Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Woebin posted:

Wait, Vinland Saga ended?

No, it made Thorfinn lose his lust for revenge in a wonderfully plausible and sympathetic way. It's still ongoing and he's still a badass, but now he's a badass pacifist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I'm just tired of how depressing it is to see Casca every time she is on page. Seriously depressing no matter how comedic or light-hearted the scenes are intended to be.

Franz von Dada
Feb 10, 2014

A Boy and His Parasite

Chinaman7000 posted:

I'm just tired of how depressing it is to see Casca every time she is on page. Seriously depressing no matter how comedic or light-hearted the scenes are intended to be.

She will always remain the most heartbreaking aspect of the series, no matter how much bad poo poo keeps on happening. :smith:

It would be awesome if she really will get healed and Guts' new friends finally saw that she's actually really cool gal, and not that broken thing of a human they've been watching over all this time.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Part of me really wants the whole,"You wanting her healed might not be what she wants" bit from the skull knight to be a red herring. Dumb as it sounds I like the way Berserk is now instead of it being just dark, bleak and super depressing all the time. There's still tones of that, but having guts grow back into a person instead of a personification of rage and violence is great.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Franz von Dada posted:

Griffith is so overpowered right now, that I don't know how it could even be possible to defeat him anymore.

Guts is strong and all, but Griffith is as close to being a God as one can be, and he has a whole army of Apostles and normal people backing him up. Guts swinging his sword until everything stops moving sounds pretty cheap after all that build-up.
The funny thing is, keeping all this in mind and contemplating potentially cool endings to such a situation...what immediately comes to mind is what happens in the manwha Shin Angyō Onshi. Really worth the read for the tiny few people on ADTRW who haven't read it by now, I imagine. Real Berserk-like in spots to me and it ends quite well.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Franz von Dada posted:

Griffith is so overpowered right now, that I don't know how it could even be possible to defeat him anymore.

Guts is strong and all, but Griffith is as close to being a God as one can be, and he has a whole army of Apostles and normal people backing him up. Guts swinging his sword until everything stops moving sounds pretty cheap after all that build-up.

Keep in mind the last time it looked like Griffith was set for life, everything went straight to hell for him in every possible sense of the term. Who's to say it won't happen again?

Damegane
May 7, 2013

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Keep in mind the last time it looked like Griffith was set for life, everything went straight to hell for him in every possible sense of the term. Who's to say it won't happen again?

The rest of the God Hand sacrifice Griffith to become Super God Hand, Griffith falls to the earth, Casca sees him, regains her mind, tears him a new rear end in a top hat.

3 months later, Guts, his merry party, Casca, and Griffith in a wheelchair get on a new boat to take the fight to the Super God Hand. See you in 2020.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Damegane posted:

The rest of the God Hand sacrifice Griffith to become Super God Hand, Griffith falls to the earth, Casca sees him, regains her mind, tears him a new rear end in a top hat and they turn their boat around.

3 months later, Guts, his merry party, Casca, and Griffith in a wheelchair get on a new boat to take the fight to the Super God Hand on Fairy Island. See you in 2020.

Fixed that for you.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Guts wraps up the series with anime approved harem of hot retard, sad loli, and reformed mean pretty man and lives out his days chugging piss and doing suplexes on local ethnic carictiture.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
The possible ending where Griffith and Guts make up is hilarious to contemplate.

"By the way, sorry about raping your girlfriend into insanity and murdering the only family you ever knew,"

Guts stares at him. "Aww, I couldn't stay mad at you forever, Griffith." They hug. Fin.

Law Cheetah fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Mar 13, 2014

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

No outside force is going to topple Griffith's kingdom. However, we simply don't know how Griffith was changed by becoming a god hand. It is possible that he retains his tendency toward self-destruction. In fact, that is quite likely to be what the recent (lol) shift to Pippen in Falconia is all about.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

There are lots of ways you could get closure for the story without Guts killing Griffith in a literal blood-soaked fury. It could be as simple as killing him for a reason other than revenge -- or have somebody else in the main cast kill him.

Isodro. Isodro will kill Griffith. I would unironically love an ending where Guts wins as a result of the bonds with his new band of companions, with Isodro taking Griffith completely off-guard. It would be a little cheesy, but I'd prefer it to a "Guts berserks his way into another victory...but at what cost???" fight.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

There are lots of ways you could get closure for the story without Guts killing Griffith in a literal blood-soaked fury. It could be as simple as killing him for a reason other than revenge -- or have somebody else in the main cast kill him.

Guts shouts at Griffith, "You're kind of a dick". Griffith bursts into tears and Falconia disintegrates.

Honestly it seems like a better plan than trying to Berserk his way through a whole army of super-apostles.

Franz von Dada
Feb 10, 2014

A Boy and His Parasite

Ytlaya posted:

Isodro. Isodro will kill Griffith. I would unironically love an ending where Guts wins as a result of the bonds with his new band of companions, with Isodro taking Griffith completely off-guard. It would be a little cheesy, but I'd prefer it to a "Guts berserks his way into another victory...but at what cost???" fight.

Guts and Schierke will finally synchronize completely once and for all and Dance Like They Want to Win! :v: Griffith explodes to pieces. Fin.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Caska recovers her mind with fairy magic and remembers everything that happened to her. Reaching the ultimate peak of despair, she activates the Behelit carried by Guts.

The God Hand appears, and she chooses Griffith as a sacrifice. This works because Griffith stole the form of Caska's son. Griffith is marked with the brand of sacrifice.

Guts tries to kill Griffith, but he gets away, only to be killed by his own demonic lieutenants.

With Griffith dead, the sacrifice is complete, and Caska becomes an apostle. Guts gives in the the voice of the berserk armor that tells him to kill Caska, and loses his goddamn mind.

In the next chapter of Berserk, every page is pure black. It takes 7 months to produce.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Someone has to stab that giant, evil heart to death before the series can end properly.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Maxwell Adams posted:

In the next chapter of Berserk, every page is pure black. It takes 7 months to produce.

But when looked at with an electron microscope you realize that Miura just drew an insane amoung of detail.

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007

Say Nothing posted:

Someone has to stab that giant, evil heart to death before the series can end properly.

Does the Idea of Evil canonically exist? I thought that chapter was retconned out.

Son of Emhak
Sep 11, 2005

We say there's no parting for us, if our hearts are conveyed to each other.
I believe Miura said he revealed too much too soon, which implies that what was revealed exists, but the curtain was pulled away before it was appropriate to the development of the story.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I personally think it's a canon limbo. I agree with your reading of things, A.S.H., and that *is* what Miura said, then, but it's also been so goddamn long that it's certainly well within the realm of plausibility that Miura has since changed his mind. He may have changed his mind since it's been ages and that's what can happen when writing, or he may have changed his mind precisely because he accidentally pulled back the curtain too early, and in order to have his reveal have a bit more oomph, changed things around.

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:

TheFallenEvincar posted:

The funny thing is, keeping all this in mind and contemplating potentially cool endings to such a situation...what immediately comes to mind is what happens in the manwha Shin Angyō Onshi. Really worth the read for the tiny few people on ADTRW who haven't read it by now, I imagine. Real Berserk-like in spots to me and it ends quite well.

I just got around to reading this and I do see the berserk like qualities. It does have a similar plot structure to Berserk and protagonist. I like the connections to korean folklore which provided content for some really interesting side stories. The drawing was pretty good and very consistent.

What I don't like are most characters (even very important companions to the protagonist) are just there to be there. No interesting characterization or even past history is explained for them. And the lack of past history doesn't make them interesting in a mysterious way either. Then the ending dragged on for me and I could care less about everything. I felt like plot was just introduced and magic happened for the sake of progressing a story that was beginning to feel a bit stale.

I might be like this because I just burned through all of it in about three days...

The Walking Dad
Dec 31, 2012
I guess it's been mentioned here briefly, but how does everyone like Gigantomakhia?

The art is excellent of course.

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

"Quoting, like smoking, is a dirty habit to which I am devoted."

The Walking Dad posted:

I guess it's been mentioned here briefly, but how does everyone like Gigantomakhia?

Other than a few raised eyebrows at Miura's loli piss fetish it was pretty cool. I hope he makes it into a series after he's finish with Berserk......Oh, wait.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The Walking Dad posted:

I liked the absurdity of the wrestling stuff, it was definitively an enjoyable silly manga. In any case, if it helped Miura relax so that he can continue with Berserk, then that's even better.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

The Walking Dad posted:

It would be a solid oneshot series for me, if only because of Kentaro Miura art (otherwise it's not like the plot or premise or universe is particularly innovative or interesting, it felt like bugs + Attack on Titan + that one Akira Toriyama one shot he did in a desert world oddly enough), but I can't really get past the "More Berserk delays for THIS?" and "weird little girl/piss/etc. vibes".
I almost prefer Berserk delays when they're unexplained or left to fan theories about dating games or whatever, when I actually have the product causing the delays in front of me then I'm gonna be sorta biased from the jump against it as if expecting it to be able to justify whatever delay it's causing (even if it's likely we wouldn't have had Berserk chapters anyway just because of the nature of the slow update pace that we're used to). But yeah, if it helped Miura creatively vent in some non-Berserk way that will ultimately prove productive for Berserk then great.

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Mar 20, 2014

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Alright! I've been gone for a couple years. Have they reached the elf island yet?

Edit:
Ha, it's been 4 years actually. Question still applies though.

Solice Kirsk fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Mar 21, 2014

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

You like to rub it in, don't you?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

Alright! I've been gone for a couple years. Have they reached the elf island yet?

Edit:
Ha, it's been 4 years actually. Question still applies though.

Series is over mate. Everyone died in a nuclear explosion. It turns out the moral of the story was atomic weapons are bad.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Guts died on the way back to his home planet.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Sakurazuka posted:

Guts died on the way back to his home planet.

Guts killed everyone on the way back to his home planet :black101:

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Then he killed the planet.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

And it's all splash pages with insane amount of details. Every page takes 7 months to draw.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

The entire series just ends because Saitama from One Punch Man kills the Idea of Evil off-panel because he thinks it has something to do with sales.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
The last chapter (it's a bonus) of everyone's favorite piss manga is out. The peepee serves both more humorous and plot-expository purposes now.

The other, less urinary Miura manga is still on-track for mid-April.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009

LordMune posted:

The last chapter (it's a bonus) of everyone's favorite piss manga is out. The peepee serves both more humorous and plot-expository purposes now.

The backgrounds and the setting were great but this couldn't have ended on a creepier note.

Crampy Grampaw fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Mar 25, 2014

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

LordMune posted:

The action was fantastic and easy to follow. Miura delivers on the visuals in spades so no complaints there. I'd like to see a continuation of this story or maybe a prequel of sorts. Anything to get more 100 mile power bombs delivered by rocket propelled Titans. My only real drawbacks was my initial reaction to the indigenous race of African bug people, and all the pee jokes. He just had to get that last out there didn't he?

All in all it was a slow start during the first chapter but once the gladiatorial combat started, things got really interesting really fast and it kept my attention all the way through.

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012
I would read a full manga of GIGANTO MAKHIA

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

I would buy each panel of Delos and Prome wandering through all these different landscapes if they were available as prints.
drat, they are gorgeous!

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

LordMune posted:

So you're saying that Miura has cleared up his urinary track?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

Zenzirouj posted:

So you're saying that Miura has cleared up his urinary track?

No need to take the piss, mate.