Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
That video is great.

Also it seems like I need to post some content so people stop posting weird donut pictures.

Here are my stats after exactly one year. Thanks challenges, bonus exp, and all that stuff that saves me from grinding! I'm going to have to post another one for one year in clan soon.

I was going to check for the supposed bank chest at the Armadyl war area when-

Ahhhhhh another Kingly holy poo poo holy shitttt

Yes the you can't reach that was when I was spam clicking while it was stuck between the unusable chest and armour.

Good profit from the hat, would sell again.

Alas, garden pies stopped selling at 5k each at some point and I had to sell the rest at 2.5k. Still not a bad profit, thanks to Hinze and Sigma for this one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
That picture is my surviving memory of Augster, please don't defile his memory.

RIP

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
Hey guys, starting now, World 117 will be our new homeworld! To ease the migration from 60, it'll be our secondary homeworld. It provides benefits such as having a low population (less pubbies), low lag (makes doing everything easier), and it's a Dungeoneering world!

World 117 guys! It's better than 60.

NamePolice
Feb 26, 2011

Themata posted:

Hey guys, starting now, World 117 will be our new homeworld! To ease the migration from 60, it'll be our secondary homeworld. It provides benefits such as having a low population (less pubbies), low lag (makes doing everything easier), and it's a Dungeoneering world!

World 117 guys! It's better than 60.

Sorry for the misinformation guys, but the new and improved goon homeworld will actually be World 42. It's not an easy decision to choose a world any better than 60, but the roleplaying seemed right in place with the clan's long-standing roleplaying tradition of pretending that any of us actually enjoy playing this game. It provides benefits such as Agoat stalking, bear impersonations, and comes with a free fedora to tip for m'lady.

World 42! It's definitely better than World 117.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

e: ^^^ Goddamn now that's an endorsement. ^^^

I'll agree that world 60 is a disgusting cesspool of pubs and shame, at least moreso than usual, but i'll have to wait and see how the other server is first.

Purple Rain Man
Aug 17, 2010
Could we have a vote at all?

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

Purple Rain Man posted:

Could we have a vote at all?

No.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
I'm pretty sure you should maybe ask the clan owner before we make a server shift. I've said it multiple times in-game, but if people can agree on a good secondary world beyond 60, I've always been willing to have said secondary world eventually be our primary world. Let's hear some general feedback first - what worlds are good?

Kari will be demoted for a week for making a fake authoritative announcement and for RP-related crimes.

99 CENTS AMIGO fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Mar 22, 2014

allta
Mar 28, 2011

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

Kari will be demoted for a week for making a fake authoritative announcement and for RP-related crimes.

But her pizza restaurant flex! How will I order my pizza? she cant even open it without her key!

I guess it's back to gnome food for a whole week, which is really just baked goods and heavy booze. It's going to be a rough week.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

Vari Kool. :coal:

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

I'm pretty sure you should maybe ask the clan owner before we make a server shift. I've said it multiple times in-game, but if people can agree on a good secondary world beyond 60, I've always been willing to have said secondary world eventually be our primary world. Let's hear some general feedback first - what worlds are good?

All worlds are retarded and filled with pubbies, pick a german or french one so we can't understand their words. :hitler: :france:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

:toot:

allta
Mar 28, 2011

Did you keep it or cash it out?

I would have cashed it out personally.

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013
I haven't played this dumb game since the first grand quest or whatever was introduced and free trade was re-enabled. Can someone hold my hand for a few hours and teach me how to play this properly? I'm amazed at how much it's changed.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

allta posted:

Did you keep it or cash it out?

I would have cashed it out personally.

Already having one made the decision easier

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013
I can't seem to join the clan chat thing because I'm apparently not in the goon clan. Can some recruitment officer guy invite Hoogingetorix so I can torture myself by playing this game?

e: I'll join the mumble and figure this out later. Nobody is on the Mumble. Who can invite me? Also, can I play with goons if I'm F2P? World 60 is paid.

Noctis Horrendae fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Mar 23, 2014

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Progress so far:

Gringo Heisenberg
May 30, 2009

:dukedog:

Noctis Horrendae posted:

I can't seem to join the clan chat thing because I'm apparently not in the goon clan. Can some recruitment officer guy invite Hoogingetorix so I can torture myself by playing this game?

e: I'll join the mumble and figure this out later. Nobody is on the Mumble. Who can invite me? Also, can I play with goons if I'm F2P? World 60 is paid.

Pretty sure you have to join the clan chat as guest, or get someone to meet up and invite you. Also, hit the three bright circles icon under your inventory and set you combat setting to Revolution, makes the new combat a lot easier to get used to unless you like hotkeying like it's WoW. Also, combat level is now your highest non-def stat + def. So with 99 range, 99 def, and all 80 melee stats, your combat is 200. Combat damage/def is now more dependent on equipment than skill level.

Other than that, the skills are mostly pretty much the same, it's just combat that had a huge overhaul.

Oh, and if you're not pay to play, you can still join the clan chat and poo poo but you can't go on world 60. Aside from dungeoneering and bossing, I don't think there's much to do as a group.

e: Also I think you spelt your in game name wrong?

Gringo Heisenberg fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Mar 23, 2014

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013

Gringo Heisenberg posted:

Pretty sure you have to join the clan chat as guest, or get someone to meet up and invite you. Also, hit the three bright circles icon under your inventory and set you combat setting to Revolution, makes the new combat a lot easier to get used to unless you like hotkeying like it's WoW. Also, combat level is now your highest non-def stat + def. So with 99 range, 99 def, and all 80 melee stats, your combat is 200. Combat damage/def is now more dependent on equipment than skill level.

Other than that, the skills are mostly pretty much the same, it's just combat that had a huge overhaul.

Oh, and if you're not pay to play, you can still join the clan chat and poo poo but you can't go on world 60. Aside from dungeoneering and bossing, I don't think there's much to do as a group.

e: Also I think you spelt your in game name wrong?

I tried joining the clan chat as a guest, but it said I had to be in the clan already. v0v. I'll check on my name and edit this post.

e: Hoogingetox. Every time I try to PM someone, I'm told I need to join a friends chat channel. I try to join and then I'm told the channel doesn't exist. Also, I can't talk in clan chat despite the fact that I'm in the channel, so I guess I'm SOL until I'm invited.

Noctis Horrendae fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Mar 23, 2014

Gringo Heisenberg
May 30, 2009

:dukedog:

Noctis Horrendae posted:

I tried joining the clan chat as a guest, but it said I had to be in the clan already. v0v. I'll check on my name and edit this post.

e: Hoogingetox. Every time I try to PM someone, I'm told I need to join a friends chat channel. I try to join and then I'm told the channel doesn't exist. Also, I can't talk in clan chat despite the fact that I'm in the channel, so I guess I'm SOL until I'm invited.

Oh, hahaha. If you're in the clan chat channel but can't talk, type // before everything you wanna say. That makes it get said in the clan channel and not the public one.

allta
Mar 28, 2011
So jagex continues with their, fix 1 thing break 10 style of things.

They updated the game to include the quest and half the worlds went offline. they updated to bring the worlds back online and now no one can log back in.

My guess is that in fixing the log in issue everyone will be given max cash and that will require a 4 hour roll back to fix which will inturn bring half the worlds off line again and make a glitch where people constantly crash for weeks and jagex wont do anything about it.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
That quest was pretty rad. All 20 minutes I got to see of it.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

The login server shut down was by design. The newest quest is really "Go outside." :ssh:

allta
Mar 28, 2011
Not sure if rs caused it but attempting to log in a 3rd time seems to have corrupted my video driver and graphics so the 1/5 times my laptop actually boots up everything is in gibberish, I'll go out and get a desktop/laptop after I can get away for a few hours but for now its good old windows xp and 10 fps runescape.

edit: JAG, as useful as you are your really are annoying.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Ohhh my God why.

So I picked this up last night on some kind of horrifying tangent, and somehow I can already feel its hooks reworking back into me. It's been five years, goddamnit! And it was three or four before the last time. Ngh.

The problem is, my old starter account which had some nice stuff and more importantly a shitload of levels has gone dark. I remember one defunct password for it and that's about it. Runescape help has told me I'm hosed as it stands, they have no way to confirm the account is mine.

While I do have a new character since I'm interested in running through all the old stuff and seeing how it's changed in the near-decade since I played this game intensively, I would be a lot happier if I could get the old guy back. Anyone have any advice? I'm considering rooting through old computers to see if I have any password files on them. This is where it's come to.

Goddamnit, this game. At least it's better for my health than politics.

Amyclas
Mar 9, 2013

With all the new junk in the game, grinding levels is actually easier. Do clan citadel stuff or dungeoneering stuff, and get bonus xp to spend. Resource rates for things like mining seem to be much higher than usual. The game is practically on easy mode. Your new account will catch up to the mid-levels quickly within a couple of months of play.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Sounds good to me. I don't want to spend literal weeks in the mines again. Can I join the Goon clan as a pubbie, or do I need to shell out first?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Pubbie -> basic non goon. Generally terrible person. See: RS forums.

Dirty poor -> goon without membership. Unwashed masses.

Elite master race -> goon with membership.

You sound like a dirty poor. Its fine to do that, but you'll miss out on a lot of good stuff.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Pubbie -> basic non goon. Generally terrible person. See: RS forums.

Dirty poor -> goon without membership. Unwashed masses.

Elite master race -> goon with membership.

You sound like a dirty poor. Its fine to do that, but you'll miss out on a lot of good stuff.

Jes' asking. I don't have the cash flow to set myself up for a year, nor is it guaranteed that my interest will last that long, but I can skip going out to dinner one night and pay for a month.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

There's nothing wrong being a dirty poor.

We have dirty poors, Europeans, and all sorts of crazy crap in the goon clan.

:shobon: Just messing with everyone. You commies are all right.

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013

Redeye Flight posted:

Sounds good to me. I don't want to spend literal weeks in the mines again. Can I join the Goon clan as a pubbie, or do I need to shell out first?

I just started back playing after 6 years and some goon playermods gave me 5 million gold worth of gear and a free membership token worth 6 million. Join it. Join it now. Get free stuff.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Spoilers: New quest owwwwwwwwns.

Just be ready to fight.

If you suck at combat like me, be prepared to die a lot.

corn on the cop fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Mar 24, 2014

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running

Jagex. :allears:

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013
What the gently caress are RuneCoins? Those weren't a thing six years ago.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Noctis Horrendae posted:

What they renamed the purchasable currency for their old non-Runescape games site, and is what you use to buy things in the stupid cosmetic bullshit store.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

Noctis Horrendae posted:

Well, in the beginning they had a "loyalty shop" that gave members points every month to spend on things like weak auras and titles. They decided that wasn't a big enough incentive to buy memberships, so they added runecoins, a currency you can only buy with real money and use in the shop. I guess they decided to expand it to lovely freemium offers now, too.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Wait... Did they really add some tapjoy-esque crap? Didn't think I'd see that.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I think it's up for free accounts or something. It's never come up for me playing as a member.

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running
It's actually a thing all players can do now, it's in the Extras tab under "Earn Runecoins".

Fire up those Virtual machines and download all the Malware for $$$. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Or just do it on your spare computer if you're not a dirty poor :smuggo:

(I'm a dirty poor)

• Locked thread