Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
Even if I know we should praise the gods
We should not forget to honor the dead
And so the poems will be read
Without a hint of people from the cloth

((Kinda obvious my vote))

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arp1033
Oct 13, 2012
Poems are always appropriate!

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

The people don't care about a dead royal, they care about their eternal salvation

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Muraena
Feb 18, 2013

Justice. Honor. Anime~
Oh God.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
Mom was the best, and we will make the plebs know it.

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"
Give 'em a Bible.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Religious doctrine because poems don't burn so great!

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
See who gets angry when we talk up Mom, that will give us a clue as to who wanted her dead.

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.

I'm sold. Religious.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Let me tell you about my mum

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!
"The opiate of the masses" sounds like something the masses are in dire need of! :downs:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

I'm pretty sure we don't actually have all that many points in faith, so we couldn't even exploit that religious fervor for our gains. So my vote goes for feeding that mommy complex!

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Voting is closed.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Propaganda

Poems praising your mother: 24

Religious doctrine: 11

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

I don't want anyone to forget her.

That... that's very thoughtful of you.

For a moment, he blinks repeatedly and does not speak.

Joslyn does have emotions! Who knew?

There is a letter for you as well.

(It's from Briony! I went to school with her, but she's a couple years older than me. Her mother is the Duchess of Mead. She's complaining that her mother still won't let her come home for the holidays.)

(Apparently her uncle Kevan has been acting strangely lately and shouting at shadows. Her parents are fighting and she thinks they might split up.)

(She's bored and looking for an adventure. Well, I don't have any to suggest to her!)

This festival occurs the same as last time, until...

The newly planted tree in front of you quivers, and then, out of nowhere, a spurt of water comes up from the ground, spattering you and the assembled crowd with droplets. Just as quickly as it began, it vanishes. The priestesses try to calm the crowds with talk of omens and natural eruptions, but they can't halt the whispers: dark magic. That water tasted of salt.

That night, the guards report that Julianna, the former Duchess of Ursul, has mysteriously vanished from her cell. Everyone is suspected, but no one seems to know what happened.

You now have an enemy on the loose.

Now that we have a magical enemy on the loose, should we reconsider our priorities?

Vote for:

1) 2 classes

2) What mood would be best for Elodie? Should she become angry to get weapon training, or should she remain yielding?

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Mar 19, 2014

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Uh oh. Now we have a witch out for our royal blood on the loose.

2x Presence ans stay Yelding.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
/\ She would probably hit the cap.

Well it's to late to learn magic now anyway.
Just stay yielding, composture times 2

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

As a side note, take a listen to the Explore Castle track. It is my favorite "short" track in the game (less than 15 seconds). It only got 8 listens last week (2 of them mine). It was the reason I did that weekend activity in the first place.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Stay yielding, get composure x2.

One Room Disco
Dec 23, 2013
Stay yielding, Composure and Meditation

Hopefully we can get Divination maxed out in time to see our magical death coming. :v:

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
Elodie is angry
She uses swords blankly
Polearms Daily
She wont be fraily

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Julianna is gone and this makes Elodie Angry

Angry enough to swing swords around willy-nilly. And then to do it again. :black101:

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
2x Composure first, then angry.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Study Instrument (Expression is the only Social skill group we haven't trained) and Foreign Intelligence (more Intrigue is always better).

Stay yielding (there's no bonus to those classes but there's no malus either, and Angry has a malus to Expression).

HangedManArcana
Dec 12, 2012

...T...Thank you.
Meditation, Lore, and continue being yeilding.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
There is an evil mage on the loose. Only a higher power can save us now. Yield to the Almighty, heed the tenets of holy Lore and center yourself with meditation.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

HangedManArcana posted:

Meditation, Lore, and continue being yeilding.
I vote for these as well.

Muraena
Feb 18, 2013

Justice. Honor. Anime~
Presence x2 for the noble party.

Then get angry :getin:

'tis high time we got our military hat on.

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

AJ_Impy posted:

There is an evil mage on the loose. Only a higher power can save us now. Yield to the Almighty, heed the tenets of holy Lore and center yourself with meditation.

This one!

Happy Blue
Oct 18, 2012
Trade and Meditation.

The Lumen shall Yield to the power of money!

I still think we ought to take at least a week's worth of Logistics to pass that falling star check, but I suppose our Divination might be high enough for it not to come up.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Let's Stay Yielding and become the ultimate Econo-Faith Princess! We can control the masses through money and through religion.

Trade and Meditation for the classes. Let's get that Divination up to max, and maybe we'll be able to see enough of what's coming to survive to our coronation. (Probably not.)

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
That was one lovely omen. Train meditation and lore so we can train more Divination and see more lovely omens. Once our divination skill is high enough, every cow in the kingdom will begin farting out an endless stream of bloody, half-liquefied cow fetuses. The entire kingdom will overflow with explosive bovine miscarriages, drowning Julianna wherever she may be hiding. We'll literally kill her using lovely omens. That's how Divination skill works, right?

Pittsburgh Lambic fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Mar 19, 2014

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Better double up on composure to trick everyone into believing we're not scared shitless.

Meander
Apr 1, 2010

Catalina posted:

Let's Stay Yielding and become the ultimate Econo-Faith Princess! We can control the masses through money and through religion.

Trade and Meditation for the classes. Let's get that Divination up to max, and maybe we'll be able to see enough of what's coming to survive to our coronation. (Probably not.)

Yeah I'm down with Econo-Faith princess too, I vote for these as well.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Well, this can only end well.

Stay Yielding, study Presence and Flattery

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Sure, meditation and lore, why not.

Stay yielding
because anger leads to suffering, and a bonus weapon skills, that we might as well neglect at this point, too late to become good enough at them to ever matter.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Happy Blue posted:

I still think we ought to take at least a week's worth of Logistics to pass that falling star check, but I suppose our Divination might be high enough for it not to come up.

The Logistics+Trade check occurs first, so we won't get a chance to use Divination on the falling star unless we fail that check, not the other way around. That said, the L+T check is not like some A+B checks where it checks the sum, but more like the Court Manners + Intrigue check we failed last time because despite having 160 Intrigue we only had 10 Court Manners - so if we do want to pass that one, we'll definitely want to raise Logistics as well as Trade.

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

That was one lovely omen.

And, oddly, we weren't even given a chance to interpret it :(

zonohedron fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Mar 20, 2014

FFKonoko
Jan 1, 2013

Olfacere violarum.
I'll go with 2x Composure first, then angry. but...

It is still a long way off, but I have to ask, is the general plan to go to the party, get shot and use our battlefield medicine to heal ourselves? Because our archery and reflexes are not good. Unless that choice of what to use our agents for will help us.
We could just not go, but dammit, we need to mingle and forge business connections. Also, cake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

FFKonoko posted:

I'll go with 2x Composure first, then angry. but...

It is still a long way off, but I have to ask, is the general plan to go to the party, get shot and use our battlefield medicine to heal ourselves? Because our archery and reflexes are not good. Unless that choice of what to use our agents for will help us.
We could just not go, but dammit, we need to mingle and forge business connections. Also, cake.

This is what I was hoping for, plus the health care event I didn't realize we already, but I guess we'll be skipping the party or dying again.

• Locked thread