Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Klogdor
Jul 17, 2007

nielsm posted:

Cost for Sweden to Finland: 360 SEK (about $55 USD)

About the same price as Tromsų-Stockholm then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amok
Oct 5, 2004
You can't spell failure without U R A
The STO-HEL/TKU ferries also offer the option of getting stone-cold drunk.

Amok
Oct 5, 2004
Oh god doubleposting.

The camera arrived today, I pressed butans and it said click so it's still in ok shape! You can feast your eyes on this:

I plan on getting my shooting done during the next two weeks, and assuming that the postal workers don't go on strike (yes really) I can send the camera to it's next destination so that it probably won't make it there by christmas because all the mail delivery services will be overloaded with christmas cards and gifts and stuff.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Amok posted:

Oh god doubleposting.

The camera arrived today, I pressed butans and it said click so it's still in ok shape! You can feast your eyes on this:

I plan on getting my shooting done during the next two weeks, and assuming that the postal workers don't go on strike (yes really) I can send the camera to it's next destination so that it probably won't make it there by christmas because all the mail delivery services will be overloaded with christmas cards and gifts and stuff.

Nice camera.

Amok
Oct 5, 2004
Got it in the mail today aswell. Clean, works well, foam bits seem to be in good shape, actually has batteries in and seems to meter ok, also came with original strap! (No lenses yet though, but what's the hurry.)

A COMPUTER GUY
Aug 23, 2007

I can't spare this man - he fights.
I would love to take either of the cameras for a spin when they swing back to the US. I'm in Orange County, CA and I've been itching to have more opportunities to use my Beseler enlarger.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Once it ends up in the vaguely-western portion of North America again I'll take it for a spin myself.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
I haven't read the whole thread but wished id seen it sooner so i could offer to take it to antarctica with me next week

e: if it comes to australia (again?) i'll take it.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

If it's headed to the east coast of the USA I'm up for running a roll through it.

Amok
Oct 5, 2004
If ExecuDork isn't against Finland hoarding the camera for a while extra, I have a friend who is a goon, sometimes takes photographs and lives nearby. There is a big chance of dogge pictures if the camera is passed along to her though. Also the camera would be stuck here over Christmas, instead of being stuck in the mail somewhere.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

SoundMonkey posted:

Once it ends up in the vaguely-western portion of North America again I'll take it for a spin myself.
You say that as if it ever ended up in the vaguely western part of North America in the first place in the last year and a half.

Let's face it, we're never getting the camera.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Amok posted:

If ExecuDork isn't against Finland hoarding the camera for a while extra, I have a friend who is a goon, sometimes takes photographs and lives nearby. There is a big chance of dogge pictures if the camera is passed along to her though. Also the camera would be stuck here over Christmas, instead of being stuck in the mail somewhere.

Have her come post here then. Gonna go all ex-cathedra and say that dogge pics are mandatory if the camera is to be in Finland for a while.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

Amok posted:

1. Agreed with SoundMonkey - get her in here, even if just to say "Hi". Dogge pictures IN TRADITIONAL FINNISH CHRISTMAS ATTIRE now mandatory.
2. No problemo (see point 1, though).

Sludge Tank posted:

I haven't read the whole thread but wished id seen it sooner so i could offer to take it to antarctica with me next week

e: if it comes to australia (again?) i'll take it.
1. Antarctica! gently caress! That would be every possible kind of awesome! Any chance you'll go again?
2. Hasn't been to Australia, yet.

It will make it back* to the vaguely-western portion of North America again, eventually.

* It started in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, which is traditionally included in "Western Canada". And it visited the west coast region of the USA - does nobody remember Bob Socko's record-breaking turnaround?

Rixatrix
Aug 5, 2006

ExecuDork posted:

1. Agreed with SoundMonkey - get her in here, even if just to say "Hi". Dogge pictures IN TRADITIONAL FINNISH CHRISTMAS ATTIRE now mandatory.
2. No problemo (see point 1, though).
Yeah dogge pictures will be arranged. Thanks for this, I need some incentive to get back to taking pictures of things.

I'm going to have to think about the Christmas attire for a bit. The only similar thing everyone wears (or rather doesn't) is that everyone is naked in the Christmas sauna and I'm not shaving down my dogs for this drat you. It's too cold outside!

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
Yeah i'll be going back. If there's any chance to get it here by then i'll gladly take it and send the processed film to the next person or back to you

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

Rixatrix posted:

Yeah dogge pictures will be arranged. Thanks for this, I need some incentive to get back to taking pictures of things.

I'm going to have to think about the Christmas attire for a bit. The only similar thing everyone wears (or rather doesn't) is that everyone is naked in the Christmas sauna and I'm not shaving down my dogs for this drat you. It's too cold outside!
Hi! and welcome!

You're creative, you must be. Artfully arranged naked-people pictures (with dogge) would be acceptable, as you have described the Finnish traditional Christmas attire as "naked" and we'll have to take your word for it, I guess.

I dunno, maybe a picture taken from inside the sauna of the dogge outside, looking forlorn or happy-to-be-wearing-fur or something?

Sludge Tank posted:

Yeah i'll be going back. If there's any chance to get it here by then i'll gladly take it and send the processed film to the next person or back to you
Good stuff. The rate this thing moves, it might not be in the Southern Hemisphere for a loooooooooooong time anyways, and there are a couple of other Aussie goons who might be interested at that point.

Amok
Oct 5, 2004
Man, going through a roll of film was slower than I thought! I'm going to commit a terrible sacrilege and take the roll of b/w to be developed instead of doing it myself, as this way a) it'll get done and b) I get basic scans immediately. Going to give the camera to Rixatrix tomorrow, and get my pics up by friday next week. If somebody could hit me up with the tumblr info, that would be great!

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
PM sent to Amok, let me know if it doesn't come through or doesn't make sense.

Amok
Oct 5, 2004
Pics posted to tumblr, but they're unfortunately missing the post titles I intended them to have. They might get fixed later maybe? I'll post stuff here in the thread as well, but later when I've had time to process the pictures I took with my Canon 600D as "test images".

(Tumblr url for the lazy: http://dorkroom-ae1-world.tumblr.com/)

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Turns out I was wrong about the titles thing, I guess Tumblr doesn't do post titles. But I edited in the stuff Amok PM'd me anyway, as bold lines.

Rixatrix, you got the camera?

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

ExecuDork posted:

Turns out I was wrong about the titles thing, I guess Tumblr doesn't do post titles. But I edited in the stuff Amok PM'd me anyway, as bold lines.

Rixatrix, you got the camera?

Hey dorkmans, I realized I never posted pictures from Idiot poo poo Piss Garbage Camera to the Tumblr! Can you PM me whatever I need to do that?

Also who has that now?

Rixatrix
Aug 5, 2006

I have the camera and I've taken a bunch of dogge pictures without naked people in them. Will finish the current roll during the weekend and send the camera on its merry way, hopefully somewhere with light. There's no snow here and it's dark and bleak as gently caress.

Who do I send it to next?

Rixatrix fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Jan 3, 2014

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Good question.

Frost was in Germany, but long ago said after July would get unpredictable. We're well past July, so I dunno.
maxmars is in Italy, perhaps him?

Any other Euro-goons want in on some 80's SLR goodness?

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

What happened to this thread, why the poo poo post tag? Is the camera thingy still real? I live in Finland (in Tampere) and my freezer is full of film. I could even shoot a roll of Kodachrome 64, altough the lack of development services would mean I had to dec it in rodinal or something.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

finland is the new new york

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Ihmemies posted:

What happened to this thread, why the poo poo post tag? Is the camera thingy still real? I live in Finland (in Tampere) and my freezer is full of film. I could even shoot a roll of Kodachrome 64, altough the lack of development services would mean I had to dec it in rodinal or something.

I think the thread had a tag that was temporary and when that tag got removed it reverted back to poo poo post.

I also learned that I can't manually set a thread tag to poo poo post, which made me really sad.

Amok
Oct 5, 2004

Mr. Despair posted:

finland is the new new york
Hopefully we won't hog the camera for as long as NYC did, though. Also numbers: The NYC metropolitan area is about a tenth of the surface area of Finland in size, while having almost four times the population.

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

Not now chief, I'm in the fuckin' zone.
mods plz change thread title to "between two Finns"

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Mightaswell posted:

mods plz change thread title to "a tale of two cameras"

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

jfc I can only change it to one thing at once.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

it was the best of Finns, it was the worst of Finns

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Mr. Despair posted:

it was the best of Finns, it was the worst of Finns

the best compromise

Amok
Oct 5, 2004
Oh yeah, we're totally ready to mail the camera to where-ever, if someone will give us an destination. We can take more pictures with it too while we wait I guess, if there's nowhere for it to go yet? We actually have snow now which makes things a bit less bleak!

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

There's still no taker for the camera?

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Uhhh.... OK, I ignored this thread for a while because stuff and nonsense and so on, but c'mon, there's got to be SOMEBODY in Europe who wants to play with it!

Anyone? Please? Bitte?

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

~+*GOON PROJECTS*+~

Bumping because my wife just dug her Dad's old SLR out of the storage room. Turns out it's an AE-1 with a 50mm f/1.8 attached, complete with some Tri-X that expired in 1998. Reminded me of this project, and how easy it is to shoot a roll of film, develop/scan/post it, and then go to the post office.

Mail it back to the states? Hell, I'll take it again.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

This is all karma for skipping New Jersey :colbert:

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Ok seriously shitcocks, someone offer to take it and they're getting it, even if it has to leave Europe (although ideally not).

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Unless someone in Europe steps up, I've wanted to get my paws on it since the beginning when NY had it forever and NJ was close enough to get the backlash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
Yeah if it ever makes it back to the PNW I would like a crack at this thing.

• Locked thread