Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008

Tsaedje posted:

Speaking of dogshit, here's an unnecessarily huge infographic

Why is his crotch dominant? idgi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

JunkDeluxe posted:

I have watched Yaya play and he certainly isn't beta

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Shrapnig posted:

Looked like he was pointing at the ball signaling play on to me.

Play on is two outstretched arms isn't it?
Ref done hosed up.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

JunkDeluxe posted:

Same reason his left thumb is a hero

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

DickEmery posted:

Play on is two outstretched arms isn't it?
Ref done hosed up.

yeah but so is pointing at the ball. play to t'whistle, lad.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Not as good as last week's sherwood, but oh well

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_MQpR1GfSM

someone make one for this year cheers

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

TheBigAristotle posted:

Not as good as last week's sherwood, but oh well

What do the numbers above the players correlate to?

Kaglicious
Mar 31, 2011

Ewar Woowar posted:

What do the numbers above the players correlate to?

Pretty sure it's how many times they've featured in the team of the week.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Kaglicious posted:

Pretty sure it's how many times they've featured in the team of the week.

I thought that too. Surprised Rooney would be in there more times over Suarez tbh

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

Ewar Woowar posted:

I thought that too. Surprised Rooney would be in there more times over Suarez tbh

I assume that's because he's a Brave English Lion in a WC year and the media needs English players to point to as "THE REASON WE CAN WIN IT ALL!" Next year, when Utd. are still sliding, Rooney will be forgotten when team of the week time rolls around.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

ForeverBWFC posted:

I assume that's because he's a Brave English Lion in a WC year and the media needs English players to point to as "THE REASON WE CAN WIN IT ALL!" Next year, when Utd. are still sliding, Rooney will be forgotten when team of the week time rolls around.

Or it's just because Suarez missed the first two months of the season.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

peanut- posted:

Or it's just because Suarez missed the first two months of the season.

While Rooney was having a stormer, too.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
Michael Owen lol

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Have all of those 150 games been since 1992?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

not not luvd posted:

Michael Owen lol

Cant deny it was one of the best games of football in years.

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Mickolution posted:

Have all of those 150 games been since 1992?

Only the ones they want to remember:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8HQhV3ujyg

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

serious gaylord posted:

Cant deny it was one of the best games of football in years.

It was brilliant I just find it funny that he;s up there.

I hate Michael Owen.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Disgraceful.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Does anyone actually like Michael Owen now? I remember being vaguely OK with him until the brochure debacle. Never liked him, but never hated him either. Now I don't know anyone who watches football who doesn't have a problem with him.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Making fun of Owen to his face on MOTD is the only good thing Mark Lawrenson has ever done as a pundit.

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story

Away games only, and it doesn't include the 5-3 at the bridge or the multiple wins at Anfield because Chelsea and Liverpool weren't in the top four those seasons.

Spiffeh
Dec 24, 2005

:v:
his utter shitness as a commentator has just pushed him over the edge into a hate figure I guess, he was more of a joke before though

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Chas McGill posted:

Does anyone actually like Michael Owen now? I remember being vaguely OK with him until the brochure debacle. Never liked him, but never hated him either. Now I don't know anyone who watches football who doesn't have a problem with him.

He's an absolute oval office of a man and a terrible commentator with an awful voice.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Ravel posted:

Away games only, and it doesn't include the 5-3 at the bridge or the multiple wins at Anfield because Chelsea and Liverpool weren't in the top four those seasons.

So what you're saying is Arsenal very rarely get points away from home against the top sides each season?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ravel posted:

Oh ok I didn't realize it was away only. Still amazing that they managed to lose 13/15 games and :stare: at the goals conceded

Heskie
Aug 10, 2002

Chas McGill posted:

He says things like this

He's a terrible commentator and I was actually glad when Andy Gray, a horrible person in his own right, was drafted in to co-commentate for a game instead.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I still can't believe whoever is in charge of BT Sport interviewed Owen or whatever and heard his voice and still decided he should go into a voice only role on TV

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Andy Gray is worse than Michael Owen

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

sassassin posted:

You're having a nightmare, son.

Spiffeh
Dec 24, 2005

sassassin posted:

you're either deaf or a victim of sexual abuse or something

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Some cool and funny stuff here imo http://sport.bt.com/sportfootball/football/football-funnies-chants-and-quotes-of-the-week-S11363887305864

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
No he's right Andy Gray is worse and I say this as someone who is blocked by Michael Owen for tweeting him about he builder he killed one too many times

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

chuggo is BACK posted:

No he's right Andy Gray is worse and I say this as someone who is blocked by Michael Owen for tweeting him about he builder he killed one too many times

He def killed that builder.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Erm clue us in I seem to have missed Owen killing builders my memory isn't what it used to be.

Spiffeh
Dec 24, 2005

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Erm clue us in I seem to have missed Owen killing builders my memory isn't what it used to be.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/shropshire/3700765.stm

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Builder committed suicide because Owen sued him for not doing a job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Heskie posted:

He says things like this

He's a terrible commentator and I was actually glad when Andy Gray, a horrible person in his own right, was drafted in to co-commentate for a game instead.

"shook the world in my day" holy gently caress that's one of the most asinine things i've ever read. It's like something a movie bad guy would say.

• Locked thread