Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

This week's Little King is linked, just in case, because he visits "the Hipi-Hopi Indian tribe" and attitudes were different in 1948.
There was a disappointing lack of breakdancing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Foxtrot

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Manuel Calavera posted:

Mother Goose & Grimm

For my dog, playing dead is the same trick as rolling over.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

A vision. A picture in my head. A picture of this.

Tiggum posted:

I've never seen smoked salmon that could be described as "flaky" before. The stuff I've eaten is really easy to roll.

That's cold smoked salmon. BlankIsBeautiful is talking about hot smoked salmon, which is flaky, just like fried salmon. I'm pretty sure the Cheap Thrills recipe calls for the salmon to be cold smoked.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Sounds like somebody is a Glen Campbell fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiWtrepZRHI

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Still Fluxing posted:

That's cold smoked salmon. BlankIsBeautiful is talking about hot smoked salmon, which is flaky, just like fried salmon. I'm pretty sure the Cheap Thrills recipe calls for the salmon to be cold smoked.

Yep, that's correct. It looks like what Tiggum posted is lox-like? Now that I think of it, I've had that as sushi before. I'm sure I can turn some of that up.

Welp, that's gonna leave a mark.

Newsflash... Heavenly Nostrils is late.

9 Chickweed Lane 3/23/2003

Whatever.

Zits

True, Walt. What'd ya just lose there? Thirty bucks? :v:

Kevin & Kell

That's actually not half-bad, Holbrook. I don't know if I would've cast Lindisfarne as Speed, though, Kevin would've been better. And, who the hell is Chim-chim?

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Chim-Chim is Speed's kid brother's pet chimp. Or did you mean who is the character playing Chim-Chim?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Hey, did anyone else see that Watterson actually did an interview?

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2014/03/21/talking-about-cartoons-future.html

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Peanuts (March 26, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean

Classic Popeye Sunday is gearing up for another slobberknocker. (c. 1942)

Pogo tries a new angle on spring training. (March 22, 1970)

First-Gen Blondie (August 31, 1941)

Out Our Way (August 29-30, 1924)

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac features Alice, the bruiser.

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011
I'm certainly well-rested enough.

Jim's Journal

No foreshadowing here. Just a catte.

Johnny Hazard

Oh, Lordy... so how do you figure she's going to trick Johnny into walking that far back into the plane from the cockpit?

Krazy Kat

Hey whaddayaknow, somebody else stays there besides Ignatz.

Classic Mandrake

If only Killer's scheming was half as good as his scheming faces...

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Zits

True, Walt. What'd ya just lose there? Thirty bucks? :v:

$38 (maybe $38.50 if "Th-" counts as half a word)

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

Tommy has found what appears to be a group of '70s-era street toughs.

I'm probably crazy for even thinking this, but what if Mary's lovely advice actually pushes Tommy over the edge and Mary finally realises that meddling can do more harm than good? It would be a whole new era for Mary Worth.

Dude, Chazz, you've got a lava cave under your house? You get all sorts of cool jumping puzzles and boss fights in one of those. Get a couple enchanted artifacts in there and you could flip that to a character from Rip Haywire or Prince Valiant for ten times what you paid for it.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

Nothing wrong with making attainable New Years resolutions. Better than setting yourself up for failure year after year.

The Amazing Spider-Man

Prince Valiant

I love that look on Val's face that says that somebody is about to get his rear end kicked.

Juliet Jones

But... but... he appears to be rather poor. :ohdear:

Phantom Classic

You kind of hope Phantom never mistakenly punches an innocent guy.

Big Ben Bolt

:monocle:

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

Poor Spidey must be getting some serious Gwen Stacy flashbacks now.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He's had time to see them in danger on the TV, get changed and swing over there to rescue them. Why is there traffic still moving underneath them?

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

That bus being there is entirely the police's fault. They should have blocked off the street.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Julet Esqu posted:

Juliet Jones

But... but... he appears to be rather poor. :ohdear:

Or

ChickenOfTomorrow fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Mar 23, 2014

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Heathcliff

The Phantom

Pickles

Sunday Rip Haywire

Classic Prince Valiant

Jesus, Val.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Bloom County

Calvin And Hobbes

Cheap Thrills Cuisine

Did you know that there's a Luann equivalent to Classic Peanuts? It's Luann Againn!

Mac is going on a Zippy-style spiel today. Does it usually? Who knows?

And Magic In A Minute has an extremely loose definition of 'magic'.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

Darthemed posted:

And Magic In A Minute has an extremely loose definition of 'magic'.

This strip is unbelievable

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

But a dog licking your hand is a sign of affection :crossarms: Look at the poor thing, it gets yelled at for being friendly and making Funky actually (holy loving poo poo) smile, and then spends the next three panels sad as all hell, forced to realize that it is in the Funkyverse where death is inevitable and pain and misery reign supreme.

I guess you can call it a melancollie :suicide:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I assume it's a hygiene thing to prepare it for working in hospitals.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

What on earth is going on in that post?

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Don't "shhh!" me, you rich bastard!

Darthemed posted:

Bloom County

I always thought this particular strip was funny, until I learned some people actually believe this.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Comics (March 5th 2007)

La Cucaracha

Doonesbury

The Duplex

Non Sequitur

---

Eyebeam

It's All Right Chief Dharma

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JaggerMcDagger posted:

This strip is unbelievable

http://www.snopes.com/business/deals/hummer.asp And they didn't even come up with it! I knew that 'toy yoda' line sounded familiar.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Kevin & Kell

That's actually not half-bad, Holbrook. I don't know if I would've cast Lindisfarne as Speed, though, Kevin would've been better. And, who the hell is Chim-chim?

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Chim-Chim is Speed's kid brother's pet chimp. Or did you mean who is the character playing Chim-Chim?

Yep, that K&K character. I don't think we've seen that one before.

And Bitchtits! Can we have some Dan Dare purty puhleeeze? I'm starting to feel lightheaded because I haven't had my fix. :v:

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

And Bitchtits! Can we have some Dan Dare purty puhleeeze? I'm starting to feel lightheaded because I haven't had my fix. :v:

Jeez, you're needy. :cheers:

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Contrary to all available evidence, I didn't forget I was doing this! Here's another chunk of 2010 The Amazing Mole Man!

Wow, Mary Jane sure is picky about her human-head-sized diamonds.

Say! Something about this looks familiar!

It's fun when Newspaper Spidey breaks into the Baxter Building/Avengers Tower/Wherever the better superheroes are living this week, because the residents generally beat the poo poo out of him before he can get around to asking them for help. I don't remember if that happens this time and I haven't looked ahead, but I'm looking forward to it.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Yep, that K&K character. I don't think we've seen that one before.

*sigh* Decisions, decisions. Is the pleasure of providing information greater than the shame of admitting I actually know poo poo about Kevin & Kell?

oh what the heck. That's Francis, the only human in the K&K-verse. His mother was actually a human from our world who got transported to FurryWorld or whatever they call it, where she was transformed into a rabbit, married a fox, and they had a human baby. And yes, none of this makes a lick of sense, please stop thinking about it.

To be fair to Holbrook, having a human stand in for a chimpanzee is kind of clever.

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011
The LeftyBosco Picture Show

Gahan Wilson

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

I've got to admit, I really haven't been paying attention to the latest story arc. This sort of stuff is the reason I started posting the comic in the first place.

Wee Pals

Is this a repeat? I know I've seen the joke before, and I can't quite make out which year it says.

Andertoons

:catstare: :staredog:

Four Eyes

Lost Side of Suburbia

The Hobbit's a short book, it's pretty easy to get through in one night.

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Wanamingo posted:

Lost Side of Suburbia

The Hobbit's a short book, it's pretty easy to get through in one night.

Thus enchanted by the power of words, Heckbender went on to change his name and write A Song of Ice and Fire.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

The thing that gets me about FOOB is some (most) of the story arcs weren't that good the first time around (current one included) and yet she's actively reworking them into something that is even worse.

Not only that - now that she has explained her inspirations for the strip, these reworked strips manage to portray her worse than the originals did.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

If this had muscular Phil Fumble somewhere then this would be peak Gilchrist.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Goober Peas posted:

The thing that gets me about FOOB is some (most) of the story arcs weren't that good the first time around (current one included) and yet she's actively reworking them into something that is even worse.

Not only that - now that she has explained her inspirations for the strip, these reworked strips manage to portray her worse than the originals did.

I'm pretty sure they told her to knock that off. It's just reruns now.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

I love the totally stacked juggs with the tasteful little crucifix nestled gently in the cleavage.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

I like that she's playing her vintage records on a lovely record player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Posting Classic Prince Valiant early since I may not have access to it tomorrow.

• Locked thread