Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Yes Please I want to see more Wallfish and his friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
All the recent videos have been awesome. Most of them are good, but Lowtax has seriously been on a roll here lately.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Light Gun Man posted:

All the recent videos have been awesome. Most of them are good, but Lowtax has seriously been on a roll here lately.
Thank you, I appreciate all the kind words!!!

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Lowtax posted:

Your video's are bad and your YouTube channel stinks!

Haha just kidding you're alright we're all friends here.

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009

hayden. posted:

This is the best video you've done so far IMO, and my girlfriend who's usually so-so on your stuff absolutely loved this and was in tears laughing, barely breathing. She's a MST3K fan too so maybe that's why it worked for her. Please more of this! I clicked on a bunch of ads for you.

Same here. I really like when Slowbeef and Diabetus do longplays, so one with Slowbeef and Lowtax is extra amazing. It's like two connoisseurs of terrible poo poo came together to mock something so hilariously bad in every single way. I think this means that Shmorky and Diabetus have to do a video together now.

necroid
May 14, 2009

I wonder why you never hear Shmorky AND Slowbeef together in the same video, makes you think doesn't it??

their names both start with an S

az
Dec 2, 2005

Lowtax posted:

Lowtax do you ever play fun games anymore? You can't let the poo poo games ruin you man.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

az posted:

Lowtax do you ever play fun games anymore? You can't let the poo poo games ruin you man.

Who is being ruined by what now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImdgF3FjXAQ

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

az posted:

Dude's playing EDF, which is more than enough to counter these games.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
I am really starting to wonder how much this really does have in common with the devs of cry of fear. Cry of Fear was an awful game but it seemed better put together than this both on a technical and gameplay level.

Could it merely be a budget difference?

Edit:\/ so a shittier ripoff of an already lovely game. That explains a lot.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Mar 20, 2014

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Mokinokaro posted:

I am really starting to wonder how much this really does have in common with the devs of cry of fear. Cry of Fear was an awful game but it seemed better put together than this both on a technical and gameplay level.

Could it merely be a budget difference?

The opening text said: "Inspirado no game Cry of Fear" - Inspired by the game Cry of Fear

Andreas Rönnberg (the guy who made Cry of Fear) is credited for the music and sound effects. Simperson Cruz probably stole his music, put a title card in there, and called it a day.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

And More posted:

The opening text said: "Inspirado no game Cry of Fear" - Inspired by the game Cry of Fear

Andreas Rönnberg (the guy who made Cry of Fear) is credited for the music and sound effects. Simperson Cruz probably stole his music, put a title card in there, and called it a day.
Inspirado no SOPHIE??? SOPHIE??? SOPHIE??? IS THAT YOU, SOPHIE???

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
If they're brazilian portuguese, these guys should team up with the Bad Rats dev team and make the worlds first Survival Horror First Person Rat Physics Puzzler

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Is my wife still there?

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
WIIFE? IS THAT YOU WIFIE??! ON MY PHOOOONE?

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

WIIFE? IS THAT YOU WIFIE??! ON MY PHOOOONE?
It's not his real wife, it's just a phoney.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
That was still better than Cry of Fear.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Lowtax posted:

Inspirado no SOPHIE??? SOPHIE??? SOPHIE??? IS THAT YOU, SOPHIE???

MARIO?? MAAAARIOOOOOOO!?

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
The health pills are antipsychotics. :psyduck:

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

bathroomrage posted:

The health pills are antipsychotics. :psyduck:
For SSRIs, they're very fast acting.

RSCNyx
Mar 6, 2013

It's okay, little guy. I would be scared too.
I'm curious if the flickering effect was some sort of horrible glitch, or intentional.

If it was intentional, why?!

I would say it's the most irritating thing, but that dishonor belongs to the obnoxious level design.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

RSCNyx posted:

If it was intentional, why?!
That's what's so frustrating to me, the fact that they seem to have gone out of their way to make the game as obnoxious as possible, as if they wanted people to not like it.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

¿NO ES BUENO POR JUGAR EL JUGEO VIDEO?

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!
Why are all these games in asylums, hospitals, and office buildings? Why not a real scary place like a circus for color blind people or the inside of a really fat guy with Crohn's disease?

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES

Lowtax posted:

That's what's so frustrating to me, the fact that they seem to have gone out of their way to make the game as obnoxious as possible, as if they wanted people to not like it.

I get the feeling that they force their friends to play the levels to show off how clever they are to make a videogame and make it this bad so they can call those guys pussies for not wanting to play.

Of course, when I say friends they're purely hypothetical.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Crankit posted:

I get the feeling that they force their friends to play the levels to show off how clever they are to make a videogame and make it this bad so they can call those guys pussies for not wanting to play.

Of course, when I say friends they're purely hypothetical.
Well they show that they potentially have the possibility to make a game that doesn't suck and doesn't make you want to immediately stop playing, but then they layer all this unnecessary atrocious garbage on top of it. It's like having a really good cut of meat, but then somebody tries to cook it and burns it, covers it with vomit, and leaves it out to rot for a month.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
In the end we just want a scary game that's an adaptation of the Garfield strips. I know I'd be spooked, trying to find eight Odies while-

[img]http://i.imgur.com/sdXYnkCl.jpg"]son of a bitch[/img]

:arghfist::gurf:

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
Highlights of part 2:

- Shmorky predicts a chair attacking Lowtax.
- Some guy walks into the SA offices.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
- They miraculously solve a puzzle without unterstanding the language or using the internet.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Faber posted:

- They miraculously solve a puzzle without unterstanding the language or using the internet.
If you think that was miraculous, wait until you see me relentlessly plow through the puzzles in the garbage shitheap horror game we played for tomorrow!

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing

Lowtax posted:

If you think that was miraculous, wait until you see me relentlessly plow through the puzzles in the garbage shitheap horror game we played for tomorrow!

I hope it too has ghost chairs.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

FunMerrania posted:

I hope it too has ghost chairs.
I've think we've probably done all the games featuring ghost chairs.

Mr. Noseybonk
Jul 17, 2012

Lowtax posted:

I've think we've probably done all the games featuring ghost chairs.

I don't know. I think ghost chairs could take the Internet by storm! Look out, Slenderman! Your time on top is over!

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.

Phoenixan posted:

- Some guy walks into the SA offices.
Definitely the highlight for Shmorky's reaction :)

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
The kicker for me is "I've been here for ten minutes."

breadingbutter
Dec 28, 2013

by Ralp
lowtax got a jump scare for once.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Indiarte isn't as catchy as Trelyate.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

David D. Davidson posted:

The kicker for me is "I've been here for ten minutes."
Yeah, that made me slightly uncomfortable.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Lowtax posted:

Yeah, that made me slightly uncomfortable.

I feel really bad for Schmorky, too.

Lock your doors, gents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Lowtax posted:

For SSRIs, they're very fast acting.

SSRIs aren't antipsychotics :colbert:

• Locked thread