Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
The only good thing about a war with Russia is that FReepers would finally suffer some form of consequence for their stupid, heartless, reactionary bloodthirst when the bombs drop and vaporize them. Of course, being FReepers, their last thought would probably be a smug sense of satisfaction that at least the rest of the planet is dying with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Good read between sets at the gym. Bwahahahahaha FDR, leader during the greatest war in US(world?) history, compared to their greatest boogy man.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Georgia Peach posted:

Would America Go to War with Russia?

quote:

To: Abakumov

Should done in in 1941, but we had Obama I in the White Hut then.

39 posted on Monday, March 24, 2014 11:55:43 AM by Revolting cat! (Badwhereas things are wrong! Ice cream is delicious! We reserve the right to serve refuse to anyone!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]
Yes, why didn't we declare war on Russia in 1941, it seems like such a well thought-out scheme.

:psyduck: wait why was FDR Obama I? Because he didn't join Germany in Operation Barbarossa? Because he didn't respond to Pearl Harbor by declaring war on a completely unrelated nation?

I seriously can't read this any other way than "We should have signed a Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact with Germany, if only we had a REAL AMERICAN president!" at best, at worst "My ideal outcome for WWII would have been a Nazi/American alliance"

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

DrProsek posted:

Yes, why didn't we declare war on Russia in 1941, it seems like such a well thought-out scheme.

quote:

:psyduck: wait why was FDR Obama I? Because he didn't join Germany in Operation Barbarossa? Because he didn't respond to Pearl Harbor by declaring war on a completely unrelated nation?

I seriously can't read this any other way than "We should have signed a Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact with Germany, if only we had a REAL AMERICAN president!" at best, at worst "My ideal outcome for WWII would have been a Nazi/American alliance"

He gave poor people help

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Posters in the Eastern Europe thread were genuinely advocating that Patton was right, we should have fought the Russians. So that's a special thing some people hold on to.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

DrProsek posted:

The ideal right-wing troglodyte outcome for WWII was that Nazi Germany and the USSR both totally destroy each other and then the West (led by the US, natch) swoops in and kicks over what remains of their governments and replaces them with democracies.

Probably wouldn't be many Jews left, but you can't build a free society without a solid base of genocide, I guess.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

DrProsek posted:

Yeah really. It's like he's shoehorned himself into an untenable position whereby he gets to call everyone else a Nazi, you know since they're not WASPs, while unironically supporting an alliance with the Nazis against the Godless Communists. Also how can FDR have lived in the White Hut when it had been inhabited 100% by white men at the time? Is FDR the new First Black President?!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

SedanChair posted:

Posters in the Eastern Europe thread were genuinely advocating that Patton was right, we should have fought the Russians. So that's a special thing some people hold on to.

But even Patton was willing to wait until 1945 before invading the USSR. He, too, was too much of a chicken for the strategoi of Freep.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

nucleicmaxid posted:

Is Maine actually that crazy to spawn wackos like him or is he just trying to tag along with the secessionist idiocy of people from Texas? Being from Texas, I've never even heard of another state thinking it can secede (apart from the obvious historical examples.)

Eh, we'll take 'em. They have to give up or register their guns first, though.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

To: skeeter

The weird thing is... I (as a guy) could shack up with any other guy and SAY that we’re “gay.” And then cash in on the bennies. When we could be perfectly chaste singles. Who’s checking? Of course I would not WANT to do that because it would be a bad witness for the Lord. But I can imagine how many straight people might be tempted.

50 posted on Saturday, March 22, 2014 6:10:05 PM by HiTech RedNeck (Embrace the Lion of Judah and He will roar for you and teach you to roar too. See my page.)
Hate to break it to you buddy: the only "bennies" gay people get by "shacking up" together is sex and company.

Good to see the old "I COULD live the rich life like those welfare cheats but I'm TOO NOBLE!!" canard stretching its legs into other areas.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
So what's to stop a man and a woman from doing the same thing?

Nutjobs always bring that talking point up. "If we allow gays to marry what's to stop people from cheating the system?!" Because it's completely unthinkable for a man and a woman to pull the same trick.

Pong Daddy
Oct 12, 2012

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Nutjobs always bring that talking point up. "If we allow gays to marry what's to stop people from cheating the system?!" Because it's completely unthinkable for a man and a woman to pull the same trick.

A man and a woman... friends? Don't be absurd. Women are for marriage and children only.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

quote:

DrProsek posted:

Oh I had one of those guys when I was in undergrad. I think there's one in every history program. This is a man who referred to Hitler as a "peace loving" person. Now there are many adjectives you can apply to Hitler - some of them are even good, such as "brave" and "charismatic" - but "peace loving" is not among those adjectives.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Nessus posted:

quote:

Oh I had one of those guys when I was in undergrad. I think there's one in every history program. This is a man who referred to Hitler as a "peace loving" person. Now there are many adjectives you can apply to Hitler - some of them are even good, such as "brave" and "charismatic" - but "peace loving" is not among those adjectives.

I've lucked out myself, but one of my colleagues recently had what had to be some flavor of white nationalist in the European History survey class he taught who would not shut up about how unfair it was that no one talked about the heroism of the various non-German SS divisions on the Ostfront.

Captain_Maclaine fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Mar 24, 2014

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I've lucked out myself, but one of my colleagues recently had what had to be some flavor of white nationalist in the European History survey class he taught who would not shut up about how unfair it was that no one talked about the heroism of the various non-German SS divisions on the Ostfront.
Heroism in what, exactly, delaying the untermenschen?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Nessus posted:

To hear my friend tell it, the student got remarkably non-specific and hand-wavy when it came to what, in particular, they had done in Russia that made those SS divisions such hot poo poo. Apparently he had just enough vestigial self-awareness to realize that blatant Nazi cheerleading wasn't the best idea.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Sham marriages for the extra pay are in fact a long, proud tradition in the US military. :patriot:

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

Nessus posted:

Killing a poo poo ton of slavs. If only the west had let them finish their noble work, we wouldn't be in this mess now.

But seriously, if all this ends with Russia saying gently caress it and pushing the big, red button, I hope freepers aren't spared just because they don't live in urban centers. Let's hope the radiation zombies give them some real urban ferals to fear.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Little Blackfly posted:

Let's hope the radiation zombies give them some real urban ferals to fear.

Oh please. There's a reason they idolise those lovely survivalist/zombie apocalypse stories.

Then again, their utter delight at being able to shoot anything would wear off the minute they remember their targets were only 3 metres away at the firing range.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

WarpedNaba posted:

Then again, their utter delight at being able to shoot anything would wear off the minute they remember their targets were only 3 metres away at the firing range.

Not trying to one-up you here but Freepers will never, ever be happy. Even if their wildest fantasies of societal collapse followed by a return to White Values come true, they would still bitch and complain about the smallest imperfection ruining their impossible-to-realize dream world. These people are incapable of experiencing happiness. Even their few "good times" (Zimmerman acquittal, Healthcare.gov trainwreck, etc.) are just periods where they can revel in their spite a little more than usual. Nothing will ever truly satiate them because they have built their ideology around being contrarian fuckwads that take pride in alienating family members over their lovely beliefs.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Unzip and Attack posted:

Not trying to one-up you here but Freepers will never, ever be happy. Even if their wildest fantasies of societal collapse followed by a return to White Values come true, they would still bitch and complain about the smallest imperfection ruining their impossible-to-realize dream world. These people are incapable of experiencing happiness. Even their few "good times" (Zimmerman acquittal, Healthcare.gov trainwreck, etc.) are just periods where they can revel in their spite a little more than usual. Nothing will ever truly satiate them because they have built their ideology around being contrarian fuckwads that take pride in alienating family members over their lovely beliefs.

Remember that time they cheered about the VRA being gutted by the Supreme Court, then they were back to moaning and groaning the very next day when the Supreme Court killed DOMA and Prop 8?

They are incapable of considering anything a win and being happy because in their minds it gets cancelled out by some horrible thing that same week.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

WarpedNaba posted:

Oh please. There's a reason they idolise those lovely survivalist/zombie apocalypse stories.

That and when the grid goes down you can't go to Cracker Barrel afterwards.

Badera
Jan 30, 2012

Student Brian Boyko has lost faith in America.

VitalSigns posted:

It's the latter. Spend a bunch of time fearmongering and raving about how "The Gays are satanic destroyers of society because those perverts have sex that can't create children so they are all hedonistic monsters who love watching the world burn. If they cared about life, they'd only be able to orgasm by thinking of the baby they're shooting into a breed sow virtuous woman, but their deathstyle considers sex to be fun." :bahgawd:

You'll find you're vulnerable to the criticism that plenty of straight people suck dick, tittyfuck, lick pussy, do it in the butt, etc so The Gays aren't some uniquely diabolic evil. At this point, you can either agree and become an ordinary prude rather than a Nazi...or you can redefine Gay as "any sex where you purposely try not to get pregnant" and call for public stonings/gassings of Heterosexual Gays alongside the homosexual ones.

I'm not at all sure that this is incompatible with the teaching of the Catholic Church.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

WarpedNaba posted:

Don't worry, that one FReeper will just walk up at night and stick the zombies with a pencil like he did in the Marine Corps.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

kik2dagroin posted:

Yeah really. It's like he's shoehorned himself into an untenable position whereby he gets to call everyone else a Nazi, you know since they're not WASPs, while unironically supporting an alliance with the Nazis against the Godless Communists. Also how can FDR have lived in the White Hut when it had been inhabited 100% by white men at the time? Is FDR the new First Black President?!

That's the part that made it so bizarre to me; I know Freep, like any website, is not a single person and so two people posting opposite views isn't unexpected or anything, but on Freep I notice people happily posting the whole 'Obama/the Democrats/the left in general are just like Hitler because they want to take your guns/make healthcare slightly more accessible/want you to pay taxes' thing, implying Hitler is bad, but then in another thread you can see people without controversy posting about how the wrong side won WWII. Freepers aren't exactly shy about accusing eachother of being liberal plants so it just seems really strange that comments like that don't warrant any real response.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

DrProsek posted:

That's the part that made it so bizarre to me; I know Freep, like any website, is not a single person and so two people posting opposite views isn't unexpected or anything, but on Freep I notice people happily posting the whole 'Obama/the Democrats/the left in general are just like Hitler because they want to take your guns/make healthcare slightly more accessible/want you to pay taxes' thing, implying Hitler is bad, but then in another thread you can see people without controversy posting about how the wrong side won WWII. Freepers aren't exactly shy about accusing eachother of being liberal plants so it just seems really strange that comments like that don't warrant any real response.
Well I imagine they're like Churchill before the war: they may scorn Hitlerism but admire Hitler's manly rugged mustache and prefer him to - shudder - Bolshevists.

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

The regeneration is failing! Hooooo...

Unzip and Attack posted:

All freepers are Lord Voldemort and dalereed is their collective horcrux.

Actually have freepers ever written anything? Like say fan-fiction where they rode with Zimmerman or led a resistance movement against poor people being assisted in any way? I'm not talking their constant fantasizing I mean genuine attempts at narrative. Probably too lazy.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Mind Loving Owl posted:

Actually have freepers ever written anything? Like say fan-fiction where they rode with Zimmerman or led a resistance movement against poor people being assisted in any way? I'm not talking their constant fantasizing I mean genuine attempts at narrative. Probably too lazy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Turner_Diaries

quote:

The Turner Diaries is a novel written in 1978 by William Luther Pierce (former leader of the white nationalist organization National Alliance) under the pseudonym "Andrew Macdonald".[1] The Turner Diaries depicts a violent revolution in the United States which leads to the overthrow of the United States federal government, nuclear war, and, ultimately, to a race war leading to the extermination of all groups deemed by the author as impure such as Jews, gay people, and non-whites.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unintended_Consequences_(novel)

quote:

The novel's protagonist, Henry Bowman, shows an early proficiency with firearms, practicing whenever he can find the time. Encouraged by his father, he gathers an impressive firearms collection and gains extensive experience in piloting small aircraft. During college, Bowman is robbed, beaten, and sodomized by a rural gang. The incident nearly destroys him and causes him to become an alcoholic for a period.

While at a gun show in Indianapolis, Indiana,[3] with friend Allen Kane, Bowman publicly embarrasses an agent of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), Wilson Blair. One of Blair's men was trying to trick and entrap a fellow firearms dealer. Blair takes the offense personally, and with the support of the ATF's director, begins to plan revenge. Several years later, Blair and subordinate agents of the ATF plan to frame Henry and his friends as terrorists, smugglers, and counterfeiters. They plan to plant "evidence" when the men are away on vacation. Unbeknownst to Blair, Bowman delays his departure at the last minute due to a work commitment, and is on a friend's property when the agents arrive. Bowman assumes the agents are burglars and engages in a gun battle with them, killing or capturing all and in the process discovering the truth about the raid.

Bowman realizes that his life has been irrevocably changed. He makes Blair record a video taped confession of his illegal actions, then kills Blair and disposes of all forensic evidence of the agents' presence. Afterwards, he hunts down and kills Blair's remaining subordinates. Bowman and his closest friends begin to systematically kill ATF agents around the nation - whom Bowman views as supporting the infringement of citizen's constitutional rights, and abusing government powers - as well as politicians who had supported unconstitutional gun control legislation. Simultaneously Bowman releases the video tape of Blair to CNN, which claims that Blair and his companions have had a change of heart, realize what they are doing is wrong, and are now dedicated to killing other ATF agents. Amidst the national search for Blair and company, Bowman continues to rack up the body count.

Eventually, as the ATF and FBI are unable to effectively track down those responsible for the killings, the President of the United States is forced to give an address to the nation relating his intent to repeal the unconstitutional laws including the National Firearms Act of 1934 and Gun Control Act of 1968.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
^^William Luther Pierce was never a FReeper.

Mind Loving Owl posted:

Hyper-nationalistic conservative jerk-off military porn.

No joke.

For serious!

Zeroisanumber fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Mar 25, 2014

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

The regeneration is failing! Hooooo...
Wait Henry Bowman was raped by a rural gang? Have the urban ferals spread:freep: And drat, I was hoping for Harry Potter and the Poop Shute Using Ferals or some poo poo like that. Probably be more entertaining than Methods of Rationality at least.

Edit: I read the first link as Furry Dragon world against America. Like Salvation War but even worse.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I like that his friends go "This is totally a great idea!!" instead of "what the gently caress henry you KILLED A GUY. and he WAS A FED. and you did it on MY PROPERTY YOU CRAZY rear end in a top hat'

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
"Welp, we can't catch the nutjob killing all those people! Better repeal the laws deemed unconstitutional by said nutjob killing said people!"

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

SedanChair posted:

Holy poo poo really? You got some links or posts specifically about it. I between that and the USA politics thread I miss a day and am like 900 posts behind

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

DrProsek posted:

I noticed that there is very little actual back and forth on Freep despite the smallness of the community and, eventually, I came up with a few hypothesis. One is the fact that you really can't "debate" such bullshit positions without evolving your opinion, eventually you'll come upon some aspect which you haven't thought through completely and you'll have to think it through and change it. That's not what Freep does.

I also think it's a general fear that if you call out someone's bullshit they might call out yours. And you can only cite a previous random poster on the same site who doesn't cite anything themselves so many times.

And three, in general, all bad things are the same and all good things are the same. So, if you mention anything, any actual thing in any actual context it's lumped into either "bad" (Liberal) or "good" (Conservative) so the actual thing is irrelevant and ignored in favor of tone.
"Man I hate _______, why can't they be more like __________".
Here you can see the poster clearly means the first blank to be the bad thing so it's "liberal" regardless of the actual word so every poster can agree. And the second is clearly meant to be bad so it's "conservative" regardless. If called on it the answer will always be "Well I don't mean the ______ part of it! Just the ______ part!" Where, again, the blanks are filled in with "Liberal" and "Conservative" where appropriate.

This is how they keep the cognitive dissonance at bay.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Reinforced by the fact that the format of the site doesn't really lend itself to actual discussion. It would be nearly impossible to follow.

FADEtoBLACK
Jan 26, 2007

Darkman Fanpage posted:

"Welp, we can't catch the nutjob killing all those people! Better repeal the laws deemed unconstitutional by said nutjob killing said people!"

Then we can set a precedent for how many federal employees have to die for your choice legislation to be enacted/repealed!

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

muike posted:

I like that his friends go "This is totally a great idea!!" instead of "what the gently caress henry you KILLED A GUY. and he WAS A FED. and you did it on MY PROPERTY YOU CRAZY rear end in a top hat'

The thing about freep's talk about the coming civil war/RAHOWA is that it's more of a mindless scream of rage than anything than can be described as a plan. So in their fantasies there's never really any thought given to how the whole thing ends once they start killing ATF agents and judges and politicians and Girl Scouts.

1. Kill people who disagree with us.
2. ?????????
3. :911: :freep: Constitution restored!

Case in point: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3136652/posts

quote:

It’s going to take massive Civil Disobedience. Who’s going to blink first?

My guess is that the state will do some heavily advertised SWAT raids on selected people. What occurs after that could lead us into Civil War or to the ouster of all the current Politicians and hopefully long jail sentences for them too.

20 posted on 3/24/2014, 6:38:49 AM by The Working Man
You can tell this one is a moderate because he calls for politicians with whom he disagrees to be jailed rather than killed outright.

quote:

Here's the truth for all you corrupt politicians, prosecutors, judicial dorks, feckless LEOs, and enabling talking heads on TV and print editors: the Rule of Law dies when the first body hits the floor as a result of your enforcement efforts. Then the Law of the Jungle begins. Civil war is upon the State of CT (and NY) in this case.

Civil wars take on a life of their own and they cannot be managed or controlled. There are more criminals (as defined by these unconstitutional laws) than there are thug enforcers. Hunt the innocent citizens of your state at your own peril. We, your victims, will actively be hunting you and your families. There aren't enough thug enforcers to protect the guilty perpetrators of these illegal laws. You've become targets of retribution.

You've just put yourselves in the same position that Gen. Custer was at the Little Big Horn: “Where did all the Indians come from? Oh, crap!”
32 posted on 3/24/2014, 7:03:11 AM by MasterGunner01

quote:

To LEO’s: “Don’t come to our houses and we won’t go to yours.”

To be accurate the government takes great pains to hide the identity of cops who do this, with the taped over badge numbers, hoods, can't comment on an active investigation, etc. What they don't realize that once this happens it isn't personal against the individual cops who carry out these raids. They will have initiated asymetric war. The gun active owners aren't going to sit around and wait to be overwhelmed by SWAT types 20 to 1.

Once it hits the fan ANY cop is fair game. From the speed trap fund raising personnel to the responders to bank burgular alarms. They're wearing the uniform of the enemy. Look for mines in the favorite speed trap haunts, entire houses set to blow when the house clearing team is inside and other nasty tricks.

The government has been arming the cops with MRAPS from the army for just this sort of thing, but along with that comes the knowledge of IEDS with the self forging penetrators.

PLUS the politicians who passed this will go on the target list. I hope the law is rescinded so it doesn't come to this, but liberal politicans combine stubbornness, stupidity, irresponsibility, and arrogance in the worst possible way.
70 posted on 3/24/2014, 9:59:05 AM by from occupied ga (Your government is your most dangerous enemy)

quote:

To: Blue Turtle

If it hasn’t dawned on the gun prohibitionists yet, it’s beginning to. This isn’t going to be a “let’s you and he fight” affair with themselves watching the bodies flying from the sidelines. If you direct state force against your political opponents you become the enemy. Personally.

86 posted on 3/24/2014, 11:22:55 AM by Billthedrill

Two pages and not yet a single "I support the right of fetuses to own assault rifles but I think we shouldn't kill all the cops" type poster shows up. I'm hoping one does so I can watch him get zotted.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

The Insect Court posted:

PLUS the politicians who passed this will go on the target list. I hope the law is rescinded so it doesn't come to this, but liberal politicans combine stubbornness, stupidity, irresponsibility, and arrogance in the worst possible way.
70 posted on 3/24/2014, 9:59:05 AM by from occupied ga (Your government is your most dangerous enemy)

Those irresponsible, arrogant liberals, can't you see that you're the reason I'm going to devote myself to using literal terrorism to murder as many people as I can!? Seriously though, if freepers weren't all cowards someone would need to forward that entire thread to the FBI.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mind Loving Owl posted:

Bracken is a freeper and posts from time to time. Look up Enemies Foreign and Domestic and the sequels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
The coming civil war/RAHOWA always seems like it would go down like the reign of terror in the French Revolution. Just massive executions of anyone who wasn't "loyal" and anyone who was "progressive" or "feral". then they would inevitably turn on themselves until all that's left is DaleReed.

• Locked thread