Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Traditionally the author does not make their self confessed self insert into a 'piece of crap' but we may read different types of fiction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I wonder how many kids don't even know what Soundwaves minions turn into.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Sire Oblivion posted:

I wonder how many kids don't even know what Soundwaves minions turn into.
"Oh oh isn't like a paper airplane, or some kind of remote controlled kite?"

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

I dig it.

GrimGypsy fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Mar 25, 2014

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

TheDK posted:

"Oh oh isn't like a paper airplane, or some kind of remote controlled kite?"

I really do like this Soundwave design, but whenever I see him, I just think he looks like one of the Drej from Titan AE.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

SlothfulCobra posted:

I really do like this Soundwave design, but whenever I see him, I just think he looks like one of the Drej from Titan AE.

It's one of my favourite soundwave designs, and probably my favorite prime design. Helps that the toy is rad as hell too.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat
Hey, it's Devcon.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Wow, Bumblebee is *tiny* - he barely comes up to the bumper of Prowl's chest. Fits with the cartoon scale as opposed to going for an accurate sized car mode.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Lepecard posted:

Hey, it's Devcon.

He should have stayed near the pipes by the cybertron slave trails.

I wonder if 3H is going to rise from it's grave and try to sue or something.

It sucks that they release this guy as a convention exclusive and still no word on Cybertronian Senator Ratbat for Generations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Sentinel Red posted:

Wow, Bumblebee is *tiny* - he barely comes up to the bumper of Prowl's chest. Fits with the cartoon scale as opposed to going for an accurate sized car mode.

Jesus, you weren't kidding.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The_Doctor posted:

Wow he's almost the size of a normal deluxe.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Lepecard posted:

Hey, it's Devcon.

Hey, FunPub made a good looking exclusive that people actually want!

(I dread what the aftermarket prices are going to be)

The_Doctor posted:

I wonder how he scales up next to the Alternity Bumblebee. I've sort of had him on my MP shelf as a stand-in for a long time.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Mommy, why is Devcon popular?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Mommy, why is Devcon popular?
Is he? He has less real toys than ... God I was going to say Drift, but I'm not trying to rile you or something.

Also, why is the Autobrand where you can't see is while displayed, and then there isn't one on his chest? Is this for real?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
I guess I meant fan-popular. I've explored a lot of weird corners of this fandom but I've never seen Devcon outside of people's customs and fans wishing he had a toy.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Devcon isn't really all that popular. His "claim to fame" is that he appeared in the show and never got a toy. People want a toy of Devcon so that they can finally have one after 30 or so years. That's pretty much it. It's the same as getting an Alpha Trion, Elita-1, Impactor, Straxus and so on.

Hopefully the set won't wind up costing a grand like the BotCon '07 set. The Dreadwind from that set is my holy grail and I don't think I'll EVER get him.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Poor Dion. :saddowns:

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Devcon was more popular back in the days where the good continuities were the g1 cartoon, some pre-idw comics, and beast wars.

In today's world there's far more to draw from, though he's still a bit unique.

They need to repaint a beast hunters dragon to be that lizard alien he travels with.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

I don't think a botcon set will go for a grand for a long time, they produce them in much larger numbers now and people are much keener to use them to pay for the trip instead of keeping them, so ebay is flooded as soon as people have them.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rita Repulsa posted:

Devcon was more popular back in the days where the good continuities were the g1 cartoon, some pre-idw comics, and beast wars.

In today's world there's far more to draw from, though he's still a bit unique.

They need to repaint a beast hunters dragon to be that lizard alien he travels with.

I rewatched that episode because I'd just got MP Smokescreen in the mail. I love how the lizard dude is essentially The Frank Welker Creature Noises CD, Side 1.

e: BECAUSE CDS ARE LIKE RECORDS AND TAPES AND HAVE SIDES, PHY. GOD, WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE SO OLD?

Phy fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Mar 25, 2014

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Buzzsaw uber alles

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Ka0 posted:

Buzzsaw uber alles

I'm pretty sad that this never came out.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Buzzsaw deserves better.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

DOTM Laserbeak was a pretty great mold tbqh

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Blackheart posted:

It really is a shame that that mold was stuck with the horrible head it came with.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

It really is a shame that that mold was stuck with the horrible head it came with.

Yeah DOTM Laserbeak was actually very fun (and had a great mechtech weapon for your other figures!). A different deco and the alternate head would've been awesome.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Devcon isn't popular. I didn't even remember who he was before I looked him up. It's just the latest round of FunPub's "race for the most obscure character redeco" routine. At this point the only reason I would even consider buying the box set this year is to resell it, which is becoming more and more of a gamble with the quantity produced versus the number of people who care about owning the characters included.

Apparently they're never going to top the Cybertronian BW crew or the Games of Deception Seekers.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Nah, Devcon has a strangely large cult following in the fandom for his screen time. He seems to fill that rogue bounty hunter niche that weaboos eat up. Most people don't care about him one way or another, but the people who want a toy of him really want a toy of him and don't shut up about it.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Blackheart posted:

This looks almost exactly like the recent Ninjago Mech Dragon set from Lego.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Commence au festival, Dark Cybertron is over!

No real surprises, the main talking point isn't so much Megatron, more someone who really doesn't take the news very well.

Bring on MTMTE Season 2.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sentinel Red posted:

Commence au festival, Dark Cybertron is over!

No real surprises, the main talking point isn't so much Megatron, more someone who really doesn't take the news very well.

Bring on MTMTE Season 2.

You don't just start something like an aggressive, fascistic empire that lasts for millions of years and expect it to go away when you change your mind. I'm sure Megatron could explain his thinking to Soundwave with a nice sitdown over some engex... y'know, if Evil Leonard Nimoy hadn't got there first. On the bright side, I can't wait for Megatron versus the DJD.

Oh also Shadowplay is reversible if you really belieeeve and Brainstorm cured death offscreen. That last one felt a little cheap.

And a heads up, apparently comixology doesn't yet have the last page of the comic.

Phy fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Mar 26, 2014

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

Phy posted:

Oh also Shadowplay is reversible if you really belieeeve

This was actually led up to rather well. Side effect was that Shockwave was his whole timeline all at once, which included pre-shadowplay. And they showed the real personality to be causing him problems already. Basically, Jihaxus was right, he became unstuck in time.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Comixology must have taken it down, I am getting an error when I try to view the page:

quote:

The content you were looking for is not currently available
dang!

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

So, I may be getting a sort of ridiculous tax return (marriage + self-employment = deductions hoorayyy, apparently). I'll have enough to save some good money, and also some left over to make horribly depreciating toy buying decisions.

So, of course, I'm re-considering all the combiners and third-party toys that I've boycotted due to price. In particular, I'm looking again at the Predakings floating around, specifically the TFC and MMC versions. Is there a decent point-by-point comparison between the two that exists (or that someone could write up)?

I have a MMC Hexatron, and he's amazing. I love him. I also have a TFC Hercules, who is also incredible. I feel kinda underwhelmed by the TFC Uranus, though (I am probably going to sell the Blackbird, Phantom, and Eagle I have), and I am wary of any new TFC products when Gumball (not-Streetwise) looks like such poo poo.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Genuine question: if there's already been an amnesty and if you've just helped save all creation, do you not merit a fresh slate if you have genuinely come to the conclusion that you allowed your world view to become warped and have basically completely hosed up the last 4 millions years for everyone?

It comes down to the whole crime and punishment thing, is it worth punishing and ostracising someone if they accept what they did was wrong and wish to repent and make amends? Isn't rehabilitation preferable to simple retribution and punishment for the sake of it?

To err is robot-y, to forgive is divine. Or something.

It does make even less sense that Bluestreak will be joining the Lost Light now, mind. That poor dude is PSTD' up the wazzoo and now has to see the face of the guy responsible every single day? The mind boggles.

Buggered if I know but it's certainly something to consider.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Sentinel Red posted:

Genuine question: if there's already been an amnesty and if you've just helped save all creation, do you not merit a fresh slate if you have genuinely come to the conclusion that you allowed your world view to become warped and have basically completely hosed up the last 4 millions years for everyone?

It comes down to the whole crime and punishment thing, is it worth punishing and ostracising someone if they accept what they did was wrong and wish to repent and make amends? Isn't rehabilitation preferable to simple retribution and punishment for the sake of it?

It does make even less sense that Bluestreak will be joining the Lost Light now, mind. That poor dude is PSTD' up the wazzoo and now has to see the face of the guy responsible every single day? The mind boggles.

They will either be best buds or Bluestreak will have committed Suicide By Megatron by Season 4.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Sentinel Red posted:

I hear you. The situation reminds me of some DC comic or other when Superman was getting pissed off at new heroes going around killing villains, because they lived in a world with time-traveling gorillas and interstellar reality-bending gems and poo poo like that. The normal rules have a hard time applying to practically immortal, nigh-unkillable form-shifting robots.

I do believe rehabilitation is the proper answer. It's not a very easy sell to most people, though. People get scared (justifiably) of the evil-minded faking their way through rehabilitation and just let loose into the wild again. The problem with perception is that we can never truly "know" what's going on inside of the minds of someone who has been rehabilitated, and so don't know for certain whether they have made an honest transformation (har har). And even THIS attitude is likely to harm people giving rehab an honest chance, because it's an easy rationalization to make that they may as well act like villains if that's how people are going to treat them.

Anyway, I suspect in season 2 of MTMTE you'll have Megatron have quite a few dalliances with his old ways, and need some frequent reminders of how to not be a monster.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

SpikeMcclane posted:

This was actually led up to rather well. Side effect was that Shockwave was his whole timeline all at once, which included pre-shadowplay. And they showed the real personality to be causing him problems already. Basically, Jihaxus was right, he became unstuck in time.

You're right, and I was being too sarcastic. Hadn't had my coffee yet.

I want to make clear that I really enjoy this development. The current runs have been total fanservice, at least for me: We've had Robot Men Doing Space Adventures, we've had What Happens After The War; now we get What Would Happen If Megatron (Or Optimus) Came To The Conclusion He Was Wrong?

I'm sure there will be more than a few Autobots who don't share Prime's view of his old friend, who will be clamoring for Megatron to be incarcerated or put to death or worse. But morality aside, there's also a practical problem with doing that: It's fuckin' Megatron. Death doesn't seem to take for him. I think he's going to be allowed to take a stab at rehabilitation because how in the poo poo are you going to stop him?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
That final couple of pages with the pair of them was quite lovely, in its vibe of "welp, what the gently caress happens now."

Regarding another plot point - oh poo poo:

Megatron wanted to retrieve Bumblebee's corpse, Prime said leave it to the singularity...

..wasn't he carried the sole remaining half of the Matrix in there? If IDW do eventually have you-know-who show up (and god knows, the description of a "ravenous vortex bent on consuming all life" is pretty ominous), Cybertron is well hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

Sentinel Red posted:

That final couple of pages with the pair of them was quite lovely, in its vibe of "welp, what the gently caress happens now."

Regarding another plot point - oh poo poo:

Megatron wanted to retrieve Bumblebee's corpse, Prime said leave it to the singularity...

..wasn't he carried the sole remaining half of the Matrix in there? If IDW do eventually have you-know-who show up (and god knows, the description of a "ravenous vortex bent on consuming all life" is pretty ominous), Cybertron is well hosed.

Well, Rodimus did manage to destroy his half of the Matrix as well, and it was pretty clear that each half was pretty much powerless aside from the whole "it totally hides a map guys".