Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heavy Zed
Mar 23, 2013

Is there anything here I can swing from?

ProfessorProf posted:

The light spirit lives in the sunglasses he is always wearing. The dark spirit lives in the gloves he is always wearing.

Those are driving gloves. He doesn't wear them most of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

If Paranatural continues this trend of increasingly becoming more similar to Asian animated cartoons, then I wouldn't be surprised if Studio Trigger starts referencing it some ten or twenty years after its ending.

Anyway, were we formally introduced to Agent Day yet? I'd assume Day was the person with white dreads sitting right outside of the ghost train, but Spender only spoke to Doctor Zarei before boarding.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ProfessorProf posted:

The light spirit lives in the sunglasses he is always wearing. The dark spirit lives in the gloves he is always wearing.

He's only been wearing them this chapter though.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Level Slide posted:

Anyway, were we formally introduced to Agent Day yet? I'd assume Day was the person with white dreads sitting right outside of the ghost train, but Spender only spoke to Doctor Zarei before boarding.

That's who we were going to pick up. Now that that's out the window they'll probably show up to save the kids and/or Spender. Possibly screwing up Spender's gambit to call on evil shadow spirit for real. (And now--Oh! Day. I wasn't doing anything! No Faustian bargains with angry spirits I'm possessed by. Nope.)

VictorGrunn
Feb 15, 2004
Ye Guilty
I'm really liking this update. Forge did seem a little hesitant about the point in question at first - nice to see that got put out in the open when there was an opportunity for it.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
That fukken grin.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Link to update
:rock: This update is the best!

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Hahah jesus Forge burned the hell out Spender.

What is YOUR excuse Spender? Hmm?!

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Looks like Spender is about to go :ssj: up in this bitch

Kesshan
Jan 29, 2010

That alt-text is crazy reminding me of Pictures for Sad Children.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Forge really likes to tilt his head upward whenever he thinks he's being cool (which is usually).

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oxxidation posted:

Forge really likes to tilt his head upward whenever he thinks he's being cool (which is usually).

Forge is super cool.

VictorGrunn
Feb 15, 2004
Ye Guilty
I like how Spender had a pretty obvious moment of psychological weakness when Forge asked him who was on the train. He seems both surprised Forge cares, and ashamed at remembering.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Forge is super cool.

Forge used to be an interestingly ambiguous figure. Now he's absolutely the guy who'll die with a sword in his gut, choking on the words, "Greater Good."

Mystic Mongol fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Mar 22, 2014

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Mystic Mongol posted:

Forge used to be an interestingly ambiguous figure. Now he's absolutely the guy who'll die with a sword in his gut, choking on the words, "Greater Good."
From Spender's point of view, he's probably seeing this dude as kind of his 'evil opposite' Lawful Evil bad guy that every "greater good" anime hero/mentor eventually gets. The Means vs The End kind of thing.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

I like how Spender seems to be putting an emphasis on the stu in students. As if there could be other kinds of dents on the train.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Shindragon posted:

Hahah jesus Forge burned the hell out Spender.

He is not only the spirit in command of fire, but also sick burns.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Line Feed posted:

I like how Spender seems to be putting an emphasis on the stu in students. As if there could be other kinds of dents on the train.

There could be. I'm sure it's quite easy to put dents in trains when you're as strong as Forge. And so concludes the dumbest post I've ever made, probably.

Nick_326
Nov 3, 2011

History's Latest Monster
http://neophema.tumblr.com/post/80133411727/forge-statuette-ready-to-be-painted

http://neophema.tumblr.com/post/80139810191/i-heard-someone-wanted-a-saucy-blacksmith

Switching gears:

http://www.comicmix.com/mix-march-madness-webcomics-tournament/2014/03/20/vote-now-mix-march-madness-2014-webcomics-tournament-round-2/

In case you guys didn't know, Paranatural is part of this webcomics tournament thing again. It's up against Everblue right now, and while it currently has a 25 point lead, it wouldn't hurt to give it an extra push.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Line Feed posted:

I read that as his voice cracking as he said it. As in "oh God, the children under my care are in mortal peril and it took this smug anvil-man to make me realize it."

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Spender and Forge strike me as the sort to hate each other specifically because they're so alike.

I have nothing to base this opinion on except the clear fact that they're both goony nerds.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

Spender and Forge strike me as the sort to hate each other specifically because they're so alike.

I have nothing to base this opinion on except the clear fact that they're both goony nerds.

Nothing screams nerd more than closing your eyes in anticipation of a deathblow based off of anime story conventions.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Brought To You By posted:

Nothing screams nerd more than closing your eyes in anticipation of a deathblow based off of anime story conventions.

Looking at.the sky so your opponent knows you are talking Down to them.

Heavy Zed
Mar 23, 2013

Is there anything here I can swing from?
Forge sure can talk...

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
I like to imagine Spender is going "I said I understand SOME of High Spirit I lost you at 'good is a rational act.'"

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Forge :allears:

E: Max's falling face is amazing. I'm not sure what Isabel is trying to do though. She caught Max, but how is that supposed to help if she let go of the floor?

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Mar 28, 2014

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tollymain posted:

E: Max's falling face is amazing. I'm not sure what Isabel is trying to do though. She caught Max, but how is that supposed to help if she let go of the floor?

She'll figure it out on the way down.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Oh God, the alt text :laffo:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Tollymain posted:

Forge :allears:

I figure she's going for Eightfold's book with her free hand, then grabbing back on.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

I figure she's going for Eightfold's book with her free hand, then grabbing back on.

No, she was going for Eightfold's book, but when she saw Max was falling she went to save him instead, at the cost of losing her own grip and any chance of getting the book. Thus illustrating that she's a better person than Spender see: what Forge is talking about in this comic.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
She'll now be falling faster because of Max's acceleration, so she could try to grab the book again. That would leave her with no hands to hold on to anything, though.

(there's no indication that any of this actually obeys actual physics, she could also do the ultrafastspiritworld thing and rearrange book and Max alike to some suitable position)

ronya fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Mar 28, 2014

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

ronya posted:

She'll now be falling faster because of Max's acceleration, so she could try to grab the book again. That would leave her with no hands to hold on to anything, though.

(there's no indication that any of this actually obeys actual physics, she could also do the ultrafastspiritworld thing and rearrange book and Max alike to some suitable position)
She can't do the spirit world thing, her spirit is in the book which she does not have.

Max could though.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I'd guessed earlier that she was gonna grab the book and then go Superspeed mid-fall to catch Max.

Bananachin
May 1, 2010
If you look in the first panel of here, though, it looks like the train's pointed its nose straight down and done its deflecty dealie.

The train and all its passengers are going to be six feet under if those two dorks don't stop philosophising at each other.

Bananachin fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Mar 28, 2014

Radiochromatic
Feb 17, 2011

Splicer posted:

She can't do the spirit world thing, her spirit is in the book which she does not have.

Max could though.

I'm not so sure. It was established on this page that Isabel has a strong enough connection to her tool that she can manipulate it even at a distance. Not that it would do much good in this situation. She'd just perceive falling slower, but she wouldn't fall faster than her tool. She could just as easily create a net for them to fall into.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
That monologue.

Thank Christ that Forge never possessed Isaac, it'd be an anime singularity.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oxxidation posted:

That monologue.

Thank Christ that Forge never possessed Isaac, it'd be an anime singularity.

Gray and blue aren't that dissimilar~

Bananachin posted:

If you look in the first panel of here, though, it looks like the train's pointed its nose straight down and done its deflecty dealie.

The train and all its passengers are going to be six feet under if those two dorks don't stop philosophising at each other.

More like sixty feet, that train is hauling

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
He should've spent another week working on the writing of this one. God drat that is a half baked important monologue.

Or you know at least let someone proof read it.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Darth Windu posted:

He should've spent another week working on the writing of this one. God drat that is a half baked important monologue.

Or you know at least let someone proof read it.

What's the problem exactly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Captain Oblivious posted:

What's the problem exactly?

The third panel sticks out as completely horrible. A lot of it reads very awkwardly. Dude's obviously not a writer, and the comic suffers for it sometimes, but it is particularly bad in this one.

I like the metaphor about burning the present, though.