Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eyke
Oct 15, 2013

Man with a dream to have fun.

Miltank posted:

Ive had my deathadder for like three or four years now that really too bad that yours broke.

it is, I really did like it at first. Now I am just spiteful and angry.

I have used 518's many times in my career of killing mice by accident. Loved that series to death. (retard hug)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deetee
Apr 22, 2008

I play 4:3 1024x768 and I do decently well with it. I don't think I've ever even heard someone say, 'dude, you SAW him!!!' to me, either.

Maybe it's just my preference because I've played with 4:3 for a very long time?

Eyke
Oct 15, 2013

Man with a dream to have fun.

deetee posted:

I play 4:3 1024x768 and I do decently well with it. I don't think I've ever even heard someone say, 'dude, you SAW him!!!' to me, either.

Maybe it's just my preference because I've played with 4:3 for a very long time?

I didn't get it any real chance but I did look at it yesterday. Swapping back and forth when I measured it didn't really seem truly bigger. However due to the roughness of the pixels being stretched I did have an easier time seeing stuff.

It also started giving me a headache

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Get me my BLUE WINDBREAKER!

deetee posted:

I've seen a few people miss people on the edges of screens since I play on 1920x1080 but its not very common. I also play with most of the graphics on high because if I'm going to play this as much as I do I would rather have the game look nice. I am a filthy casual.

FMPONE
Feb 14, 2013

Level Designer Dude
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOooons... a significant update to Crown was just released http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=239672577

* CROWN now has 32 player spawn points
* Added Deathmatch mode
* Added interactive doorbell sounds
* Fixed door sounds playing throughout the map
* By popular demand, changed Terrorist skin-model to Separatists
* Improved clipping throughout the map
* Removed distracting shadows from animated flags
* Fixed visual glitches in 3D Skybox
* Fixed door opening and shutting being spammable, new door is closeable after a 4 second delay
* Made flag animations randomly differ from one another to prevent identical, synchronous animation
* Added very light ambient sounds throughout map
* Added very light ambient sound to fireplace
* Fixed odd water visuals
* Fixed unintended boost spots
* Slightly increased FPS in T-Spawn and CT-Spawn
* Added accurate foot-step sounds throughout level, including wooden sounds on wooden flooring
* Made vent breakable if shot anywhere on vent hitbox (similiar to Mirage/Nuke)
* Increased readability of CT-Spawn fence
* Blocked unfair visibility from Porch looking toward Secret

Once again, Volcano and I thank you for the warm reception and open-minded feedback, we hope you enjoy this newly updated CROWN in time for the weekend on your favorite community server or PUG service.

...btw, if you haven't seen it already, WarOwl did a tour of Crown you can watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is8Uhtj7yMk

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

We've had several matches in Crown on the Buttmen Brigade server and it's actually a pretty neat map. Hope to see it on the next operation!

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

FMPONE posted:

* Removed distracting shadows from animated flags

Thank you!

FMPONE posted:

* Fixed door opening and shutting being spammable, new door is closeable after a 4 second delay

You're no fun. I confounded the Ts on an upper push once by just re-closing the door when they were trying to come in, and Fat Lou had an awesome Tec9 kill through the vent at B without breaking it.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Mouse chat: I currently use a really, really old Razer Mamba (pre-2012) on a Vespula hard pad (usually on the Control side), but its ergonomics have never been amazing and it doesn't support temporary "clutch" style DPI adjustment, which I've been interested in using lately. Thus I have ordered a Razer Taipan and (just because people have said soft pads are way better) a Goliathus Speed pad, as well as a Steelseries QCK+ pad. If anyone's interested I'll share my thoughts once I've been using them for a while. The Taipan seems like it's a little different from all the other Razer mice. A little more utilitarian and pragmatic, maybe? Also has 2 extra buttons over the Mamba.

whoknew fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Mar 21, 2014

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
Frag 30 on nuke still lose.

#silverelitemaster

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

Slaapaav posted:

Frag 30 on nuke still lose.

#silverelitemaster

I can tell you this doesn't get better even after you leave Silver :P

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Maybe they can fix the problem on Nuke with the bomb being planted at B and still able to be heard in the rafters all the way over by the vents in A. Couldn't care less about the same problem applying to footsteps but that's one hell of a T advantage as long as they can plant.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Adren did a useful video on shadow quality and how it affects gameplay. I never really thought about it, but it's definitely a setting you should run max if you can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsDQDbh5lQM

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

djfooboo posted:

Adren did a useful video on shadow quality and how it affects gameplay. I never really thought about it, but it's definitely a setting you should run max if you can.

Ummm, adren doesn't even play for a pro team, he's not worth listening to. :smug:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Coleman posted:

Ummm, adren doesn't even play for a pro team, he's not worth listening to. :smug:

I saw that guy buy an mp7 once gently caress everything he ever said and will ever say.

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

The MP7 is definitely in the list of Pro Approved SMGs

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

djfooboo posted:

On de_inferno I regularly hang out on that little patch of grass outside Construction on site side and headshot people who don't realize I can see them coming because of their shadow through the door, so this makes perfect sense to me.

Coleman posted:

Except he does apparently: http://news.esea.net/csgo/index.php?s=news&d=comments&id=13058

whoknew fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Mar 21, 2014

illezt
Mar 1, 2005

It was a joke because AdreN recently stepped down from iBP because he got a real job.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

illezt posted:

It was a joke because AdreN recently stepped down from iBP because he got a real job.
What he said, hence the use of the :smug:.

Anyway, regarding shadow quality, I was actually under the impression from some other video that shadow detail never changed when you could see player models. That's unfortunate, I like running on low for the FPS boost, but gently caress if I'm not going to give myself an extra millisecond to see someone based on their shadow! EVERY ADVANTAGE COUNTS!

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Coleman posted:

What he said, hence the use of the :smug:.

Anyway, regarding shadow quality, I was actually under the impression from some other video that shadow detail never changed when you could see player models. That's unfortunate, I like running on low for the FPS boost, but gently caress if I'm not going to give myself an extra millisecond to see someone based on their shadow! EVERY ADVANTAGE COUNTS!

Ah, ok. Did not know! Thought I saw him playing at Katowice... Oh well

Coleman
May 5, 2011

whoknew posted:

Ah, ok. Did not know! Thought I saw him playing at Katowice... Oh well
You did, he quit like two days ago.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
why are all of adren's videos like 10 minutes long lol. i see peoples shadows plenty on low and kill dudes thru the roof of mini and poo poo so i will not be changing my shadow setting. idk what he says the other benefits are but they definitely show on low.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Cute n Popular posted:

I've deranked from MG2 to Nova 2 this week, these have been a dark couple of days.

Are you an astr0man alt account?

Coleman
May 5, 2011

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

why are all of adren's videos like 10 minutes long lol. i see peoples shadows plenty on low and kill dudes thru the roof of mini and poo poo so i will not be changing my shadow setting. idk what he says the other benefits are but they definitely show on low.
Apparently when the shadows draw at distance is a big deal with shadow quality. He uses bots around corners and switches between the shadow quality settings, and there difference in when you can see the shadow on each setting was actually enough for me to turn mine up.

40 OZ
May 16, 2003

Stumbletron posted:

I'm a bad player (tm) and whenever I pick up an AWP (literally, as in off the ground on an eco) and hit one shot, I drop it for anything else. That's as well as I'm going to do with it so I may as well check out right there.

Nothing worse than people raging at you for being a "bad awper" when it was just coincidence that you ended up with one :(

I am kind of a dedicated AWP player. There is nothing better than after you win the little AWP duel at mid or outside or whatever, when you see the other guy's buddy go grab the AWP off the ground.

I know what he's thinking, "HEY, A $4750 GUN! For FREE!" But that guy never is any good with it. It's always a bonus buy one get one free kill when that guy grabs it.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

FMPONE posted:

I liked how it was before. Being able to shoot through vents without breaking them was great at the B site. Also makes the other team have to shoot them out on entry to check them.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

I liked how it was before. Being able to shoot through vents without breaking them was great at the B site. Also makes the other team have to shoot them out on entry to check them.

Agreed. It was a unique touch to the map.

Still liked the old version having the opened double doors prop on upper B T side way better than the clangy door we have now, though.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

a slime posted:

The MP7 is definitely in the list of Pro Approved SMGs

:thejoke:

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
I have like 250 kills on my stattrak mp7 because that thing puts the first 4 shots right on top of each other and the fifth doesnt even go that far. No recoil + absurd rate of fire lets you put an entire burst into someones head so who cares that it doesnt do that much damage. Got a 4k vs helmets without reloading once.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Had my first run with a 'team full of russian children whose control of english only extends as far as barking orders at you and giving you false information about where the other team is' it was pretty :psyboom:.

Round starts, they all get wiped out within 25 seconds, I camp beneath short stairs, kill two guys who were just rushing through and liberate a P90 off of one of them, pick up the bomb and run to B, as I stand in the corner watching the door I hear steps both from the tunnel and from mid, russian kid starts yelling at me 'GO PLANT! GO PLANT RETARD GO PLANT', so I go to the tunnel and kill one guy. Russian kid continues 'Go plant! go plant! idiot! go plant!'. I strafe out of B doors and gundown the last CT. Russian kids mutters profanities at me in Russian.

Yes let me just plant the bomb and make 'beep boop' sounds when that's just what the CT is waiting for to storm into the room and shoot me. :argh:.

I've had a dire couple of days of CS:GO, deranked from Gold Nova back to silver elite master. I need to learn to shoot.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

CSGO at silver level has become unplayable. Keep those sales coming Steam. :thumbsup:

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

weekly font posted:

CSGO at silver level has become unplayable. Keep those sales coming Steam. :thumbsup:

Oh no, more people are playing your game! How awful.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Nanomashoes posted:

Oh no, more people are playing your game! How awful.

Yep. Love those smurfs and hackers rolling in mm mm mmm.

I haven't had a game in four hours. Just one sided shitshows or children calling me racial slurs until they disconnect. If there was ever a time for Silver Goonman group its now.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Just played a couple of mixes against imo the most skilled AWPer in the world, GuardiaN (yes, it was him). We did alright on d2 (12-16) but got thrashed on Inferno something like 4-16. It was also my first day back playing CSGO after 4 months or so, so talk about into the deep end.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

Jeza posted:

Just played a couple of mixes against imo the most skilled AWPer in the world, GuardiaN (yes, it was him). We did alright on d2 (12-16) but got thrashed on Inferno something like 4-16. It was also my first day back playing CSGO after 4 months or so, so talk about into the deep end.

Just out of curiosity, how do you know it was him? What rank are you?

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle

weekly font posted:

I haven't had a game in four hours. Just one sided shitshows or children calling me racial slurs until they disconnect. If there was ever a time for Silver Goonman group its now.

Good segue for me, I just got CS:GO and started playing for the first time since 1.6 about 7 years ago. Haven't run into any of those problems really, although the first game I played was apparently against some smurf who loving wiped his rear end with our team but was kinda apologetic about it. Anyways, I got ranked as silver 2 the other day (at least it's not silver 1 I guess) and I'd like for some people to treat me like poo poo and make me better. I feel like I have the basics of moving, shooting, attacking, and defending down, but I've never really played on a team that knew what it was doing so probably can't do anything more complicated.

Also random scrub question, I was running the game at "good" settings and when I checked the net_graph it was pulling 200 fps. I turned all the settings to max and vsynced it to 60fps. I doubt my monitor can display more than 60fps (dell ultrasharp), but is there a benefit to letting it run crazy numbers in the background?

I guess I will join the chat now and see if I can get in on any goon games.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Coleman posted:

Just out of curiosity, how do you know it was him? What rank are you?

Checked steamID and steam profile. Not played a MM match since I got back, but iirc I was Eagle Master. I only ever play MM single queue (I know) but really eagle and above the only way to play is with stacks. And very few genuinely decent players play MM because of 64 tick servers being a joke. I'm just lonely ;_;

edit: also he plays with top UK mixes not infrequently and has done since Source. I don't know if he maybe lives in the UK? He has good English though.

Jeza fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Mar 21, 2014

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

weekly font posted:

You either have thin skin or are yourself grating.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Slaapaav posted:

I have like 250 kills on my stattrak mp7 because that thing puts the first 4 shots right on top of each other and the fifth doesnt even go that far. No recoil + absurd rate of fire lets you put an entire burst into someones head so who cares that it doesnt do that much damage. Got a 4k vs helmets without reloading once.

So pretty much like the mp5 used to be.

Dunno why anyone would be against the mp7, it should be your default SMG buy if you're not going P90, no?

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

weekly font posted:

I would suggest that you try not being a terrible CS:GO player so you can get out of silver level MM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

astr0man posted:

I would suggest that you try not being a terrible CS:GO player so you can get out of silver level MM.

Careful my friend, you might end up there soon

• Locked thread