Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

Generic American posted:

GUYS DON'T EAT THE FOOD, IT'S BETH. :gonk:

*Clementine will remember this*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008
The more I think about it the more cannibalism feels like a huge cop-out

Maybe it's just like totalitarian sex slavery or something, like Beth is the newest Sister Wife

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
So...are they seriously just playing it straight with the fact that Dr Mullet claims to know the cause of the outbreak? And won't tell anyone because *classified*? And this is a thing that people both acknowledge and are ok with? Really? Really?

I was kind of ok with it when the explanation was that Glenn just doesn't give a gently caress about this weirdo and is focused solely on finding Maggie, but that campfire scene sure as hell made it seem like everyone is buying his ludicrously obvious bullshit about knowing the cause or being a scientist. Is the show seriously expecting us to just accept the fact that all of these people are ok with the situation and are talking about how they're going to help this dude out despite the fact that he won't tell them what he allegedly knows? What am I missing here?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I'm waiting for, after everyone's reunited, Rick to pressure him to finally reveal something, and it completely contradicts something they learned from the scientist at the CDC.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Mullet seems pretty happy to stay with people and "check out" Terminus. How is Srgt. Handlebar falling for this poo poo?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

rawdog pozfail posted:

Finding out beth's dinner would be the most cliche thing but they might actually do it.

Why not? I mean trying to sneak past those zombies in the tunnel, I knew one of them was gonna get stuck. It was cliche and predictable, the show is not above such lame things

jm20 posted:

Also was it ever made clear if he died or was he just choked out, in reference to the character Rick didn't kill.

But who let the zombies into the prison and turned on the alarms?

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons
We haven't had a black person die in quite a while, so my money's on Tyreese. :downs:

Seriously though, he's gotten quite a bit of screen time this season, and they've developed him into a likable enough character for people give a drat about, but not riot over (I think the show is stuck with Daryl forever due the fanbase being too crazy about him to risk pissing them off). It would be kind of weird to kill off another young white blonde with Beth, and I feel like they wouldn't have set up the whole kidnapping thing just to knock her off in the last episode.

On the other hand, as others have pointed out, the show can be incredibly cliche and lame at times, so I guess it'll be a surprise.

prezbuluskey
Jul 23, 2007
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Cliche isn't always a bad thing, look at True Detective, the entire plot and resolution was cliche but the level of writing and acting made it amazing.

And no TWD is nowhere near TDs quality.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Austrian mook posted:

Mullet seems pretty happy to stay with people and "check out" Terminus. How is Srgt. Handlebar falling for this poo poo?

Sgt Handlebar sees himself as an honorable soldier with a mission. Heknows Dr Mullet is full of poo poo but chooses to believe him because it gives him a mission, a purpose to go on living and be a good person (see: giving Glenn and Tara two cans of food and a kick rear end flashlight. Dr Mullet knows that he's full of shut, hence his insistence on navigating them back to the exit of the tunnel.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Dr. Gune will be the only one to notice the cannibal vibe due to video games, but will be okay with it because he likes to eat.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
"that there's a video game worth a pre-order"

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

VDay posted:

So...are they seriously just playing it straight with the fact that Dr Mullet claims to know the cause of the outbreak? And won't tell anyone because *classified*? And this is a thing that people both acknowledge and are ok with? Really? Really?

I was kind of ok with it when the explanation was that Glenn just doesn't give a gently caress about this weirdo and is focused solely on finding Maggie, but that campfire scene sure as hell made it seem like everyone is buying his ludicrously obvious bullshit about knowing the cause or being a scientist. Is the show seriously expecting us to just accept the fact that all of these people are ok with the situation and are talking about how they're going to help this dude out despite the fact that he won't tell them what he allegedly knows? What am I missing here?

The episodes have definitely gotten better as the second half of the season has gone on, but I also do not understand this at all. The guy seems so obviously full of poo poo...

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

OctoberBlues posted:

The episodes have definitely gotten better as the second half of the season has gone on, but I also do not understand this at all. The guy seems so obviously full of poo poo...

Doesn't everyone?

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!
Speculation about Terminus from the preview clip:

If they aren't a cannibal group (hell, even if they are), the group might be a very regimented society where every aspect of your life is controlled. I get this impression from what sounded like a loudspeaker emitting what sounded like propaganda in the preview. A work camp, maybe?

Probably too much speculation about a trailer.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

So did anybody claim that dudes compound bow after they gang beat him to death?

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I actually kind of like the whole "claim" system, it's weird, but it works. Getting to see different group dynamics is one of my favorite parts of this show, which is why I'm excited to see Terminus.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Austrian mook posted:

I actually kind of like the whole "claim" system, it's weird, but it works. Getting to see different group dynamics is one of my favorite parts of this show, which is why I'm excited to see Terminus.

Might as well go watch a game of full contact UNO for that.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Austrian mook posted:

It works for a group of greedy low life dicks but has absolutely no way of allowing them to integrate with any other group. Unless they are also greedy low life dicks.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

AndyElusive posted:

It works for a group of greedy low life dicks but has absolutely no way of allowing them to integrate with any other group. Unless they are also greedy low life dicks.

That's sort of the point, it's not pretty, but for the group they have, it's keeping them all alive, and in this world, that's enough.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
Going back to the episode where Rick was hiding under the bed while that group was in the house, did we hear the guy who slept on the bed "claim" it?

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

lifts cats over head posted:

Going back to the episode where Rick was hiding under the bed while that group was in the house, did we hear the guy who slept on the bed "claim" it?

I think so. The dispute was definitely over sleeping in the bed so I wouldn't doubt it.

Mexcillent
Dec 6, 2008
You know, though. Lizzie and her sister died after being built up loosely as characters all season. Maybe the finale will get away with no one dying.

Who knows, maybe Beth will only be Terribly Maimed.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I don't have time to read through this thread so it was probably brought up already, but I find it pretty funny that the Navigator character who is obsessed with video games and RPGs got an armor upgrade this episode.

Calico Noose
Jun 26, 2010

Austrian mook posted:

I actually kind of like the whole "claim" system, it's weird, but it works.

Two people say claimed at the same time, your entire system crumbles.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Calico Noose posted:

Nope we got cool grey-haired-pro-cat-biker to settle disputes and also fighting people like a total man solves disputes havent you been paying attention?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

This thread made me want to look up a clip from Season 2. I think it was just called 'Shane Dale stare-down' (but my searching turned up nothing). It was just Shane bobbing his head menacingly, Dale looking horrified and like he's about to cry, and the Curb Your Enthusiasm music playing over it.

Anybody know what I'm talking about? I laugh at it every goddamn time.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Cannibalism is a wild scheme for a group that apparently has plenty of resources, including a garden, a secure shelter, and enough people/power to leave signs up all over the surrounding area. A people farm seems totally inefficient and unreliable.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Naet posted:

Cannibalism is a wild scheme for a group that apparently has plenty of resources, including a garden, a secure shelter, and enough people/power to leave signs up all over the surrounding area. A people farm seems totally inefficient and unreliable.

Going back to Siroc's spoiler bit, maybe it's 'assimilate or become Spaghetti Sunday'? Sorry, much like this show, I'm grasping at straws.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Its also kind of weird to use a house full of food as a trap to catch people to eat, when you could just eat that food in the first place.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That food was just for the side salads. All protein/fat diets arent very healthful.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Mantis42 posted:

Its also kind of weird to use a house full of food as a trap to catch people to eat, when you could just eat that food in the first place.

Eat all that junk food and you will eat for a day. Use that junk food to lure humans and you will eat for a lifetime.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
My money's on Crazy But Harmless Hippies. Next week the creepy lady is gonna show them the biggest growing operation in the world, the weirdness of the preview is just due to being from the viewpoint of Dr. Goon, who gets way too high.

Beth is just hanging out there and the season ends with a sweet jam session.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I don't think cannibalism would fly, even though it did in the comics, because generally someone has to be dead and cooked for you to eat them, and since everyone knows that people turn when they die, there's no way they'd know if eating the flesh passed on the 'disease' or not unless someone decided to take one for the team.

I think they got around that in the comic by removing limbs from people while they were still alive.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Just salt or smoke large quantities of meat and make Beth Jerky

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Calico Noose posted:

But that can be solved with the standard 'Jinx system'.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I enjoy some of the cliches

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
It's a zombie show

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

LadyPictureShow posted:

This thread made me want to look up a clip from Season 2. I think it was just called 'Shane Dale stare-down' (but my searching turned up nothing). It was just Shane bobbing his head menacingly, Dale looking horrified and like he's about to cry, and the Curb Your Enthusiasm music playing over it.

Anybody know what I'm talking about? I laugh at it every goddamn time.

Hell yeah, that video owned.

Unfortunately all links I could find ended up linking back to the original youtube video, which got taken down for "copyright infringement".

(loving bullshit. zombies arent poo poo to worry about with real world corporate vampires bleeding legit fair-use content everyday)

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

I still don't know why Glenn hasn't just gone 'oh yeah, the virus that everyone has which reanimates people, I found that out from the guy at the CDC' every time "We know the secret cause of the zombies and we have a mission" comes up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Are people trying to rationalize why people being cannibals makes no sense? Uh, if they're cannibals they probably aren't very rational and really like eating people.

• Locked thread