Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Idea for a new Stand: The power to generate false eyelashes.

Death Wink! :wink:

Anyways, I haven't kept track of the anime news for a while but... Eiffel? wtf. They are going to have a little bit of trouble with the mouth flaps thanks to that change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Here we go

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Where is this from?

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

In a world where one bear has a shotgun: Fuck.
If I had to guess, it might be a promo image for a JoJo art tour, "JoJo The World Tour," that's starting across Japan on the 29th.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Ah I thought this was about the anime.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Kurtofan posted:

Where is this from?
My copy of the Jojo 6251 artbook. After the above talk of a villain possibly joining Jotaro's group in the anime, I remembered this piece.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Saw this on Tumblr and it made me laugh.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
How does JoJo's hair so seamlessly meld with his hat?

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

scary ghost dog posted:

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I wondered that for a while, then came to the conclusion that it's a hat shaped pompadour.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

scary ghost dog posted:

Man, not even Araki knows where Jotaro's hat and hair meet.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

In a world where one bear has a shotgun: Fuck.

mikeycp posted:

I wondered that for a while, then came to the conclusion that it's a hat shaped pompadour.

Are the metal parts also hair? Like maybe super hardened with gel and dyed blond?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I wonder if the anime is gonna skip some plot inconsistencies, like J Geil having a rain-blocking ability in the flashback or Iggy's appearance change. The runaway girl is too integral to some encounters for her to be removed though.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
J Geil still did the rain thing in the Polnareff PV.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

onepixeljumpman posted:

Are the metal parts also hair? Like maybe super hardened with gel and dyed blond?

No, Jotaro just likes to accessorize.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

RatHat posted:

I wonder if the anime is gonna skip some plot inconsistencies, like J Geil having a rain-blocking ability in the flashback or Iggy's appearance change. The runaway girl is too integral to some encounters for her to be removed though.

That's what a Stand would look like in the rain to someone who couldn't see Stands.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Except I don't think rain would work that way with Stands, and J Geil's Stand can only exist in reflections anyway.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It looks cool, shut up.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

RatHat posted:

Didn't the stuff Dio did before we saw his stand not really make a whole lot of sense too? Like the time Hol Horse pulled a gun on him, and Dio somehow got behind him without moving the cobwebs.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Momomo posted:

Didn't the stuff Dio did before we saw his stand not really make a whole lot of sense too? Like the time Hol Horse pulled a gun on him, and Dio somehow got behind him without moving the cobwebs.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

RatHat posted:

Except I don't think rain would work that way with Stands, and J Geil's Stand can only exist in reflections anyway.

No you see hanged man is constantly moving between the reflections in the raindrops around J Geil, and his movement is so fast that it ends up making the air pocket/otherwise shifting the rain away IT ALL MAKES SENSE :shepface:

Also Dio can for some reason know that Joseph is spying on him and use a crystal ball to show Abdul something, which is the actual thing that doesn't make any sense.

Granted as a vampire Dio could somehow make dogpeople so he just does whatever the gently caress he wants.

darealkooky fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Mar 21, 2014

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

darealkooky posted:

Also Dio can for some reason know that Joseph is spying on him and use a crystal ball to show Abdul something, which is the actual thing that doesn't make any sense.

Granted as a vampire Dio could somehow make dogpeople so he just does whatever the gently caress he wants.
Pretty much, if it wasn't for Stands this would've been a long weekend for Joseph

I heard that in France and such, Polnareff is 'Eiffel' so that might just be localization for the EU release. Here's hoping!!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Polnareff is Polnareff in France as well, it's just for the All Star Battle game that they renamed him for no reason.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

darealkooky posted:

It's demonstrated he has access to a secondary stand ability like Joseph's Hermit Purple. He even has the vines appear on his hand.

It's why Dio always knew where the gang was.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Zorak posted:

It's demonstrated he has access to a secondary stand ability like Joseph's Hermit Purple. He even has the vines appear on his hand.

How many Polaroid cameras did Dio go through?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Soulcleaver posted:

How many Polaroid cameras did Dio go through?

Do you remember how many cameras you have smashed in your life?

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

Zorak posted:

In fact, one of the 25th anniversary novels (Over Heaven) states that it straight up is Hermit Purple. Same name and everything. Turns out it's originally Jonathan's stand and Joseph just ended up developing an identical ability, probably because of the whole birthmark thing.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Zorak posted:

Oh, I'm aware of this, it just doesn't make much sense with how a billion chapters later everyone is hyping up how Jotaro and Dio have the same stand.

Doc V posted:

In fact, one of the 25th anniversary novels (Over Heaven) states that it straight up is Hermit Purple. Same name and everything. Turns out it's originally Jonathan's stand and Joseph just ended up developing an identical ability, probably because of the whole birthmark thing.
Isn't this the fanfic where dio hates his mom or something.

darealkooky fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Mar 21, 2014

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

darealkooky posted:

Oh, I'm aware of this, it just doesn't make much sense with how a billion chapters later everyone is hyping up how Jotaro and Dio have the same stand.

Well I presume it was surprising to Jotaro and the gang, but it does certainly make sense to us that their stands have the same ability, yeah.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

Saw this on Tumblr and it made me laugh.

Evidently they ran out of red in Japan, tough economic times and all :v:

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

Pimpmust posted:

Evidently they ran out of red in Japan, tough economic times and all :v:

I'm glad about that chin.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
How about a nice fresh Jotaro PV?

Looks fantastic.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Is there any chance of the OP coming out before episode 2? Did they reveal part 1 and 2s beforehand?

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012
No, the OPs didn't come out before the episodes did.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Oh my God the nailed Jotaro's speech to Kakyoin. :allears: This is going to be so loving sweet.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Zorak posted:

I'm pretty sure Araki's original plan was to have The World have access to all Stand abilities, but he never got the chance to work in anything other than Star Platinum's time stop and Hermit Purple's...thing.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

That would certainly fit into the tarrot motifs he ended up completely forgetting about.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

jonjonaug posted:

I'm pretty sure Araki's original plan was to have The World have access to all Stand abilities, but he never got the chance to work in anything other than Star Platinum's time stop and Hermit Purple's...thing.

I'm not so sure about that. Holly's Stand also had a similar plant motif, so Araki might have had the idea that it was Jonathan's Stand that Dio was able to use to begin with. This is venturing deep into fanwank territory, but since the Joestars developed their Stands because of their connection to Dio, maybe that caused all of their Stands to be similar to either Jonathan's or Dio's, i.e. Joseph and Holly developed plant-like Stands whereas Jotaro and Josuke developed Stands similar to The World. That's probably thinking about it harder than Araki himself. :v:

Dio having all Stand abilities would have been a terrible idea anyway, with every Stand being so unique and versatile the final battle would have either been a huge clusterfuck or would have made the reader question why Dio didn't use ability X to win instantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Dio having all stands from the entire series would indeed be ridiculous and unfun (GER alone would be God Mode) but what if Dio just had the tarot-themed stand powers? He's not going to use The Sun or play poker with his opponents any time soon, but The Fool, Hierophant Green, Hanged Man, Yellow Temperance, and Death 13 would all make Dio amazingly versatile and... probably unbeatable. OK, bad idea. He did use something like Lovers' power to control Kakyoin (which is somehow different from his zombie-dominating vampire ability) in addition to his Hermit Purple and Star Platinum-like skills, so it was probably just another half-baked idea (Dio stabs himself with the arrow multiple times maybe?) that Araki eventually discarded.

What we got was still amazing.

• Locked thread