Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

bobkatt013 posted:

No it is not. In the comics he had it ripped out of his body, and he did not regain it until it was given back to him in an awful storyline. He also lost his nose at this point.
The Twelve, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

redbackground posted:

The Twelve, right?

Yep when he was turned into Death.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

bobkatt013 posted:

Yep when he was turned into Death.

It was War. Gambit was Death once. That was also terrible.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Colossus shouldn't even be chrome in the movie anyway. In the comics I imagine the main reason he looks chrome is because early on a sheen was the easiest and best way to denote metal. Otherwise any metal that isn't polished can be indistinguishable from other materials like fabric unless there are contextual cues like shape and rivets. In live action though he's always going to look like T-1000 or some kind of Mirror Man, which is not the right look at all for someone who is based on a massive statue and is supposed to exude strength and resilience. And because of the inherent problems it brings like the reflections clashing with any of the detail on his face or body. He should be more like a lighter shade of gun metal.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The mid 90s were really bad for Marvel.

The trailer looks okay, its miles behind TWS or GoG though. At least it shows some action involving Bishop.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

I presume this is going to force Marvel to post some legit images of Ultron/Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch.

source

Also from the set pics it looks as if it's going to be another case of cgi in an army for Avengers dudes to fight.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
The thing I took from that trailer is we are finally getting sentinels and I am happy about that.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ultron's rocking an awesome winter coat!

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
I know it isn't, but I want this to be exactly how ultron appears in the film, with no changes whatsoever. Just a robot face and shoulders on some guy in a coat.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

theflyingorc posted:

I know it isn't, but I want this to be exactly how ultron appears in the film, with no changes whatsoever. Just a robot face and shoulders on some guy in a coat.

Yes. Just James Spader in half a costume all the way.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

theflyingorc posted:

If Bryan Singer were directing it you'd get your wish.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They're probably gonna fight an army of Ultrons.

It's hilarious how much better Marvel's Quicksilver looks too.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Codependent Poster posted:

They're probably gonna fight an army of Ultrons.

It's hilarious how much better Marvel's Quicksilver looks too.

I mean, he look's better than DoFP Quicksilver but that's not saying much. I don't think he looks particularly good in those photos.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
The top he's wearing has a much nicer color scheme than the concept art showed, I'm not sure about those pants but I like the way they made him look. I didn't know filming was going to start already, so this will be awesome.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I'm sure both Wanda and Pietro will have real costumes for the final battle, so I'm cool with how they look here.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The set pics don't really say "superhero". The vibe I get is that they're wearing their regular clothes and get caught up in some action or recruited into the Avengers as-is.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Quicksilver looks like some douchey parkour guy, so that's basically perfect.

Edit: I forget, which studio has the right to use their superhero names?

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Hakkesshu posted:

Quicksilver looks like some douchey parkour guy, so that's basically perfect.

Edit: I forget, which studio has the right to use their superhero names?

Both. Which is going to be just fun.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Opopanax posted:

Yes. Just James Spader in half a costume all the way.

Only if he teams up with Paul Giamatti in his ore CGI rhino rig.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Waterhaul posted:

Both. Which is going to be just fun.

Has there been any info on whether or not they'll have them as magneto's kids in DoFP?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Waterhaul posted:

I presume this is going to force Marvel to post some legit images of Ultron/Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch.

source

Also from the set pics it looks as if it's going to be another case of cgi in an army for Avengers dudes to fight.

Based on the civilians in one image, I would assume this is probably taking place in eastern Europe, so its probably the part were the Avengers meet the twins for the first time. Though the only Avenger there seems to be Hawkeye.

I just noticed that the QS lightning bolt is worked into the design of his under armor shirt.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Scarlet Witch kinda reminds me of her X-Men Evolution look.

Kingtheninja posted:

Has there been any info on whether or not they'll have them as magneto's kids in DoFP?

Possible Spoilers

Quicksilver is supposed to only be in for one scene where he helps with a breakout/in of some kind. I don't think they're going into his history with Magneto much because originally the scene included young Juggernaut instead and they likely did a quick rewrite when the character's inclusion in Avengers 2 was announced. I read some rumor that the extent of it is Magneto saying "you look familiar" but who knows how accurate that is this far in advance.

Dacap fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Mar 24, 2014

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Waterhaul posted:

I think both Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch look pretty good. Not too outlandish looking, but relatively distinct. Although, I gotta say, in some odd way I really like Fox's stupid anime Quicksilver and 10-year-old pink princess Scarlet Witch too.

When the comics have to redesign them to look like "the movie," what are they going to go with?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Wanda sees an old picture of Storm during her punk phase and decides to try it out.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

catlord posted:

When the comics have to redesign them to look like "the movie," what are they going to go with?

Probably Avengers as that is closer to Marvel than Fox's X-Men. I would laugh so hard if there is some in-house comic off-hand joke about there being 2 different versions of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Character with Witch in the name is wearing wardrobe hollywood associates with goth nerds, Wicca, and social outcasts? Why I never.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

SirDan3k posted:

Character with Witch in the name is wearing wardrobe hollywood associates with goth nerds, Wicca, and social outcasts? Why I never.

Now I really want Nico Minoru as a supporting character in a Dr Strange movie.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

twistedmentat posted:

Now I really want Nico Minoru as a supporting character in a Dr Strange movie.

That's actually a really good idea for an audience stand in to get info dumped at.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It's hard to tell how good the costumes will look like in the actual movie after they go through post-production.

A couple of people in CineD said that DoFP's Quicksilver look like he's making Smash Mouth eat eggs at a cyberpunk convention. I'm pretty okay with that as well.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The MSJ posted:

It's hard to tell how good the costumes will look like in the actual movie after they go through post-production.

Yeah, the original Thor production shots looked like loving poo poo, a bunch of people wearing gaudy, ill-fitting, obviously plastic costumes, walking around comically cheesy sets... it looked super cheap and terrible. The final movie looked fucktons better, despite some scenes still looking kinda cheap. In this day and age of computer whizzbangery, there's not much point in looking at production stills.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I get a good laugh at the shots where Olsen is clearly casting a spell, but there's no effects so she looks like she's about to pass our or something.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I love when first set pics come out, because usually the studio immediately puts out press shots to make sure the public doesn't judge the movie negatively on something half-finished. Then the other studios with competing movies in production tend to put out something to try and steal the thunder.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

I get a good laugh at the shots where Olsen is clearly casting a spell, but there's no effects so she looks like she's about to pass our or something.

This one?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The MSJ posted:

This one?

She looks like a backup dancer for a Lady Gaga video in that one, I meant this one

http://i.imgur.com/3vesW8w.png

She looks like she's about to pass out from spinning around.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Here's the new Iron Man armor, looks like the bleeding edge suit with less lights.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That just looks like the Iron Man 3 set.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Looks like he's going to Walmart.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

twistedmentat posted:

She looks like a backup dancer for a Lady Gaga video in that one, I meant this one

http://i.imgur.com/3vesW8w.png

She looks like she's about to pass out from spinning around.

I got Michael Jackson Thriller vibes from the pic.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Dacap posted:

Here's the new Iron Man armor, looks like the bleeding edge suit with less lights.

And still has some of the look of the Mk42 suit.

This is a really dumb thing, but I was really hoping that Wanda would have a Star of David pendant on. I know Jewish isn't a minority when people talk about needing more minority women in movies, but it would be something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

And still has some of the look of the Mk42 suit.

This is a really dumb thing, but I was really hoping that Wanda would have a Star of David pendant on. I know Jewish isn't a minority when people talk about needing more minority women in movies, but it would be something.

I always thought she was Romani, not Jewish? Though I admit I have no idea how that works WRT lineage.

• Locked thread