Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Epilogue: The calm before the storm.
May 5th-June 9th

This is a quiet stretch, a time devoted to pouring over scouting reports and planning for the next season. The board votes are in, and the board has chosen, in their munificence, to go Bees.

We'll have an £18,200,000 budget to split between wages and transfers, a new feeder club in Europe to start a pipeline of players from other continents, an improvement on our current (already above average) training facilities, and we can now scout everywhere in the world. I'm a happy clam with most of these developments.

Shirra deserves this. I can't wait to see what he can do next year.

By way of comparison, the last place finisher in the Premier League gets over a million pounds in prize money. Mid-table is over ten million. We're gonna be rich!

Woah. I was willing to offer Coulson a new contract because he'd been pretty good for us despite his limitations. Then his agent goes and asks for over £7,000 a week. I'm sorry to see you go, Coulson, but I'd be more sorry if you stayed at that price.

Similarly, Poole wasn't bad at all as a backup, and if worst came to worst I could flip him for some cash. But he's not a player who deserves close to £250,000 a year.

Bailey's willing to sign for something reasonable, at least. The fan favorite won't be leaving for at least two years.

They won't let me pick the feeder club myself? What more do I have to do for this club? I also canceled
the Sampdoria link while I was at it, we don't need them anymore.

The very first thing I do with our new scouting range is get a scouting report on Rocky Bastable. I'll have to see if he's willing to join us later this summer when the game updates us to the Premier League. I can't believe he'd rather play in Qatar than come to a BPL club.

U Can't Touch This.

I actually improved everyone's morale in one of these end of season meetings. That's new.

I've arranged our friendlies. We've got fixtures against Wrexham Garden Village, Chester, TNS, and Tackleford as our minnow tuneups, and another free payday against Swansea. I've tried to keep some schedule open if another big club wants to come play at our house or wants us to go play in theirs.

Meanwhile the board has big plans. Sky Shadowing has hired a cousin of his to put in under-soil heating, which will keep our pitch dry and playable even in the pouring rain.

We're also getting a Youth Facilities upgrade, on top of the one that's already taking place. Note that I didn't ask the board for these things, they just went ahead and did it. I assume Sky Shadowing is taking his opportunity to dole out contracting jobs while he can.

Hey, this finally happened. When we're flush with cash this fall I'll be asking the board to push us up to Category 2.

The downside of the board splurging on stadium improvements is that we're about 2.5 million pounds in the red, I can't tell the scout I'm releasing to take a hike so that I can replace him with someone new. I do add two new scouts, though, and set them to work on South America.

I'm attempting to upgrade on those coaches who are at the end of their contracts. I'm unable to land this guy, who would have been a 4.5 star attacking coach, but I'm able to lure in a different coach with similar abilities. That coach is now the most highly paid coach on the team, at £2,300/wk. He's worth it.

I also re-up a number of our coaches. Boulding is the worst scout I bring back, he's only a 16/13 JA/JP, but his Tactical Knowledge has skyrocketed to 17. As he's the guy who scouts our next opponent having a high Tactical Knowledge attribute means that his advice should be heeded when he recommends our tactical focus for pre-match training.

You're worthless, directors. I'm going to keep working on this, I'll keep you updated.

We already paid over a million in taxes during the season, so this isn't that wonderful.

They hired some good accountants, we've lost a lot of money in the last year and I don't see how we're listed as having made a profit of nearly two million pounds.

There's now 41,000 dues paying members of the fan trust. I wonder how the original 10,000 members of the fan trust feel about these Johnny come lately, pink-hatted, bandwagoneering plastics.

This is worth more than twice as much as our original jersey sponsorship from five years ago. It's still peanuts compared to the giants of Europe, but we're starting to get somewhere when it comes to our business dealings.

When I arrived at the boardroom to ask about the hunt for a feeder team early one morning I found a suitcase full of neatly arranged banknotes with a note saying “Fuggedaboutit.” I promptly walked out, and no one has ever mentioned it.

Some players received more from their squad bonus than they earned in salary for the year. Maybe that was what the suitcase of money was for.

The ingame board is way more generous than you guys, this budget sums to about £32m, or £6m more than my request.

Wigan wins the promotion playoff, after overcoming QPR and Sunderland.

Fair Play regulations get a bit stricter. A £15m loss over three seasons really isn't that much money, and five points is not a slap on the wrist. £90m is a lot of money to pump into a club, but well less than the expenses of a megabastard clubs. Man City spends £139m a year on salary alone.

The Continental Fair Play penalty is rough, and the rules much more restrictive than that for the Premier League.

It's June, so the yearly awards are coming out. This is our best finish in over 150 years as a club. You're welcome.

Meteor missed a third of the season and still won best young player. It's his second award in this category in a row.

Lewis was excellent, making his second Team of the Year. I expect him to remain solid in the Premiership. I would love to pay out that bonus again.

Coulson and Harrison go one-two for goal of the year, thanks to their excellent strikes back in December. It's a good note for Coulson to go out on, he'll remain a good player in the lower leagues for several years.

We were picked to finish 21st and we finished 2nd. If I didn't win someone would have been arrested for rigging the vote. It's my third Manager of the Year award in a row. I should really ask for a raise.

Now top division teams want to interview me. Arrogant cads.

I've re-signed everyone who I wanted to, these guys will all be leaving.

Wait, what? No one told me about this! Who the hell decided to take out another loan with that New Jersey bank!?

The fans are never happy, though I'll agree that Harrison's cold streaks drive me crazy as well.

It's time to start remaking the team. I'm bailing on Siegrist and Garuti, both are amongst our highest paid players and both were among our worst performers. I don't think Curran, Peters, or Rainey will ever be more than benchwarmers at the Premier League level, so I'm going to see what I can get for them. Holland is somehow valued at 2m pounds, if we can get half of that for him it's a great deal. Pym wasn't bad, but we need to upgrade our striker, and he didn't improve as a player last season. It makes for a lot of turnover.

Notts County offers us £155k for Curran, a good deal, but he refuses to sign with them. What a jerk.

I'm also still hesitant to sell Todd. He's only got a year left on his contract, but we could get him to sign an extension and he still has room to improve. With Lewis he makes a solid centerback pairing.

We're finding fantastic players in South America, but they won't get a work permit and thus aren't worth signing. This guy, from Mexican club Monterrey, would be perfect for us if only he were able to obtain a work permit.

Oh what's that Australia? You think Mujkic will be joining you?

Hahahaha! He will never play for you when I can prevent it! So sorry, not sorry, Stinky Pete.

We may be a small fish in a big pond, but we've proven that we've got sharp teeth. It's time to make the world recognize the might of Wales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Appendix: The Year in Football/Futbol/Fußball/Calcio/Soccer, 2018-2019
June 1, 2019

Well, we know what happened in the Championship, but what happened elsewhere? In League One Coventry City and Hartlepool earned their way back into the Championship, with Crawley winning the promotion playoff. No word as of yet where Tackleford finished. I'm adding League One as a fully simmed division again, so we'll be able to keep tabs on those jerks.

The main megabastards are going back to the Champion's League, while Leeds, Aston Villa, and the Baggies drop back down to the Championship. AU-David Moyes is beloved by the Old Trafford Faithful after Man U held off Chelsea for the title. It's a very different universe than ours.

Arsenal beat out Crystal Palace for the FA Cup, while Championship opponents Fulham made it to the semis.

Up north Celtic retains it's stranglehold on the SPL. The Thistle drop to fifth place, but it's still better than Rangers, who appear to have become just another club beneath the thumb of Celtic.

Barcelona recovered from an early season swoon that saw them in 11th place in late fall. They still can't challenge Real Madrid for the title, only Atletico had a chance of that. La Liga is so boring at the top.

Dortmund wins for the second year in a row, though Bayern has somewhat recovered from their total catastrophe last season.

The only moderately interesting major league in Europe was the Premiership, as Juventus ran away with Serie A.

Oh, what a surprise, PSG runs away with the league again. Meanwhile, Orson Duchamps gets relegated along with Guingamp.

Porto lost only one game, which is impressive regardless of where you play.

It's only in the Netherlands where any intrigue is to be enjoyed. Heerenveen wins their first Eredivise title ever, while Ajax stumbles through a nightmare season that sees their lowest finish in two decades.

No one interesting even made it to the quarterfinals of the Europa League. Tottenham continues to be unable to win anything, which I'm sure pleases Arsenal fans.

Barcelona only won two games in it's group during the fall, while sitting in 11th in La Liga three months into the season. For them to come back and win the Champion's League is quite a turnaround, and should give hope to any real life Manchester United fans that they too might somehow pull a Chelsea and recover some glory from an ignominious season. I was pulling for Marseilles, though, it would have been galling for PSG to have someone else from Ligue 1 win the title, even if they themselves had won the previous year.

Japan and Morocco win their respective continental competitions. For Japan this is nothing new, for Morocco it's a huge achievement.

Jumping across to the Western Hemisphere, Montreal wins it's 4th title in three years. I've set MLS to be fully simmed, which will begin after the end of the current season. At the present Montreal and Salt Lake are by far and away the best teams in the two divisions.

Flamenco won the previous year in the Brasileiro, next season they will be a fully simmed league and I'll be able to offer a league table showing the prior year's outcomes.

Wow. Deportivo Moron was only just promoted from the second division the prior year, and previously had always been a lower division club in Argentina. Yet they overcame Boca Juniors, Velez, River and the rest to win the league twice in a row. I need to order my scouts to look at their team.

Viva Puebla!

Last year it was an all Brazil semifinal, this year only Palmieras represents joga bonito in the semis along with two Argentine sides and Mexico's Monterrey.

Overall a pretty boring year in the world of soccer. No real surprises in the largest leagues, and the megabastards generally won again. Hopefully in a couple years we'll start breaking that trend.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 01:50 on May 3, 2014

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011

habeasdorkus posted:

Notts County offers us £155k for Curran, a good deal, but he refuses to sign with them. What a jerk.

The agent says that his client is outraged at the low agent fees. Riiiiiight.

ThePenIsMightier
Dec 21, 2009

habeasdorkus posted:

They hired some good accountants, we've lost a lot of money in the last year and I don't see how we're listed as having made a profit of nearly two million pounds.

I'm not sure how deep FM2014 goes into accounting regulations, but aren't a lot of those supposed losses due to field and facility upgrades? In real life, those would be termed capital expenses and depreciated over a period of time. As a result, cash flow would be negative, but the team would still be profitable according to the books.

kitwew
Jul 23, 2013

Brony Hunter posted:

Plenty of home supporters end up starting at the Wrexham Lager Social Club... cheap, local beer helps. Can't beat a quick pint at the Railway. Also, can't forget the Old Vaults if you like mingling with the local wanna be hardasses. TRAVELLER'S TIP: If your team happens to be playing Away against Wrexham, DO NOT go to the Old Vaults. If you are from Chester, DO NOT go to the Old Vaults. For the love of God, do not go there if you're from Chester, and it's a Derby day. Seriously. You will get glassed. It is the type of place that'd worship Brown like a prince, however.

I imagine in this universe, you can replace "Chester" with "Tackleford."

I actually work with a dude who lives in Chester, and he like, invested into their community trust or summat? Well he goes to most of their games at least. Anyway he told me a while ago that someone bottled him when he went to the derby, but he didn't say where about he was. My best guess is that he wandered in that area, though.

Out of interest, have you ever been down the Racecourse ground? Is it nice? I went to the Deva last year and it felt really small compared to Prenton Park (I guess it would be) and you really felt the wind. Wasn't too fun a time cause the game itself wasn't that great either.

Oh and habe, any idea who got relegated from League 1?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

ThePenIsMightier posted:

I'm not sure how deep FM2014 goes into accounting regulations, but aren't a lot of those supposed losses due to field and facility upgrades? In real life, those would be termed capital expenses and depreciated over a period of time.

I think they do adjust for those expenses, but i don't think it would be enough to account for our losses. we went from 3m in the black at the start of last August to 550k in the red by early May.even accounting for capital expenses that's a lot of red ink. And we supposedly made a 2m profit. So i don't know how the game got to that number.

Ah well, no matter.

dadgummit
Dec 14, 2012

like a baby's bottom, smooth and sometimes...
explosive
Baggies getting relegated on one goal difference. I could see that poo poo happening this year and all :(

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Volume Seven: Big Pond, Little Fish
Prologue: Panning for gold.
June 9, 2019-July 1, 2019

This club needs a makeover. We were a pretty impressive little team in the Championship, but that won't fly up here in the big time. I've got a bunch of money, and a whole lot of holes to plug.

It'd be hard to overachieve more than we did. I'm still shocked by our promotion.

Thus ends Justin Bailey's four year reign as the fans Player of the Year. He was quite the lower league maestro.

Lewis also gets inducted into Wrexham's all time* team.

* “All time” only goes back to 2013, unfortunately.

Because the all-time team only goes back to the start of the game in 2013 we'll end up completely populating it with our players. We've already made a good dent.

The seasonal Best Eleven is updating again. It bugged out after the 2016 season, I'm glad to see it working again. It's a good, easy way to see who our best performers were on the season.

Our youth system is now awash in young talent. We've got 32 youth team players now, and only three of them are leaving due to their contracts expiring. They'll grub for playing time at both the U18 and U21 level. As giving you a thorough rundown on all of them would lead to a wall of text, I'm just going to post their headshots and their estimated potential, along with a couple words about them.

Alvaro
Defensive Midfielder

Alvaro, full name Alvaro Bolado, is a promising defensive midfielder who prefers to be known by a single name. He's 15, only speaks Spanish, and is potentially a stud ball-winner. He has the “Stay back at all times” preferred move, meaning that he's never going to find himself on the point of the spear, perfect for the anchor man role.

Alex O'Hanlon
Centerback

This Northern Irishman has nearly as high a ceiling as Chris Todd, according to my rear end Man. Expect to see him in a few years getting some chances with the first team.

Vasco Simões
Striker

Vasco is a French/Portuguese striker who will have to fight for primacy with the several other youth strikers I've signed. He's got as good a chance as any of them at becoming a first team regular in due time. He first has to recover from a torn calf injury that he incurred in late April and that will keep him out into August, his player status has read "Frustrated that his injury is preventing him from settling in at his new club" since he got here.

Ben Dixon
Defensive Midfielder

We brought this young Welshman back to where he belongs from Barnet for a paltry £33,000. From the time he was brought up from the Barnet Youth academy to the transfer window he featured in nine games for the Skrill Premier side, holding his own as a sixteen year old.

Piero Argenti
Forward

This excellent young trequartista has a “Model Professional” attitude, which he'll need as he tries to fight his way to the top of our youth team's depth chart. He's most suited for playmaking in the central midfield, but is also adept on both wings and at striker.

Cosimo De Blasio
Striker

Another Italian, like Argenti, De Blasio isn't as versatile. He's best at leading the line and scoring goals. He's only 5'9” so I guess the rumors of him being New York mayor Bill DeBlasio's bastard son aren't true. DeBlasio the mayor is a damned giant, whereas De Blasio the player is on the short side for a stormtrooper.

Matt Parker
Centerback

Poor Parker is only 15 years old, and already has a receding hairline. He's got plenty of ability, though, so he shouldn't worry too much about the creeping onslaught of his forehead against his follicles.

Kristian Ludwig
Centerback

Ludwig Krüger
Striker

The Ludwigs join us from Austria, and came over for a nominal sum. They were my first international signings, and both were quickly outclassed by later purchases who share their position. They'll get in a few years in the youth system and then be sold off for a solid but unspectacular profit.

Bill Timmins
Right Winger

This was a mistake on my part, I was rushing through so many players I didn't stop and evaluate Timmins as fully as I should have, nor did I ask another scout to give me a second opinion on him. He's a talent we'd have loved to find four years ago, but he's been surpassed by the players we can attract now. Ah well, he'll still make us money when I sell him in a few years

Kais Rouissi
Attacking Midfielder

Last but most certainly not least, Kais Rouissi. He's a wonderkid. He's only 14, yet already possesses professional grade technical and physical skills. He's unambitious, which is why I assume he was willing to come to a fairly unheralded club like Wrexham. That means his head shouldn't get turned easily by the largest clubs, he just doesn't care so long as he's playing. I expect that I'll use him in a cup game or two this season, and it's almost certain that he'll get on the field in a Premier League match in the next two seasons, which would make him among the youngest players in Premiership history.

As the new prospects come in, an old one takes off. Curran didn't develop quickly enough to stick with the club, so I was happy to send him somewhere he might get playing time.

I was also able to offload Siegrist at a very good price. He was only decent in the Championship, and I'd rather let Blackburn get frustrated with his mental errors than spend another year hoping he learns how to concentrate. He signed with us on a free, so we essentially made £1.5m after subtracting his salary from last year.

The transfers put us back into the black, and I'm able to terminate the contract of a scout who was leaving at the end of the month. This allows me to hire a new scout three weeks earlier.

So fancy! No more postponements for our home games and I believe our field will recover more between matches.

I'll see how much he wants before I decide whether to sell him or not.

He's not reported as being completely disinterested in the scouting report, he's in the red and "dubious" about joining us. I'm going to see if I can persuade him via the time honored method of offering him fat stacks of cash.

He wasn't even that hard to sign, taking less than Mujkic. This will be by far our biggest transfer splurge of the offseason, we're lucky that we got so much for Siegrist and thus don't have to worry about cash flow while we seek to move other players I've deemed not worthy of wearing our kit.

: (Dyspeptically) We just got to the top, why would I ever sell him now?

Todd's demands were extremely reasonable. We're not going to find as good a player for this price, he's assured himself of his continued residency in Wrexham.

Rainey was struggling to keep up at the Championship level, he'd never have been able to handle the Premier League. Better to strike while he still has some value.

I've decided that our 4-5-1 Counter formation was simply not strong enough defensively for the next level. Specifically, our fullbacks had a real problem both playing a role in our attack while handling their defensive duties. Part of that is because our fullbacks just weren't very good, but part of it was the huge amount of space between them and the wingers, as well as those wingers lack of defensive duties. So I've created a 4-4-1-1 Counter tactic. The wide midfielders should be able to assist more on defense, and the fullbacks should be less overrun by the opposition's wide players. Our attack will run through the spine of the team, where the deep lying playmaker in the central midfield will seek to get the ball to the trequartista, who themselves will be knocking through balls to the advanced forward. The wide midfielders will be tasked with getting upfield to assist on those attacks as well.

I'm calling this one y bws Cymraeg. It's a batten down the hatches formation for when we have to venture into the megabastard's lair. Three centerbacks means we'll be able to clog the penalty area, and our game will be built around absorbing pressure and lightning quick counter-attacks to our striker.

The 4-5-1 Attack formation remains in place. It'll come out when we're at home and playing clubs that are midtable or below.

This is working out pretty well. The teams we'll be fighting against in our upcoming relegation battle are taking our worst performers from last year and giving us money for the honor. I wish I could have gotten more for Garuti, but once again he was a free transfer and thus this essentially pays for his salary last year.

He'll be granted one, he's Australia's main striker.

The deconstruction of the old team proceeds apace. Holland is valued at £2m for some reason, I highly doubt we'll get even half that for him. We should be able to get £1.5m for Pym, though.

With 29 youth players you better believe that I'm signing up for these leagues. It's the only way to make sure they all get enough playing time.

Bonuses are starting to become real money, something to keep in mind when you're negotiating contracts for the first time at this level of play.

The schedule doesn't do us any favors at the start of the season. Everton is perennially among the best of the non-megabastard clubs, and our second game takes us directly into the heart of darkness.

It's not that awful thereafter, however. I don't think there's a match we're certain to lose on it after the Man U fixture until we go to Anfield to play Liverpool in November.

By the start of the season our payroll will have nearly doubled and that transfer budget will be 1/10th the size.

For the first time we'll have to register our team, players who are not under 21 and who aren't registered can't play in league games.

For US/Canadian readers, this is approximately $70,000,000. Everyone who doesn't really follow soccer kept asking “is Premier League money really that much?” Yes. Yes it is. The TV rights alone are more than three times our total income from last year.

This is hopefully the last time promotion salary increases come into play. Mujkic's salary rose from £24,000 to £33,000 a week thanks to his yearly and promotion raises combining. Luckily, we can afford that type of salary now.

Ouch, this could really screw Wigan. Having a takeover occur in the middle of the transfer window just after being promoted is awful. If the takeover drags on it could cause them to be completely unready for the start of a year where they need to be at their best to avoid relegation.

There's now six teams in on the transfer of a French fullback I want. Our only real competition for his signature is Rennes, a Ligue 1 team. I increase my wage offer slightly in order to sweeten the deal.

Would never have happened if US Soccer would just do the obvious thing and hire me to take over for Klinsey. AU-Klinsmann can't even properly recruit players like Julian Green to switch from the German national team to the American one!

Wow, that happened fast. Three days from the takeover becoming public to the deal being sealed. Wigan's coach is going to get fired after leading the team to promotion. I already don't like this new owner.

Oh boy.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy.

Rocky Bastable
Striker

This Aussie bastard is a major upgrade on every striker that we've seen come through Wrexham, including Billy the Kid. He doesn't have the speed of Harrison, but in every other way he's much better. He's not only an incisive finisher (Finishing 16, Composure 14), but he's an aerial threat (6'2” tall, 15 Jumping Reach, 13 Heading), gets himself into good positions (Anticipation 14, Off the Ball 16), and he's great when charging the defense at speed (First Touch 14, Dribbling 18, Technique 16). Just as important, he's not at his peak and is only 23 years old. He'll likely have another year or two of rapid improvement before he hits that peak, at which point he'll be a force of nature. I've had my eyes on him for a year since looking at Mujkic's fellow national team members, and landing him is an absolute coup.

I want him integrated and comfortable by the start of the season, hear?

Bastable is merely the beginning of our first team signings. Over the next month and a half this team will see a massive overhaul that will hopefully prepare us for the rigors of the deepest national league in all the world. We're on the doorstep of worldwide acclaim, and I won't rest until we've got the global reputation our history deserves.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Mar 23, 2014

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

habeasdorkus posted:

Would never have happened if US Soccer would just do the obvious thing and hire me to take over for Klinsey. AU-Klinsmann can't even properly recruit players like Julian Green to switch from the German national team to the American one!

Keep away from our players :argh:

How will Germany win the World Cup to match Italy if we lose players to second rate football nations like the USA?

And aren't you a little bit worried about having two of your most important players be Australian? I thought the last season would have taught you how awful that can be.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Get loving in Wrexham

beru04
May 4, 2013

Stop making me realise things.
Well, at least alphabetically, we've nowhere to go but up!

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Anyone else seeing Mujkic & Bastable starting a P.I. firm in the off-season? Bastable as the hard-nosed tough guy and Mujkic as the charmer, they play football and solve crimes related to football.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Wait, so not only does Australia, of all nations, have two phenomenal players, but you've signed both of them? How on earth does that work?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

TheFlyingLlama posted:

Wait, so not only does Australia, of all nations, have two phenomenal players, but you've signed both of them? How on earth does that work?

They're more prospectively phenomenal than currently so, but yeah. It's weird. We were able to get both of them because of serendipity. I only found Mujkic on a complete fluke, and I only found Bastable because I found Mujkic.

Torrannor posted:

And aren't you a little bit worried about having two of your most important players be Australian? I thought the last season would have taught you how awful that can be.

Not that worried. The Asian Cup is only once every 4 years, and the ASEAN tournament is bugged- Australia isn't supposed to be playing in it. I can remedy that via the editor. Even if they were supposed to be playing in it, it's only once every two years and should be set as a B Team competition.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

habeasdorkus posted:

Not that worried. The Asian Cup is only once every 4 years, and the ASEAN tournament is bugged- Australia isn't supposed to be playing in it. I can remedy that via the editor. Even if they were supposed to be playing in it, it's only once every two years and should be set as a B Team competition.

Just had a quick look as you mentioned that, and apparently Australia have never participated before because they only joined ASEAN as a full member last year. This October might be the first time that they actually play in the competition. So it's probably not a bug, more likely a B-team thing, though, given the quality of the competing nations and the fact that it takes place at the end of the A-League season, so they'd be more likely to call up players from closer to home rather than full internationals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASEAN_Football_Federation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASEAN_Football_Championship

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
So, like, I have a very important question.

How the gently caress do you pronounce "Mujkic"?

beru04
May 4, 2013

Fedule posted:

So, like, I have a very important question.

I've imagined it's gonna sound something like 'Moo-chich' but that's just me.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Fedule posted:

Replace 'u' with 'oo', 'j' with 'y' and 'c' with 'ch'. It's still different than what it's really pronounced as, but Mooykich the closest I can do. (edit: By which I mean, the closest I can present it to you)

Also, habeas, amazing thread, took me a week to get through it but I don't regret it.

my dad fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Mar 23, 2014

Carrigskeewaun
Mar 6, 2008

Not Brazil

beru04 posted:

I've imagined it's gonna sound something like 'Moo-chich' but that's just me.

After a quick google the surname 'Mujkic' seems to originate in Bosnia, and Bosnian (and Croatian and Serbian) google translate all pronounce it 'Muoy-kits'. However, as he's an Australian citizen he might say it totally different. Though I seem to remember him having a second or third language?

Iunno. I always read it as 'mookitch', myself. Could The God-King (Discretely) ask him?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Five seconds in the anchor says the name "Asima Mujkica", which is a declined (is that a verb of declension?) form of the surname:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbh8YZ1PY-E

It is indeed very much like Mooykich, as my dad said, but shorter.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

steinrokkan posted:

Five seconds in the anchor says the name "Asima Mujkica", which is a declined (is that a verb of declension?) form of the surname:

Nouns have several grammatical cases in Serbo-Croatian, "Mujkića" is the accusative form of Mujkić.

edit: No idea about the word declension, though. :v:
edit2: I most certainly did not misunderstand the bracketed question, no sir. :v::v:

my dad fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Mar 23, 2014

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Now we're a proper premiership side we need some supporters songs.

This is my kinda crappy first attempt

"he's strong, he's rich. His real names Mujkic meteoooor meteoooor! "

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

blakout posted:

I see a giant silhouetto of a man,
Mooykichoo, Moykichoo, will you do the fandango?
Dribbling balls like lightning, very very frightening! (Me)

Scott Brown heyo!
Scott Brown heyo!
Scott Brown heyo, unleash the
Me-te-ooooo-oooo-oooor!

beru04
May 4, 2013

"<Other Team> what's the score?
It is time for Me-te-or!"

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

my dad posted:

Replace 'u' with 'oo', 'j' with 'y' and 'c' with 'ch'. It's still different than what it's really pronounced as, but Mooykich the closest I can do. (edit: By which I mean, the closest I can present it to you)

steinrokkan posted:

It is indeed very much like Mooykich, as my dad said, but shorter.

And here I was pronouncing it Moosich in my head, thinking the K was pronounced as in Krzyzewski. Thanks for clearing that up!

Mujkic is Australian by birth, but he speaks basic Croatian.

Carrigskeewaun
Mar 6, 2008

Not Brazil

blakout posted:

To the tune of 'Trogdor':

'Meteoooooooooooooooor!'

DUNNA DUNNA DAA DUNNA DUNNA DAA
DUNNA DUNNA DAA DAA DAA DAA DAA DAA

'Meteoooooooooooooooor!'

etc.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Since we're getting youth players now who won't have any business being in our main team for at least a year or so...

I'd be interested in seeing what people have to say about the merits of loaning out vs. keeping them in your youth sides.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I'd like to see someone adapt Winning Team/Losing Team.

:Pointing: "Is that not a soccer pitch?"
Crowd "YES THAT IS A SOCCER PITCH!"

:Pointing: "Is that not a scoreboard?"
Crowd "YES THAT IS A SCOREBOARD!"

:Pointing: "Is that not a (winning team's score)?"
Crowd "YES THAT IS A (winning team's score)!"

:Pointing: "Is that not a (losing team's score)?"
Crowd "YES THAT IS A (losing team's score)!"

:Pointing: "Is that not the winning team?"
Crowd "YES THAT IS THE WINNING TEAM!"

:Pointing: "Is that not the losing team?"
Crowd "YES THAT IS THE LOSING TEAM!"

All "WINNING TEAM! LOSING TEAM! WINNING TEAM! LOSING TEAM!

And so forth.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Chapter the First: Old faces, new circumstances.
July 1, 2019-August 16, 2019

Now that we're in the Premier League, we've got a lot fewer matches to play. The Premiership only has 20 teams as opposed to the lower leagues' 24, and thus we have 38 league games a year instead of 46. It means that we'll have more time between matches, and that our first match won't be until mid-August. Moreover, we'll also avoid the first round of the Capital One Cup. All that means that we'll have a full month and a half before we play a competitive match. Which is good, because the team is going to see some big changes in that time.

I'm pretty sure that Walsh was paralyzed when he fell down the stairs leaving the training facilities for the last time.

You're expensive, but I haven't seen many good fullback options on the market.

How injury prone?

Are you by any chance related to Anthony Walsh? The last thing I can afford is an expensive left back that can't stay on the field. Pass.

Since we have more time than I expected before our first match I fill out our schedule with a couple overseas excursions to test the team.

Would have liked to see more leadership from the Captain and Vice Captain here, but everyone seems on the same page.

These aren't all the contracts that end after this season. Simpson, Holland, and Peters should also be on the list.

I have to get around to giving Eden a professional deal at some point.

Jersey sales have doubled. I can't wait to renumber everyone before the start of the season to make the people who just got jerseys feel obsolete.

Peters was another youth product that would have been overwhelmed in the Premier League. We did well to get £475k for him.

He still has 2 years left on his contract, and I need every last penny to bring in new players. Djurovic is just going to have to pound sand.

If we get Vlad here it's because he decided he didn't want to play in Germany.

This here is a perfectly serviceable central midfielder that Chelsea didn't have space for because they only use the finest players and have no need of merely decent ones.

Richard Petts
Central Midfielder

Petts will be handling corner kicks whenever he's on the field. He'll be in rotation with Bailey, Shirra, and Djurovic as our non-defensive midfielders, and essentially takes over the role that Tedesco had last year. Hopefully he develops a whole bunch and Chelsea is made to regret releasing him a la Daniel Sturridge.

At Garden Village, July 2, 2019
Friendly

Time to trounce the locals in a spot of footy. We're very short on fullbacks at the moment, having sold off Garuti, Siegrist, and Peters without yet getting any of my current three targets to sign. Luckily, we have youth players who are more than capable of filling in against the likes of Garden Village.

Starting Formation: 4-5-1 Attack.
Starting 11: Higgs, Vaillant, Todd, Lewis, Mejasic, Simpson (c), Petts, Bailey, Gorman, Mujkic, Harrison.
Subs: Love, Kemp, Rush, Chapman, O'Hanlon, Troelsen, Shirra, Djurovic, Bastable, Rouissi, Pym.

There is zero to say other than that we properly crushed the locals. Mujkic led the way with four goals, and it was a good opportunity to give everyone minutes in order to get fit.

Man of the Match: Meteor Mujkic

Garden Village 0-8 Wrexham

Durand finally makes his decision after nearly a month of contemplation, and joins us. He comes at a low salary, just £3,000 a week. These days that seems like a paupers sum when two years ago it would have made him one of our highest paid players.

Mathias Durand
Left Back

Durand is ambitious. When Guingamp got relegated from Ligue 1 he forced an exit. We were the beneficiaries of his ambition, he's an adequate defender with the potential to get somewhat better. He'll be playing when I want a more defensive option than Mejasic at left back.

This guy would have made a great right winger. Sadly, he has no interest in coming to Wales.

Nor does this fullback. Don't worry, Parra, I would rather spend a year in Buenos Aires too.

Here we see a rare example of a higher division club loaning out a lower division player.

Wayne Hurst
Right Back

You might recall that I tried to buy Hurst last summer, only to have my offer of £1m rebuffed. Well, this time I realized we didn't have enough cash to buy him, but that he'd probably want to come to us on a loan over just about anywhere else. Now we have him for the next season, and while he's not quite up to Premier League level at the moment he's young enough that calibrated playing time could result in massive improvements. Then, next summer I'll have money I buy him. Or if he doesn't develop I just send him back to Huddersfield. Either way, he's a very economical right back.

I've missed you.

Stuart Mair
Defensive Midfielder

Mair was the first diamond in the rough I found, all the way back at Tackleford. They were idiots and sold him for a mere £1.3m to West Brom instead of developing him into a star themselves. Luckily, West Brom did right by Mair and he's become a very good anchor man at the age of 21. Since neither Troelsen nor Simpson are long term solutions at defensive midfield, I cracked open the transfer kitty and brought Mair back to me. You might remember that he was a weakling when he first came to Tackleford, with a Strength of 1. Check out how much he's gotten his swole on.

Holland ends his successful tenure with the club, bringing back a goodly ransom.

As Holland walks out the door, a second Dane strolls in with his luggage.

Lasse Johansen
Centerback

Johansen is our third choice centerback, replacing the departed Poole. He's got strong technical skills, with 15 in Marking, Tackling, and Positioning, but he's let down by his poor Jumping Reach and spotty attention to the game. If he can improve mentally and learn how to jump, he could be a solid starter. If he can't, he'll be forever a backup.

Vlad goes elsewhere. Probably just as well, while it would be nice to have a centerback to push Johansen down the depth chart, we still need another right back and right winger and money is starting to run short.

At Tackleford City, July 9, 2019
Scott Brown Rivalry, Friendly

Poor Tackleford. I feel so bad for them, stalling out and almost getting relegated from League One. It must be so sad for their fans and insane Cadbury heir owner. :unsmigghh:

Starting Formation: 4-5-1 Attack
Starting 11: Higgs, Hurst, Todd, Lewis, Mejasic, Mair, Petts, Shirra, Gorman, Mujkic (c), Bastable.
Subs: Love, Vaillant, Durand, Johansen, Chapman, Troelsen, Djurovic, Bailey, Rouissi, Argenti, Pym, Harrison.

Tackleford parks the bus, but not even a brick wall in front of the net could save them. Richard Petts puts us up with a wonderful long range shot after thirty minutes, and William Harrison adds one of his own in the second half. Tackleford never even look a threat, with only two shots the entire afternoon. The last three years have seen a seismic change in relative fortune between the clubs, and the Tackleford fans know exactly which end of the stick they got when they ditched me.

Man of the Match: Richard Petts

Tackleford 0-2 Wrexham

Three cheers for not having to play in a mudhole.

PSV clearly didn't check their calendar before agreeing to the friendly with us. There's no way I'll find a quality opponent at this late date for us to play.

I'm pretty sure that Wigan is going to get relegated. This sort of tumult just before the season starts is deadly for a team coming into the Premier League.

: (Incredulously) Let me get this straight. You want me to leave the club I've raised to prominence, where I'm beloved as an icon of the franchise, for another newly promoted team which just completed a very poorly timed takeover during the most important part of the close season? And you're not even offering me the job, I have to interview for it?

“Extremely capable of avoiding relegation”- well when you put it that way, what can possibly go wrong?

We're actually picked to get relegated, but I like our chances more than the oddsmakers. Everyone is expecting Crystal Palace to go down, though. 2000-1 are the worst odds in a league I can recall seeing.

At The New Saints, July 14, 2019
Friendly

Another creampuff. I feel like a SEC team in September.

Starting 11: Higgs, Vaillant, Johansen, Lewis, Durand, Mair, Petts, Djurovic, Gorman, Mujkic, Harrison (c).
Subs: Love, Mejasic, Hurst, Todd, Chapman, Simpson, Troelsen, Bailey, Walley, Rouissi, Pym, Bastable.

TNS put up some fight, which gives me concerns about our defense. After we nab two goals in the opening minutes they're able to halve our advantage just before the break. Harrison restores the two goal lead, but TNS still isn't done, pulling back to 3-2. We don't have any trouble winning, but the team is feeling overconfident judging by their performance on the pitch and their reaction to my blandishment that they were sloppy and would need to be better against more impressive opposition.

Man of the Match: Billy the Kid

TNS 2-4 Wrexham

With this signing I'm left with £10k a week in wages and £1.5m transfer budget to find a right wing.

Nadjim Youssouf
Right Back

He's no spring chicken, but good fullbacks are harder to find in this game than a cold American double IPA in a British pub. I had to sign him for more years than I would have liked, and he has a 15% sell on clause that'll take a chunk out of any transfer fee we get for him, but he should be able to handle the position while Hurst develops into the world class fullback that he's capable of being. Youssouf is now our first player over thirty years of age since I sold Luke Reid two summers ago.

That's... (punching in numbers on the calculator) .1% of our income from TV rights. Beats a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

There were a lot of suitors for Novotny this summer, and when I originally turned down Arsenal's offer he complained. He continued being a prat even when I pointed out he wouldn't get playing time at Arsenal and should go on loan elsewhere. While I'd usually impose my will on a recalcitrant player and refuse to let them get their way, Arsenal has better facilities and coaches than we do, and Novotny will likely improve more spending the season with them than he would anywhere else. So he gets what he wants. I might be turning soft in my old age.

I'm sure no one will notice.

Confound it. I improve my offer, I don't want to get snaked by some club playing in a Mediterranean paradise.

The downside of new players and new tactics is making itself known. We're not going to be tactically proficient for a couple months.

Gorman is in the final season of his contract, and my rear end Man doesn't think he'll get any better. Nevertheless, I don't want to sell because we're already shallow at winger.

As per usual, the megabastards top the bookies list.

If we're to avoid relegation we're going to need every last bit of inspiration we can lay hands on. If the promise of filthy lucre helps the players perform better, we'll give them lots of it.

With Pym gone we've moved all the players I had marked for sale. Once we sign a right wing our business should be complete.

vs Swansea, July 20, 2019
Friendly

Swansea will provide an actual challenge, and a chance to use our defensive tactics for the first time. They're predicted to finish 7th this year, so a good performance on our part would be a sign that we can keep afloat when the season begins.

Starting Formation: 4-4-1-1 Counter
Starting 11: Higgs, Youssouf, Lewis, Todd, Durand, Djurovic, Mair, Petts, Mujkic (c), Gorman, Bastable.
Subs: Love, Mejasic, Hurst, Johansen, Vaillant, Troelsen, Simpson, Shirra, Rouissi, Bailey, Harley, Harrison.

We should have gotten a result. Richard Petts put us on top early, but we surrendered two goals on both sides of the break and went down to defeat despite playing our Welsh rivals dead even. It's a disappointment, especially given our inability to get our shots on target despite plenty of shots from inside the area.

Wrexham 1-2 Swansea

More takeover turmoil for other Premier League teams is all to the good for us.

Gorman is still desired by other clubs, but I'm going to need convincing before I sell. I'm also looking around to see who we could get to replace him.

He chose us! Yay! Sucks to be you, Mallorca, with your pristine seascapes and warm, sunny weather.

He doesn't speak English yet, so I expect he'll be hanging around Dinko Mejasic until he learns the basics.

Daniel Matko
Right Winger

Matko, like so many of my signings, is a young player who's middling in present ability but contains a world of unrealized potential. These signings are not due merely to my fetish for youth, though that's certainly a part of it. But an equally large part can be attributed to the fact that we simply cannot afford players who are older and more developed. Matko comes in for £10,500 a week and could grow to be an excellent player for us. To sign a comparable player at the same position who was a decade older would cost twice as much per week. It makes the choice to go with youth very easy, especially since those players that we outgrow will still fetch handsome transfer fees since they're still young.

Now that the team is assembled, I go through and modify everyone's squad status. We had something like a dozen “Key Players” after contract signings, which would have led to players griping about a lack of playing time. This creates a queue of griping players outside my office.

Some players respond professionally.

Some players get upset and obdurate.

And some just want to vent for a bit before accepting the change in expected playing time.

At Chester, July 26, 2019
Cross-Border Derby, Friendly

Send Chester to the Old Vaults! Rough em up good, lads!

Starting 11: Love, Youssouf, Johansen, Vaillant, Hurst, Simpson (c), Petts, Bailey, Gorman, Rouissi, Harrison.
Subs: Higgs, Durand, Mejasic, Lewis, Todd, Mair, Troelsen, Djurovic, Shirra, Mujkic, Matko, Bastable.

Kais Rouissi scores, he's so good that it's hard to believe he's still only 14 years old. Lasse Johansen also scores off of a corner, and we win handily. Even so, I'd have liked to see our chances turn into more goals. I was concerned when Wayne Hurst took a bad fall and had to be removed from the match, but the physio reported no lasting injury after the game. All in all another stomping, sure to please the Wrexham faithful.

Man of the Match: Lasse Johansen

Chester 0-3 Wrexham

England can skip half their games and still make it to the World Cup. Wales, though, is going to have to be very good to qualify from that group.

At Stuttgart, July 31, 2019
Friendly

Stuttgart are a midtable Bundesliga team, yet we're favored by the sportbooks. I'm still using this as a chance to get game time with the 5-4-1 formation, and hoping we can get a result from the second good team we play during preseason.

Starting Formation: 5-4-1 Defend
Starting 11: Higgs, Youssouf, Johansen, Todd, Lewis, Durand, Matko, Petts, Shirra, Mujkic (c), Bastable.
Subs: Love, Hurst, Mejasic, Vaillant, O'Hanlon, Mair, Simpson, Bailey, Djurovic, Rouissi, Harley, Harrison.

Youssouf gets banged up twice in first half hour, and after the second time he has to come off. Our defense was good, but allowed a late goal, while we squandered four clear cut chances. On most days this would be a win or a draw, and it's frustrating to have lost both our matches this preseason against top division teams.

Stuttgart 1-0 Wrexham

Wigan made me an offer I couldn't refuse for Gorman. I found someone to fill his role on the team for much less, and his contract was up at the end of the season.

Meet the new Gorman. He's a natural on both wings, unlike Gorman, and while he earns more in wages we pocketed £1.3m in the swap.

Lewis Thompson
Winger

Thompson isn't brilliant by any means, but he possesses the speed and technical skills to be a threat on the wing. He'll see time on both sides of the field, rotating with Matko and spelling Mujkic when needed. The rear end Man says he's slightly better than Gorman, which means that we upgraded the position.

That's not a nice thing to say about an icon of Wrexham FC. Even if it's probably true at this point.

See? Renumbering all the players worked. Everyone ran out to buy new jerseys so that they'd have one with the right number.

As I mentioned in the prior update, this season we have to register our players in order for them to be eligible for Premier League matches. The maximum is 25 players, but we are well under that amount.

In fact, we barely reach the minimum 15 needed without having to register players under-21 players. We've got 6 homegrown players, meaning that our maximum squad size for over-21 players is effectively 23 (as we would have to keep two spots open for homegrown players). This will get more complicated as we develop an increasingly international squad and our players age, but for now we've got no problem fitting under the cap.

Derby's getting relegated. Shahed Parr is one of the best young wingers in the game, on par with Mujkic. He was by far and away Derby's best player, and I don't see how Derby can replace him even with £21m in new money. I had been tracking him in the hope that one day I could afford him, but that will never happen now. Man United can afford to pay him more than we'll be able to for the next half decade.

At Castell Alun, August 5, 2019
Friendly

This was intended to be our last creampuff before the season started, but since PSV canceled it won't be. The starters today are all of those senior team members who most need match fitness, with our first game in just under two weeks we need to finish knocking the rust off.

Starting 11: Love, Youssouf, Lewis, Vaillant, Hurst, Troelsen, Simpson, Bailey, Thompson, Rouissi, Harrison (c).
Subs: Higgs, Durand, Mejasic, Johansen, Todd, Mair, Petts, Djurovic, Shirra, Matko, Mujkic, Bastable.

We concede within the first five minutes on a shock goal by Castell Alun. It's the last good news they get all day. Harrison scores four, while brand new signing Thompson adds a brace of his own. A Castell Alun own goal is the period on a game that we thoroughly controlled after an opening stumble.

Man of the Match: Billy the Kid.

Castell Alun 1-7 Wrexham

I'll admit, after the first dozen teams were drawn I started getting antsy about who we'd be matched up against. I decided to save you the suspense and myself the time a 45 frame .gif would take to create. Crawley should be an easy win, they somehow won promotion to the Championship despite being flat out awful even for a League One team.

Our balance is over a million, so it's time to implement the final board request for the summer.

Sky Shadowing is making the most of his final term by overseeing construction personally. That's the sort of dedication to the club I hope our next chairman shares.

I'm done making changes to a team that's already full of new faces. And I'm certainly not selling my best player from last year.

At Llansantffraid, August 10, 2019
Friendly

This was supposed to be PSV Eindhoven, which would have given us a decent tune-up before the start of our season. By the time they canceled the friendly, everyone was full up for the pre-season and I was stuck having us go beat on poor little Llansantffraid to keep our match fitness up.

Starting 11: Love, Hurst, Todd, Vaillant, Mejasic, Troelsen, Simpson (c), Bailey, Matko, Thompson, Bastable.
Subs: Higgs, Youssouf, Durand, Johansen, Lewis, Mair, Petts, Djurovic, Shirra, Mujkic, Argenti, Harrison.

Llansantffraid briefly drew back to only a goal down, but by halftime we were up 4-1. Bastable finally had a performance worth his quality, scoring twice and adding an assist. Our players are now fully fit, and we're ready for the season to start.

Man of the Match: Rocky Bastable

Llansantffraid 1-5 Wrexham

I wish I could follow your advice, Boulding, but we're still tactically inept.

The one thing we didn't add this season was leadership. Simpson and Harrison are still by a long ways our most inspiring voices. Rather than risk discomfiting the team on the eve of the new season, they'll stay captain and vice captain, even as they both see reduced playing time.

I wish that PSV hadn't pulled out of that friendly. It would have been a nice reality check before the start of the season. The schedule isn't too painful to start, other than our first trip to Old Trafford since my first season at Wrexham we don't have any matches where we are massive underdogs. But we've had a lot of player turnover, with fully 40% of the first team new to the club. We're shallow at winger, if Mujkic gets hurt we could be in for a world of pain as we have just two other senior team players who are well suited to playing on the wings. Still, I'm pretty happy with the team makeover. We didn't bust the budget and we brought in players who are clear upgrades over the ones they're replacing. I think we're easily the most improved of the three newly promoted clubs, and I think we're probably about the 16th or 17th best club in the league on talent alone. That should mean that we avoid relegation, and if we improve over the course of the season we'll have a shot at mid-table.

ENTRIES ARE CLOSED

quote:

Season Contest: How many assists plus goals does Meteor have this year across all competitions (Capital One Cup, FA Cup, and Premier League). Tiebreaker, how many assists does Justin Bailey have across all competitions. For reference, Mujkic had 8 goals and 11 assists in 31 games last year while Bailey had 9 assists in 30 games. Mujkic will likely be in more games this year, and Bailey fewer.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Mar 24, 2014

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

This LP is now over 200,000 words long, not counting words in the screenshots. Thanks, y'all, for reading my first novel! :words:

quote:

I'd be interested in seeing what people have to say about the merits of loaning out vs. keeping them in your youth sides.

I would too. I almost always keep them in my youth side, right up until the point where they graduate to the reserves. From there I tend to loan them out, but I'm unclear as to the best way to do that.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Mar 23, 2014

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Goals & assists for Meteor: 21

Assists for Metroid: 5

TheMcD fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Mar 23, 2014

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
10 goals, 8assists. Gonna be a bit more realistic.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

TheMcD: If you want to modify your guess feel free to do so, I realized after I posted the contest that I should probably provide at least SOME information regarding their prior stats. 49 goals+assists would be a gargantuan, Messi-esque season.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
The Meteor will have 20 assists+goals. Justin Bailey will have 6.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

habeasdorkus posted:

TheMcD: If you want to modify your guess feel free to do so, I realized after I posted the contest that I should probably provide at least SOME information regarding their prior stats. 49 goals+assists would be a gargantuan, Messi-esque season.

Cheers. I was looking back to see if we had any numbers for the last season, but couldn't find any.

Now watch as he actually does score 49 goals and assists just because I changed my guess. Seems to be something that happens to me somewhat regularly. I call it "Monty Hall Hates You".

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Meteor will get 19 goals and assists. Metroid gets 4

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
Meteor: 26
Bailey: 4

Come on you Dragons!

P.S. What was Scotlands qualifying group like? poo poo as usual I take it?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
23 goals and assists for the Magic Meteor, with 2 for Bailry

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
Meteor grabs 22 scorer points in his first Premier League season and Bailey will get a respectable 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
25 for the Meteor, just a trifecta for Metroid Prime.

Just curious, as you mentioned the 21m for a prodigy earlier, at this point is there a price you couldn't refuse for the Mujkic? I know you don't want to sell, but if the season goes pear-shaped and Mujkic plays well/makes noise about leaving, what would it take?

• Locked thread