Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dracura
Apr 25, 2010
Out of curiosity, is there any real dollar amount value for a bottle of Ommegang Iron Throne Ale? We have a bottle chilling in the fridge since last year that I hope is still good when GoT comes back in April. I jsut wanna know if I'm drinking something valuable or just some good (hopefully still good at this point) ale?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

It was like $15-20 but very common. Drink it.

Pheel
Jul 23, 2007

nosleep posted:

From the BIF thread lots of people who sent from Chicago sent Straight Jacket and it looks like all you Chicago peeps say it's really drat good and seems to be fairly available. Anyone willing to trade some? Basically ISO: Straight Jacket FT: DC/VA/MD distribution beers. PM if ya have any interest.

I don't have PMs but I can get you a few bottles if you are still looking. Email: sa1pheel at gmail.com

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

ISO: Straight Jacket
FT: Texas distro beers. I can't do any Jester King brewery only stuff, but I have easy access to most Prairie beer including Bible Belt. We don't have Pirate Bomb yet.

e: I'll up the ante a little. Found a bottle of Viking Metal and Das Wunderkind, or I may be able to get a bottle of the newer and funkier Noble King. I have Freetail Salado Kriek available as well.

air- fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Mar 23, 2014

Sublimer
Sep 20, 2007
get yo' game up

^^^ Take care of this guy first, but after seeing the weirdo dontdrinkbeer guy put Straight Jacket at the top of his blind BA barley wine tasting, I'd also like a bottle. Whats the deal with this beer? Is it hard to find?/still available in Chicagoland?

crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

Straight Jacket is not at all hard to find. Right now, it's a shelf beer throughout Chicagoland, which is nuts. It's way too good to just sit on shelves.

If you feel like it, you can order it from West Lakeview right now for $20 a bottle (which is not far off from what most stores are charging), but if you feel like trading, I'm sure you can find someone willing to send you a bottle or two...

edit: not myself, I don't do shipping trades anymore, but it's not like you're suffering from a lack of Chicago traders in the thread...

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Yeah, after trying Straightjacket at EBF last night i'm going to throw my hat in the ring too. I can offer Russian River sours, tired hands growlers, or anything else from Pennsylvania or new Jersey

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame
Just picked up Montmorency vs Balaton, and Cerveza De Tempranillo from Jester King. I'm really just looking for delicious stuff I haven't had. I favor stouts, typically, and smoky beers. Crazy weird flavors and the like. For some specifics of things I have liked in the past, Bourbon Barrel Vanilla Dark Lord, hunahpu, Black Tuesday and variants, and Goose Island Night Stalker.

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!

Imasalmon posted:

Just picked up Montmorency vs Balaton, and Cerveza De Tempranillo from Jester King. I'm really just looking for delicious stuff I haven't had. I favor stouts, typically, and smoky beers. Crazy weird flavors and the like. For some specifics of things I have liked in the past, Bourbon Barrel Vanilla Dark Lord, hunahpu, Black Tuesday and variants, and Goose Island Night Stalker.

PM'd!

Pheel
Jul 23, 2007
Hatful, air, Sublimer: Depending on how many bottles you are looking for, I should be able to hook you up. Send me and email at: sa1pheel at gmail.com

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

ISO Jester King small batch beers. Besides Atrial.

Omni, Nocturn, Montmorency, Tempranillo, La Vie en Rose...

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
If people are still ISO Revolution Straight Jacket (bourbon barrel aged barleywine) I picked up an extra bottle today. I'm just looking for cool beer I can't get in Chicago. I can probably go buy another bottle if you want two instead of just one. Post here or PM me if you're interested, and we can work on what specific beers to trade.

Jerome Louis
Nov 5, 2002
p
College Slice

americanzero4128 posted:

If people are still ISO Revolution Straight Jacket (bourbon barrel aged barleywine) I picked up an extra bottle today. I'm just looking for cool beer I can't get in Chicago. I can probably go buy another bottle if you want two instead of just one. Post here or PM me if you're interested, and we can work on what specific beers to trade.

Sent you a PM

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I'm pretty sure we have some Asheville goons - is anybody who lives near Wicked Weed interested in trading for some Michigan/Great Lakes area beer? I'm really interested in getting a couple bottles of Wicked Weed's Cherry Sour, along with their upcoming releases.

confonnit
Sep 28, 2001

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

I'm pretty sure we have some Asheville goons - is anybody who lives near Wicked Weed interested in trading for some Michigan/Great Lakes area beer? I'm really interested in getting a couple bottles of Wicked Weed's Cherry Sour, along with their upcoming releases.

I'm going there this weekend, if any Black Angel is left I'll pick up an extra bottle along with the new one.

confonnit
Sep 28, 2001

No go on the Wicked Weed bottles. The weather was lovely yesterday and I got outvoted on what to do today. Sorry dude.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

ISO Veritas013.

http://lostabbey.com/veritas-013-on-sale/

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

Yeah just saw this one. I would also be interested in one of these babies.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Or if anyone in the area just wants to let me buy 4 under their name, we can work something out :)

ExtremistCow
Oct 15, 2005

LeafHouse posted:

Yeah just saw this one. I would also be interested in one of these babies.

$40/bottle is kind of crazy, but I'd be interested as well. I really like those Lost Abbey sours.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

ExtremistCow posted:

$40/bottle is kind of crazy, but I'd be interested as well. I really like those Lost Abbey sours.

it's good, definitely worth trying at the price.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I wonder how it compares to the whale that is "Yellow Bus".

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Thanks to pheel and americanzero4128 for taking care of me on the Straight Jacket! I normally have a regular trading partner from Chicago, but he hasn't traveled to me lately and I'l likely be on the lookout for it again in future releases.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

air- posted:

Thanks to pheel and americanzero4128 for taking care of me on the Straight Jacket! I normally have a regular trading partner from Chicago, but he hasn't traveled to me lately and I'l likely be on the lookout for it again in future releases.

It's kind of annual. In 2012, it came out in December. Then February of this year.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

ISO A few bottles of Sanctification. Also Beat & FFAC.

lament.cfg fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Apr 5, 2014

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???
DB Huna for Veritas 013, is one party being screwed there or is that a relatively fair trade? All the chatter of people rolling out of CCB with cases of DBH is throwing my perception off a bit.

I guess this is also my way of saying I'll have 4 bottles of V013 for trade...

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

DBH is trading SUPER high right now. In reality that's a pretty fair trade, though.

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!

wattershed posted:

DB Huna for Veritas 013, is one party being screwed there or is that a relatively fair trade? All the chatter of people rolling out of CCB with cases of DBH is throwing my perception off a bit.

I guess this is also my way of saying I'll have 4 bottles of V013 for trade...

Not sure if I have the ammo, but I'm sending you a PM.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!

wattershed posted:

My understanding is that they still made a very small amount of DBH, and people were just irritated that they let the leftovers go in cases instead of single bottles, which meant that the majority of it went to only a few people. Not that there was secretly a huge amount of it.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I just traded a DBH for 50N and Fou, so getting one for V013 is probably a steal.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

Me in Reverse posted:

I just traded a DBH for 50N and Fou, so getting one for V013 is probably a steal.

That seems a little high considering I got a DBH for a Pappy Remy 1:1.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Me in Reverse posted:

Holy poo poo. Yeah, that seems like you got a deal there...

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Furious Lobster posted:

That seems a little high considering I got a DBH for a Pappy Remy 1:1.

Yeah, definitely. But it's also gone for Rare 1:1, so the market is kinda wild.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Me in Reverse posted:

Yeah, definitely. But it's also gone for Rare 1:1, so the market is kinda wild.

i've seen crazier trades than that for DBH

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

funkybottoms posted:

i've seen crazier trades than that for DBH

Actually specifically referencing V013 I saw V013+Great+Fyodor+Mikhail on Reddit

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

Me in Reverse posted:

Actually specifically referencing V013 I saw V013+Great+Fyodor+Mikhail on Reddit

For one DBH? :psyduck:

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Yep.

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

drat that's crazy. I had one set up with a guy for V13 and a pair of the stone BA stouts but a Great too? 50n and Fou for one is pretty wild too.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Me in Reverse posted:

I need to trade with this person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

ISO CCB Humidor American Sour
FT Russian River sours, Tired Hands growlers, lots of other stuff

Looking for two bottles. Surely someone can help me out.

• Locked thread