Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Laputanmachine posted:

Is it me or has Teodor become completely insufferable? The other banter is classic Achewood, especially that first toilet bit, but the Ann Coulter line drags on too long and comes off just pretentious and nothing else.

Just like Teodor!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005
It's also kind of weird, like, out of all the rear end in a top hat right wing pundits Ann Coulter at least looks like she showers.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I laughed my rear end off at that strip, it was just a nice one-off palate cleanser.

"Ain't no amount of apple spray gonna give us back the Eden we once knew."

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009
I'm going to file "house-and-paycheck hobo" away in my brain for later use, that phrase is just too wonderful.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
I don't care if it takes the man a few weeks to come up with interesting word combinations that haven't been used in life before.

Lucha Luch
Feb 25, 2007

Mr. Squeakers coming off the top rope!
Wait, is little nephews name Tyler because that makes a whole lot of sense

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

It's raining here and I'm a wet bolshevik and took offense.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Dandy Shrew posted:

Wait, is little nephews name Tyler because that makes a whole lot of sense
No, it's Charley

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
After a meeting yesterday in a 10x10 room in which one of the admin staff ripped a truly raunchy amount of rear end three times and refused to acknowledge it, this strip was NECESSARY for me.

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution
Come on everyone let's not play this wrong

:siren: New strip is up! :siren:

grading essays nude
Oct 24, 2009

so why dont we
put him into a canan
and shoot him into the trolls base where
ever it is and let him kill all of them. its
so perfect that it can't go wrong.

i think its the best plan i
have ever heard in my life
Good to see an actual funny strip. Since the reboot the best strips have been one offs like this.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

This was pretty funny but brevity is the soul of wit and god drat teodor.

grading essays nude
Oct 24, 2009

so why dont we
put him into a canan
and shoot him into the trolls base where
ever it is and let him kill all of them. its
so perfect that it can't go wrong.

i think its the best plan i
have ever heard in my life
Really, Ray's dialogue is the only one that hasn't become wordy as hell, too bad he's only appeared like 3 or 4 times. Though I guess it would be a whole new level of pretentious to egghead up Ray's dialogue, of all characters.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
On one hand, Teodor is spectacularly unfunny in the fourth panel, but he delivers the best phrase of the comic in the last.

Also, is the kid Little Nephew is talking to someone we've seen before?

Uatu The Lurker
Sep 14, 2003

I can say no more!
Already I have over stayed my time in this ephemeral sphere!
Gonna e-mail that third panel to every motherfucker in the office where I work.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

There is balm in gilead.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Achewood is suddenly tl;dr for people?

Hey Chris, next week, how about a gently caress You Friday for this thread, specifically?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Shmoses posted:

No, it's Charley

Yup.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

WoodrowSkillson posted:

I like that Onstad has a character he can pour his more kludgy lines into. T is like an air filter. He catches all the poo poo that's too big to fly through, leaving clean short lines for the rest of the characters.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Maybe you'd find other talking animal comics more your speed. I hear there's one about a cat who likes lasagna and doesn't cotton much to Mondays.

Lucha Luch
Feb 25, 2007

Mr. Squeakers coming off the top rope!

Shmoses posted:

No, it's Charley

I don't know how I forgot that. poo poo.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

head58 posted:

Maybe you'd find other talking animal comics more your speed. I hear there's one about a cat who likes lasagna and doesn't cotton much to Mondays.

Ah yes, contrived and wordy metaphors, truly only for the most discerning comics reader.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

head58 posted:

I agree, Garfield is genuinely funnier than the last bunch of Achewood strips.

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.
I just noticed that Ray isn't wearing pants.

Not that he does normally, but normally he isn't wearing a shirt either, and somehow that just makes sense.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

What is Onstad's deal with thrift store smells anyway?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
So is smelling Ann coulter a good thing or a bad thing? Is Theodore happy with this result?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Evil Sagan posted:

Autism.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Evil Sagan posted:

He was forced to shop at them after his...... DIVORCE.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

the ann coulter thing might have been funny if like, the recipe had been like 1 step. Like the classic 'farted-in vinegar'.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
Huh, that's surprising. Usually Todd's the one who knows all the complicated/obscure ways of getting high.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Tupperwarez posted:

Huh, that's surprising. Usually Todd's the one who knows all the complicated/obscure ways of getting high.

He was getting high? I was under the impression that nobody would want to smell Ann Coulter.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I like that Lyle couldn't be bothered to dress up.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Silentman0 posted:

He was getting high? I was under the impression that nobody would want to smell Ann Coulter.

One of the issues with such a dense block of nonsense is that one's eyes glaze over and misses the "and tuck the precipitate under your eyelids" part.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Gimnbo posted:

One of the issues with such a dense block of nonsense is that one's eyes glaze over and misses the "and tuck the precipitate under your eyelids" part.

Onstad needs an editor, really. There's gold buried in them there hills, but the key word is "buried".

It'd probably help keep him on schedule, since he'd have someone to tell him what works and what doesn't instead of having to wrestle with it himself. Not to mention having to actually answer to someone.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
Does anyone have a link to the strip where Beef gets something in the mail, maybe a SOSAD lamp, and the instructions are in engrish? I remember it has one line that about a mouse "dancing" in a pot of boiling water.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Toebone posted:

Does anyone have a link to the strip where Beef gets something in the mail, maybe a SOSAD lamp, and the instructions are in engrish? I remember it has one line that about a mouse "dancing" in a pot of boiling water.

I was going to say just use the search bar, but I ran a bunch of poo poo for that comic trying to find it and it never came up. I tried Snicker Stick, group setting, holistic solution, I hate you, saucer of hot water... pretty much the whole thing. It's not indexed. Even google failed. I remember it was 2011 or so, though.

E: Got the bastard. http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11052010

Ugly In The Morning fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Mar 23, 2014

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I was going to say just use the search bar, but I ran a bunch of poo poo for that comic trying to find it and it never came up. I tried Snicker Stick, group setting, holistic solution, I hate you, saucer of hot water... pretty much the whole thing. It's not indexed. Even google failed. I remember it was 2011 or so, though.

Thanks!

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

The signature of Ken Oberfels is, in and of itself, a profound chronicle of depression.

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer
If you stick a post-it note on your monitor so that it covers up the gibberish that is panel 4 I think you will find that the latest comic is indeed great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

tehloki posted:

If you stick a post-it note on your monitor so that it covers up the gibberish that is panel 4 I think you will find that the latest comic is indeed great

This worked for me but now I can't read parts of other web pages either. :-/