Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
You mean the buds of flesh he put in Kakyoin and Polnareff's brain? I think it was supposed to be a vampire thing, Joseph disintegrated them with the ripple after Jotaro pulled them out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The buds are definitely supposed to be a vampire thing, those directly come from Dio's bod and are very obviously solid things (As evidenced by the ripple destroying them) while everything else Dio has that comes from his stand still fall under the "Ghostly features" idea that stands operated under at the time. Also Dio's powers were never ever meant to be "Has all of the powers." It may have at one point been to have the Joestars' powers, but it definitely changed to just contrasting Jotaro's Star Platinum and also having Hermit Purple thanks to Jonathan somewhere down the road.y

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
The voice actors of the gang doing the famous Part 3 pose :allears:

https://twitter.com/anime_jojo/status/447203414208819200

This trailer has this scene at the end (the one posted here doesn't have it) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5s18mfXduU&feature=youtu.be

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Raws for the next Jojolion are out, revealing that one guy's ridiculous looking stand.

Part VIII spoilers
http://imgur.com/Bm67pqd

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

Broseph Brostar posted:

Raws for the next Jojolion are out, revealing that one guy's ridiculous looking stand.

Part VIII spoilers

We also get the name of another stand.

WHERE'S YOUR CROWN KING NOTHING

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
We've got enough "King" Stands to attend a royal banquet.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
http://www.mangapanda.com/jojos-bizarre-adventure-part-8-jojolion/30/2

Chapter

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Wait, what?

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

It looks like Gappy has the dark will. :getin:

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012
Hey, remind me: what was Dio's plan in Part 3, anyway? was he just trying to build up his time-stop ability and freeze the world, or was he after world domination like in Part 1, or what? I realized I couldn't recall.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
He considered the Joestar family the one credible threat to his superiority and was trying to wipe them out. World domination probably would have followed.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dio actually seemed pretty content to just do gently caress all, but saw the Joestars as a threat to him doing nothing. SO ROUND UP THE GANG WE'RE KILLING A FAMILY.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

Orgia Carnaval posted:

Dio actually seemed pretty content to just do gently caress all, but saw the Joestars as a threat to him doing nothing. SO ROUND UP THE GANG WE'RE KILLING A FAMILY.

Also, the Joestars could either a) save Holly from dying a ghost-plant based death or b) let Dio live and continue to gallivant around the globe eating people. Even if Dio was doing nothing he still needed to consume people to live and the infallible Speedwagon already confirmed that he was born evil.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Mimir posted:

Hey, remind me: what was Dio's plan in Part 3, anyway? was he just trying to build up his time-stop ability and freeze the world, or was he after world domination like in Part 1, or what? I realized I couldn't recall.

Pretty much kill all the Joestars; any other plan would have to start with that anyway.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Mimir posted:

See how far he could prank Pucci with the world's most convoluted get saved quick scheme. He succeeded beyond anyone's imagining.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Man I don't know what the gently caress is happening on Jojolion and I couldn't care less, Norisuke's loving awesome :allears:

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Given the nature of both their stands and how they interact with the characters, Norisuke seems like this universe's old Joseph.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Mimir posted:

DIO seemed to just be hanging out but his malign influence was what was awakening Stands in the Joestars. This specifically started killing Jotaro's mom. I believe it is also implied that drinking Joestar blood would greatly accelerate Dio harmonizing with Jonathan's body and therefore increasing his time stop duration.

I don't think anyone questioned the morality of hunting down Dio to kill him over something he had no idea he was doing, on account of he was an evil vampire with a magic ghost power.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

Nessus posted:

DIO seemed to just be hanging out but his malign influence was what was awakening Stands in the Joestars. This specifically started killing Jotaro's mom. I believe it is also implied that drinking Joestar blood would greatly accelerate Dio harmonizing with Jonathan's body and therefore increasing his time stop duration.

I don't think anyone questioned the morality of hunting down Dio to kill him over something he had no idea he was doing, on account of he was an evil vampire with a magic ghost power.

I still love how clear Araki made it that Dio is not a tragic villain. He pre-empted people thinking that he was only selfish and cruel because he had abusive parents and grew up poor by having Speedwagon say "No dude, it doesn't matter how this guy was raised, he is evil as poo poo." :allears:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Kabanaw posted:

I still love how clear Araki made it that Dio is not a tragic villain. He pre-empted people thinking that he was only selfish and cruel because he had abusive parents and grew up poor by having Speedwagon say "No dude, it doesn't matter how this guy was raised, he is evil as poo poo." :allears:
Araki knew people would like the attractive blond killer man a little too much, perhaps :v:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dio's the most popular character in the series, so they kind of responded that way anyways.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Weird, so the guy has, independent of his Stand ability, used the walleyes to modify his constitution somehow?

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Orgia Carnaval posted:

Dio's the most popular character in the series, so they kind of responded that way anyways.

He's popular, but at least for me, it's a love to hate him kind of way. Just, wow, gently caress that guy he's the worst.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Zorak posted:

Weird, so the guy has, independent of his Stand ability, used the walleyes to modify his constitution somehow?

Isn't this the same guy who was able to pull the cellophane from his eyes before it was revealed how his stand worked? He may have found a way to give himself other abilities and maybe this extends to stand abilities as well. Similar to how Jousuke's Soft and Wet is an amalgamation of two other stands.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Everyone with King in their Stand name are part of the Higashikata family, which is a nice bit of theming Araki did. I like King Nothing's full design, it reminds me of a medieval court jester.

I wonder if the "He's made of rock" is implying that Yagiyama is/was afflicted with the disease and survived it somehow.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

Broseph Brostar posted:

Part VIII spoilers

Let me guess, 「CAN'T TOUCH THIS」?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Decided to take a break from SBR to try and read Duwang. I can't decide if I was lucky or not coming into Jojo at a time when there's alternatives to "brother don't be dong."

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I must say that King Nothing is one hella baller name for a Stand.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I like that we know that Yatsuho likes Cherry Coke. It really puts his whole character in perspective.

Vilemoon
Jan 4, 2013

Unsound Of Mind.
I was playing ASB yesterday when I noticed something that just made me burst out laughing. In the street stage from part 4, when the Pepsi sign gets hit with lightning, the text was changed to "BEPSI". Not sure why something like that made me lose it, but I cant wait for the english version and all its name changin'

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Can Of Worms posted:

Everyone with King in their Stand name are part of the Higashikata family, which is a nice bit of theming Araki did.
Does this mean we'll be seeing a new version of King Crimson sometime soon? Or maybe one melded with another stand the same way we got Soft & Wet?

Give us King Diamond (Bastard!! did) or King Missile, Araki. It will be good for the soul.

Soulcleaver fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Mar 23, 2014

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Pay tribute to your roots, Araki. Pay tribute with a King Crystal stand.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
I wonder if King Nothing only has this tracker ability or if it has some secondary ability. I mean, with it apparently having no combat strength it seems a bit on the weaker side; Highway Star could track and was pretty drat strong too.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

Zorak posted:

I wonder if King Nothing only has this tracker ability or if it has some secondary ability. I mean, with it apparently having no combat strength it seems a bit on the weaker side; Highway Star could track and was pretty drat strong too.

We saw last chapter that he can break his body up into puzzle pieces and reform it elsewhere. It's how he opened the hatch.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

In a world where one bear has a shotgun: Fuck.

Kabanaw posted:

We saw last chapter that he can break his body up into puzzle pieces and reform it elsewhere. It's how he opened the hatch.

That probably compliments the tracking power since it can break apart to follow things through abnormal areas. But the breaking up and having what looks like about Norisuke's level of strength has a lot of creative fighting potential, so the ideal JoJo zone.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Think about it. Morioh's town symbol in this universe is an M with a crown above it. Every member of the Higashikata family has a Stand with "King" in its name (Nut King Call, King Nothing, California King Bed, and Paper Moon King). Josuke Higashikata is fused with an unknown person and Kira Yoshikage, whose Stand is called Killer Queen. There's one Higashikata that hasn't been accounted for in the series, Jobin. I'm thinking Josuke is Jobin/Kira and that his Stand is a fusion of Killer Queen and the unnamed King.

e: Also, Josuke's Stand is named after a Prince song. And what is a Prince? The offspring of a King and Queen.

SunAndSpring fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Mar 24, 2014

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Brought To You By posted:

Jousuke's Soft and Wet is an amalgamation of two other stands.

I forget, how do we know this? How does "touch stuff to turn it into a bomb and also time travel" equate to "bubbles that steal 「something」" also not sure how S&W has multiple powers?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

CodfishCartographer posted:

I forget, how do we know this? How does "touch stuff to turn it into a bomb and also time travel" equate to "bubbles that steal 「something」" also not sure how S&W has multiple powers?

The bubbles themselves are from Killer Queen, this is explicitly stated in one chapter, I forget which though.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Killer Queen in this universe just(so far) had the power to project exploding bubbles.

Edit: Beaten worse then Cioccolata.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

In a world where one bear has a shotgun: Fuck.
And the JoJolion version of Killer Queen only has the adjusted power of shooting air bubbles that are bombs. Like KQ Classic with Stray Cat.

^ Yeah, that. loving timing. :argh:

• Locked thread