Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

I thought that's what LoversLab was? :quagmire:

This is off topic but this entire time I thought it was LoverSlab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The Iron Rose posted:

This is off topic but this entire time I thought it was LoverSlab.

Their website header indicates that it is indeed Lovers Lab

/derail Back to mod/troubleshooting folks.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Did they ever fix the Unofficial patch after screwing up the soultrapping script, or should I keep using v2.01?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

They fixed it.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
Has anyone ever been completely unable to make it to the main menu after rebuilding their ASIS.esp? If I unchecked ASIS.esp, I can get there fine. There's no missing masters, I simply can't get into the menu with ASIS.esp loaded. It gets as far as the ENB information and the dragon emblem, but before the "Continue, Load, New, etc." stuff appears it crashes. Oh, and I never deleted the preceding ASIS.esp, but I don't think that would make this happen anyway, it would just break my saves.

Edit: drat, I'm dumb. Had to exclude the Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.

Alasyre fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Mar 18, 2014

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

LtSmash posted:

Is this writeup good enough?

Yup - that's a lot better than the stuff I was seeing previously. Thanks!

Next stupid question: using Mod Organizer, does installing mods actually modify the base game files? IE, if I screw up something, is it reinstall nuke and revert from clean backup?

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

No, that's exactly what Mod Organizer prevents. Mod Organizer doesn't touch your Skyrim installation, and that's why you use it. Instead of uninstalling manually, you turn them off in MO and next time you play, they don't get copied in and used.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Gorgar posted:

No, that's exactly what Mod Organizer prevents. Mod Organizer doesn't touch your Skyrim installation, and that's why you use it. Instead of uninstalling manually, you turn them off in MO and next time you play, they don't get copied in and used.
Addendum to the quoted post: Mod Organizer only deals with the mods that you'd normally dump in the Data folder. Things like SKSE and ENB go in the main Skyrim folder.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Raygereio posted:

Addendum to the quoted post: Mod Organizer only deals with the mods that you'd normally dump in the Data folder. Things like SKSE and ENB go in the main Skyrim folder.

Haven't gone anywhere near ENB at this time; considering my aged hardware (Core2Duo E8400, Radeon HD 5770, 4 gig RAM), I'm likely to go for more performance than prettiness. (Enough people have bitched about my lower-quality screenshots in FONV, may as well keep up the tradition. :v:)

SoylentCola
Mar 21, 2001

Ultra Carp
I am messing around with skyrim and Mods and have used mod organiser to sort out most the conflicts I have, but I still have one annoying bug. Quite often I CTD when i hit crouch. Bit of a bummer when you have a stealth based character.

Most of the mods are in the OP lists but if anyone can tell me how to produce a full list i can post that.

Anyway, any idea whats causing this?

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!
Is it just me, or has BOSS gotten really loving useless over the last year? Like, almost half my mods are "unrecognized" and I'm pretty sure the way it's sorting/tagging the unofficial patches and many other mods is based on older versions.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Ernie Muppari posted:

Is it just me, or has BOSS gotten really loving useless over the last year? Like, almost half my mods are "unrecognized" and I'm pretty sure the way it's sorting/tagging the unofficial patches and many other mods is based on older versions.

They froze the master list for a while in preparation for 3.0 (which would massively change how sorting worked), then recently realized that was a terrible idea and released 2.2 over here. The no-masterlist version of BOSS is instead being implemented as a completely different program called LOOT.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
So I booted my computer today and got BOOTMGR is missing. Thankfully, this POS HD has been spooking me for a few months now so I've been uploading versions of FCO to my Google drive nightly, and backing up system images weekly, just in case, so I've lost no progress. I am however losing time to work on it while I try and figure out why this disk is loving up.

Until today progress was speeding along - I revamped the entire workflow and at this point every line the final mod will use is in the game - 1500 idle commentaries, battle cries, and greetings/goodbyes total across 18 voice types. The remaining work is to transcribe the audio to subtitles and generate .lip files for three more voicetypes, and apply conditions to 13 of them (i.e. pare down when and where certain idles will fire, so followers won't talk about dragons before Mirmulnir, etc.).

ANIME IS BLOOD fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Mar 19, 2014

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Ernie Muppari posted:

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing then I updated to 2.2. A bunch of poo poo was suddenly recognized.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

What are the good mods that improve the college of Winterhold experience?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Okay, Im having a problem with Fyr Manor: This has happened on every playthrough Ive tried to use with it. It's an awesome house, but this glitch is really starting to get me down.

Basically, I cannot talk to Server or interact with any part of Fyr Manor unless I save in Fyr Manor, and since Loading is disabled for some reason when I step into Fyr Manor, I have to quit to the title screen and then load that save, and then I can talk to Server.

Oh and two of my mannequins disappeared from the armor after I put armor on them. :(

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I'm trying to find a player home mod I remember from a while back, it adds a little hoboshack underneath the bridge just inside the Whiterun city gates. I can only find these two:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/26409/
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/44136/

Neither of which are the one I remember. They don't quite have that "I'm a homeless person" vibe I'm lookin' for. I think the one I'm remembering didn't even have a floor, just the stream bed running through it. Am I crazy or does anyone else remember this/know where to find it?

Edit: Found it! It's called the Humble Abode.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34954/

Davoren fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Mar 20, 2014

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
I doubt it's intentional and I can't reproduce it reliably, but every so often my bow sneak attacks will crit for 150x damage instead of 3x. I'm using a bound bow and ethereal arrows (SPERG), but I think it happened even before I switched to a bound bow.

I'm not looking to fix it since I really enjoyed single shotting that Dwarven Centurion and it doesn't happen for the majority of my shots. Makes me feel lucky.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

I think that's the proc for a "chance for instant death" perk of some sort. It was discussed a while ago.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Cheap Shot posted:

What are the good mods that improve the college of Winterhold experience?

I like this - http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30630/

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Shyfted One posted:

I doubt it's intentional and I can't reproduce it reliably, but every so often my bow sneak attacks will crit for 150x damage instead of 3x. I'm using a bound bow and ethereal arrows (SPERG), but I think it happened even before I switched to a bound bow.

I'm not looking to fix it since I really enjoyed single shotting that Dwarven Centurion and it doesn't happen for the majority of my shots. Makes me feel lucky.

It's probably a result of either the Head Shot or Heart Seeker perks from SPERG. Both of those grant you a 10% chance to deal lethal damage to any target you attack either with a bow or while in sneak mode, respectively. Seorin just made it so that the perks hand out an arbitrary multiplier to avoid having the perk not work properly on bullet sponge enemies.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
Welp, rebuilt and played both vanilla and SKSE - ate a bunch of CTDs, until I 1) added the Race Menu FaceGen memory fix, and 2) actually installed ENB for the memory fix there. Also started reading the Papyrus logs with Notepad++ which beats hell out of the original, discovered a small bandit camp just off the trail down from the Helgen Keep exit (I usually go cross-country picking weeds), and found that my 7-foot pro-wrestler Orc looks pretty awesome in a bearskin cloak. :black101: Also, since I'm running Resplendent Racials, I found that 1) letting NPCs have the Resplendent perks is going to make the game more challenging, and 2) RANDOM BERSERKING IN BATTLE WAAAAAAGGH! (also :black101:)

Debating over adding some of the minor gameplay changers (Deadlier Traps, Traps Make Noise, Don't Stand On The Flame Trigger You Stupid gently caress, etc) first, or go for bigger stuff like Complete Crafting Overhaul and SPERG. (Organized Bandits, Realistic Animals, Immersive Creatures and the patrols mod will have to wait until I get the basic play-mod-set built/make it to Riverwood.)

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
Any mods that make the blacksmiths in the game actual smiths? I hate crafting in games, yet apparently I need to craft to keep my damage scaling properly to where I'm at now. Would rather just pay a smith to upgrade my stuff rather then do it myself. ( especially since I don't have the perk points to waste. )

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Rookersh posted:

Any mods that make the blacksmiths in the game actual smiths? I hate crafting in games, yet apparently I need to craft to keep my damage scaling properly to where I'm at now. Would rather just pay a smith to upgrade my stuff rather then do it myself. ( especially since I don't have the perk points to waste. )

On my Mage character I used Helpful Blacksmiths which let's you do just that, you just need to have the materials on you.
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/27116/

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Rookersh posted:

Alternate Crafting System is the most feature rich one I've seen.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Oh well that makes sense. I had forgotten about the lethal damage perks and that easily explains it. Thanks for clearing that up.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So what's the deal with Falskaar? I'm about to start a new game and was thinking of putting it in but I'm hearing some pretty conflicting things about it. The mod said it's compatible with most things, then says it can gently caress up if I don't have compatibility patches that other mods need to publish themselves. Does that mean I have to go through my list of ~100 mods and check to make sure none of them need anything extra, or what?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Just go in and type in Falskaar in the Nexus and you'll see most of the patches come up. IIRC you'll only need patches for big gameplay things like Climates of Tamriel and RN&D.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

"We Must Dissent"

I've been getting stuff done lately. I think I've got a robust way to stop ASIS from freaking out over the evil twin spell from apocalypse spells and other such mods. Also cleaned up a few bugs and some messy editing. Hopefully I'll have a new release tomorrow. Plutoman gave me permissions on the ASIS nexus page so I can post it as a legit update too.

On Lootification I realized I was working really hard to reinvent the wheel with lovely results. I'm switching it to JSON (with google's GSON doing the work for me) and each mod will have its own data file instead of one big one. This should make it a lot easier to manage. I'm super happy about how easy GSON is to work with compared to my old mess. Adding new features should also be much easier.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a site/system that I could use as a repository for the JSON files for mods. Ideally one that I wouldn't have to actually really do much to keep it running. I'd like something where users can upload their titarmor json file and other people with titarmor can download it without me having to approve it but also without the users having to dig through crap much themselves.

CFox
Nov 9, 2005
Is there a list anywhere of all the neat stuff you can make with the Glittering Prizes perk in SPERG? Turning Dragon Priest masks into rings and amulets was cool enough but last night I discovered you could change Ebony Mail into a leather hood and it's just awesome.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

Debating over adding some of the minor gameplay changers (Deadlier Traps, Traps Make Noise, Don't Stand On The Flame Trigger You Stupid gently caress, etc) first

Hrng. Maybe I should have enterered Embershard Mine on the way to Riverwood, because now I'm not sure what has caused sconce-mounted torches to turn invisible. They still burn/give off light, and are visible in inventory/hand/on the floor, but :ghost:...

Exiting the mine was awesome, however, as night had fallen and a 30-foot-visibility blizzard had occurred. :awesome: Lanterns along the main road, too, which almost made up for the thunder and lightning. :catstare: Guess I'll be turning those off, unless I decide to not have it run full-winter. (Frostfall is going to murder me *sooooo* much. :ohdear:)

Dr. Knothead
Mar 28, 2012
I know it got discussed a bit when the mod got upgraded a few months ago, but does anyone have strong feelings on Apocalypse Magic v4 vs. v5?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
A couple of animal-themed questions:

How do I sell items with the Best Friend perk in SPERG? My only options when talking to them are mod-added ones about stealth movement and home location.

Convenient Horses mostly works for me, but I can't get the harvesting-while-riding functionality to work (and possibly the charge move, although I may just not have hit things in the right way yet). I can get the horseback talking and looting to work, but the harvesting doesn't seem to happen regardless of whether I'm using the same button or a different button as the hotkey. Any idea what might be going wrong?

A not-animal-themed question:

The Mystic Transmutation perk in SPERG says that you can make more efficient arcane converters at higher skill levels, but I've only been able to make a petty soul one even though my Alteration, Enchanting, and Conjuration levels are all over 100. Is there a way to make a more powerful converter?

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Paracelsus posted:

Convenient Horses mostly works for me, but I can't get the harvesting-while-riding functionality to work (and possibly the charge move

I think all you have to do with the charge move is have your horse be sprinting and run right into a guy. It should bowl him over and chip off a bit of health. With enough tweaks from mods to make horseback fighting actually viable it turns out it's pretty OP since no one can hit me. Can't wait for someone to mod in horseback bandits. (There was something but it's pretty old and probably outdated, never tried it.)

My problem with CH is the fast dismount doesn't work for me. I have it set to always go off but it doesn't, and when I bound it to the "/" key, that just brings up the perks screen.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

LtSmash posted:

I've been getting stuff done lately. I think I've got a robust way to stop ASIS from freaking out over the evil twin spell from apocalypse spells and other such mods. Also cleaned up a few bugs and some messy editing. Hopefully I'll have a new release tomorrow. Plutoman gave me permissions on the ASIS nexus page so I can post it as a legit update too.
Aw, but running into that bug the first time was just magical - like seeing my first backwards-flying dragon. I hit something with evil twin, see more bandits spawn and just go crazy recasting it because my instinctive reaction to a situation going south is "cast more, faster," and before I know it, there is a horde of angry bandits. :allears:

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

"We Must Dissent"

The Mad Archivist posted:

Aw, but running into that bug the first time was just magical - like seeing my first backwards-flying dragon. I hit something with evil twin, see more bandits spawn and just go crazy recasting it because my instinctive reaction to a situation going south is "cast more, faster," and before I know it, there is a horde of angry bandits. :allears:

Well its dependent on other modders making their scripts work with asis so expect it to keep popping up. Its just solvable now.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Dr. Knothead posted:

I know it got discussed a bit when the mod got upgraded a few months ago, but does anyone have strong feelings on Apocalypse Magic v4 vs. v5?

I like both, using v5 right now. A lot of the stuff that got remove was silly anyhow.

:nws: My only complaint is that the summonable Golden Saints apparently decided to hang one out for fun. :nws:

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Are you sure that's not just an armor mod?

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

LtSmash posted:

Alternate Crafting System is the most feature rich one I've seen.

I keep meaning to ask if there is a mod that does the same for enchanting? I hate that I always end up leveling enchanting even if I play a thief that has all his weapons and armor custom made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Skyrim strikes me as the type of game that encourages you to level every skill. It's how you get those sweet, sweet levels! Plus if you're using SPERG, every tree has something awesome for you to use that any character can benefit from. I love SPERG

• Locked thread