Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Presence x2

Stay yielding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

FFKonoko posted:

It is still a long way off, but I have to ask, is the general plan to go to the party, get shot and use our battlefield medicine to heal ourselves? Because our archery and reflexes are not good. Unless that choice of what to use our agents for will help us.
We could just not go, but dammit, we need to mingle and forge business connections. Also, cake.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I was definitely planning on voting not to go, so that either we survive to be crowned or at least get to see a different way to die than getting filled with arrows. (Going to the party is not a death sentence, but, well, we've seen what happens when we go and don't understand arrows or medicine.)

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Composure and Elegance. Remember, we've got a gala coming next week.

Also, shift mood towards Willful.

Air is lava! posted:

Now I really wonder which option we are missing due to lack of strategy.
Maybe we'll see next time?

Rogue AI Goddess fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Mar 20, 2014

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Stay yielding, and study trade and composure.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

2x composure then drive angry :black101:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

zonohedron posted:

I can't speak for anyone else, but I was definitely planning on voting not to go, so that either we survive to be crowned or at least get to see a different way to die than getting filled with arrows. (Going to the party is not a death sentence, but, well, we've seen what happens when we go and don't understand arrows or medicine.)

It'd also be useful to keep in mind that a single arrow might not be the only dangerous thing in that whole ambush. Chances are that even if we did survive that, we'd still be big trouble.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012
Trade because Econoprincess.

Presence because what economic advances we cannot accomplish through our knowledge of trade we can accomplish through force of will.

Stay Yielding until we have our demeanor down. Once we are properly royal, we can go angry and train weapons so that what we cannot accomplish through force of will we can accomplish at the point of the sword. Now that's what I call economics!

We don't need any of that silly faith stuff; reading tea leaves to tell us where to put our money is a horrible idea best left to small-time merchants, not the badass ruler of the Econovan Empire!

And, as always, rock the Fabutux 3000

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Voting is closed.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Mood

Yielding: 17

Angry: 7

Willful: 1

Obligitory

Fabutux 3000: 1

Classes

Composure: 17

Meditation: 10

Presence: 8

Lore: 6

Trade: 5

Swords: 3

Polearms: 1

Instrument: 1

Foreign Intelligence: 1

Flattery: 1

Elegance: 1

Winners

Yielding

Fabutux 3000

Composure

Meditation

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Are you ready for the grand ball? All the nobles in the domain are here to see you - to see their queen.

(gulp!)

You finish dressing and descend the stairs to make a grand entrance. All around, the rich and powerful pause in their activities to gaze upon you, the ruler of them all.

After a moment, you force yourself to carry on, but you're sure they've all seen you hesitate. Your father waits for you at the bottom of the stairs and offers you his arm.

The first dance is for us.

He guides you gently around the dance floor, never rushing you. It's fun to dance with your father, but the look in his eyes is so sad.

After this, you must choose your own partner. There are a number of men who hope to catch your eye. The Duke of Kigal alone has brought three eligible sons, all near your age.

You look around the room at all your possible partners - which is to say, everyone. No one may begin dancing until you do. You can pick whomever you want and you will not be denied.

No doubt every noble family with eligible sons has dreams of a royal wedding. Your choice will raise some hopes and dash others. Feuds could be born here. The Duke of Kigal has not yet named any of his sons as his official heir, but his second son, Linley, was always kind to you at school. If you wished to show favor to Kigal, Linley would be your choice. The Duchy of Elath is currently held in regency for its young lord Adair, who is only twelve and a head shorter than you are. Elath is a rich territory, and at least little Adair wouldn't try to take any liberties. Dancing with Banion, the Duke of Maree, could be quite awkward if you did not actually wish to marry him. He has been waiting years for a powerful heiress to accept his suit. Not all nobles are created equal. You could choose someone charming and unimportant, like the Earl of Mima, a territory too minor for anyone to consider it a threat. However, the major families might eat him alive afterwards. If you wished to distract attention from your marital prospects, you could choose someone clearly ineligible. One of your uncles, or an older family man like the Earl of Ishtar, or even a woman, though that would be mildly scandalous.

We need:
  • Someone to dance with

• 2 Classes

• To deal with Sirin

And praise the tuxedo, of course

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Let's insult Sirin with false flattery. Surely our flattery skill of 0 is enough. :shepface:

What? :colbert:

(Yes, it is entirely possible that I'm ripping off seorin.)

Warning: That link will have Fate/Stay Night spoilers on any post other than seorin's, so don't scroll around unless you have read the VN.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Mar 20, 2014

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Adair, princess need more money.

Double composure

Bask in the glorious insult.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Eliode has all of the grace of a country bumpkin good job goon democracy.

Flattery x2

Dance with the Earl of Mima

Shame with Scorn

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

2 x Economics subjects
Check out the ladies :heysexy:
Trip her over

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Why are we still yielding?!

Gah, go with Intrigue x2 I guess. Dance with Adair so hopefully he won't be brutally murdered this time around. Insult Sirin with false flattery because that will work swimmingly I'm sure. :v:

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Suzaku posted:

We don't need any of that silly faith stuff; reading tea leaves to tell us where to put our money is a horrible idea best left to small-time merchants, not the badass ruler of the Econovan Empire!

But if we control the church,think of all the money we could raise from the donations that are getting tax exempt staus! My vote is still for EconoFaith Princess! The tuxedo will be our Holy Garb!

Let's dance with Adair as means as an apology for getting him killed last game.
Meditation and Lore for our bright EconoFaith future.
Insult Sirin with false flattery because sometimes failing a skill check is the correct option.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Since 'bewilder everyone with solo breakdancing' is not an option, Ishtar.

ISHTAR HAS THE BEST DANCERS.

Praise the Tux, Demeanor x2, Trip.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Since it looks like a second page of options that will probably give us the chance to come back here, show us the ladies! :heysexy:

Edit to add, battlefield medicine x2 and shame the gold-digger.

IMJack fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Mar 20, 2014

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Adair, 2 Faith, Trip

Happy Blue
Oct 18, 2012
Dance with Linley, in the hopes of seeing new events.

Take Trade and Accounting to increase our grip on Nova's economy.

Flatter Sirin, because it will be hilarious.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Examine the women, because why the hell not
Intriguex2
Insult

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Dance with a lady :j:

Instrument x2 (so we can see whether or not the musician in Week 23 is any good after all) :banjo:

Flatter Sirin. There's no possible way that trying to subtly insult someone without having been tutored in the art of insulting subtly could go wrong, is there? :shobon:

Muraena
Feb 18, 2013

Justice. Honor. Anime~
Scorn dat lady, study Trade and Accounting and give us a full list of dancing partners, ya?

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012
Invest in the fiscal future of the Econovan Empire. Dance with Adair.

Trade because money.

Catalina has shown me the way. Let us Meditate upon the wisdom contained within the Holy Ledger.

Flatter the trollop because hilarity.

Let us garb ourselves in the Fabutux 3000

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Adair, Intrigue x2, and flatter Sirin for the upcoming trainwreck.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Lets go with Adair, so we get to know him before whatever strange stuff happens to him later.

Attempt to trip her, miss, and instead kick her in the face.

Internal Affairs x2.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Let's dance with a lady, upgrade whatever our lowest economy skill is, and use flatter.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Muraena posted:

Scorn dat lady, study Trade and Accounting and give us a full list of dancing partners, ya?

The player doesn't get to see the female options until they pick "examine the women," which is the point of no return. I'm trying to emulate the game here, so I'm not going to show it unless people choose that option.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Mar 21, 2014

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

Poil posted:

Double composure

This guy/girlgoon has the right idea, and I agree wholeheartedly.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Poil posted:

Double composure

seems fine.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Force Adair into a marriage. It's what I said to do last time anyway. As an added bonus, we now know that Elath has a poo poo-ton of wealth to steal, and the Tuxedo Princess totally can't resist that.

of bees
Dec 28, 2009
Let's examine the women, study some composure, and scorn the lady.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

Force Adair into a marriage. It's what I said to do last time anyway. As an added bonus, we now know that Elath has a poo poo-ton of wealth to steal, and the Tuxedo Princess totally can't resist that.

Huh, somehow I missed that. This is a good idea for max EconoPrincess, and from now on, I'm going to vote in favor of this idea.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Check out the ladies, since we're already dressed like a dapper gentleman. :v:

Composure x2, Scorn.

A Pair Of Ducks
Dec 16, 2009
Pick your battles. Our royal demeanor sucks but it isn't necessarily gonna get us killed.

Anyway Scope out some chicks then reflexes x2 and finally give the lady some false flattery. What's the worst that could happen?

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.

ViggyNash posted:

Lets go with Adair, so we get to know him before whatever strange stuff happens to him later.

Attempt to trip her, miss, and instead kick her in the face.

Internal Affairs x2.

This.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

You guys are really trying to make this game live up to that "hella yuri" tag.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Frocobo posted:

You guys are really trying to make this game live up to that "hella yuri" tag.

Nothing wrong with checking out the ladies :colbert:

Also we must study how to trade (twice, in fact), and stare at the gold digger until she goes away.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
I couldn't figure out what it had to do with economics, but is tuxedo Elodie supposed to be the Monopoly guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.
I would definitely think that checking out the ladies is the most amusing way to resolve this problem.

• Locked thread