Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Thrasophius posted:

The devs said that they where having special troop attrition put in eventually and terrain penalties for them. For example the camel warriors will suck when not in dessert terrain and that sort of thing. I can only presume they are doing this for the elephants otherwise I see India going all Hannibal Barca on Europe.

There is an achievement for an Indian realm conquering the British Isles, so... :q:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Bishop Rodan posted:

What time is Rajas due to be released?

18:00 CET according to Steam.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

"European city names chat" is a bit of a derail, but I just felt like adding that probably part of the reason why so many new world cities are named after European locations is to stave off homesickness. The first settlers had no plausible means of returning to Europe, since they were generally poor as poo poo, so naming the settlements after familiar city names was presumably part of the way they made the colonies home.

Where I am in Southwestern Ontario, most of the places have old world names, and they usually indicate who settled where. The British settlers? They founded Milverton and Stratford. The German settlers? Baden, New Hamburg, and Berlin (now called Kitchener). The Swiss settlers? Zurich.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
:siren: RoI/new patch is live now :siren:

Bishop Rodan
Dec 5, 2011

See you in the funny papers, liebchen!

Darkrenown posted:

:siren: RoI/new patch is live now :siren:

Not for me! :saddowns:

EDIT: Never mind, restarting Steam fixed it. Though RoI doesn't seem to be showing up on the store page.

Bishop Rodan fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Mar 25, 2014

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Was just about to post that, hot drat! I thought I was going to have to wait 4 more hours!

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009
Urge to skip class rising...

Bishop Rodan
Dec 5, 2011

See you in the funny papers, liebchen!
Erm... everthing in India is "noculture". :v:

EDIT: Nevermind, that was Portrait Realignment Pack messing things up.

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

marktheando posted:

This has been asked many times. Yes it will break your save, but you can roll back to the previous version in Steam.

How do you do this?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Is there a huge list of the changes with the new patch & expansion somewhere?

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Janissary Hop posted:

How do you do this?

Right click it in your libary, properties, betas, choose the 2.04 version.

Dongattack posted:

Is there a huge list of the changes with the new patch & expansion somewhere?

Yes!

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Rajas just finished downloading now, I'm so pumped!

Stevefin posted:

Speaking of Zoroastrians, how does one survive the starting old gods date as them. the longest I got was about 40 years before every Sunni holly wared me

My opening move is to Holy War the Alavid Emirate, because as a Shi'a duchy, all the nearby Sunni rulers won't join their war, though if you get your rear end kicked--which you shouldn't, the Alavids aren't very strong--they may still declare an opportunistic holy war of their own. Once you've conquered them and added their realm to yours, immediately swear fealty to the Samanids to your East.

At this point, you can't declare holy wars, but at the same time are protected from Muslim holy wars. I've always seen him accept fealty, too, he never insists that you convert first or anything. Once you're under him, declare a de jure war on Merv, since you start with a claim on the county. Since you and Merv are both vassals of the Samanids you can press that claim without fighting anyone else. Have your chancellor fabricate claims on every county in the Samanid Shahdom that isn't directly owned by the Shah and lather, rinse, repeat. Everyone within the Shahdom (except the Shah himself, of course) only holds a single county or maybe two at most so with your multiple counties from the start and all the little ones you've snapped up it shouldn't be too difficult. Once the only landholders in the Shahdom are you+your vassals and the Shah, start an independence faction. If you've still got at least a respectable number of your beginning event troops, he should cave without fighting, and even if he doesn't it won't be a huge challenge. Even if you don't have your event troops anymore it won't be too bad and he may acquiesce peacefully. Then you can just take the rest of his land once you're independent (I'd recommend gobbling it all up at once in a Holy War, but if the Saffarids aren't busy with something else that may backfire, you may just want to keep fabricating claims).

At this point, check what Cumania is up to. They start strong and are in a good position to get stronger, but if they're distracted by something, declare a Holy War for Turkestan on the Yagbuids. If this goes well you'll now have all the land surrounding the Aral sea. Skip this step if Cumania is at full strength, because they can and usually will intervene in the war if they're not busy with something else. Alternatively, if Cumania reforms Tengri which they seem to do a lot, you can declare war on the Yagbuids freely, as they usually stay Old Tengri, so Cumania won't join their war.

At this point, the only advice I can offer is "be smart." Don't waste troops unnecessarily, keep a good reserve of cash on hand, and only attack the Muslims when they're weak, preferably during a civil war. This is the strategy that got me closest to forming the Persian Empire, and I probably would have if this happened a few weeks back instead of right before this save-game destroying patch.

Punished Chuck fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Mar 25, 2014

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Where do I find my flags/gfx cache to delete for the new expansion?

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Did pretty well in my last game before the patch :)

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012

Torrannor posted:

Where do I find my flags/gfx cache to delete for the new expansion?

My documents -> Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II delete the gfx folder.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Yay! While I can't buy the expansion any time soon, at least this means that I'll be able to play CK2 without worrying about being unable to load my save.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Just bought it - the first time I've bought an expansion before its first time on sale. I'm pleased that I managed to finish my first full game last night as the Ua Briains - took Britannia and Francia in their entirety, but although I got Hispania I never quite managed to paint the whole of that bit of the world blue.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Finally I can realize my dreams of establishing a Viking India.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Darkrenown posted:

Right click it in your libary, properties, betas, choose the 2.04 version.

I think you have to launch the new version once before the "2.04 version" shows up in the list of betas.

BTW I think GamersGate seems to be having the only sale of CK DLCs right now (except for Rajas of course.) 50% off, not great but not bad either.

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

If you have the original game on steam, can you get additions to that with the gamer's gate version?

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Are those compatible with steam?

I was really hoping for a sale :negative:

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
GamersGate now gives you steam codes. Paradox discontinued the GG DRM-free version because like 2% of people were using it.

GreenManGaming has Rajas of India for $12 if you use the code: PLOCVS-G2T5YX-DATY6M also a steam code, naturally.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
All of my non-coastal sea province graphics have disappeared after installing the patch and RoI. Any easier way to fix than a reinstall?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
For some reason can't change Ruler Designer costs in the defines.lua. Everytime I do, game just won't launch. Can't mess around with a super ruler to see various things, very upsetting

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

code:
Added equal-opportunity tumbling of courtiers for women and homosexuals.
Paradox delivers yet again!

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

MotU posted:

For some reason can't change Ruler Designer costs in the defines.lua. Everytime I do, game just won't launch. Can't mess around with a super ruler to see various things, very upsetting

Are you using Notepad++? I had the same problem when I just used plain notepad but that fixed it.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

Boy, Semien sure seems to be a difficult start. The only way to not get eaten alive right off the bat is to swear fealty to Abyssinia, who then proceeds to convert me from Judaism. That's the whole point of being Semien, jerk!

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012

fool_of_sound posted:

All of my non-coastal sea province graphics have disappeared after installing the patch and RoI. Any easier way to fix than a reinstall?

Darkrenown posted:

My documents -> Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II delete the gfx folder.

Maybe, not sure though exactly what you mean though. If not, verify cache?

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Bit of a glitch with the dynamic-piety-name localization:

Presumably that should be Root.Religion.GetPietyName, since I don't believe that Player is a valid character scope.

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

I'm already irritated at having a diplomatic range. If there needs to be a limit on how far you can talk, there should also be a filter to not show anyone that you can't interact with to save a lot of tedious clicking.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Does anyone else not like how grey the Turkish portraits are? Some of them look like corpses

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
I always love Paradox games getting these huge expansions which double the map size or whatever and add mountains of poo poo and then patch size - 28 meg. :c00l:

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009

Pester posted:

I'm already irritated at having a diplomatic range. If there needs to be a limit on how far you can talk, there should also be a filter to not show anyone that you can't interact with to save a lot of tedious clicking.

They seriously didn't implement that?

The way I see it characters outside diplo-range simply shouldn't show up on the character finder at all (Unless maybe they're high enough rank). The count of the Faroe Islands shouldn't know who the emir of alexandria is, much less his psychological profile.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
War Elephant Stats
Offensive: 0.2/25.0/3.2
Defensive: 12.0/20.0/4.0

Edit: Also they either changed or hosed up how republics put their trade posts, they're all over the loving place. Venice put one of its first ones in Santiago, for some example.

Piell fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Mar 25, 2014

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
So what's with the infinite tournaments now?

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

I tried changing the colour values on the Turkish portraits and I think I made them look a little better, though it's less pronounced in these images than it is ingame

Original:

Changed:

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

ThePutty posted:

I tried changing the colour values on the Turkish portraits and I think I made them look a little better, though it's less pronounced in these images than it is ingame

Original:

Changed:

Man, that's a huge difference in the dude's wife.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Piell posted:

War Elephant Stats
Offensive: 0.2/25.0/3.2
Defensive: 12.0/20.0/4.0

War Elephant stats per point of maintenance:
Offensive: 0.01/1.25/0.15
Defensive: 0.60/1.00/0.20

Archers are better melee units. :v:

Dr. Video Games 0155
Aug 24, 2004

If in doubt, throw more men at it!

RagnarokAngel posted:

GamersGate now gives you steam codes. Paradox discontinued the GG DRM-free version because like 2% of people were using it.

GreenManGaming has Rajas of India for $12 if you use the code: PLOCVS-G2T5YX-DATY6M also a steam code, naturally.

This is fantastic, thank you. Ordered.

Any codes for Sons of Abraham or know somewhere that has it on sale? GMG/Gamersgate don't seem to have that particular DLC on sale unfortunately. Usually whenever Paradox releases DLC's there's a massive sale for previous DLC, I guess have to wait until RoI official release to find out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

Veryslightlymad posted:

Man, that's a huge difference in the dude's wife.

:v:

The women didn't really change that much so I dunno. I wonder if any of the other portrait packs could be made to look better though through colouring?

• Locked thread