, and I finished the game with 99 (and the one I missed was The Bishop).

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

precision posted:

Wait, do they count as Friends? I thought there were only 100, and I finished the game with 99 (and the one I missed was The Bishop).

Hate to break this to you the way someone broke it to me, but there are actually 120 friends...

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Does anything different happen if you get every friend and/or Chinpokomon?

Also, did anyone else accidentally get the bad ending?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh god drat it. :negative:

I have no idea how I missed that many, I was thorough as poo poo. Well... I was gonna replay it anyway.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Getting every Chinpokomon gives you a friend.

WillieWestwood
Jun 23, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!

King Vidiot posted:

I seem to recall schoolyard rumors of a game "in the works" which would look just like the show and you could wander around the town of South Park. That was nearly 20 years ago, and then it really happened. Twelve-year-old me is so jealous...

...except in a way, twelve-year-old me never really left.
Sounds like the original South Park game from Acclaim. It was a first-person shooter, and you did get to walk around town, and to the South Park Renaissance Faire, but the graphics were really crappy, even by South Park standards. It came out over 15 years ago. You get to be one of the four boys, and your goal was to kill the evil turkeys (based on Season 1's "Tom's Rhinoplasty"), and eventually the giant boss turkeys. I had the PC version, but it also came out for the N64. See:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ivXoRNhzkw

Brocktoon posted:

I assume they scrapped it because it sounds exactly like Stan.
Heh, Stan using a Cartman line.

WillieWestwood fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Mar 18, 2014

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

WillieWestwood posted:

Sounds like the original South Park game from Acclaim. It was a first-person shooter, and you did get to walk around town, and to the South Park Renaissance Faire, but the graphics were really crappy, even by South Park standards. It came out over 15 years ago.

Yup. Complete with N64's Foggy Conditions and 10m of visibility.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs6PBsW2R0M

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I never understood why making South Park into an FPS was considered a good idea, epsecially on the fog machine that they call the N64.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Starhawk64 posted:

I never understood why making South Park into an FPS was considered a good idea, epsecially on the fog machine that they call the N64.

They already had the Turok engine so why not?

Apparently Matt and Trey said their favorite games at the time were Goldeneye, Mario Kart, and You Don't Know Jack which turned into South Park, South Park Rally, and Chef's Love Shack.

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Sometimes, a man just needs to get his Rock off.

al-azad posted:

They already had the Turok engine so why not?

Apparently Matt and Trey said their favorite games at the time were Goldeneye, Mario Kart, and You Don't Know Jack which turned into South Park, South Park Rally, and Chef's Love Shack.

That... Actually makes a lot of sense. :psyduck:

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Those were everyones favorite games at the time I'd say

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Which attack do you guys think is the funniest? I just picked up Circum-Scythe on my Jew playthrough, and um.....ow, that looks painful....and hilarious.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I like mug for the thief. When you hit them it's so anticlimactic it still makes me laugh, plus it knocks your opponent out quite a few turns and you can steal the enemies' positive status effects.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

WillieWestwood posted:

Sounds like the original South Park game from Acclaim. It was a first-person shooter, and you did get to walk around town, and to the South Park Renaissance Faire, but the graphics were really crappy, even by South Park standards. It came out over 15 years ago. You get to be one of the four boys, and your goal was to kill the evil turkeys (based on Season 1's "Tom's Rhinoplasty"), and eventually the giant boss turkeys. I had the PC version, but it also came out for the N64.

Yeah, I had that game for N64 and despite how lovely it was I at least played every stage, and played exactly one multiplayer game one time. The only good thing I can remember about the game is that in multiplayer one of the weapons is that Visitor record player that causes whoever you shoot it with to dance and sing an old-timey tune.

That's not the rumored game, that's the game that we actually got, along with South Park Rally and Chef's Luv Shack. I played the latter but never did play Rally. Chef's Luv Shack was pretty awful as well, but at least it looked like the show.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Starhawk64 posted:

Which attack do you guys think is the funniest? I just picked up Circum-Scythe on my Jew playthrough, and um.....ow, that looks painful....and hilarious.

Roshambo, mainly because when you use it another enemy will say something like "Oh that's not right!"

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

King Vidiot posted:

That's not the rumored game, that's the game that we actually got, along with South Park Rally and Chef's Luv Shack. I played the latter but never did play Rally. Chef's Luv Shack was pretty awful as well, but at least it looked like the show.

Chef's Luv Shack was a fun stupid game as long as you played it on N64. If you played it on a system that used discs, loading time ruins it.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Starhawk64 posted:

Roshambo, because the hit can inflict gross damage on the entire enemy party and the player themselves. :v:

And Kenny's unicorn attack, because gently caress that qte and the joy I feel at getting it right.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Brainamp posted:

Roshambo, because the hit can inflict gross damage on the entire enemy party and the player themselves. :v:

And Kenny's unicorn attack, because gently caress that qte and the joy I feel at getting it right.

Circum-scythe inflicts bleeding on the target (and maybe gross out too?) and can be upgrade to gross out every other enemy on screen when used. :black101:

Also Doom Dreidel can be upgraded to cause burning and bounce a fuckton.

Basically Jew is the best class.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Brainamp posted:

I failed that QTE the first five or so times I did it, and came to believe that it was intended to be a suicide attack.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Brainamp posted:

Late game spoilers - the Nazi Zombie Unicorn attack and successful counter where Stan beheads it and Sparky drags the head away was one of the funniest things in the game for me.

The comment afterwards of "STUPID loving UNICORN!" was the cherry on top.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Mar 19, 2014

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I know I'm late to the party, but this is a very, very fun game. I also had a bug-free experience so far, which after all the talk of technical disasters was a relief.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Chairchucker posted:

I failed that QTE the first five or so times I did it, and came to believe that it was intended to be a suicide attack.

I think that's part of the joke since there's an achievement for having Kenny die a bunch.

Schlub Husband
Jan 13, 2008

*hic*
Lipstick Apathy

Chairchucker posted:

Is that move harder on xbox or something? Because it's really easy on a computer. I never failed it once.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Kittle posted:

Is that move harder on xbox or something? Because it's really easy on a computer. I never failed it once.

I think I'm just bad.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

WarLocke posted:

I think that's part of the joke since there's an achievement for having Kenny die a bunch.

Best thing about Kenny is that you can get both that and the No Child Left Behind achievement in the same playthrough :)

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

holy poo poo, I just finished. The game was funny, just long enough, well written, and had interesting gameplay. The explanations for the farts and the QTEs were loving horrible. Like, no one must have reviewed them before shipping them horrible.

Oh hey! click left mouse button to do things! Okay, I'm clicking. Oh I failed because I'm not supposed to let go of right mouse click? Okay, gently caress you. "here, let me show you again" 10000 times.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I must be the only one who got through all the "fart tutorials" very easily. The game shows you exactly what to do. :confused:

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!

spouse posted:

holy poo poo, I just finished. The game was funny, just long enough, well written, and had interesting gameplay. The explanations for the farts and the QTEs were loving horrible. Like, no one must have reviewed them before shipping them horrible.

Oh hey! click left mouse button to do things! Okay, I'm clicking. Oh I failed because I'm not supposed to let go of right mouse click? Okay, gently caress you. "here, let me show you again" 10000 times.

This is the biggest gripe I have with the game as well. The farts I eventually did figure out and went "Ohhh okay", but Randy's abortion was the most frustrating experience. I don't know how many times I've ripped his balls off, but it certainly didn't help me figure out any faster how it actually works.

Other than that, I adore this game. I'm on my third playthrough to try and get all the friends and Chinpokomon, not to mention playing all the boss fights again(and that's really for the sake of listening to the boss themes).

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

WarLocke posted:

Circum-scythe inflicts bleeding on the target (and maybe gross out too?) and can be upgrade to gross out every other enemy on screen when used. :black101:

Also Doom Dreidel can be upgraded to cause burning and bounce a fuckton.

Basically Jew is the best class.

Circumscythe also cuts enemy armor in half. It owns.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I just want to say, is it even possible to perform Death of a Thousand Cuts with a keyboard? gently caress that noise.

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

I'm on the first night so far, and I'm really enjoying the game, but I really, really dislike the mash x QTEs. Took me probably twenty minutes to get through.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Starhawk64 posted:

Kenny giving a boy HPV honestly was my first big laugh.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Timeless Appeal posted:

Wait what? When does this happen? :stare:

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

precision posted:

I just want to say, is it even possible to perform Death of a Thousand Cuts with a keyboard? gently caress that noise.

Yeah, but the first two are weird. You need to press both down and left/right (one is down & left, the other is down & right).

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED

precision posted:

It's pretty easy. Just hit AS, DS, A, D, S. Took me a bit to figure out what it wanted me to do since there's no prompts.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

precision posted:

Wait what? When does this happen? :stare:

Various STD's are applied when you score a perfect hit with Kenny's kiss ability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Timeless Appeal posted:

I wish they'd made more use of Kenny's Buddy command. Watching people go gaga for his "big ol' bitties" never got old or less confusing.

• Locked thread