Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Frocobo posted:

You guys are really trying to make this game live up to that "hella yuri" tag.

Hey man, it's not like we're going to woo any of them with our low dance skill. Might as well be scandalous again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Mikl posted:

Nothing wrong with checking out the ladies :colbert:

Also we must study how to trade (twice, in fact), and stare at the gold digger until she goes away.

This will work for me as well. Let's go for maximum hilarious awkwardness.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

ViggyNash posted:

Lets go with Adair, so we get to know him before whatever strange stuff happens to him later.

Attempt to trip her, miss, and instead kick her in the face.

Internal Affairs x2.

I like this. Always know what is going on at home. Always.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Voting is closed.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Sirin

Insult her with false flattery: 12

Shame her with silent scorn: 7

Trip her: 6

Dancing Partner

Adair, Young Lord of Elath: 12

Examine the women: 11

Chaine, Earl of Mima: 1

Erwin, Earl of Ishtar: 1

Linley of Kigal: 1

Classes

Composure: 10

Trade: 9

Internal Affairs: 6

Intrigue: 6

Flattery: 2

Economics: 2

Meditation: 2

Royal Demeanor: 2

Battlefield Medicine: 2

Faith: 2

Accounting: 2

Instrument: 2

Reflexes: 2

Lore: 1

Winners

Insult her with false flattery

Adair, the Young Lord of Elath

Composure

Trade

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Dancing with a real partner feels quite different from dancing with your father. You knew him, knew his steps like a part of you. Now every move is a mystery.

Unfortunately, you lose track of which steps you're supposed to do when, and trip over your own feet. Oops! Between the dances, there is time for the guests to mingle, chat, and sample tiny bites of exquisite food.

During a lull in the music, Banion, the duke of Maree, taps an elegant fingernail against a wineglass, letting the clear note ring out through the room.

If I might have your attention? I believe we should offer our compliments to our lovely hostess. Her words of wisdom guide us through our difficulties.

Everyone applauds politely. As the gala continues, you take the opportunity to observe nobles that you rarely see. There's Gwenelle, for instance - the Young Lady of Sudbury, only months older than you and due to finally inherit control of her duchy soon. Or Adele, the youngest daughter of the Duchess of Lillah and a fierce sportswoman. She was a few years ahead of you at school and the absolute terror of the ballfields. No Briony - she had said her parents were leaving her stuck at school this season. Her parents are here, but they dance at an awkward arm's length from each other. Something must be wrong there. Strange that there's no sign of your cousins, though. Shouldn't they be here? Your aunt and uncle are here, of course. It would be scandalous if they hadn't come, Merva being so close by.

It's nice to be able to enjoy time with friends and family, isn't it?

You have unlocked a new outfit!

You wander downstairs to visit your father and talk about the latest events in the domain. You're moving with such enthusiasm that you don't realise your father isn't alone until it's too late to avoid him and his... companion.

You are too kind, Joslyn.

Countess Sirin. Not a member of your circles - she's a bit more than a decade your senior, far too old to have ever been your friend. And yet, not at all old, as noblewomen go. She has two minor titles, no husband, and your father's arm in her grasp.

How dare she make a move on your father?

Good afternoon, Countess.

:cawg:

You can see Psychedelic Eyeball's hilarious reaction here.

Elodie!

Really, my dear, it's not polite to comment on a lady's attributes like that. But you are young. You will... grow.

Ooo!

Perhaps we'll be seeing more of each other in the future.

She gives a little wave and exits. Once she's gone, you raise an eyebrow at your father.

Don't give me that look, young lady. She's a nice woman, nothing more.

She wants something more!

And it's not going to happen any time soon.

You should be careful how you deal with people like Sirin. You need the goodwill of your nobles as well as your commoners.

There haven't been any problems so far.

No one has been able to track the former Duchess of Ursul. There could be plots underway. As Queen, you must be aware of everything around you.

Isn't that what I have agents for?

Yes, but you must give them direction. What is your greatest concern?

Make sure to take note of the new Julianna of Ursul option.

Next week we adjust taxes, but Eco-Elodie should have more information for us then, so for now just vote on two classes and the choice above.

Edit: We also have the ability to choose between the coronet and the tuxedo now, so you may vote for the outfit as well.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Wizards are the greatest threat, since we have no magical defense of our own. Begin sending our agents after Julianna.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012
Julianna is obviously the biggest threat, what with being witchy and all.

Presence and Composure

Fabutux 3000, all the time

Can we get another skills screen post after the next update? It's been a bit since the last one.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

MegaZeroX posted:

Dancing Partner

Adair, Young Lord of Elath: 12

Examine the women: 11

:argh:

We're still yielding, aren't we? Let us study trade (which should max out) and court manners composure. And Julianna concerns us greatly.

Also, we shall wear the coronet's outfit, but with the tuxedo's top hat instead of the crown. And the catsuit's monocle too. How I wish this were possible.
Seriously though, let's keep looking dapper.

Mikl fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Mar 21, 2014

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Noble plots! Julianna's a (former) noble, and there's a bunch of other nobles who might cause us problems too.

Instrument x2: we want to know if the musician's actually any good, right?

Tuxedo (at least until we've made tax decisions for the year)

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Suzaku posted:

Julianna is obviously the biggest threat, what with being witchy and all.

Presence and Composure

Fabutux 3000, all the time

Can we get another skills screen post after the next update? It's been a bit since the last one.

This is taken from the end of the current week:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

MegaZeroX posted:

This is taken from the end of the current week:

Based on this, I have altered my vote above.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Hmm, on one hand, we were killed by an assassin last time so it might behoove us to remain wary of assassins. On the other hand, that didn't help us at all last time.

Oh well, stick with seeking out Assassins.

Also Instrument x2

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Her current silence is an obvious ploy. Julianna is the greatest threat to the kingdom and must be hounded until her head is separated from her neck!

Since our spies may also be out to get us, let's study some countermeasures against Poison x2.

On a separate note, this LP convinced me to get the game on steam and I'm loving every minute of it. Thanks for opening my eyes to this gem.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Super Jay Mann posted:

Hmm, on one hand, we were killed by an assassin last time so it might behoove us to remain wary of assassins. On the other hand, that didn't help us at all last time.

Oh well, stick with seeking out Assassins.

To be fair, there were three ways Joslyn suggested we could handle assassins: harsh penalties for being suspicious, turning some of our soldiers into bodyguards, and concentrating on our training, and we picked "train more" which just gave us a mood bonus. One of the others might have helped.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
:stare: Jesus, Elodie. I know our flattery skill is low, but geez.

Julianna was pretty pissed at us last we saw her. Also, I think this might be a decent time to skill up Lore twice so we can eventually max out Divination and make a fortune speculating on the market.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Julianna, purely out of curiosity.

Poison X 2

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Wrap up trade x2 and send all agents after the evil lumen of Julianna.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Probably too late for min-maxing to catch up in skills that are behind or hurt any more training irrelevant things, might as well finish accounting+production so that maybe trade gets enough of a bonus to finish in one session instead of 1.1~2

On the subject of stats and (metagame) strategy, does the outfit have any effect on training?

zonohedron posted:

To be fair, there were three ways Joslyn suggested we could handle assassins: harsh penalties for being suspicious, turning some of our soldiers into bodyguards, and concentrating on our training, and we picked "train more" which just gave us a mood bonus. One of the others might have helped.

Yeah, personal meatshields guards might have helped against the ambush. Either way, witch hunt is an option that we haven't seen yet.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

silentsnack posted:

On the subject of stats and (metagame) strategy, does the outfit have any effect on training?

No. The amount you train per class is 10 + (5*modifier) - for example in the latest skills post, our modifier for any Expression class is 0, for any Demeanor class is 2.03, and any Weapons class is -3. Thus, if we studied Decoration once we'd raise it by 10 (10 + 5*0); if we studied Composure once we'd raise it by 20.15 (10 * 5*2); and if we studied any Weapons subject we would not raise it at all (because classes never lower your stats, and 10 + 5*-3 is -5).

That modifier is the mood bonus plus the sum of your actual stats in that class group divided by 100 - you can tell that the tuxedo isn't affecting the modifier because with it on, our Economics skills are 90.1, 84.0, 94.6 = 268.7 but the modifier is only 2.39.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Well I guess we managed to make quite an enemy out of Juliana.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

I've been waiting this whole LP for that skill check fail. :allears:

My votes are for Juliana of Ursul
Our always fabulous tuxedo
For classes, Production and Trade

Mikl posted:

Also, we shall wear the coronet's outfit, but with the tuxedo's top hat instead of the crown. And the catsuit's monocle too. How I wish this were possible.

On the official Forums for this game, there's a thread asking for suggestions for future additions to this game. I'm really tempted to suggest taking the outfits and being able to mix and max pieces for smaller skill bonuses, so that this could be possible.

sgtsnookums
Nov 20, 2012
Witch Hunt against Juliana.
Fuel the witch hunt with the moneys from economy x2 and the lavish money suit.
Lumens may be powerful, but no force in the world can compare with cold, hard cash.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

We should be worried about the proletariat uprising, and must learn more, so that we can OPPRESS THEM!! :black101:

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Julianna was pretty pissed at us last we saw her. Also, I think this might be a decent time to skill up Lore twice so we can eventually max out Divination and make a fortune speculating on the market.

I concur with this vote.

Koriar
Apr 22, 2010
The best part about being away from any form of internet for a few days is coming back to read the backlog here. Thanks for keeping to such a quick update schedule!

sgtsnookums posted:

Witch Hunt against Juliana.
Fuel the witch hunt with the moneys from economy x2 and the lavish money suit.
Lumens may be powerful, but no force in the world can compare with cold, hard cash.

Lazily copying this as my vote.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

This thread convinced me to drop the :10bux: on this game. It's pretty fun! I've died twice already.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Foreign Affairs and Presence. Presence has a huge bonus right now, so we can't miss that, and Foreign Affairs has a modest one.

Juliana was willing to kill us last time, so she's definitely out for blood.

of bees
Dec 28, 2009
Production and trade. We will be the princess of commerce.

Also, let's keep an eye on Julianna.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

I'm down with this.

Happy Blue
Oct 18, 2012
Accounting and Production,

Assassins,

Keep wearing the tuxedo.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!
Juliana must be stopped.

We should switch to the coronet.

More points in battlefield medicine may be useful.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

ViggyNash posted:

Foreign Affairs and Presence. Presence has a huge bonus right now, so we can't miss that, and Foreign Affairs has a modest one.

I like the sound of this.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

ViggyNash posted:

What that guy said.

FFKonoko
Jan 1, 2013

Olfacere violarum.
I feel like Expression would go well with our Economics and Royal Demeanour. But that will have to wait until we are in a mood with a bonus for it.
For now...Foreign Affairs x 2. And Bodyguards to protect from Assassins!

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Voting is closed.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Spies

Julianna of Ursul: 17

Assassins: 3

Noble plots: 1

Commoner uprisings: 1

Outfit

Ecoprincess Fabutux 3000

Coronet + Monocle + Top Hat: 2

Classes

Lore: 6

Trade: 5

Foreign Affairs: 5

Instrument: 4

Poison: 4

Production: 4

Presence: 4

Composure: 2

Economics: 2

Battlefield Medicine: 2

Accounting: 2

Winners

Julianna of Ursul

The Ultimate Tux

Trade

Lore

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Without more clues of where to search, your agents are apparently unable to locate her. You could detail a portion of your army to patrol for signs of her, but that would take them from their other duties. If you offered a reward for her capture, the people of Nova would also aid in the search. However, she was imprisoned once before, and that did not contain her.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Well, we'll no longer be in the vicinity when the killing attempt happens, so off with her head!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

The witch must burn!

• Locked thread