Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Flying with TEST in the old days was fun because they were complete mongoloids on comms and it was comic relief but then they thought we goons were laughing because they were funny and not because they were complete mongoloids so they got worse and worse.

Also I challenge any BNI bitch reading this post to a 1v1 winner gets the losers corpse :henget:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches
So faction warfare in Black Rise is basically all Breachers and Tristans with an occational honey pot thrown in. Man, that got boring pretty quick.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

MickeyFinn posted:

So faction warfare in Black Rise is basically all Breachers and Tristans with an occational honey pot thrown in. Man, that got boring pretty quick.

I've been up here the last few says (in a breacher) and I feel like all I see are publishers and drams

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I'd love to get into some faction warfare but there's that whole logging in thing that seems to be problematic.

Thrasophius
Oct 27, 2013

Angela Christine posted:

Eve is terrible solo.

I'm disappointed TEST is being toxic rather than helpful to the newbies.

I went to null as a newb but never managed to join a group that understood I wasn't some amazing pilot that could do anything and fly doctrine fleets, so I quickly felt in way over my head and left. Now after a year in an NPC corp pirating solo I realise just how horrid it actually is running alone so am going to get out into null again because there's too many people who just cloak up out here I want to fight people who aren't going to run away and running solo I just ain't getting me those fights.

Also as someone already mentioned those newbies they drive away by not being helpful are the ones who will be cap pilots someday and are no longer on TEST's side so it really is their own fault and I'm baffled they don't see this.

Edit: Wow looking back my last visit to null was 3 years ago, didn't realise it had been that long

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Sir_Substance posted:

:words:

Trust me, no-one likes a den of racism, but going the other way is just as sickening. The middle ground is best.

Your argument is that some racism (or in your example, homophobia, so I guess you're trying to talk about bigotry in general) is the sole reason that successful magazines and forums remain successful. Does that not sound a tad bit insane, to you?

I mean, can you really not imagine any other reasons for your favored magazine/magazine-based forum losing popularity? Maybe the magazine itself would have lost popularity anyway, like all of the other magazines that have been losing readership for decades? Maybe those computer tech guys naturally migrated to other regions of the internet that were already more popular for computer news, like anandtech and tomshardware, and the homophobia bannings were completely unrelated? Did none of these thoughts ever cross your mind?

e: Your entire post is just so :psyduck:

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Mar 23, 2014

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I think I get what he's trying to say ('The issue isn't what's being said, it's that discussion of it is being stifled'.)

Except the argument's being used to stifle discussion. :v: To quote, "If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality."

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I think it's some sort of "you're the real antisemite bigot" argument because some people think that we should discourage people from using antisemitic slurs.

Because if you mock someone for saying "haha fagots" like a child then you're just being intolerant, I guess?

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

I was reading it as "forums where everyone can say whatever they want are poo poo, forums that are a huge mod-enforced echo chamber/circlejerk are also poo poo, you need a healthy balance between the two"

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

ranbo das posted:

I was reading it as "forums where everyone can say whatever they want are poo poo, forums that are a huge mod-enforced echo chamber/circlejerk are also poo poo, you need a healthy balance between the two"

That sounds like a great place to end this particular derail.

Blawrf
Oct 10, 2009

Hi, I'm Blawrf, and you can dock in my station anytime~~

Rowwr
Why do we have to talk about BNI fuckin' constantly, can't we just let them get on with their poo poo and ridicule them when they do something dumb or slap them on the backs and grin when they do something cool?

They're not what "TEST could've been" in some weird understudy sense nor are they the greatest threat to nullsec since Gevlon was conceived, they're just a newly null-sec fledged alliance who'll make their mistakes and commit dumb self-harm until they get their poo poo together. Like we did.

Blawrf fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Mar 23, 2014

Sir_Substance
Dec 13, 2013

ranbo das posted:

Didn't expect my comment to be this inflammatory, so I'll offer to have people PM me about it rather then derail it here. But to clarify, I will say that yes, this is exactly what I was saying. I'm surprised people found the message that hard to understand, really.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vyst posted:

Uba Stij was basically dredging old stuff up from the old "racism reclamation" days. By itself it's harmless (because I know he's just making light of something that happened), but it just takes one idiot to take that post and use it as the spark to start going into full blown SJW mode and it creates a ridiculous derail. This thread is not for that discussion. I have an opinion on ironic racism and it doesn't need to be hashed out here.

Uh, no I was referring to an instance from last year which I would assume wasn't part of the "old 'racism reclamation' days."

Pie_r_round
Oct 10, 2008

smg77 posted:

That sounds like a great place to end this particular derail.

Great, now can we talk about how to get our newbies unfucked by the reprocessing changes coming in the summer?

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

causticBeet posted:

I've been up here the last few says (in a breacher) and I feel like all I see are publishers and drams

Really? I haven't seen a single dram and I don't know what a publisher is. Punisher? There are some Incurus running around, at least this afternoon. None of this has anything to do with the people actually doing FW, they are almost entirely Atrons that are triple istabbed in my experience.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Pie_r_round posted:

Great, now can we talk about how to get our newbies unfucked by the reprocessing changes coming in the summer?

Move to Delve. Then the salvage (not loot) will include valuable armor plates.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Pie_r_round posted:

We already did that; reprocessing is best done via a Theta person with a 100% refining alt, and those guys are still going to be around after the reprocessing change (albeit with more SP in their characters), and Exploration was always a better income stream anyway

e: Even a newbie who isn't aware of the Theta refingers is still going to be bringing in tons of cash after the refining nerf, so relax

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Mar 23, 2014

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Pie_r_round posted:

Get to theorycrafting a good beltratting armor ship?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

The Leper Colon V posted:

Get to theorycrafting a good beltratting armor ship?

Burn Jita.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Virigoth posted:

Burn Jita.

I vote for this

Thrasophius
Oct 27, 2013

What sentry drones are best for different situations? Never used them before but am training toward them.

mikey
Sep 22, 2002

AAAAAAAAA

~~AAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~
I'm still not sure why they've pegged the max scrapmetal rate as low as 55%. It seems like 75% would be enough of a nerf to module compression to favor ore compression without significantly impacting meta 1-3 module refining rates or making Phoenixes literally worth half of a usable dread. 75% should also be enough to prevent any gains from tiericide mineral adjustments, assuming they're going to integrate 'extra materials' in this rebalance.

Thrasophius posted:

What sentry drones are best for different situations? Never used them before but am training toward them.

They're basically a range/tracking/damage tradeoff. Gardes are short range with the highest tracking and best damage. Bouncers are a passable mix of range, tracking, and damage (second, third, and second best respectively). Wardens are almost totally useless, and Curators are occasionally used when you need more tracking than Bouncers offer (or EM damage).

They all need to be rebalanced a bit.

Thrasophius
Oct 27, 2013

mikey posted:

I'm still not sure why they've pegged the max scrapmetal rate as low as 55%. It seems like 75% would be enough of a nerf to module compression to favor ore compression without significantly impacting meta 1-3 module refining rates or making Phoenixes literally worth half of a usable dread. 75% should also be enough to prevent any gains from tiericide mineral adjustments, assuming they're going to integrate 'extra materials' in this rebalance.

They're basically a range/tracking/damage tradeoff. Gardes are short range with the highest tracking and best damage. Bouncers are a passable mix of range, tracking, and damage (second, third, and second best respectively). Wardens are almost totally useless, and Curators are occasionally used when you need more tracking than Bouncers offer (or EM damage).

They all need to be rebalanced a bit.

Sweet that's good to know, thanks for the quick reply.

How is it the phoenix in particular is impacted by the change?

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Thrasophius posted:

How is it the phoenix in particular is impacted by the change?

The joke is that Pheonixes are only valuable as scrap minerals to make a good dread.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

bonewitch posted:

The joke is that Pheonixes are only valuable as scrap minerals to make a good dread.

All of the Phoenix's problems can be solved by making its model vertical. :colbert:

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

bonewitch posted:

It's not a joke.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Angela Christine posted:

Move to Delve. Then the salvage (not loot) will include valuable armor plates.

All of Delve is rented, even the Goonswarm Federation space. We have no rights to rat or salvage there.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Uba Stij posted:

Uh, no I was referring to an instance from last year which I would assume wasn't part of the "old 'racism reclamation' days."

I have no idea what you're talking about, also unless you have a screenshot or a bookmark you'll have a pain in the rear end finding it again because Our Forums Are poo poo.

edit: assuming you have access idk

FruitNYogurtParfait fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Mar 23, 2014

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Glory of Arioch posted:

All of Delve is rented, even the Goonswarm Federation space. We have no rights to rat or salvage there.

Relic sites in NPC space~

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

It's not a joke.

It's the truth :bahgawd:.

You know, if we completely ignore the weapon system, the phoenix is not a bad ship.

dotalchemy
Jul 16, 2012

Before they breed, male Mallards have bright green/blue heads. After breeding season, they molt and become brown all over, to make it easier to hide in the brush while nesting.

~SMcD

A White Guy posted:

You know, if we completely ignore the weapon system, the phoenix is not a bad ship.

It'd make a loving awesome freighter...

CHUCK WAS TAKEN
Aug 1, 2004
this kid has heart
If there were a Mordus Angels megathread, it would most certainly be subtitled "[05:52:51] Spyrius Syperion > tomorrow my mains girlfriend will be in a bomber as well"

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

A White Guy posted:

I love my Phoenix :(

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Glory of Arioch posted:

No, see, we move the whole alliance to delve, so newbies have access to slightly more valuable salvage. We rent out Dek instead.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

QuarkJets posted:

We already did that; reprocessing is best done via a Theta person with a 100% refining alt, and those guys are still going to be around after the reprocessing change (albeit with more SP in their characters), and Exploration was always a better income stream anyway

e: Even a newbie who isn't aware of the Theta refingers is still going to be bringing in tons of cash after the refining nerf, so relax

The problem is that they're reducing how much minerals are in the mods. So, there's that. Also reducing max scrapmetal refine down to 55%. you can't get 100%.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

So i've been in goonswarm for a bit over a day now. Impressions and experiences so far:

1. I don't know how people can complain about auth. I got authed and into the corp about 5 minutes after I applied. I was expecting a two day wait, so it was a cool surprise.
2. Every time I open my mouth somewhere, people throw ISK at me. Jesus christ, I've already been given 300m ISK.
3. After all the talk here about partial reimbursement for brave newbies, I asked for a frigate and got five. For free.
4. I flew to Hemin and just waited for something to happen. A couple of hours later there was a ping on jabber and I joined a fleet. I hosed up and got a bit lost, got trolled for marking a really beautiful perch and was later able to tackle a caracel for my first kill mail. My hands were shaking a bit, I'll admit.
5. We flew to the station at Sendaya and I tackled a Rorqual, but curiously no one was shooting at it, even though I announced point. It was right next to the station. Isn't a rorqual really expensive? Wouldn't that have been a great kill? I'm a bit puzzled why other targets were preferred.

Anyway, I had a great time so far, and I'm looking forward to getting accepted into arsehole squad and flying with other aussies.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Unimpressed posted:

So i've been in goonswarm for a bit over a day now. Impressions and experiences so far:

1. I don't know how people can complain about auth. I got authed and into the corp about 5 minutes after I applied. I was expecting a two day wait, so it was a cool surprise.
2. Every time I open my mouth somewhere, people throw ISK at me. Jesus christ, I've already been given 300m ISK.
3. After all the talk here about partial reimbursement for brave newbies, I asked for a frigate and got five. For free.
4. I flew to Hemin and just waited for something to happen. A couple of hours later there was a ping on jabber and I joined a fleet. I hosed up and got a bit lost, got trolled for marking a really beautiful perch and was later able to tackle a caracel for my first kill mail. My hands were shaking a bit, I'll admit.
5. We flew to the station at Sendaya and I tackled a Rorqual, but curiously no one was shooting at it, even though I announced point. It was right next to the station. Isn't a rorqual really expensive? Wouldn't that have been a great kill? I'm a bit puzzled why other targets were preferred.

Anyway, I had a great time so far, and I'm looking forward to getting accepted into arsehole squad and flying with other aussies.
:shobon:

It's good to be back.

Urit
Oct 22, 2010

Unimpressed posted:

:3: holy poo poo this is :shobon:.

If a ship is right next to the station and it hasn't attacked anything in the last 60 seconds, it could dock up instantly as soon as it took any damage.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Unimpressed posted:

1. I'm glad it went so smooth and easy for you. It usually does for me (though, not 5 minute fast easy).
2. 300mil? Please. Get on the Theta Squad jabber sometime during US prime and say "hi i'm a newbie".
3. It really is awesome. I've been playing since 2006, and I would be given frigates if I asked. It's the cornerstone of everything.
4. You don't have to wait for poo poo to happen if you don't want to. We often get newbies leading frigate roams after playing the game for 5 hours or so. Get on Theta Jabber. After your wallet blinks after saying "hi i'm a newbie" say "I want to lead a fleet" and we'll show you how to set that poo poo up. Then probably drink too much and go with you.
5. The rorqual was probably baiting the fleet to agress. If everyone had shot it, then the fleet couldn't have docked. I dunno, there's not many reasons to not shoot a rorqual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

So tackling has no effect on the ability to dock? OK, that makes sense then, it was a big ship so probably would have lasted a long time.

• Locked thread