Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

A poor picture of my entire fleet, in the middle of moving some stuff around for the upcoming week.

(06 DRZ400SM, 08 M3, 13 Civic Si, 07 Explorer)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

drat, first BRZ I've liked so far. Well done.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

It's home:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
It's already found its natural habitat, a lawn near some trailers.

If you start wearing a wifebeater and urinating in public I bet it'll gain 20 horsepower.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Seat Safety Switch posted:

It's already found its natural habitat, a lawn near some trailers.

If you start wearing a wifebeater and urinating in public I bet it'll gain 20 horsepower.

So says the guy with the humping Subarus as his avatar.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Its simulating the knocks, gently caress off. :v:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

MikeyTsi posted:

So says the guy with the humping Subarus as his avatar.

The bottom isn't running. Where did you think all the blown head gaskets come from?

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!

afen posted:

Went on a frozen lake yesterday:

Ok, please, please make a thread about owning an RS2?

DoLittle
Jul 26, 2006
Drove the GTV from winter storage to our new house. Next up is the maintenance which was neglected during the winter in a garage which came with the house. :)

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

I moved my truck back home for the first time in a couple of years last weekend and now I laugh every time I see past both my silver cars parked next to each other!

Height and width wise the Aygo would fit in the back of the landrover...

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

DoLittle posted:

Drove the GTV from winter storage to our new house. Next up is the maintenance which was neglected during the winter in a garage which came with the house. :)

~swoon~

Trans Ferdinand
Oct 24, 2005
Take Me Out Of Gear

PCOS Bill posted:

I get a sneaky suspicion that that spoiler is entirely functional and hating it means you don't quite understand it.

It's a "sneaking suspicion". As in, "I have the sneaking suspicion that you're retarded."

And I don't hate it, I think it looks silly.

Trans Ferdinand fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Mar 23, 2014

got off on a technicality
Feb 7, 2007

oh dear
Took it for a drive around the bay. It's so nice to have a convertible again, especially one that lets me put the top down at 25mph in traffic :)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Seat Safety Switch posted:

The bottom isn't running. Where did you think all the blown head gaskets come from?

Your MOM? :v:

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

Toucan Sam posted:

Put my summer wheels and tires on.

Yes they are ridiculous but you see a Soul every two blocks here so the goal to be different was achieved. I went from all green to green and pink, people love them it makes my car standout so i'm cool with it.

Despite being cool with it, it looks horrendous -- and that's the way you're car will be remembered. "That piece of poo poo ride with the horrible wheels."

Good legacy.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Think of it like people that dye their hair green and pink... do people immediately think that's horrible and ugly? Some do, because it detracts from the conservative image they prefer, but others either don't care or they actually like it.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

The worst part is the bug deflector. God those things are awful on anything.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

hunter x az posted:

Despite being cool with it, it looks horrendous -- and that's the way you're car will be remembered. "That piece of poo poo ride with the horrible wheels."

Good legacy.

Homeboy invented Froot Loops; wheels are appropriate and he should get a pass.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

fingerling posted:

Decided to get rid of my Chaser (haven't managed it yet), so I picked up a 'new' car for the interim until I can get something I really want. For the life of me, I can't tell why you Americans really want Skylines..

This is an '88 R31 Skyline Ti (that means it's a 'luxury model'). Complete with power windows, poo poo-brown interior and sporadically working instrument cluster! Any given time I drive it I can watch the volts fly up, then crash, go from having zero fuel to half a tank or running on a cold engine. At least the oil pressure gauge works. :sigh:

Basically, it's a heavy, slow, uncomfortable, police magnet cheap car for me. Fun to drive though, and I haven't really got any plans for it - hopefully ever.

Eh, we don't really want Skylines, we want GT-Rs, and possibly GT-Ss. And R32 or later, please. Possibly the '70s ones. The Hakosuka in particular looks like a mini-musclecar when outfitted with some nice, wide Watanabes.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Frankenbike and shitpile

One is reliable, the other isnt.

the bike isnt reliable

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.
It was nice on Saturday, so I took the crackerjack box out to play, its like a little puppy, all excited and filled with joy.

It makes everyone I know really mad that I have this, and it's nice and rust free. It stays nice because most of the time it is parked in the driveway under a car cover.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Guess who escaped from the garage today.

She even made a little friend but the dealer wanted 30k for an automatic scion so it couldn't come and play.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Powershift posted:

Guess who escaped from the garage today.

That's just fuckin' classy.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I'd love to drive across America in one of those big coupes

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

I got black flagged because my friend was filming with his phone in the first one :newlol:
Also pictured my 60 quid (trust pex) exhaust, which according to one of the instructors was spitting gobs of flame out. Unfortunately not captured on camera.

Also the car is filthy because I went off on the fastest corner, knocked the exhaust into the tow eye, damaged bits of undertray, put a dent in the sump and somehow knocked loose my oil pressure sensor which then started leaking. So I had to spend about an hour franticly fixing everything so I could get back on track.

track day bro! fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Mar 24, 2014

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
one of us, one of us.

MAP sensor failed/something along those lines in the new ECU, being warrantied out. Runs for the first time in years, few minor mechanical bits to do then off for a repaint as it pretty horrible up close.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

SquirrelGrip posted:

one of us, one of us.

MAP sensor failed/something along those lines in the new ECU, being warrantied out. Runs for the first time in years, few minor mechanical bits to do then off for a repaint as it pretty horrible up close.

Nice, I do like the spoilerless look especialy with the aftermarket rear spats. Mine is due for full claybar, machine polish etc at some point but hosed if i'm gonna do it. I'm just going to pay someone else because I hate doing that stuff.

Also I replaced the amber sidelights with some 1996 onwards clear ones, which dont bloody fit as they should so i'll have to buy some new ones from toyota. Also i'm on the lookout for a rev5 rear wing. Doesnt help I just found out someone I used to work with is selling a set of TE37s from his old car, i'm tempted but i'd have to get shot of the rays ms01-lms i've had sitting in the shed for months.

Chriskory
Aug 18, 2004

Back when I was actively driving I drove Akina even in my dreams

Ouhei posted:

The BRZ is finally picture worthy:

03/22 BRZ Finished (Front Quarter) by PictoriousPhoto, on Flickr

What offset do the wheels have? They look great but seem right on the border of rubbing/aggressive.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Chriskory posted:

What offset do the wheels have? They look great but seem right on the border of rubbing/aggressive.

I would guess that the fenders are rolled.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
Yeah it was spolierless when i bought it - all i had done was the holes welded in the qtr panels and boot.

Have to pickup a new bootlid as someone mangled the engine lid+bootlid when it got broken into. Am paying for all work to be done as well - i have neither the time nor room to do it myself.

If i could pickup some TE37's i would - probably settle for something cheaper as the current rims are orrible

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010
I'm a massive Toyota fan, and have always loved MR2s. Specifically the AW11s, but the maintenance on a tiny rear engined car gives me a headache just thinking about it. That, and like all cool cars in Aus.. they're mostly expensive as gently caress. :saddowns:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

SquirrelGrip posted:

Yeah it was spolierless when i bought it - all i had done was the holes welded in the qtr panels and boot.

Have to pickup a new bootlid as someone mangled the engine lid+bootlid when it got broken into. Am paying for all work to be done as well - i have neither the time nor room to do it myself.

If i could pickup some TE37's i would - probably settle for something cheaper as the current rims are orrible

My old car was spoilerless for a while, mainly because a friend crashed into it and I ended up buying a base model boot with no spoiler. Although no welding required as it was a rev3 car with a one piece spoiler. Although it didnt look that great, you can pull off the spoilerless look better with the bodykit.

I dont think your wheels are too bad, i'm just reconsidering having 17's as a second set. The main advantage is tyre choice, as its hard enough finding decent staggered rubber in smaller sizes over here. At the moment i'm running a 235/50/16 rear, which is apparently some oddball size used by tvrs. Although now its not so bad as I can get AD08R and R1Rs in the right size for 16s.

fingerling posted:

I'm a massive Toyota fan, and have always loved MR2s. Specifically the AW11s, but the maintenance on a tiny rear engined car gives me a headache just thinking about it. That, and like all cool cars in Aus.. they're mostly expensive as gently caress. :saddowns:

aw11s are mostly easy as piss to work on, apart from the wanting to become one with the planet again. Although that shouldnt be a problem in australia!

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000

hunter x az posted:

Good legacy.

They've grown on me, people compliment them all the time and kids love them. I ordered a purple set to go with my extra green ones so i can mount my snow tires on them. My girls argue about riding in the Odyssey for school because they want to ride in dads car and that's cool enough for me.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Gah, I want an MR2.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Doing what I Built it for.

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010
And how was the weather this weekend? Hahaha...

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Thats from the long weekend- we didnt get a drop then!

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.

smelly cabin filter posted:

Nice, I do like the spoilerless look especialy with the aftermarket rear spats. Mine is due for full claybar, machine polish etc at some point but hosed if i'm gonna do it. I'm just going to pay someone else because I hate doing that stuff.

Also I replaced the amber sidelights with some 1996 onwards clear ones, which dont bloody fit as they should so i'll have to buy some new ones from toyota. Also i'm on the lookout for a rev5 rear wing. Doesnt help I just found out someone I used to work with is selling a set of TE37s from his old car, i'm tempted but i'd have to get shot of the rays ms01-lms i've had sitting in the shed for months.

I actually still have the Toms replica upper wing from when I had my MK2. It has never been installed on a car.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Chriskory posted:

18x9.5 +38 with 265/35's all around. I haven't had my fenders rolled yet but I only lightly rub on big dips, I need to adjust the passenger side rear to be a little higher which should eliminate about 60% of the rubbing I'm getting, I'll have the fenders rolled when I find some time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I so rarely take pictures of my car, but I did earlier today so I figure I would whore it out here too.