Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Finally reached Raw episode 11 and thus, no more Rob Bartlett. Thank gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Any reason why Raw episode 6 is missing still? Hasn't been put up on the network since day one.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Okay, they've done the "replace the RAW ring girls with fat ladies" bit so many times I'm convinced someone on the production team had a fetish.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

BillyMays posted:

Any reason why Raw episode 6 is missing still? Hasn't been put up on the network since day one.

It was there at some point, I definitely know that. I remember because it had the sitdown interview between Hogan and Vince as well as the Mega Maniacs + Jimmy Hart interview seen here: http://prowrestling.wikia.com/wiki/February_22,_1993_Monday_Night_RAW_results

Not sure why they would remove it, though.

MrTpug
Feb 16, 2011

Watching Beach Blast 91...and there is a gentleman in the front row...short overhauls...it is glorious

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Maxwell Lord posted:

Okay, they've done the "replace the RAW ring girls with fat ladies" bit so many times I'm convinced someone on the production team had a fetish.

What are "Raw ring girls"?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Maxwell Lord posted:

Did Kevin Dunn run the truck back then?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The Grey posted:

Early episodes of Raw had ring girls, like in boxing.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

The Grey posted:

The ring girls on Raw.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I really enjoy the hart hbk DVD. I have half a mind to compare what Bret says in the first interview to what he wrote in his book and see if there's any big differences.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

MassRafTer posted:

With Nitro not starting until June I don't even know if that's the case. It seems like they've rushed this (which is amazing considering how long they've been working on a network.) When you had to put up WWE on Demand versions of content just to get it up and fulfill one of your promises, it's a sign stuff just isn't ready. I'm giving it another week trial and then most likely picking it up after that, but the back catalog feels so sparse compared to UFC Fight Pass.

I personally don't mind the classic Raws/Smackdowns being staggered. I just wish it was more organized and logical. I think it would be great if they did something like Saturday mornings they would air the Raw/Smackdowns back to back from that week in 2001 or whatever, and do a do it week to week in real time kind of. And then another day of the week do the same thing, but pick it up in another year.

I would be overwhelmed if every show was there. As someone who has every Raw and Nitro on my computer, and tried to watch them all chronologically, I got burned out quickly.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Where are my Saturday Morning Slam on demand episodes thank you

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Astro7x posted:

I personally don't mind the classic Raws/Smackdowns being staggered. I just wish it was more organized and logical. I think it would be great if they did something like Saturday mornings they would air the Raw/Smackdowns back to back from that week in 2001 or whatever, and do a do it week to week in real time kind of. And then another day of the week do the same thing, but pick it up in another year.

I would be overwhelmed if every show was there. As someone who has every Raw and Nitro on my computer, and tried to watch them all chronologically, I got burned out quickly.

It would be silly for them to put up everything, but the complete lack of any Nitros and territorial content other than WCCW (which is being put up out of order) is frustrating.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I'm guessing Elimination Chamber will go up next Sunday, when they'll only have paying customers for the first time.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

MassRafTer posted:

With Nitro not starting until June I don't even know if that's the case. It seems like they've rushed this (which is amazing considering how long they've been working on a network.) When you had to put up WWE on Demand versions of content just to get it up and fulfill one of your promises, it's a sign stuff just isn't ready. I'm giving it another week trial and then most likely picking it up after that, but the back catalog feels so sparse compared to UFC Fight Pass.

I see what you mean, but Dave did say they would be putting up more content when the free trial is over. At the time, he and everyone else assumed the free trial would go away after one week but it didn't. That would lead me to assume he was confused over some information about when the trial would end, but that the content update would be accurate.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Am in the only one that thinks the free trial continued because WWE expected more people to sign up in week 1? Or even, they didn't expect many people to cancel!

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I Feast On Dogshit posted:

Am in the only one that thinks the free trial continued because WWE expected more people to sign up in week 1? Or even, they didn't expect many people to cancel!

I think it was more that there were a lot of technical difficulties/ non-existent apps week 1 and they want to show people again now it's more stable

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Episodes of RAW aren't going up staggered; they're adding a new episode every day of the work week (I don't think they add new ones on the weekend). They're up to like episode 24 now, every morning at 9 or 10 AM.

I'm assuming they'll start adding episodes of Nitro (and maybe Thunder) when they kick off the Monday Night War series.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

so the new countdown of greatest betrayals is pretty great. Still waiting for a countdown that doesn't have HHH on it somewhere though.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

So, on the PS4 app, I accidentally backed out of the video I was watching, and when I came back to the video, it kept my place

:woop:

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!

Hockles posted:

So, on the PS4 app, I accidentally backed out of the video I was watching, and when I came back to the video, it kept my place

:woop:

Yeah I had that happen to me yesterday, makes watching PPVs a LOT easier.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Sadly, doesn't do the same on PC yet.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I'm watching ECW Hardcore TV. Holy poo poo, Sabu and Arn Anderson were in the same ring together! :stare:

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Retromancer posted:

so the new countdown of greatest betrayals is pretty great. Still waiting for a countdown that doesn't have HHH on it somewhere though.

Next week is "worst moments" so he probably won't make an appearance.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Next week is "worst moments" so he probably won't make an appearance.

I dunno, he was involved in Katie Vick.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

MassRafTer posted:

It would be silly for them to put up everything, but the complete lack of any Nitros and territorial content other than WCCW (which is being put up out of order) is frustrating.

No AWA or Memphis stuff at all?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

BigRed0427 posted:

I'm watching ECW Hardcore TV. Holy poo poo, Sabu and Arn Anderson were in the same ring together! :stare:

Now I want to watch that show they're hyping (in June 1994), even though I know it's going to be awful outside of Sabu vs Cactus Jack. Video exists but it's not on the Network since it wasn't a PPV. Can't find it anywhere.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

if it's the Sabu vs Cactus Jack match I'm thinking of, it's a little disappointing

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"

MrBling posted:

Not yet. Just old ECW television from '94, WCCW episodes, and some '70s and '80s matches from MSG and the Boston Garden.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

MrBling posted:

WWE doesn't own Memphis. It's one of the largest holes in the collection.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I thought they had reached some sort of agreement. Maybe I just imagined that.

At least they have the Championship Wrestling from Florida library, which should be good if it is in good shape.

MrBling fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Mar 23, 2014

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

WWE doesn't own Memphis. It's one of the largest holes in the collection.

Also I think that a sizable chunk of Memphis tapes no longer exist, or at least not in the original form/hands of the original owners

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

BigRed0427 posted:

Are you sure that wasn't his brother, C.W. Anderson?

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

LvK posted:

Also I think that a sizable chunk of Memphis tapes no longer exist, or at least not in the original form/hands of the original owners

Yeah. I remember hearing Dutch Mantell talk about how they would re-record over their 3/4" inch or Beta tapes because how expensive they are. When Memphis went under I think there were four or five claimants for the tape library including Lawler, Jerry Jarrett, Cory Macklin and Vince.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

The Grey posted:

Are you sure that wasn't his brother, C.W. Anderson?

WCW and ECW had some talent sharing agreement around 94-95. Bobby Eaton popped up in ECW a couple of times as well.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Cardboard Box posted:

if it's the Sabu vs Cactus Jack match I'm thinking of, it's a little disappointing

It's probably bad but whatever. I mean it's no Singapore Cane On A Pole Match or whatever the hell Sandman was in that show.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Just watched two of my favorite moments from 2013. CM Punk and Daniel Bryan vs the Shield ending with a Shield and Wyatts standoff, then the giant 12 man tag involving the Wyatts and Shield. The commentary team actually marks out when they start coming to blows. And the best part is Harper and Ambrose both trying to sneak attack each other at the same time. For all the problems with the main event scene, 2013 was a great year for matches, especially tag matches.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Dudley Boyz Heatwave 99 promo still half censored. It's weird.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
I'm watching Wrestlemania XIX right now and I'm laughing my rear end off at this "Matt Hardy 1.0" gimmick. Jesus.

Also, Rey used to be so, so good. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Desumaytah posted:

Also, Rey used to be so, so good. :sigh:

He still can be, too.

But to be fair, XIX was eleven years and like five knee surgeries ago for Rey.