Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

sleepingbuddha posted:

Yeah, he mentions this in his latest documentary. gently caress Vince for refusing to provide healthcare for people that constantly get injured doing their drat job. Unfortunately, Obamacare doesn't do anything to fix this particular case of unrestrained greed.

Its probably cheaper for WWE to pay for medical care outright. Which is what they do in most cases, IIRC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I think Slam City is pretty decent. A few chuckles, nothing mindblowing

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I got the email for another free trial as well, I was thinking it was because I actually responded to their survey questions asking me why I cancelled and specifically asked for something like a 48 hour trial to try it with the Xbox app working.

e; maybe they are sending these offers out because subscribers are way down?

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.
Things that I have learned from the old MSG shows - Lord Alfred is the complete and utter worst. The AT &T of people.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Raeg posted:

Things that I have learned from the old MSG shows - Lord Alfred is the complete and utter worst. The AT &T of people.

Other than a random upper midcard barn burner those MSG shows are really loving awful.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Watching the newest WM Rewind with Cena and I think they're treating Cena/Show as the main event of XX. Wasn't it the opener?

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

TUS posted:

Watching the newest WM Rewind with Cena and I think they're treating Cena/Show as the main event of XX. Wasn't it the opener?

It was, for the US title, but remember who was in the main event.

e: No one cares about Taker/Kane II, and I don't think they want to publicize a dead guy and a guy in TNA.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Michael Corleone posted:

e; maybe they are sending these offers out because subscribers are way down?

Really? Is there a way to know how many subscribers their are?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I don't think it's much to do with subscriber numbers, more that they know people canceled while they were having technical problems so they want people to have another chance to try it before the free trial ends this weekend.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
Also there's millions of 360s out there and they don't want to potentially screw themselves out of that entire user base.

RagingHematoma
Apr 19, 2004

Goiters can be beautiful too!

Static Rook posted:

Also there's millions of 360s out there and they don't want to potentially screw themselves out of that entire user base.

The 360 app was unusable. After they fixed the login issues the video playback was a mess. I hooked my PS3 up to my main TV just to watch the network. The app on PS3 has been pretty solid so far.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm still not 100% convinced I'll be able to watch Wrestlemania on my Appletv with a minimum of bullshit. Have they done any further live to air shows since NXT?

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

coconono posted:

I'm still not 100% convinced I'll be able to watch Wrestlemania on my Appletv with a minimum of bullshit. Have they done any further live to air shows since NXT?

They are running the live taping of Main Event every Tuesday up until Wrestlemania. I haven't had any issues watching them.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I had a few minor issues with Main Event last night, just a little buffering but it's been mostly okay.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

I got the trial and the first thing I see is Cena/Laurenitis with Johnny Ace rolling around in trash. I'm ready

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I watched the Main Event replay last night and it worked fine except for 5or 6 times where it went backwards 3 seconds or so.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Only issues I've had are rare instances where it's down for a few minutes or so, plus sometimes I can't get video to play on my phone (but my phone's about 4 years old, I pretty badly need a new one).

Hoping Wrestlemania goes off without a hitch.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

bradzilla posted:

So WWE Network allowed me another free week trial. Renewal won't be until after the September PPV, so yay.
You can keep canceling and signing up for free trials infinitely and that's a massive oversight

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Flameingblack posted:

You can keep canceling and signing up for free trials infinitely and that's a massive oversight

Free trial signups end this Saturday, at least that's my read from the email I got.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Watching the heel turn Countdown.

They seriously listed HBK superkicking Marty over Hulk Hogan turning heel and the Monetreal screwjob? Seriously?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

They added another Legends of Wrestling on Patriotism and Sgt. Slaughter had a lot of cool stories I've never heard about before, including meeting Ronald Reagan in the White House and the president acting like a huge mark.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

LividLiquid posted:

They seriously listed HBK superkicking Marty over Hulk Hogan turning heel and the Monetreal screwjob? Seriously?

Remember Countdown was done by a WWE.com poll, so it's fan voting that decided the order.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

LividLiquid posted:

Yeah, I thought that was a weird choice too. Sure, tossing Marty through the window was iconic and it led to Shawn taking off eventually, but the immediate impact was pretty low in comparison to the others you mentioned.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
MOTHER OF GOD

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

LividLiquid posted:

HBK getting the 1 and 2 spot is correct and proper, though. Dude turned on everyone

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

American Priiiiide.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

It's really kind of awesome. Shawn turned on so many people that even today you always think he's going to superkick someone, just because.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Blasmeister posted:

HBK getting the 1 and 2 spot is correct and proper, though. Dude turned on everyone

I remember in the 27 lead up to Wrestlemania 23 how Cena and Shawn teamed, won the tag titles and then Shawn kicked his head of I believe the monday before Wrestlemania and Cean was like "No I'm not upset it's Shawn Michaels THAT'S WHAT HE DOES!" God that match, the follow up on Raw and the Backlash Fatal Fourway was AMAZING. Thank god Hunter got hurt and Randy was such a screw up he hosed up in Europe and Cena and HBK got an hour

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Onmi posted:

I remember in the 27 lead up to Wrestlemania 23 how Cena and Shawn teamed, won the tag titles and then Shawn kicked his head of I believe the monday before Wrestlemania and Cean was like "No I'm not upset it's Shawn Michaels THAT'S WHAT HE DOES!" God that match, the follow up on Raw and the Backlash Fatal Fourway was AMAZING. Thank god Hunter got hurt and Randy was such a screw up he hosed up in Europe and Cena and HBK got an hour

Elaboration on HHH and Orton?

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Blasmeister posted:

Conversely, I feel like "everyone vs. Sting" should have been somewhere on the list.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Indeed this was incredible. The Betsy Ross flag also implies that he's been walking the planet as an undead for hundreds of years.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Conversely, I feel like "everyone vs. Sting" should have been somewhere on the list.

Would've been a cool feature alongside the Sunny one instead of that clumsy Sandow promo. Using the network to sort of retcon entire characters like they did Sunny and bringing all those feuds together into one arc is cool.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Watching ECW Hardcore TV. The wrestling itself isn't very good but there is something charming about it's production values. It looks like the use the exact same corner of the building for all their backstage segments. Also, how come no one ever mentioned that Dave Attell once worked as a interviewer for ECW?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

Elaboration on HHH and Orton?

Triple H was supposed to headline WrestleMania 23 against Cena in a rematch from the previous year, but tore his quad and was out for months. They slid HBK into the slot instead.

Randy hosed up a hotel room on a European tour and got de-pushed for a while as a result, and possibly suspended. There was a famous image on the forums at the time of Randy RKOing a TV which was tremendous.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

TL posted:

Triple H was supposed to headline WrestleMania 23 against Cena in a rematch from the previous year, but tore his quad and was out for months. They slid HBK into the slot instead.

Randy hosed up a hotel room on a European tour and got de-pushed for a while as a result, and possibly suspended. There was a famous image on the forums at the time of Randy RKOing a TV which was tremendous.

Yeah, to elaborate on Randy, I believe it was Raw in England, the planned matches had been Cena vs HBK and then Orton vs Edge to play into the Fatal Fourway at Backlash, now keep in mind Wresltemanias build was Rated RKO fought Michaels in a Triple Threat to determine the No.1 contender, and I believe Cena/Michaels took the tag titles from Rated RKO too. But again, Orton being a the massive fuckup he was, trashed his hotel room and the office got loving pissed and it's like "Okay, now we don't have an opponent for Edge" rather than come up with one they just told Cena and HBK to go for an hour.

It was a really, REALLY good hour of raw, it was, in my opinion, better than their Wrestlemania match which was already good.

Orton as punishment? I believe Cena ate the Super Kick at Backlash and pinned Orton by falling on his unconscious body.

When they cut that promo that Orton has had issues inside the ring and outside the ring and keeps getting given second chances? that's all real. Orton is/was a MASSIVE gently caress up as a person, lotion/poop in handbag only scratches the surface.

In the Triple H vs Cena rematch... well the first Triple H match had him basically bury Cena with the whole "You can't wrestle, the fans hate you, you suck" and Cena going "Yes, but I have guts!" which I think pretty much killed the fans who would cheer him cause he just gets shat upon by this mega-heel and goes "Yes, I suck, you are 100% correct"

Compare to Cena and HBK, who put each other over really well, and... personally I feel they had some really fun segments together, had good tag matches together. Just a lot of chemistry.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Sky Shadowing posted:

Only issues I've had are rare instances where it's down for a few minutes or so, plus sometimes I can't get video to play on my phone (but my phone's about 4 years old, I pretty badly need a new one).

Hoping Wrestlemania goes off without a hitch.

Oh boy, WrestleMania is going to be the big test because I guarantee the vast majority of subscribers signed-up just for a $10 WrestleMania. I hope WWE is aware there is going to be a mass login for the show and if it crashes at any point it'll make ROH's GoFightLive fiasco from two years back look insignifigant.

Already I'm getting weirdness where the show will suddenly skip back a few seconds before fixing itself. Let's hope.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I am about to ruin this for you, as someone on here has ruined it for me.

Rick Steiner celebrates before he could possibly know what is inside the coat.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

coconono posted:

I'm about 10% convinced that Wrestlemania will go off with a minimum amount of bullshit on the network.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
The 360 app now has the ECW and WCW PPVs (in the Vault for some reason) but it still won't load older Wrestlemanias/Royal Rumbles/Summerslams/Survivor Series...es.

So that's an issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

Hockles posted:

I am about to ruin this for you, as someone on here has ruined it for me.

Rick Steiner celebrates before he could possibly know what is inside the coat.

I can see that.
And it's hilarious.