Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

It's Anime Boston time over here and while I have sworn never to go again, my friend did not heed my advice. He did find this though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
All of those kids have the best parents ever.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
This kid gets posted all the time but he's still one of my favourites:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This thread is making me want to be a parent.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Rhyno posted:

Nah, be an aunt/uncle. Then you can still dress them up and take them on cool outings, but then at the end of the day you just give them back to people with actual responsibilities.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Rhyno posted:

There's a cheaper alternative

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Kids always look like they're having a blast in costume too.

(from here)

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

This kid gets posted all the time but he's still one of my favourites:

Oh by the way, I believe (and I hope I'm not wrong) it's a little girl not a boy. :kimchi:

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Desperado Bones posted:

Oh by the way, I believe (and I hope I'm not wrong) it's a little girl not a boy. :kimchi:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's a little girl.

Forti
May 5, 2009

I'm pretty sure that's noted comic guy Stan Lee

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Forti posted:

I'm pretty sure that's noted comic guy Stan Lee
Nobody say it!
NOBODY SAY IT!

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?
C'mon guys that's clearly Joe Schuster.

leethasbro
Apr 11, 2005

Rat Enthusiast

Say Nothing posted:

Nobody say it!
NOBODY SAY IT!

Doritos brand chips, nacho cheese flavor?

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hey, is that Robert Webb?

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Opopanax posted:

Hey, is that Robert Webb?

It's Stephen Fry, idiot.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Tiberius Thyben posted:

It's Stephen Fry, idiot.

I loved him in Black Books.

Forti
May 5, 2009

I don't know, it seems he really let himself go

CynCyanide
Mar 21, 2005

dance, water, dance!
Do you remember The Fifth Element? I hope you do.

Really, the best part is that a hotel or convention center is a perfectly normal place for that character to be.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
That is the best cosplay ever.

Ruby Rod is king.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

SpookyLizard posted:

That is the best cosplay ever.

Ruby Rod is king.

Super green!

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Oh my goooood :kimchi:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

CynCyanide posted:

I love this one because being a member of Ruby's entourage is completely boring in a vacuum. But if you're "handling" a good Ruby it becomes the best thing ever.

Penny Paper
Dec 31, 2012

Are you sure that's Hannibal Lector cosplay and not some stressed-out parent's desperate attempt to keep her ADHD son in line?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

That owns.

e: To those who don't know, that's jubeat, a Konami rhythm game. The weird moustache guys are from the series. They look spot on.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Penny Paper posted:

Are you sure that's Hannibal Lector cosplay and not some stressed-out parent's desperate attempt to keep her ADHD son in line?

It'd kick more rear end if it were the latter.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

CynCyanide posted:

Really, the best part is that a hotel or convention center is a perfectly normal place for that character to be.

The world can't handle 2 :derp:

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

If you told me these were the actual voice actors behind the characters I would totally believe you.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

I wouldn't because I know what they look like.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
Speaking of Ruby Rhod, Orlando MegaCon was this weekend and I managed to take a few pictures with my crappy phone camera

Dude was awesome. People kept getting in my way when I tried to take the picture and he started doing the "ZzzzZZZzzz!" and hand wave at them. And upon further inspection, it looks like he was posted already but missing some of his entourage.

A great Bane. I'm 6'1" and he probably had a couple of inches on me.

No clue what the guy on the right was supposed to be, but I'm pretty sure the guy on the left is from Running Man. His costume flashed and his mohawk changed colors, it was awesome.

Took this picture of Wonder Woman, and then she saw a little girl running around in a Wondy costume and this happened:

It was adorable, the little girl lit up when Adult Wondy walked up behind her.

Unfortunately, most of the rest of my pictures turned out pretty crappy. Which is too bad, as there were some great costumes. One guy was walking around in a giant Aku costume from Samurai Jack...Made from balloons.

Saw almost no Commander Shepards, which was strange as Jennifer Hale was at the convention. Did see a ton of the ice queen from Frozen.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
Those photos made me involuntarily try to wipe the grease off my phone camera lens.

Wonder Babby and Wonder Woman make a cute couple. Somehow I imagine them doing the fastball special though.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Jet Ready Go posted:

Those photos made me involuntarily try to wipe the grease off my phone camera lens.

The lens is clean, it's just a terrible phone camera :v:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Polaron posted:

The lens is clean, it's just a terrible phone camera :v:

So, it's just a normal Camera Phone then? :v:

Schindler's Fist
Jul 22, 2004
Weasels! Get 'em off me! Aaaa!
The San Francisco Opera had an epic costume sale this weekend. People lined up Friday night to get in early. They had filled their large scenic workshop warehouse full of outfits, ranging from Biblical to sci-fi. Faux armor, capes, hats, gowns, pretty much you name it. I saw a few guys get robes, priest-ish tall hats, and scepters, possibly they were starting their own religion...

I was mainly there in support of my wife, and I came across a full length leather duster that had been textured to look like it had been worn through Hell. $35. You couldn't buy the fabric for the costumes for what they were charging.

The most expensive items were the 17-1800's gowns with enormous hoop skirts, jewels, and embroidery, at $300.

This happens every five years in SF, and I'm sure it happens with opera and theater companies all over.

Photo gallery here:
http://www.sfgate.com/default/article/S-F-Opera-s-used-costumes-go-for-a-song-at-grand-5341073.php

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Schindler's Fist posted:

The San Francisco Opera had an epic costume sale this weekend. People lined up Friday night to get in early. They had filled their large scenic workshop warehouse full of outfits, ranging from Biblical to sci-fi. Faux armor, capes, hats, gowns, pretty much you name it. I saw a few guys get robes, priest-ish tall hats, and scepters, possibly they were starting their own religion...

I was mainly there in support of my wife, and I came across a full length leather duster that had been textured to look like it had been worn through Hell. $35. You couldn't buy the fabric for the costumes for what they were charging.

The most expensive items were the 17-1800's gowns with enormous hoop skirts, jewels, and embroidery, at $300.

This happens every five years in SF, and I'm sure it happens with opera and theater companies all over.

Photo gallery here:
http://www.sfgate.com/default/article/S-F-Opera-s-used-costumes-go-for-a-song-at-grand-5341073.php

Pretty jealous of my friend that went.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Polaron posted:

No clue what the guy on the right was supposed to be, but I'm pretty sure the guy on the left is from Running Man. His costume flashed and his mohawk changed colors, it was awesome.

edit wait I got the right guy but wrong name.

Peanut President has a new favorite as of 23:19 on Mar 23, 2014

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Jet Ready Go posted:

If you told me these were the actual voice actors behind the characters I would totally believe you.

The dude actually looks a little like dan mintz, the guy who plays that character

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Crossposting from the Bitcoin Thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Schindler's Fist posted:

Photo gallery here:

That is awesome and made me want cardinal's robes.

• Locked thread