Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Miniature Moose
Mar 14, 2009
I'm not a San Jose Sharks fan - I'm actually a Chicago Blackhawks fan. But this is a really awesome thing they did.

This is Sam Tageson, a life long fan with a congenital heart condition. They signed him for a 1 day contract, so he was able to practice with the team, spend the day with the players, skated during pre-game, and stood with the team at the start of the game for the national anthem. He is the first ever non player in team history to do so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
If you like French Bulldogs and Pugs, you should try reading BATTLEPUG! A high tale of swords, sorcery, and a Pug the size of a Humvee :black101:. A couple of pages are a little :nws:, but nothing too explicit.

Good News Everyone posted:

Did someone say guinea pigs?!

Huh, I didn't think it was possible for Guinea Pigs in a bath to have any expression other than utter betrayal and horror. Usually they just give you a look of "Why did you do this to me?" :qq:

More piggy pictures please.

Neddy Seagoon has a new favorite as of 03:03 on Mar 21, 2014

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Seconding the Battlepug recommendation. Don't read it at work if your boss is a hardass, but it's something I'd be comfortable reading with my parents in the room. Hell, my mother is actually the one that linked it to me originally because she's awesome :buddy:

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!

edit:

Baby moose caught in gate:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_DQyOCtIZw

particle409 has a new favorite as of 04:53 on Mar 21, 2014

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
This song makes me feel a lot better ever time I hear it.
Sage Francis "Best of Times"
I just really identify with it a lot for some reason. But it still makes me feel a lot better every time I hear it. I don't know if this is against the thread's rules, but I thought some people might get something out of it.
I hope someone else does too.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
A group pf penguins encounter their mortal enemy...a piece of rope:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYXCC9o1zuw

I love that oen penguin that manages to get across without tripping. He's like,
"Wait, what? Hot drat, I did it!"

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBaHPND2QJg
Orchestra flashmobs are the best! Seriously if this dosen't bring a tear to your eye, you might be dead inside.
Speaking as a former second chair violinist myself.
PS: Star Wars Flashmob

Dreadwroth has a new favorite as of 16:48 on Mar 21, 2014

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Alright, I got home yesterday and the marina wi-fi was toast, and it hadn't come back as of when I crashed, so I'll try and phonepost a longish story and hope I don't lose track of where I am narratively while on this tiny screen.

My senior year in high school we put on a production of the Scarlet Pimpernel. If you're unfamiliar, it's kind of Zorro-esque, but masked swordsman against Robspierre's tyranny in France. I admittedly don't remember all of the story details, so I might mis-refer to plot elements, but hopefully that won't detract from the story.

We get to opening night and things are going smoothly. The first big fight scene--the Pimpernel's sidekicks versus frenchies in a tavern near the channel-- commences and everyone's form is great. The pyrotechnics (what we were most worried about) go off without a hitch.

Then sidekick #1's foil breaks. If you're unfamiliar with fencing, when a foil breaks, all the safety measure are effectively nixed. Competitive fencers have died when a tip broke off and didn't get noticed, and the now-sharp end pierced the wiremesh safety mask.

So everyone offstage and on telex sees the break and freezes. Like, down to stopping breathing even. When we realize he's realized the sword broke everyone sighs in relief. But he's got the good sense to not risk staying in the fight, right? He retreats.

That throws a wrench into things, though--the french lackey is supposed to arrive late in the fight, club him over the head, and frisk him for a note about where the Pimpernel's supposed to be.

The other sidekicks scramble. Some of the french pursue. The lackey and his boss then enter what is now the post-fight mess. "How are they going to work this?" we're thinking. Well, most of us--the director is apparently muttering curses into the telex. So we've got like a fifth of the cast we're supposed to onstage, things are rather off the rails, and then the lackey saves the day...as he's being berated by his superior for letting the sidekicks slip away, he finds the "correspondence" on the tavern floor, as it "must have been dropped in the fracas!"

From there things continue as normal. No one got skewered, no one in the audience knew anything was amiss, it was, effectively, a seamless change.

Oh, and as it turned out, the "correspondence" was actually someone's pocket crib-sheet study guide for physics equations.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Crossposting from the cosplay thread:

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

The only thing better than a baby elephant is a fuzzy baby elephant

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
More from the cosplay thread!

Here's the Wampug in action:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ea1k-PHvRY

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Crossposted from the 40k thread in TG

burrito
Apr 6, 2011

I wish I had a taco instead.
I'm sure you all heard about the horrible helicopter incident in Seattle earlier this week. That day the KOMO 4 news casters had to report on the deaths of their work family and had moments where they (as any person would) completely broke down and cried on air. One little girl saw and wanted to make them feel better:

Good News Everyone
Apr 30, 2009
Did someone say more guinea pigs?!

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

In case those guinea pigs have too little hair for your tastes:

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Urdnot Fire posted:

In case those guinea pigs have too little hair for your tastes:

Dat dere's a hair squig.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

In case those guinea pigs had too much hair for your tastes:

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...

Triskelli posted:

The only thing better than a baby elephant is a fuzzy baby elephant

I don't even know whether to show this to my SO because that may be cute enough to cause Cute Overload; baby elephants are a Favorite Thing.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Good News Everyone posted:

Did someone say more guinea pigs?!

My girlfriend and I were discussing pokemon last night and we decided that the next game should be set in a psuedo-South American setting so that games ratatta equivalent could be a guinea pig that evolves in to a capybara.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I'm waiting on my discharge, but hooray to the overflowing cute after my request! When I get home I'll return the favor with a pic of our puppy, a shi-tzu/havanese crossbreed.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Soviet Commubot posted:

Crossposted from the 40k thread in TG

Female Space Marine, not canon.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

TaurusTorus posted:

Female Space Marine, not canon.

I'm pretty sure that's just a long haired little boy.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

rodbeard posted:

My girlfriend and I were discussing pokemon last night and we decided that the next game should be set in a psuedo-South American setting so that games ratatta equivalent could be a guinea pig that evolves in to a capybara.

Battlemaster might die of too much happiness :3:

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Radio! posted:

The best thing about these is that they're called skinny pigs.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
As promised: Puppy time.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Pharrelll's "24 Hours of Happy" has updated with videos for the International Day of Happiness:

http://24hoursofhappiness.com/

You can use the timeline at the bottom to jump to any hour but need to use the prev/next buttons to navigate within any given "hour" (there's 5 videos per hour).

Somehow this is even better than the original. Hour 3 is all covers, for example.

Dr. Witherbone
Nov 1, 2010

CHEESE LOOKS ON IN
DESPAIR BUT ALSO WITH
AN ERECTION

Radio! posted:

House hippos are REAL you say?! I ALWAYS KNEW I WAS RIGHT TO BELIEVE

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
A frind just posted in facebook.

Just a kitten, but I found it so cute I though it would be worthy to post here:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

M31
Jun 12, 2012
Some guy confusing dogs with a magic trick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMM4LrOq0iE

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

M31 posted:

Some guy confusing dogs with a magic trick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMM4LrOq0iE
Oh man, that last one. He's all like "Huh? What? What just... witchcraft! He's a witch! I'm outta here!"

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

maswastaken posted:

Oh man, that last one. He's all like "Huh? What? What just... witchcraft! He's a witch! I'm outta here!"

I like the Rottie. I'm deeply confused, you might be an evil witch but I want to lick your face now.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

This is sad but beautiful: A dying man's last wish was to return to the Zoo where he worked so he could say goodbye to the Giraffes that he'd cared for for many years:

Article posted:

The 54-year-old was wheeled into the enclosure on his hospital bed. Within minutes, the giraffes approached him and began to nuzzle and kiss him.

The Ambulance Wish Foundation, which transported Mario to the zoo, said Mario has little mobility and finds speaking very difficult. "However, his face spoke volumes", they said.

"These animals recognised him, and felt that (things aren’t) going well with him,’ Kees Veldboer, the founder of the AWF told Dutch newspaper Algemeen Dagblad.

"(It was) a very special moment. You saw him beaming."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/giraffes-final-goodbye-kisses-for-a-dying-zoo-worker-9207114.html

:3:

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

maswastaken posted:

I laughed harder at the one before last, he reminds me of David Blane's more superstitious crowds. He's the one that backs up, calls bullshit, looks over like "can you see this poo poo?", then barks at the 'witch' again, and runs away.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Chubbs is the best :3:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I watched the pug video and went to YouTube and searched for "bantha pug", and was not disappointed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjighCDPt-k

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Puppies learning to howl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vridzzySNkc

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I'm very tempted to annoy the dogs with that tomorrow.

And it's a good excuse to bring out the classic whistling puppy video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kfl-marPekc

Solus M.D.
Oct 17, 2007

what did i just post?

Bugs aren't cute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Solus M.D. posted:

Bugs aren't cute.
You chowderhead.

"I don't think so, kiddo."

Dogs react to magic tricks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEQXeLjY9ak

• Locked thread